Sign in to follow this  
TheHansonGoons

Outdated Client Warning

So, "dedicated" servers still drop if a "host" quits. And now I am hearing reports of "outdated client warning". What exactly does this mean? Why are people having difficulties searching for games on Xbox and PSN?

Why does a game drop if a host quits? Why is there a host if its dedicated?

Please help me understand. Not starting trouble, but these do not make sense if the server is truly a dedicated server.

Well, I just played a matched yesterday, the Host rage quit and the match did not end. After the match was over, I was listed as Host.

Not sure about “outdated client” as I have not experienced that.

Just wanted to add that ever since dedicated servers went live, the host quitting never dropped a match that I was in.

FYI - I play on Xbox.

Seems like the devs are shutting down dedicated servers, and going back to the previous crap, this game is also as buggy as it’s ever been, I just got killed by Jason hitting the car with an ax and it hitting me while I wasn’t even close to the car and was running away.

Jason is also getting stunned every time he gets breathed on.... pathetic 

No it has been happening to me all day on PS4, you wait 5 minutes to get into a game and when you get in you are not in a lobby that is a dedicated server.

25 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

So, "dedicated" servers still drop if a "host" quits. And now I am hearing reports of "outdated client warning". What exactly does this mean? Why are people having difficulties searching for games on Xbox and PSN?

Why does a game drop if a host quits? Why is there a host if its dedicated?

Please help me understand. Not starting trouble, but these do not make sense if the server is truly a dedicated server.

The outdated client issue has been happening a bit since the last update.

I remember something similar have happened in DbD some did have 2.3 ( 1.13) and some (1.14) the latter was the good one. I suppose it's why we have those issues.         

4 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

I remember something similar have happened in DbD some did have 2.3 ( 1.13) and some (1.14) the latter was the good one. I suppose it's why we have those issues.         

I guess bad luck can happen with any game.