@Tommy86

Thanks for the video, I have been in block before and been hit from behind and stunned unless I am doing something incorrectly.... 

I will do some play testing with this maybe my issues come from the delay that comes with blocking lately.

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

A few months back and it is still exactly the same. I am also on PS4.

Gamertag? Not a challenge I'm just want to see if we are both seeing it differently but I've been one shot mask off using part 3 blocking hit from behind from bugz I play alot with biglizzle1982 and rev we run kill squads together and play this everyday for long periods of time still to this day gotta love this game lol

11 minutes ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Gamertag? Not a challenge I'm just want to see if we are both seeing it differently but I've been one shot mask off using part 3 blocking hit from behind from bugz I play alot with biglizzle1982 and rev we run kill squads together and play this everyday for long periods of time still to this day gotta love this game lol

Yes I have played with biglizzle, he was in that match in the video actually. The only reason why you would have been demasked even when blocking is because you had already taken enough damage to nearly kill the mask beforehand. The small damage you took on that block would’ve been just enough to finish the mask off.

My PSN is sixfiftythree

@OCT 31 1978 yes it is a known issue with the delay on block if you aren’t host. It came after the engine update, due to the devs changing combat stance entry time (to remove certain exploits).

7 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yes I have played with biglizzle, he was in that match in the video actually. The only reason why you would have been demasked even when blocking is because you had already taken enough damage to nearly kill the mask beforehand. The damage you took on that block would’ve been just enough to finish the mask off.

My PSN is sixfiftythree

Lizzle seen it many times happen also maybe it's a shit happens moment no damage took and blocking mask off happens alot lol

This topic has managed to breathe life back into the forum.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:14 PM, GeneiJin said:

The 2 problem is, there isn't many "pro" level Jason to go against "pro" level counselors.  There are too many good players that stay behind counselor pref.  The other issue is once Tommy is spawned, it's too easy to gather around him, protect him and grab the sweater, mask is likely knocked off along the way.  Assuming the Jason is skilled, smart and sneaky, and Tommy isn't a concern, he will eventually out last counselors if they aren't getting off the map.

You are right that you have to be equal parts "skilled", "smart" and "sneaky" as Jason if you want to have a fighting chance. I also throw "creative" into the mix, as sometimes you have to go off script to get the job done.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, GeneiJin said:

Pretty much decide by who get to the Tommy Radio first.  If that call gets off for free, expect the entire lobby if every player is on board seeing Jason dead.  At that point, it's a uphill battle, and a lot of luck will be required to make it out of it alive.

That's why a lot of the time, if I'm in QP with a group of Jason hunters, I'll just work on objectives and slip out of camp. Everyone else can go for the bragging rights, I'll take the EXP & CP from all the objectives they refused to fix.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:30 PM, BillyBallo said:

My friend, please, open google.com, write inside the box the word: "punctuation", open the first result and please read what is inside it. You will discover a new, wonderful, world.

Thanks,
The Community.

If I had a dollar for every punctuation  / grammatical  / capitalization / spelling error in this thread, I could treat a fair portion of the active community to a round of drinks.

If I had a dollar for every person who spoke for the entire community, I'd have enough money to treat another fair portion of the community to a round of drinks.

If I had a dollar for every person who was caught up in their awesomeness within this game, I'd have enough money to treat everyone else to a round of drinks.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:35 PM, SirMang said:

This wouldn't do much, if anything at all. 

3-4 Buggzy/Vanessas with thick skin will demask Jason without sucker punch quickly.  Meanwhile, they will be the first two to die and one's gonna be Tommy. 

Win-win for the hit squad. 

It always comes down to sacrificing 2 people. When I see players standing around waiting to be killed, I pass them by and go for the real targets.

19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You I’ll talk to about it, we have a number of mysterious guests, or one very fast guest going through old topics at a very fast rate. You can see them in Online Users. At least one of them is a member, but wether or not that means Black Tower is anyone’s guess. It could be Veteran members but it seems like someone is trying to get up to speed not revisiting past convos. 

Anyway, there really isn’t much more I can say. It could be a good sign, a bad sign or not a sign of anything. I like mystery’s though so, it has my attention right this minute. I hope it is someone from Black Tower or Gun., I would be much happier in the long run. It certainly makes me wonder what they’re collecting and why?

I love a good mystery as well. Let's round up a couple of ladies and a dog, and see what kinds of mysteries we can solve.

18 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

What makes you think his opinion doesn't matter and why does yours? Who should we listen to then? Maybe we should listen to noobs because the game should cater towards them right?

I dont know what else your comment is trying to say. Should we listen to no one and not post here? 

He wasn't bragging about being a pro or wanted to feel special, he just seems as though in a more likely scenario, he just wanted to say he's not a noob and wanted people to know he has experience in the subject at hand..... Which I like being pointed out.

unnecessary negativity from stupid comments prompts more from the receiving ends.

Negativity can breed more negativity, only if people choose to take that route. Choosing to take the high road and walking away from an argument can easily put it to rest.

Everyone has a right to post, but with great posting power comes great posting responsibility.

12 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

This thread is by far my favourite anime I’ve ever seen on this forum.

It does feel like an anime at times. I'm wondering who is gonna start gauging power levels, and who is over 9000 at this point?

If we start getting code names, I've got dibs on Piccolo. 😎

12 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Im sorry I can't respond. I'm not good enough to talk to pro Friday the 13th players.  They shine brighter then the sun.

I'm going Xmas shopping this weekend. I'll hook you up with some sunglasses.

11 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Wow...did you actually take the time to come up with all that thanks for wasting your useless time ;) oh by the way..I didnt read any of it lol

If you didn't read any of it, how do you know what was said and that it was laughable?

5 hours ago, pilospc said:

I have played games where i have a hard time getting more then 5 kills and other times where i don't even try and wipe out the entire room sometimes b4 rage it really mostly depends on the skill set of the players and their game plan when you play against them.

One thing I do hate is seeing people showboat and give a unskilled Jason player or new Jason player a hard time

There is a large spectrum when it comes to the skill in the player base. If makes for some interesting matches in some cases, and rather dull matches in other cases.

I'm not a fan of showboats or bullies in this or any other game.

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Yeah those people are just assholes. By the time they're in the 40's I have no problem with killing them. But don't be an asshole about it. Especially when the guy took the lose with grace. The worst I will do is take a bow.

A humble player earns respect faster than an arrogant player. Taking a bow is more dignified than bragging.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey gang!

First off, without pointing any fingers, let's try and get the civil back in this discussion. I know there are a lot of heavy, heated opinions currently, but we want to hear them ALL. So let's make sure we keep both sides feeling free to discuss.

That said, balancing is a major part of the update the team is currently working on. We have various fixes and balancing in this next coming update and I think a lot of voices in this thread will be pleased. As stated elsewhere, however, this update does not yet have a date set for it. I'll fill you all in on that as soon as I have something concrete.

It sounds like you guys are on your way to a much needed balance update. I look forward to the eventual release.

I also look forward to seeing what's done with the perks and stunning mechanics.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Op... did u mean underpowered lol..Jason needs a huge buff yes big time lol 

Ha ha no, I meant "original poster of this thread" by "OP"

• Haha 1

Oh another change to help Jason against the hit squads...

Whichever counselors suicide are ineligible to return as Tommy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One more thing for counselors:

COUNSELORS THAT SUICIDE SHOULD NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO COME BACK AS TOMMY. This is a cheap tactic used by bad Jason hunters to ensure one of them come back as Tommy. It needs to stop. 

Lol great minds think alike @SirMang

Edited by Somethin Cool
  • Like 3

But anyways thanks for everyone's input even the sarcastic ones lol it's been badass and fun let's see if this really comes to light we all can agree Jason is just to damn weak we need a challenge let it be overpowering it's been soft for way to long the community has spoken Jason is Friday the 13th not let's pound Jason's head in on Friday the 13th 🤘

@mattshotcha Just my opinion... The easiest and most commonly used way of demasking Jason is the indefensible hit after any one of his animations... people take great advantage of this, both to demask and get a free stun after certain animations. As long as this exists in game, it will remain easy to kill Jason... No amount of extra hit points will help him. Even a 25% bonus to his hit points only means one more strike anyway, 50% and Bugsy can still do it with two hits... easily done after his next animation, or stun... whichever comes first.
    An actual chance for Jason to resist the pretty much guaranteed stuns would be nice too... too many pinata parties staring Jason as the piñata... No one is afraid of a piñata... and each stun is an incredible easy to get free demasking hit with a sharp weapon, as with each animation he has. If a counselor has to question if a hit will actually stun him, then the grab is far less punishable as well... I actually like the grab as it is now... but its biggest complaint is that it is too punishable.
    The slowed block is in need of fixing as well... and meat shielding as they call it around here is very much needed, it makes no sense that a counselor can strike through another counselor anyway.
    I don't agree with showing Jason the Tommy house or power box and it should be left random... in my opinion... both sides need a chance... all we really need is to make it harder to get Jason's mask off to solve that one.
   The game is in a pretty good place other than the piñata issue and it being so easy too kill Jason. I don't think counselors should be buffed or nerfed further at all... considering the perk system will eventually be getting a workover anyway... which in itself could present further balance issues.

39 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Oh another change to help Jason against the hit squads...

Whichever counselors suicide are ineligible to return as Tommy. 

Brilliant!

37 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

One more thing for counselors:

COUNSELORS THAT SUICIDE SHOULD NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO COME BACK AS TOMMY. This is a cheap tactic used by bad Jason hunters to ensure one of them come back as Tommy. It needs to stop. 

Lol great minds think alike @SirMang

And seconds, I'll go for dessert and say this is a fantastic idea! Couldn't agree more! And I would like to see an icon on Jason's map for the radio tower, and to even this out why not put a phone icon and radio icon on counselors maps? They still have to find the fuse, and most OG players know where it spawns anyway. It would help the new players on both sides. Great thread guys, lots of good stuff!

• Like 1

I personally agree. Jason's grab needs fixed, I've been playing this game since day one, so I know when a grab fails to land that should have. It happens all the time now since it was reworked. And they need to do something about the Jason killing squads. Add some more steps, make it harder to get the sweater. SOMETHING. It's embarrassing how easy it is to kill him. I know they were working on a new way to kill Jason involving the shotgun. Thank God they never got to implement that. Last thing we need is MORE ways to kill him.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

For the last time, they can’t work on it anything or release anything without approval from Horror inc. I can’t say it any clearer.

Lol I can't say it any clearer either. I already know this and they already have approval to work on it but choose not to..... I already answered this in the other discussion, looks like you missed 2 comments over there.

4 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Lol I can't say it any clearer either. I already know this and they already have approval to work on it but choose not to..... I already answered this in the other discussion, looks like you missed 2 comments.

These 2 people just keep going lol it's awesome very civilized lol

41 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Lol I can't say it any clearer either. I already know this and they already have approval to work on it but choose not to..... I already answered this in the other discussion, looks like you missed 2 comments.

Perhaps this will clear it up.... Gun didn’t  choose to not work on new content.

( they want to they just can’t.) 

At this time they are unable to because content must be approved by Horror Inc and Victor Miller who the courts have ruled has the Rights to The original Friday the 13th and because the game and other Films are a Derivative work from the original he and Horror Inc must work together to approve said content.....

unfortunately neither party are on speaking terms after the law suit Miller is not responding to Cunningham which is why Gun and  Illfonic decided to work on other projects and why future content can’t be now..... later.... ever able to be released....

untill both parties come together and hash out the differences and how royalties will be split F13 will sit on the shelf...

hopefully this ends the back and forth....  @Slasher_Clone was right about the info he provided.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Perhaps this will clear it up.... Gun didn’t  choose to not work on new content.

( they want to they just can’t.) 

At this time they are unable to because content must be approved by Horror Inc and Victor Miller who the courts have ruled has the Rights to The original Friday the 13th and because the game and other Films are a Derivative work from the original he and Horror Inc must work together to approve said content.....

unfortunately neither party are on speaking terms after the law suit Miller is not responding to Cunningham which is why Gun and  Illfonic decided to work on other projects nd why future content is now..... later.... ever able to be released....

untill both parties come together and hash out the differences and how royalties will be split F13 will sit on the shelf...

The content was already approved with the license in the past and the lawsuit doesn't change that. A lawyer called zern or something that actually stared in the Friday the 13th movie as the fat curly haired kid already said they can keep working on it, but just never release it without permission which is my point. They could still work on it to be released after the lawsuit if the lawsuit goes the good way getting rid of the need to block content. I state why this is still a good choice and not a waste of money over in the correct topic.

If people want to discuss this I recommend reading my topic on it or just posting comments there.

also if you read guns responses they flat out say they choose not to work on it.... I saw that on Twitter. I think my topic covered everything possible after all the repeated claims from slasher.

14 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

The content was already approved with the license in the past and the lawsuit doesn't change that. A lawyer called zern or something that actually stared in the Friday the 13th movie as the fat curly haired kid already said they can keep working on it, but just never release it without permission which is my point. They could still work on it to be released after the lawsuit if the lawsuit goes the good way getting rid of the need to block content. 

If people want to discuss this I recommend reading my topic on it or just posting comments there.

No company will work on something that may never be released it is in no way profitable for them.

the lawyers name is Larry Zerner. He played Shelly in f13 part 3 he is famous for bringing to camp Jason’s infamous hockey mask.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No company will work on something that may never be released it is in no way profitable for the company.

They were suppose to be for the fans with their wording, not a company for money..... Plus there's a chance they could release it as I said. this would be going off topic here.

29 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

They were suppose to be for the fans with their wording, not a company for money..... Plus there's a chance they could release it as I said.

And you can’t pay Developers to make said content with out revenue......like I said.

Gun is all about the fans the game is a love fest to us but things cost money and you can only continue them as long as they are generating revenue to pay out costs.

And at the end of the day Gun is a company that needs to make profits to stay in business.

2 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Lizzle seen it many times happen also maybe it's a shit happens moment no damage took and blocking mask off happens alot lol

Jason still takes damage while blocking. Not nearly as much as if he's not blocking but enough to demask him if his hit points get low enough. 

On 12/5/2018 at 2:00 PM, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Ok just putting this out there as I am pro player and run with the very best players in this game on the ps4 and im speaking for everyone in this community Jason is just just to damn weak come on I've been able to run Jason around the whole 20 minutes with just mitch yes I am mitch the snitch lol seen a debra slap that mask off with just 3 hits umm what about this 7 Chad's just down right pounding out Jason for 20 minutes lol yes we have done this to countless Jason's umm we really dont wont talk about what 7  Jenny's or Vanessa's can do giveJason a huge buff like speed and health and weapon swing is just garbage I've been playing this game since about 2 weeks after digital release I've seen all the ups and downs of this game but damn it's so much fun we can't stop playing just need Jason to be feared not just pounded on over and over ok my plea to the developers is done give what is left of this community what they need A BADASS JASON KILLING MACHINE!!

I whole heartedly agree. Jason's not am unstoppable monster. Since 2 patches ago, I've been consistently killing him with one friends. One day i killed TWELVE Jason's back to back. Jason needs buffed BADLY.

9 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

The content was already approved with the license in the past and the lawsuit doesn't change that. A lawyer called zern or something that actually stared in the Friday the 13th movie as the fat curly haired kid already said they can keep working on it, but just never release it without permission which is my point. They could still work on it to be released after the lawsuit if the lawsuit goes the good way getting rid of the need to block content. I state why this is still a good choice and not a waste of money over in the correct topic.

also if you read guns responses they flat out say they choose not to work on it.... I saw that on Twitter. I think my topic covered everything possible after all the repeated claims from slasher.

They can't just keep a bunch of programmers on the payroll sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the lawsuit to get finished. They made an executive decision to not release new content and everyone has moved on to other projects. What part of this is so hard to understand? Blacktower just jumped on board for balance issues and glitches. That's it. Content wise the game is done. But they can still work on balance and that's what this thread is about. Let's try to stay on topic.

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

They can't just keep a bunch of programmers on the payroll sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for the lawsuit to get finished. They made an executive decision to not release new content and everyone has moved on to other projects. What part of this is so hard to understand? Blacktower just jumped on board for balance issues and glitches. That's it. Content wise the game is done. But they can still work on balance and that's what this thread is about. Let's try to stay on topic.

It sounds like the eventual upcoming patch might be pleasing to the player base. I've got my fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1