Sign in to follow this  
Liquid Swordsman

Thom Mathews(Tommy) intro dialogues are missing

To @ShiftySamurai @mattshotcha(Which by the way, I want to say congratulations on your position and welcome the forums! Wishing you the best for your work and dedication here.)

A little surprised no one caught on to this yet, unless someone did and there is a thread covering this issue, then forgive me, disregard this thread and I'll direct this topic to the appropriate place it needs be. Since we were able to get Pamela's voice back, I figure this issue was worth mentioning and needed attention. I know Thom Mathews played a huge role behind the scenes when it came to getting his character into the game and I've got to say, it does feel a bit gloomy not hearing his voice that much often aside from "Come on maggot head!", "Come on chicken shit!" etc.

I don't know if this applies the same for Xbox or PC players, but as a PS4 user experiencing this, I can't remember the exact patch/update that occurred for this to happen, but I'm pretty sure they've been absent since 2017. I don't remember every single dialogue Tommy said, but these are the best I can recall going by memory and game play videos from last year. 

Current record of missing dialogues after Tommy's cut scene intro so far:

"Oh god! What am I going to do?"

"Jason is alive, I dug up his body. He's even more powerful now."

"Jason's alive. He killed my friend. Now he's coming for me."

Tommy while in Jason's kill animation:

"He's killing me!" is replaced by Chad's voice.

If anybody else can remember any other lines or notice other dialogue issues regarding Tommy besides the intro, feel free to refresh my memory in this thread and I'll gladly add it to the list.

• Thanks 1

Hey! Thanks for tagging me in here. I've spoken to the team and we're getting these reported now. This, at least in my short time on the job, the first I'm hearing of it. So if anyone knows of others, please do let us know.

Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey! Thanks for tagging me in here. I've spoken to the team and we're getting these reported now. This, at least in my short time on the job, the first I'm hearing of it. So if anyone knows of others, please do let us know.

Thanks for the heads up!

I am not sure about voice overs missing but there is strange lighting issues on all maps where lights above cabins / camp fires and fireplaces don’t light up till you walk up to them..... not sure if the team is aware of that issue as well.

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am not sure about voice overs missing but there is a strange lighting issues on all maps where lights above cabins / camp fires and fireplaces don’t light up till you walk up to them..... not sure if the team is set of that issue as well.

This one sounds familiar, but I'll check into it.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This one sounds familiar, but I'll check into it.

It's not a big priority, but while we're discussing things having issues, there's the occasional delay between an action and the sound effect associated with it.