Drop.Dead.Cynical

FvJ: the ending that never was

I watched a documentary a few years ago, can't remember which one,  but in it a proposed alternate ending to Freddy vs. Jason was discussed wherein the final scene was to feature Freddy and Jason down in Hell about to go at each other for another round when chains shoot from offscreen, blinding both characters in place and then Pinhead was to step out from the darkness and say "gentleman, what seems to be the problem?" 

Apparently this was scrapped because they were unable to obtain the rights to use the character. Personally I think this would've been a much better ending than the one we actually got. 

On a somewhat related note: years ago the was supposed to be a reboot of Hellraiser but Clive Barker wouldn't allow it because they wanted to replace Doug Bradley as Pinhead. As a lifelong fan of that franchise, I applaud that decision. 

I am not a huge Hellraiser fan.... not knocking it at all, the character designs are amazing, I just couldn’t get into the story or the sequels ....so for me I am glad the F vs J crew didn’t go that route, for some reason to me  Freddy vs Jason works really well with just the two of them together....

A mash up with any other horror icons would just get messy and confusing...

10 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

A mash up with any other horror icons would just get messy and confusing...

Unless it was with Michael Myers, then it would be bad ass. 

Another Hellraiser fan! I had recently read both of these news pieces too. The Barker Remake was mentioned again recently and I thought it was being released as a script. Could be wrong.

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Unless it was with Michael Myers, then it would be bad ass. 

I am a gigantic Michael Myers Halloween fan and I would not want to see him in a team up movie  with any of the other horror icons...

I feel that would water his character down

...His character and Mythology has plenty of story to tell without needing to incorporate other characters into The mythos or add him into theirs.

😃

Not Saying that  it couldn’t be done right,  I just think all these characters are interesting enough without teaming them up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Not Saying that  it couldn’t be done right,  I just think all these characters are interesting enough without teaming them up.

I felt the same when I heard about FvsJ, they could have done a lot better than they did, but it was entertaining. 

It would definitely have to be done right, but if you had the right group do a crossover between Jason, Freddy and Michael, it could be amazing. 

On 12/6/2018 at 1:39 PM, mattshotcha said:

Another Hellraiser fan! I had recently read both of these news pieces too. The Barker Remake was mentioned again recently and I thought it was being released as a script. Could be wrong.

I'd like to take a look at that script., just to see how they had planned on telling the story.

My most favorite thing about that franchise was how Pinhead was never truly the antagonist; he was a prisoner of that realm himself, he had just been there for so long and had endured so much torture that he lost touch with his own humanity (which was touched upon in later films). one of my favorite lines in the 2nd movie -- and there were many throughout the entire franchise -- illustrates this perfectly: "it is not hands that summon us, it is desire."

• Like 1