3 hours ago, DasMurich said:

So, I've been playing again recently, frequently, and actually have Jason selected as my preference.

I posted somewhere on here a long time ago that one of the biggest problems with Jason is his constantly being locked in to animations while being completely vulnerable to attacks. Hacking a door, walking through a door, grabbing a knife, breaking a power box, etc. It seems, and maybe my memory is off, that it's gotten worse. I couldn't count the times in the last week or two that I've performed an action as Jason and had a Chad come walking in to the frame in combat stance ready to knock me out. Between that, the awful grab (which I once supported), the swings, the distance a counselor can get from you when you fail - and come back to attack while you're still stumbling.... When you're Jason and literally being followed, there's something wrong. 

The game really has gotten to feel like, as Jason, you're trying to survive the counselors.

I don't see counselors play cautiously - I don't think caution is rewarded. Most players just run about trying to complete their tasks with little thought as to Jason. If he shows up, we'll just beat his ass. Bear trap? Who cares I'm going to step in it and keep running. Straddle a broken window? I can do this all day. Throwing knife in my head? Funny, I don't feel a thing. 

There's a lot suggestions here that are good, although we can write off the "add X" ideas. I think I'll just contribute to the consensus that Jason is just too weak. 

And I have been playing since launch and never have seen Jason so damn weak they have said the next patch is for jason when I have no idea but the words was very clear the elites will not be bullying jason no more I really hope those words have meaning behind them because the community needs there player base back this game was so damn hot you couldn't keep your controller out your hands now.. its oh..its jason...kite and beat down time

I played a little this morning.... Had a match as Jason, I'd cleared half the lobby and then spent the rest of my time getting my ass beat by Tommy, Chad, and 2 Tiffany. No objectives had been completed, they didn't even have the sweater. All they did was beat on me. 

I eventually killed them slashing, using Part 7 as I've got Jason set to random. 

This shouldn't even be a thing. Counselors giving zero shits about completing objectives and escaping - even killing - just because they can dance circles around Jason and pummel him because it takes 10 minutes to chop through their Thick Skin and med sprays. 

Take a long enough break and come back to something I hardly recognize, it isn't encouraging. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I played a little this morning.... Had a match as Jason, I'd cleared half the lobby and then spent the rest of my time getting my ass beat by Tommy, Chad, and 2 Tiffany. No objectives had been completed, they didn't even have the sweater. All they did was beat on me. 

I eventually killed them slashing, using Part 7 as I've got Jason set to random. 

This shouldn't even be a thing. Counselors giving zero shits about completing objectives and escaping - even killing - just because they can dance circles around Jason and pummel him because it takes 10 minutes to chop through their Thick Skin and med sprays. 

Take a long enough break and come back to something I hardly recognize, it isn't encouraging. 

Till the developers do what they said what's coming for jason buff my advise for you since you just came back make sure your set to jason part 3 or 4 with a spear or pig splitter those 2 weapons really do have range and combat those types of players spear is the best bet tho on those 2 jason..poke the trolls and watch them rage quit so fast...welcome back

On 1/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

set to jason part 3 or 4 with a spear or pig splitter

Maybe I'll give this a whirl. I've got a machete set on all Jasons with the same kills in the same spots -- less to think about. I've been using random to keep it interesting but interesting isn't turning out to be too fun. 

(I actually hate using Part 4 strictly because of how he looks. There's just something so off about him to me.)

Tried random with counselors but man I really suck with some of them. 

I think I've got over 6 or 700 hundred hours logged, I'm familiar enough with game. It's just that the landscape has changed so much as far as what, or I guess who, I now encounter. 

Update yes jason is weak we know but how much damage does firecrackers 1 shotgun blast and 1 hit with a machete from Tommy can do well just say in 100% damage quick play games it's over I died lol mad props to the kill squad for getting that Tommy call yes I even congratulated them they was even surprised how fast my mask flew off lol without quick block in quick play your on barrowed time as a jason main good luck everyone 

Wtf happen I get away by the cops he still grabs me kills me then I'mrunning around with 1 leg it took 5 more times of him killing me to keep me down yes he killed me 5 times in 1 game but after I I was some how glitched I couldn't pick up items or weapons..he just kept repeatedly killed me lol 

I have just got twice, as Jason, a group of cheaters/ Jason hunters.

I couldn't kill any of them but one of them used a hack that teleported him away from Jason all the time and the others surely used hacks and the usual combination of Chad + Thick Skin + double spray.

That's very annoying that the cheaters never get permabanned in this game.

Moreover, everytime I hit one of them in first strike, I immediately go down, stunned, while the other whom got hit is fine....

This game needs to be fixed.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:06 PM, KFC Lachappa said:

No if you press R3 and R2 to hit after that press R3 R1 you can block the swing but the timing is relly hard it is possible

The problem is that some attacks bypasses the block and that you can't attack immediately after a block.

I blocked one attack from Vanessa, tried to counter-attack just after. She was swifter and I've got hit first.

The counselors should take more punishment when trying to attack Jason (Stamina and stuff) and even more when they get hit.

The number of cheaters and trolls doesn't help...

In my four last game, there was a group of 3 (1 Jason and his two friends helping him) and the group of trolls and cheaters I mentioned above.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KenshiroHNK said:

The problem is that some attacks bypasses the block and that you can't attack immediately after a block.

I blocked one attack from Vanessa, tried to counter-attack just after. She was swifter and I've got hit first.

The counselors should take more punishment when trying to attack Jason (Stamina and stuff) and even more when they get hit.

The number of cheaters and trolls doesn't help...

In my four last game, there was a group of 3 (1 Jason and his two friends helping him) and the group of trolls and cheaters I mentioned above.

The thing that was said the elites will not be bullying jason no more after the jason buff I'm really wanting this to happen me myself have not been bullied but I have witnessed it and even stomped the crap out of Jason's many times it must end

2 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

The thing that was said the elites will not be bullying jason no more after the jason buff I'm really wanting this to happen me myself have not been bullied but I have witnessed it and even stomped the crap out of Jason's many times it must end

They aren't elites.

Elites don't cheat and don't use hacks.

I have faced "elites" before", there is another groups of trolls / cheaters bullying Jason around and they trolled me on the first coming.
I completely annihilated them on the second encounter. XD

Those I faced yesterday uses hacks that gives them a survival chance around 100%, they should be banned forever.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KenshiroHNK said:

They aren't elites.

Elites don't cheat and don't use hacks.

I have faced "elites" before", there is another groups of trolls / cheaters bullying Jason around and they trolled me on the first coming.
I completely annihilated them on the second encounter. XD

Those I faced yesterday uses hacks that gives them a survival chance around 100%, they should be banned forever.

Was the only you speak of swinging the bat then teleporting away if you tried swinging or grabbing them..if so that's called sliding glitch and if there super good at it you'll never catch or hit them..I just leave when I see people doing that I know how to do that I'll wont explain how to do it on here for obvious reasons lol

24 minutes ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Was the only you speak of swinging the bat then teleporting away if you tried swinging or grabbing them..if so that's called sliding glitch and if there super good at it you'll never catch or hit them..I just leave when I see people doing that I know how to do that I'll wont explain how to do it on here for obvious reasons lol

I see

On 1/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, mattshotcha said:

I'm a fan of GameplayingGuru!

Love seeing this type of thing kick off. 

What about this person? He's very under appreciated in my opinion. Boredem Era. 

He's awesome for the community with his helpful tricks and tips videos and tutorials, sharing his knowledge with the general playerbase with his neat little concise videos. He's great for the game! @mattshotcha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fridaythe131 said:

What about this person? He's very under appreciated in my opinion. Boredem Era. 

He's awesome for the community with his helpful tricks and tips videos and tutorials, sharing his knowledge with the general playerbase with his neat little concise videos. He's great for the game and the community! @mattshotcha

Nice tips, thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 6:25 PM, mattshotcha said:

I'll have to put those on in the background today!

Why did jason have guard when he cant get hit in rage mode or die 

Tommy should stun rage jason because he is the hero and need to defend the counselor 

@mattshotcha

Seems like this update was made for the causal players. As for the pros and veterans, playing Jason is too easy and boring now and just screws them over, its not even fun no more playing as Jason. 

From a counselor perspective it's definitely more fun and challenging but i like to play both sides, the balancing seems off.

All jason needed was a buff in HP and block to be fixed for client so there is no delay in combat stance entry time as opposed to host, which there is none and it's instant. Combat stance entry time is delayed for off host and the delay increases the higher the ping goes. This delay is less noticeable when blocking on 60ms and feels fast as if you were blocking on host usually in 1 on 1 instances with counselors (who don't have SWIFT attacker) when it infact it isnt and you'll realise this when you get grouped up on and gang banged on as client. Fixing block was the issue!

Even once this kill bug is fixed in rage it won't make playing Jason any much more fun, there just seems to be no skill gap in playing Jason any longer, which sucks. Matt you should join the Facebook pages to keep up to date with all the opinions and chatter on this new patch. The non causals Jason players do not like it at all, maybe the casuals too but i don't know how accurate that would be if i were to say that but knowing them they probably love it as they are good as the great Jason players now when it comes to getting easy 8/8s @DEVILS_REJECTS7

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Fridaythe131 said:

@mattshotcha

Seems like this update was made for the causal players. As for the pros and veterans, playing Jason is too easy and boring now and just screws them over, its not even fun no more playing as Jason. 

From a counselor perspective it's definitely more fun and challenging but i like to play both sides, the balancing seems off.

All jason needed was a buff in HP and block to be fixed for client so there is no delay in combat stance entry time as opposed to host, which there is none and it's instant. Combat stance entry time is delayed for off host and the delay increases the higher the ping goes. This delay is less noticeable when blocking on 60ms and feels fast as if you were blocking on host usually in 1 on 1 instances with counselors (who don't have SWIFT attacker) when it infact it isnt and you'll realise this when you get grouped up on and gang banged on.

Even once this kill bug is fixed in rage it won't make playing Jason any much more fun, there just seems to be no skill gap in playing Jason any longer, which sucks. Matt you should join the Facebook pages to keep up to date with all the opinions and chatter on this new patch. The non causals Jason players do not like it at all, maybe the casuals too but i don't know how accurate that is but most likely they'll love it as they are good as the great Jason players now when it comes to getting easy 8/8s @DEVILS_REJECTS7

100% true he is trash as fuck Jason is to weak lmfao block idiot or play better xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fridaythe131 said:

@mattshotcha

All jason needed was a buff in HP and block to be fixed for client so there is no delay in combat stance entry time as opposed to host, which there is none and it's instant. Combat stance entry time is delayed for off host and the delay increases the higher the ping goes. This delay is less noticeable when blocking on 60ms and feels fast as if you were blocking on host usually in 1 on 1 instances with counselors (who don't have SWIFT attacker) when it infact it isnt and you'll realise this when you get grouped up on and gang banged on.

Even once this kill bug is fixed in rage it won't make playing Jason any much more fun, there just seems to be no skill gap in playing Jason any longer, which sucks. Matt you should join the Facebook pages to keep up to date with all the opinions and chatter on this new patch. The non causals Jason players do not like it at all, maybe the casuals too but i don't know how accurate that is but most likely they'll love it as they are good as the great Jason players now when it comes to getting easy 8/8s @DEVILS_REJECTS7

Let me guess people liked beating jason 20 minutes...lol come on play the game jason is feared now the trolling problem has been solved I'm a badass jason and I see nothing wrong with it..matter of a fact I like watching new players cut down veterans that think there all high and mighty....its really enjoyable revenge of the new players!! Getem..boys...the dev's was watching...the dev's didn't like what was going on and now..its nice and quiet..enjoyable game ohh..by the way all this talk about OP jason..never effected my game play...just dont piss jason off...haha

41 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

100% true he is trash as fuck Jason is to weak lmfao block idiot or play better xD 

Reported done with this guy

1 minute ago, KFC Lachappa said:

But it is true you kill the game 

Lmfao no toxic people like you killed the game move along now obviously you are here to troll lol...umm how that working out for you in game huh?...yeah...shhhh..chop chop chop shhh..hush little baby go to sleep

1 minute ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Lmfao no toxic people like you killed the game move along now obviously you are here to troll lol...umm how that working out for you in game huh?...yeah...shhhh..chop chop chop shhh..hush little baby go to sleep

Noobs like you kill the game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stop the arguing and stick to the topic.

4 hours ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Well, i believe your not wrong somewhat. Lol.

4 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

matter of a fact I like watching new players cut down veterans that think there all high and mighty....

Actually, i change my stance on that. Half of them are still doing atrocious with this buff which holds their hand. 

4 hours ago, Fridaythe131 said:

Seems like this update was made for the causal players. As for the pros and veterans, playing Jason is too easy and boring now 

Theres no such thing as PROS..

But as a veteran of this game.  Whos probably played more than you.   You are WRONG when you say Jason is too easy and boring now.

This update has made late game much more exciting...   Being able to beat Jason silly the whole match is what made it boring.

Now that Jason is a complete tank when he gets rage.  That makes the game the exact opposite of boring.

• Thanks 1

Grabbing is still useless... and late game now consist of just running vennessas, along with a probable meta change for stamina perks and speed buffs for recovery, can’t forget the 6 med sprays a single idiot can hoard and use against Jason. It’s still annoying spending minutes or the whole game on 1 person, but I expect the buffs arnt done yet? This has solved the problem of easy kills though.