Big Daddy J

Game permanently reduced to $20.

2 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

So, do you guys think this will bring in an influx of new players? Or will it have little effect overall?

For 20 bux people will definitely get there money's worth badass game awesome fun!!

33 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's a good strategy, considering Christmas is coming up. We'll get a few more players.

That's what I was thinking. I doubt there'll be a huge influx of people. But it should lead to a healthy bump in the player base. 

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

That's what I was thinking. I doubt there'll be a huge influx of people. But it should lead to a healthy bump in the player base. 

Agreed. Any new players will keep the game going longer.

Considering it was free for PS Plus 2 months ago, I dunno how many sales this will generate on the PS side of things...

Dunno if Microsoft or Steam did anything similar. 

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Agreed. Any new players will keep the game going longer.

Ho- Ho- Ho.....I see a whole lot of fresh counselor meat in our future come Christmas morning........

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Ho- Ho- Ho.....I see a whole lot of fresh counselor meat in our future come Christmas morning........

It certainly looks that way. Jason can put on a pair of white coveralls, as they'll be red soon enough.

I think this is a good thing, as it's a good overall price for the game, and therefore bring in new players. However, I can't help but feel that this could also be a bad sign for the game...typically when a game lowers it's price to such low number, it's because there's some major issue with the game such as backlash, low sales, etc. I know there's the lack of future content and glitches, but just thought I'd point that out.

31 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I think this is a good thing, as it's a good overall price for the game, and therefore bring in new players. However, I can't help but feel that this could also be a bad sign for the game...typically when a game lowers it's price to such low number, it's because there's some major issue with the game such as backlash, low sales, etc. I know there's the lack of future content and glitches, but just thought I'd point that out.

That's a point to consider.

If it launched at 34.99 that would have been the perfect price for what we got back then. Compared to other games, it really wasn't worth $60. I feel $35 would have been perfect to get the most amount of players and thus most amount of potential DLC buyers into the fold. However, hindsight is 20/20.

6 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

It is not uncommon for a Even a AAA developers game to drop quite significantly after one year to two years of sales....

your core fans / gamers interested in the game will have already bought it at the full price and now the drop pulls in players who were on the fence or heard good/ bad things about the game to pull the trigger and buy it.

8 hours ago, SirMang said:

Considering it was free for PS Plus 2 months ago, I dunno how many sales this will generate on the PS side of things...

There is still a significant amount of players out there that don’t have PS plus....and still only buy physical copies unwilling to move into the digital era lol.

In the Halloween Plaform Steam, I had lowered a% 85, I think, with this low price of 19.99 USD and if you get to see a Christmas discount, more players will come to the game. They are welcome

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If it launched at 34.99 that would have been the perfect price for what we got back then. Compared to other games, it really wasn't worth $60. I feel $35 would have been perfect to get the most amount of players and thus most amount of potential DLC buyers into the fold. However, hindsight is 20/20.

I bought the physical copy on release date for $35.

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I bought the physical copy on release date for $35.

And I believe the initial digital release was around $40.

17 hours ago, SirMang said:

They haven't although I'd actually love it if they put it on Xbox Games with Gold. There'd be tons of fresh meat.

8 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

By the time the game came to physical it had already lost enough popularity to be discounted.

We've seen a fair number of people come and go, both in the game and on the the forum.

I bought this game 6 months ago for $20, and it's been worth every cent.

It has more than its fair share of flaws, but on pure dollar-per-hour entertainment value, it's been fantastic.

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

By the time the game came to physical it had already lost enough popularity to be discounted.

That’s a pretty ridiculous statement. There isn’t very many games that retain its original srp for more than a few months. (The ones that I can think of are the Pokemon games that my daughter always wants. Their prices always seem artificially high and never go on sale.) And most people have the attention span of a gnat so it doesn’t surprise me that a lot of people would have moved on by the time the hard copy was released. But there are also a LOT of people that insist on hard copies, and I’m one of them.