2 hours ago, Fridaythe131 said:

I disagree, he's not as weak as your making him out to be. You may want to study those two players up above, they are actually feared or command immense respect as Jason players and there are many more where they came from. You may want to study Jason's gameplay more. Like i say off host (client) he is weak, the block is delayed. The higher the ping, the more delayed the block. If they fix that back to what it was before the engine update and you utilised block, you and @DEVILS_REJECTS7, Jason would be perfectly fine and you'd have fun playing him. One of the foundational aspects of an elite Jason player is his block and again i can't emphasize enough it needs to be fixed for off host i.e client. Just perhaps increase Hp to make killing Jason not that easy and job done. A blocking Jason becomes very very hard to troll and even kill if they know how to play. It's on the player once these changes are implemented and not Jason himself. Jason's new grab didn't help but people have become accustomed to it, myself included. Looks more sharp and real when i look comparing with the old one.

Play vs 7 Pro Tryh counselor you will get maybe 1 kill 

1 hour ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Are you serious let’s go through all the counselor mistakes in the first video and I’ll edit the second video later with more time. And Jason is no different in the way I play mostly. There’s is 2 differences I break doors differently looking left to stop my weapon from getting stuck and I don’t know how to have extended shift with the animation cancel.

1 a idiot jumps through the window not having it open and gets crippled. 

2 another window jump fail from pushing their luck searching a drawer wasting time.

3 one was way away from the hurd at 6 mins and should not have died and pushed their luck fighting him. 

4 what is everyone’s goal. It’s quite stupid people arnt just focusing killing him or calling the police. There’s for some reason people going for the 2 seater car activating the traps. If all 7 just stayed around him, surely he can be bullied.

5 why are people getting baited into hitting Jason? Why hit when there’s the possibility he can just turn away shift or high chance of 0 ping block. People should only hit after Jason is forced to swing. Everytime he swings he’s vulnable for a couple seconds enough for a counterattack, even if someone has to take a hit for the counter to be made. And do they even use swift attacker lmao 

6 the car at 815 could have had a sense for his spawn point there in morph and if he wasn’t driving that fast he could have stopped in time and reversed.

7 11:20 he swings the other way and wastes his pocket knife and should have had stamina to make that not happen.

8 11:45 he slowly crawls out the window costing a life. And should have jumped as the door broke or not have been there in the first place.

9 everyone has shit ping.... from either a bad Jason host or just personal slow counselor internet for everyone.

lets consider all this didn’t happen. Would the victory have still been flawless. I do admit counselors could still have the upper hand with beating Jason if Jason is host and this good, but the level of play and teamwork from counselors would have to be immense and it’s already quite hard for those people. I want competition for balance as I have stated before, but I wouldn’t mind it being left the way it is because of how difficult it is currently for even masters it appears. I want block fixed and grabbing after block with ping, if that’s not possible then all these other buffs people are giving ideas for will be needed in replace. Since grabbing is near useless I think that would need a buff somehow too.

part 2 about the other video later maybe, i dont know if there’s more of a point. I don’t think they could play perfectly either.

I played with guru and wiz and Khan I know them really well..and all of those guys will tell you Jason is weak!! Believe me Jason is weak..lol

4 minutes ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

I played with guru and wiz and Khan I know them really well..and all of those guys will tell you Jason is weak!! Believe me Jason is weak..lol

Yeah they will agree with what i just said. Lol. Not a fully functioning block for client and also they probably won't mind a HP boost aswell most likely. Seems like they are having a blast playing J on host though. Maybe @DEVILS_REJECTS7 you should talk more about the block rather than Jason being weak and specifics. 

6 minutes ago, Fridaythe131 said:

Yeah they will agree with what i just said. Lol. Not a fully functioning block for client and also they probably won't mind a HP boost aswell most likely. Seems like they are having a blast playing J on host though. Maybe @DEVILS_REJECTS7 you should talk more about the block rather than Jason being weak and specifics. 

you telling me Jason is not weak...lmao

2 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Are you serious let’s go through all the counselor mistakes in the first video and I’ll edit the second video later with more time. And Jason is no different in the way I play mostly. There’s is 2 differences I break doors differently looking left to stop my weapon from getting stuck and I don’t know how to have extended shift with the animation cancel.

1 a idiot jumps through the window not having it open and gets crippled. 

2 another window jump fail from pushing their luck searching a drawer wasting time.

3 one was way away from the hurd at 6 mins and should not have died and pushed their luck fighting him. 

4 what is everyone’s goal. It’s quite stupid people arnt just focusing killing him or calling the police. There’s for some reason people going for the 2 seater car activating the traps. If all 7 just stayed around him, surely he can be bullied.

5 why are people getting baited into hitting Jason? Why hit when there’s the possibility he can just turn away shift or high chance of 0 ping block. People should only hit after Jason is forced to swing. Everytime he swings he’s vulnable for a couple seconds enough for a counterattack, even if someone has to take a hit for the counter to be made. And do they even use swift attacker lmao 

6 the car at 815 could have had a sense for his spawn point there in morph and if he wasn’t driving that fast he could have stopped in time and reversed.

7 11:20 he swings the other way and wastes his pocket knife and should have had stamina to make that not happen.

8 11:45 he slowly crawls out the window costing a life. And should have jumped as the door broke or not have been there in the first place.

9 everyone has shit ping.... from either a bad Jason host or just personal slow counselor internet for everyone.

lets consider all this didn’t happen. Would the victory have still been flawless. I do admit counselors could still have the upper hand with beating Jason if Jason is host and this good, but the level of play and teamwork from counselors would have to be immense and it’s already quite hard for those people. I want competition for balance as I have stated before, but I wouldn’t mind it being left the way it is because of how difficult it is currently for even masters it appears. I want block fixed and grabbing after block with ping, if that’s not possible then all these other buffs people are giving ideas for will be needed in replace. Since grabbing is near useless I think that would need a buff somehow too.

part 2 about the other video later maybe, i dont know if there’s more of a point. I don’t think they could play perfectly either.

Wow, someone who agrees with me that the counselors are not up to scratch in this community. Thank you. You don't need to make a part 2, i don't disagree with you to be honest.

Watch these two games: 

Or

If Jason plays against these sorts of teams then he may infact should be called weak. Passive players, who like to kite, engage only for stamina, dodge cancel upon hit etc etc but this guru player is just very good so makes it look easy. The last link does highlight Jason's struggles vs passive smart players. The first video was 6 counselors and all of them chad, chad not having the greatest of stamina but 6 counselors with no Tommy and chads at that too rather than Vanessas or even Tiffanys playing smart ran a very good Jason around for almost 18 minutes. The goal was to survive the night, which made it much much easier for Jason, throw in higgins is not known to have many sprays and a lot of open space, didn't fair too bad. Now, if they go for the kill or push objectives too, this really could be tough for Jason as J cannot now just tunnel for stamina drain as his attention is needed on multiple objectives.

11 minutes ago, Fridaythe131 said:

Wow, someone who agrees with me that the counselors are not up to scratch in this community. Thank you. 

Watch these two games: 

Or

If Jason plays against these sorts of teams then he may infact should be called weak. Passive players, who like to kite, engage only for stamina, dodge cancel upon hit etc etc

And now players are more passive now then ever Jason can't do nothing against this notta he way to slow and weak man 

On 1/1/2019 at 7:48 PM, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

you telling me Jason is not weak...lmao

I have just said, you can come to that conclusion off host due to the non functioning block. He is somewhat weak against a team of knowlegable smart counselors. You should read the posts again. And also your just going to get some exceptional counselor players in this game who outmatch the Jason's skill, especially if they are a few of them working together as a team that's how games are I'm afraid. 

On 1/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, KFC Lachappa said:

Play vs 7 Pro Tryh counselor you will get maybe 1 kill 

Well ... not all the time, for you. 7 tryhard counselors:

I agree, on client a different story however. The goal was to survive the night.

Jason need lil buff

Counselor need damage nerfe

On 1/1/2019 at 8:28 PM, Fridaythe131 said:

Well ... not all the time, for you. 7 tryhard counselors:

I agree, on client a different story however. The goal was to survive the night.

On dedicated serverJason vs 7 trhy is to 100 % dead when tommy is called 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Jason need lil buff

Huge buff...or we will continue to beat Jason's senseless haha... huge buff we will think twice about beating him it wont happen that's why haha

7 hours ago, Fridaythe131 said:

I disagree, he's not as weak as your making him out to be. You may want to study those two players up above, they are actually feared or command immense respect as Jason players and there are many more where they came from. You may want to study Jason's gameplay more. Like i say off host (client) he is weak, the block is delayed. The higher the ping, the more delayed the block. If they fix that back to what it was before the engine update and you utilised block, you and @DEVILS_REJECTS7, Jason would be perfectly fine and you'd have fun playing him. One of the foundational aspects of an elite Jason player is his block and again i can't emphasize enough it needs to be fixed for off host i.e client. Just perhaps increase Hp to make killing Jason not that easy and job done. A blocking Jason becomes very very hard to troll and even kill if they know how to play. It's on the player once these changes are implemented and not Jason himself. Jason's new grab didn't help but people have become accustomed to it, myself included. Looks more sharp and real when i look comparing with the old one.

Disagree all you like. The piñata Jason problem... is a problem, whether you agree with it or not. Most of the community agrees with this... the only people that do not, are the people using Jason as a piñata. 
   Each stun (and every animation he has) leads to an indefensible demasking hit... Not only is it frustrating to the Jason player to spend most of the match on his back or in a stun animation... it leads to an extraordinarily easy Jason kill... whether the block is functioning properly or not. It was the same before the grab was slowed. More health for Jason while this exists in the game will only prolong the inevitable, whether the block is fixed or not... Making something take longer to do is not helping Jason nor does it make it any harder to kill him, the clock is not on Jason's side... Even doubling Jason's health only doubles the 2 strike demasking... Oh no! We have to hit him an entire 4 times now to get his mask off! What so ever shall we do?

Those "two players up above" are not going to post videos that make them look like crappy players (and even if they did, they would be few and far between, no one is going to post all of their worst games, they post their best games to feed their ego and make fools think they are better than they actually are) just like pretty much any other youtuber you.. or I... could name. Posting a video, or a hundred videos of Jason doing well proves nothing other than... yes, sometimes he can do alright, depending on who he is playing against and what he does in the match. Each game is different, based on the circumstances created by the players in that specific game... and playing against counselors that do stupid shit is pretty easy, even when Jason had "T-Rex Arms."
   And I don't need to study shit... I already have. I actually do my research, and I have played this game for a long time now, and know it VERY well, thank you.

Everyone knows that the slowed block is a problem, but even before it was slowed.... the piñata Jason problem was still a problem... and so was the indefensible demasking hits I mentioned above. Fixing block would help, a little... but would not solve the issues here. As I said... these issues already existed when the block worked fine for all. You would already know this if you did your research. As far as it working fine for the host, exactly how many games per day as Jason (and as host) do you think the average player gets to play?... If you could do math, you would know that the odds are not good for this to happen, unless everyone else in the lobby has their preferences on counselor... which makes the point of block working work Jason as host almost completely irrelevant. The whole "learn to block" thing was made to look foolish a long time ago now, before the block was slowed... Once again, do your research. 

A smart counselor player is not going to waste a strike on a blocking Jason, they just back away and wait for him to come out of block while he is surrounded, which is pretty easy as Jason is far slower in combat stance than the slowest counselor... Do you have a 360 degree view around Jason? If not... these players will put you down as soon as you come out of block... or, you can just stay in block for the rest of the match while they circle you like vultures, this makes for such an exciting game for all involved.

I do agree with you on one point, I like the new grab better than the old one. But most people here think it is too easy to punish, which it of course, is. Giving counselors a lower chance to stun will also make a missed grab much harder to punish... and more people would have less of a problem with the new grab.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Disagree all you like. The piñata Jason problem... is a problem, whether you agree with it or not. Most of the community agrees with this... the only people that do not, are the people using Jason as a piñata. 
   Each stun (and every animation he has) leads to an indefensible demasking hit... Not only is it frustrating to the Jason player to spend most of the match on his back or in a stun animation... it leads to an extraordinarily easy Jason kill... whether the block is functioning properly or not. It was the same before the grab was slowed. More health for Jason while this exists in the game will only prolong the inevitable, whether the block is fixed or not... Making something take longer to do is not helping Jason nor does it make it any harder to kill him, the clock is not on Jason's side... Even doubling Jason's health only doubles the 2 strike demasking... Oh no! We have to hit him an entire 4 times now to get his mask off! What so ever shall we do?

Those "two players up above" are not going to post videos that make them look like crappy players (and even if they did, they would be few and far between, no one is going to post all of their worst games, they post their best games to feed their ego and make fools think they are better than they actually are) just like pretty much any other youtuber you.. or I... could name. Posting a video, or a hundred videos of Jason doing well proves nothing other than... yes, sometimes he can do alright, depending on who he is playing against and what he does in the match. Each game is different, based on the circumstances created by the players in that specific game... and playing against counselors that do stupid shit is pretty easy, even when Jason had "T-Rex Arms."
   And I don't need to study shit... I already have. I actually do my research, and I have played this game for a long time now, and know it VERY well, thank you.

Everyone knows that the slowed block is a problem, but even before it was slowed.... the piñata Jason problem was still a problem... and so was the indefensible demasking hits I mentioned above. Fixing block would help, a little... but would not solve the issues here. As I said... these issues already existed when the block worked fine for all. You would already know this if you did your research. As far as it working fine for the host, exactly how many games per day as Jason (and as host) do you think the average player gets to play?... If you could do math, you would know that the odds are not good for this to happen, unless everyone else in the lobby has their preferences on counselor... which makes the point of block working work Jason as host almost completely irrelevant. The whole "learn to block" thing was made to look foolish a long time ago now, before the block was slowed... Once again, do your research. 

A smart counselor player is not going to waste a strike on a blocking Jason, they just back away and wait for him to come out of block while he is surrounded, which is pretty easy as Jason is far slower in combat stance than the slowest counselor... Do you have a 360 degree view around Jason? If not... these players will put you down as soon as you come out of block... or, you can just stay in block for the rest of the match while they circle you like vultures, this makes for such an exciting game for all involved.

I do agree with you on one point, I like the new grab better than the old one. But most people here think it is too easy to punish, which it of course, is. Giving counselors a lower chance to stun will also make a missed grab much harder to punish... and more people would have less of a problem with the new grab.

Jason need 10000% more life than he is op again 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Well said sir! 100% agree 

I was starting my own post highlighting the same areas as you just did, but you hit it on the head and even better worded than I would have.

Hat 🎩 tipped off to you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well said sir! 100% agree 

I was starting my own post highlighting the same areas as you just do but you hit it on the head and even better worded than I would have.

Hat 🎩 tipped off to you !

Same here @Ahab, well said.

edit - how am I out of reactions?!? 💜 here it’s even better than a blue boarder one. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Same here @Ahab, well said.

edit - how am I out of reactions?!? 💜 here it’s even better than a blue boarder one. 

And it’s purple..... lol

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Very well put this monster needs to be faster and giving his Darth Vader grab back...lol

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

As for looking at the fear mechanics, I’ll spend some time thinking about it but no promises anything will come of it.

I wanted to come back to this but lost track of it for a few days, I have been thinking about it but as the fear system is so poorly understood by us, I’ve been running into road blocks. It isn’t easy to figure out how to improve a system you don’t understand, this is one topic I think would be good for our Community Lead to cover in a campfire chat, without that we can just take stabs in the dark.

@mattshotcha, could we maybe get a breakdown of the fear system? I’d really like to have something from the Pubs/Devs to work from, I think there’s the possibility of improving it just like the Perk system. Thanks man

Edit - Things I’d like to know...

How many stages of fear are there?

The effect of Composure on the gaining and removal of fear?

Does any other stat effect the fear system?

A list of effects that happen during fear, ie. dark screen, loss of mini map, stumble effect, screams, is there anything else?

To the thread in general, anything else we need to know, or that I forgot? 

• Thanks 1

We should get space for 41 perks they should change this in the next update 

3 Luck is broken to in privat match i get 3 hits with axe and wrench but in public only 2 why ? It should be 3 hits 

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wanted to come back to this but lost track of it for a few days, I have been thinking about it but as the fear system is so poorly understood by us, I’ve been running into road blocks. It isn’t easy to figure out how to improve a system you don’t understand, this is one topic I think would be good for our Community Lead to cover in a campfire chat, without that we can just take stabs in the dark.

@mattshotcha, could we maybe get a breakdown of the fear system? I’d really like to have something from the Pubs/Devs to work from, I think there’s the possibility of improving it just like the Perk system. Thanks man

Edit - Things I’d like to know...

How many stages of fear are there?

The effect of Composure on the gaining and removal of fear?

Does any other stat effect the fear system?

A list of effects that happen during fear, ie. dark screen, loss of mini map, stumble effect, screams, is there anything else?

To the thread in general, anything else we need to know, or that I forgot? 

Let me see what I can get you on that topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Jason need 10000% more life than he is op again 

That would be a little much... and it does not solve the piñata problem. Yet it may even make it utterly impossible to kill Jason in the given time limit... Making it impossible to kill Jason is not the goal here... hard to kill him would be good though.
   Also... room for more perks has been suggested by myself and a few others in the thread about reworking the perks. I hope they give this suggestion consideration as well.

I am not sure about luck being broken as you say, but @Somethin Cool has done quite a bit of testing of certain aspects of the game and found a few flaws in how certain perks function... I do not know if he has looked at this though... perhaps he can answer that for us.

20 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

And it’s purple..... lol

Purple is the color of royalty... and it is also the Joker's favorite color. This could be a coincidence... but then again... who exactly is the Joker, he could actually be royalty... But he is probably just some kind of "clown."

@Fair Play That reminds me... I forgot to say Happy New Year to you and everyone else here... So, I will say it now... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

19 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

Very well put this monster needs to be faster and giving his Darth Vader grab back...lol

There were so many complaints about the Darth Vader grab in the past, I don't think its return would be welcomed by very many players. The current grab is also disliked by many due to how easy it is to punish a missed grab, but I like it... Not every grab should necessarily "hit"  and the new grab looks much better and more realistic than the grab has in the past. I don't think changing the grab at this point is a good idea, but making it less punishable by reducing stun chance would be nice.

@Slasher_Clone Knowing more about the fear system could be very helpful... but I hope anything @mattshotcha tells us is not easily exploitable by trolls... You know how I feel about trolls... they are disgusting creatures. I am not sure how aspects of the fear system could be exploited, but I am sure the trolls would find a way, with the right information.
    I still think the fear system should be slightly harsher... But, depending on what is done with balance in coming updates, making fear penalties harsher could be bad for balance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am not sure about luck being broken as you say, but @Somethin Cool has done quite a bit of testing of certain aspects of the game and found a few flaws in how certain perks function... I do not know if he has looked at this though... perhaps he can answer that for us.

I don't think luck is broken. On the other hand Jason's hit boxes are about as solid as the walls at Packanack. I can't tell you how many times I've swung through Jason lately. Anyone who wants to test luck can equip sucker punch on Chad, grab a wrench, and watch the magic happen.

The only weapons that are guaranteed to stun every time are the frying pan (not the pot), the flare gun, and the shotgun. I think the reason some of the weapons don't stun every time like you'd think they would (baseball bat with epic/legendary sucker punch) is because you're hitting the limit on maximum stun chance for that weapon. But if it stuns 9 times out of ten, and you're not trolling Jason, then you shouldn't have too much trouble. But even then if you follow every hit with a dodge then you will reduce the odds of getting counter grabbed/slashed to near zero.

I've been running Chad a lot the past 2 days testing perks and strategies for kiting/fighting Jason and I have to say he hasn't disappointed yet. In the past 14 hours of gameplay I've ran the clock out over a dozen times and been a part of 21 Jason killings, for 16 of those I was Jarvis. After all that I'm not sure if there's a way to make Jason harder to kill or not. I honestly think it'd take more time and effort than they can put into it at this point. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Knowing more about the fear system could be very helpful... but I hope anything @mattshotcha tells us is not easily exploitable by trolls... You know how I feel about trolls... they are disgusting creatures. I am not sure how aspects of the fear system could be exploited, but I am sure the trolls would find a way, with the right information.
    I still think the fear system should be slightly harsher... But, depending on what is done with balance in coming updates, making fear penalties harsher could be bad for balance.

I do know how you feel but this system definitely needs a bit of a rework. I’m not saying it’s impossible for trolls to mess with it, they probably could but it’s worth a shot. Just go hit max fear with a high composure Counselor then see how long it takes to cool down, then compare the cool down on a low composure Counselor. 

If we do get something back from Matt I look forward to reading your lonnng post about it, 😉. It will be little tweaks that will make it better in the long run. Things like considering how stealth is effected by fear could end up bringing much needed buffs for stealth Counselors. I think upcoming updates will make a difference but little things like looking at the fear system could make it fun, on the forums if not in lobby’s. As a side note, I think tweaking fear could potentially impove the offline bots, so it might have bleed over benefits into other areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Purple is the color of royalty... and it is also the Joker's favorite color. This could be a coincidence... but then again... who exactly is the Joker, he could actually be royalty... But he is probably just some kind of "clown."

@Fair Play That reminds me... I forgot to say Happy New Year to you and everyone else here... So, I will say it now... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

Happy New Year to you as well. May 2019 be an epic year for the honorable counselors among us in Camp Crystal Lake.

Joker is referred to as the Clown Prince of Crime. The color choice definitely fits.

I'm looking forward to the info on Fear mechanics from our Community Lead as well.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I do know how you feel but this system definitely needs a bit of a rework. I’m not saying it’s impossible for trolls to mess with it, they probably could but it’s worth a shot. Just go hit max fear with a high composure Counselor then see how long it takes to cool down, then compare the cool down on a low composure Counselor. 

If we do get something back from Matt I look forward to reading your lonnng post about it, 😉. It will be little tweaks that will make it better in the long run. Things like considering how stealth is effected by fear could end up bringing much needed buffs for stealth Counselors. I think upcoming updates will make a difference but little things like looking at the fear system could make it fun, on the forums if not in lobby’s. As a side note, I think tweaking fear could potentially impove the offline bots, so it might have bleed over benefits into other areas.

I think a no fear build is over rated at this point. A little damage from Jason and you're in the dark regardless of perks. So far the best 3 perks I've used have been medic thick skin and sucker punch. Trading any of those 3 out would limit your options for survival/escape.