1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Dude, your responses are all over the place. You just explained why a game like Friday cannot balance around competition but you act like it just is. It isn’t and won’t ever be balanced around competition, not going to argue about it, so that’s all from me, for now.

Hope you had a happy holidays, 😉 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

no veteran have to deal with the fact that QP is for casuals and PM’s are for competition what do you mean? What’s that point.

Wow I waste so much time responding to you to explain my whole post everytime. 

here we go.

I’m not all over the place and i did not state Friday cannot balance around competitive play, that’s the opposite of what I just said..... how do you come up with these assumptions when reading my posts, is it to make me respond. Would you like to point out bits that seem that way? Can anyone reading point out bits that seem that way? Maybe I should just baselessly say that to all your posts to give people the wrong idea about what your saying. I remember you did that over a month ago in the now censored topic and you couldn’t explain yourself. It would help my memory for reference if the topic still existed....

by buffing Jason there literally making it more balanced around competition, what are you talking about. Will counselors still be broken and unchallenged with zero competition after the balance update? Are you a psychic. I thought the idea was to have equality and that will create true competition for both sides. Whether that’s their intention or not. 

So how is competitive play balance different from normal play, I don’t understand. Killing Jason and teaming is a part of normal play now and by Jason being competitive trying to get around it we have come to the conclusion that it’s unfair. We would not have come to that conclusion without competitive counselors and competitive Jason’s giving it their all, or maybe we could have since it’s so broken. We have exhausted all possible work arounds from competitive Jason players knowledge. Most complaints are equal and that’s the main reason why they matter, it’s the majority of the same that matter like everyone here saying a gang bang is unfair, I think that’s pretty equal among literally everyone. All balance problems are found by people playing competitively in most cases.

i know tryhard can be a insult and casual, but sometimes there not delivered that way and you misinterpreted my statement, I did not state that they were out right not insults. there just not to me. Even when it’s delivered bad to me I just agree because that’s the case anyway.

again with balance. If there’s 1 gamemode there should be 1 set of balance. If there’s a second ranked gamemode I agree there should be a competitive balance there, but it’s just not possible with small community games with the mode always being dead, if survivors have a advantage in the normal gamemode, they will just play that and bully killers, that makes it stale and takes all the respect away from the devs. The main gamemode has to be balanced and made competitive since that’s what most of the communities are anyway and that’s what usually keeps the game alive. I have seen it time and time again on dbd evolve l4d f13 and wn2 casuals shouldn’t be prioritised and should just play private with a friendly group or adapt and get better, it only takes me a week to be a decent annoying player with a good teacher that skyrockets the time of learning more. People don’t stay casual and noobs don’t stay noobs always.

Can you remind me what their intentions were? I thought they wanted Jason to win, but through some counselor sacrifices while trying to escape. That to me still seems balanced because your killing half the lobby or more  at least and giving it your all and it’s a win win and to do this it requires some competition on Jason’s part, also that makes what I said in line of what they wanted. but that obviously didn’t turn out. And at this point it’s what blacktower intentions are, not the old devs.

I'm hoping everyone here had a pleasant holiday season.

6 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Noobs don’t really make it go around, the veteran players mostly are now and why shouldn’t it be about competition? Not having competition means one side will always be broken and uncompetitive and your goal of this very topic is to make Jason competitive as well isn’t it? By making him stronger that is the result, we’re not aiming to make him overpowered here. People will always be competitive, it’s just how people are and how any Community is when left with vererans that know what to do and test their skills, otherwise it would be boring for some. So I think these games should be competitive.

The point of the OP's topic was not so much about making Jason competitive, but more so making Jason stronger. One does not equal the other.

6 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Noobs don’t really make it go around, the veteran players mostly are now and why shouldn’t it be about competition? Not having competition means one side will always be broken and uncompetitive and your goal of this very topic is to make Jason competitive as well isn’t it? By making him stronger that is the result, we’re not aiming to make him overpowered here. People will always be competitive, it’s just how people are and how any Community is when left with vererans that know what to do and test their skills, otherwise it would be boring for some. So I think these games should be competitive.

Newcomers in a sense do make the game go around. If you don't have new players coming in from time to time to make the company money, then they can close up shop and move on to something that will make them money.

6 hours ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

I understand your point but as it stands the new player that comes in and many has already left the game because of Jason being so weak lol and another veteran is leaving the game come January 1st they need to make this happen fast every 6 months for a update or patch just ain't cutting it atleast they should be a bit more active with the community I'm always in public lobbys in private lobbys and the even in my messages people ask why do I even play this game is really fun I reply but Jason is weak it's not the players it's the killer we know and love needs to be overpowering I would live to see a level 30 just mop a lobby and I'm not talking about someone who just made a new account lol

People come and go in games. That's a part of life that won't change.

New games come out. Some people will leave to play them.

Games get stale after a while. Some people will find other games to play.

Game servers shut down. People may be forced to leave if there is no contingency.

Some people will play a game for as long as humanly possible.

6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you’re mistaking competition for balance. Have you ever wondered why the expression, try hard, is an insult? 

Most players aren’t looking for serious competition, they’re looking for balanced play, these are two different things and require different setups. Don’t worry though it’s only a matter of time before we get a competitive asymmetrical horror game. Depending on how Last Year decides to do progression and ranking, it might be the game your looking for. It has very chess like elements and will likely have at least two different styles of lobby for competition and for casual play. 

This game should be built around balance, rather than competition. Everyone doesn't play at the same skill level, so the game should be built around a player of average skill, not the veterans or the newbies.

6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s about trophies for the survivors and the killer, not kills, this leads me to believe that it’s going to hammer the leader board angle. Not so different from the shooters. If not that game than another one, this genre isn’t going away anytime soon, if anything it will probably grow to rival those shooters, once someone makes a game that has real depth and the ability to play casual or competitive. Oh and the ability to build your own damn characters (not angry just annoyed that no one has done this yet, 😒 .)

As a side note, I would have liked the ability to go into first person view in Friday. Both as Jason and the Counselors. Hell, it would have extended the replay value and been and interesting way to explore camp. 

Create a character in any slasher based game would be nice. It adds to the immersion in my opinion.

5 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Competition creates balance though, because that highlights who has the upper hand and makes people complain. Being a try hard isn’t a insult to me when that’s what I like to do, like someone who’s called a casual shouldn’t take offence if they like to play that way.

most players might not want competition, but it’s needed because it’s balanced, like counselors bullying Jason, by buffing Jason that creates competition for those groups and doesn’t cater towards noobs. If people want to play casually after Jason’s buffed I’m afraid that’s up to the person playing Jason or the groups playing publicly with veterans. Creating a separate game mode for rank play splits the community too much with small communities and leaves rank play dead in most cases so pros bully people in quick play anyway.

EDIT and it’s not a chess match and the killer is already being bullied and tested by a certain someone you hate. I will also do my own testing when getting a pc transitioning from console, I’m gonna be so shit, but I can still try and analyse slowly.

Balance in this game appears to be a matter of one's perspective. There will never be perfect balance, but rather ideal balance. Perfect balance is impossible, as someone will always think outside the box. Ideal balance will keep the majority happy, and that's needed right now.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

From what I have seen Last year doesn’t look like total garbage.... first person view games are immersive and the way last years mechanics work seem to be quite engaging I will refrain from total judgement till I have played it .......time will tell.

Last Year is a pretty decent game. I haven't played it much, but I enjoy it so far. I love the first person element of it.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Bonus - Reading Assignment, The Art of War

The Art of War is one of the best pieces of literature I've had the pleasure of reading.

4 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

So how is competitive play balance different from normal play, I don’t understand. Killing Jason and teaming is a part of normal play now and by Jason being competitive trying to get around it we have come to the conclusion that it’s unfair. We would not have come to that conclusion without competitive counselors and competitive Jason’s giving it their all, or maybe we could have since it’s so broken. We have exhausted all possible work arounds from competitive Jason players knowledge. Most complaints are equal and that’s the main reason why they matter, it’s the majority of the same that matter like everyone here saying a gang bang is unfair, I think that’s pretty equal among literally everyone. All balance problems are found by people playing competitively in most cases.
again with balance. If there’s 1 gamemode there should be 1 set of balance. If there’s a second ranked gamemode I agree there should be a competitive balance there, but it’s just not possible with small community games with the mode always being dead, if survivors have a advantage in the normal gamemode, they will just play that and bully killers, that makes it stale and takes all the respect away from the devs. The main gamemode has to be balanced and made competitive since that’s what most of the communities are anyway and that’s what usually keeps the game alive. I have seen it time and time again on dbd evolve l4d f13 and wn2 casuals shouldn’t be prioritised and should just play private with a friendly group or adapt and get better, it only takes me a week to be a decent annoying player with a good teacher that skyrockets the time of learning more. People don’t stay casual and noobs don’t stay noobs always.

Can you remind me what their intentions were? I thought they wanted Jason to win, but through some counselor sacrifices while trying to escape. That to me still seems balanced because your killing half the lobby or more  at least and giving it your all and it’s a win win and to do this it requires some competition on Jason’s part, also that makes what I said in line of what they wanted. but that obviously didn’t turn out. And at this point it’s what blacktower intentions are, not the old devs.

bal·ance

NOUN

a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.

VERB

offset or compare the value of (one thing) with another.

com·pet·i·tive

ADJECTIVE

having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others.

Balance and competition do not have to be connected to one another. To achieve balance, there are a lot of factors that need to be considered. These can include skill, luck, teamwork, and strategy. One can be competitive in a balance or an unbalanced situation.

Let's look at this from a win/loss perspective. If a Jason kills the entire lobby, he wins. If all the counselors escape / survive / kill Jason, they win. Anything else is more like a draw. The draw is where the balance should be centered.

Things people compete for in this game can include:

Looting cabins (Most everyone wants that pocketknife  or shotgun to protect themselves, first aid sprays to heal up, or the keys to make the getaway once the car is repaired. Items spawn in certain locations, and many players realize this, and all strive to be the first to get those items.)

Completing objectives (Those EXP and CP still matter to certain people.)

Killing Jason (Many players want to be able to brag about killing Jason x number of times.)

Competitive gaming is a thing. However, not everyone that plays this game is playing it with such a mindset.

As far as the intentions of the developers, I would believe it to be that they wanted the fans to play a game that allows them to immerse themselves into a movie franchise that they know and love. When the balance is resolved, people will be able to properly do just that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

This game should be built around balance, rather than competition. Everyone doesn't play at the same skill level, so the game should be built around a player of average skill, not the veterans or the newbies.

Thank you, that is much clearer than my attempt at explaining it, glad someone gets it.

As for the Art of War it is easily in the top three books of all time. 

@Dynamic skills7, I don’t hate your hero buddy, I just don’t think he lives up to his potential or his potential is actually all imaginary, one of the two. That’s a big difference between us, this isn’t personal for me. 

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

This game should be built around balance, rather than competition. 

Competitive gaming is a thing. However, not everyone that plays this game is playing it with such a mindset.

Well said sir!! 

Very well assessment of balance and competitive game play.

also I have been following Last year for a while glad you are enjoying the gameplay seems very entertaining hope it hits consoles soon.

27 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thank you, that is much clearer than my attempt at explaining it, glad someone gets it.

As for the Art of War it is easily in the top three books of all time.

It is great reading. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well said sir!! 

Very well assessment of balance and competitive game play.

also I have been following Last year for a while glad you are enjoying the gameplay seems very entertaining hope it hits consoles soon.

If it should come out for consoles, I highly recommend it.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:09 PM, KFC Lachappa said:

First fixe all glitch than buff Jason 

Then Jason will never be buffed... Please name a game that is glitch free... and good luck with that.

8 hours ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Jason dont need buff to destroy full group of tryh it would destroy the game . 

Jason only need more health and machete damage need nerfe and after stun he cant take damage if jason grab counselor and you hit the counselor to save him the counselor will take damage than

What has destroyed this game for a great many people I have played with is the fact that even an excellent Jason player can spend more than half the match stunned or on his back... We have lost a lot of players over this that will NEVER come back. We don't need to lose more good people, but the trolls that frustrate other players to the point they will never play again... those we can do without. If someone considers frustrating people, or pissing people off "fun" then, by definition, that would make them an asshole.... and I cannot name a place where "assholes" are welcome... and it isn't because they smell funny.
   More health for Jason is irrelevant as long as counselors can freely demask him after every animation he has... a couple extra hits needed to demask him is not going to make any difference what so ever. It will just prolong the inevitable.
   The only things that will help is every counselor having to wonder if their weapon strike will stun him or not... even when there are multiple counselors... and some damage immunity after each and every animation. What it comes down to is simply this.... should counselors be running from Jason, or should Jason be running from counselors?... and a Voorhees never runs away from a fight. 

@Slasher_Clone The Art of War is indeed a very informative book, and still relevant more than 2000 years after it was written.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Then Jason will never be buffed... Please name a game that is glitch free... and good luck with that.

What has destroyed this game for a great many people I have played with is the fact that even an excellent Jason player can spend more than half the match stunned or on his back... We have lost a lot of players over this that will NEVER come back. We don't need to lose more good people, but the trolls that frustrate other players to the point they will never play again... those we can do without. If someone considers frustrating people, or pissing people off "fun" then, by definition, that would make them an asshole.... and I cannot name a place where "assholes" are welcome... and it isn't because they smell funny.
   More health for Jason is irrelevant as long as counselors can freely demask him after every animation he has... a couple extra hits needed to demask him is not going to make any difference what so ever. It will just prolong the inevitable.
   The only things that will help is every counselor having to wonder if their weapon strike will stun him or not... even when there are multiple counselors... and some damage immunity after each and every animation. What it comes down to is simply this.... should counselors be running from Jason, or should Jason be running from counselors?... and a Voorhees never runs away from a fight. 

@Slasher_Clone The Art of War is indeed a very informative book, and still relevant more than 2000 years after it was written.

Exactly but name one movie Jason was on his back and getting gangbanged by counselors....ok.  I'll wait haha

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm hoping everyone here had a pleasant holiday season.

The point of the OP's topic was not so much about making Jason competitive, but more so making Jason stronger. One does not equal the other. to me a stronger Jason is what creates competition. How wouldn’t it?

Newcomers in a sense do make the game go around. If you don't have new players coming in from time to time to make the company money, then they can close up shop and move on to something that will make them money. veterans make the game last and make it playable, the community that stays makes it last. Not a noob that stays for a week and then refunds the game from having no one on it or spreading bad reviews so others don’t want to buy it. Sure the company cashes in on just new people, but the already built community helps with that, by keeping the game alive and doing the marketing for them. If we didn’t have any old players there would be a lot less new noobs and no community I think. Us longer time members are even helping with the next update now in this topic, so we are making it go around a lot. I didn’t say noobs flat out don’t help at all.

People come and go in games. That's a part of life that won't change. that’s true 

New games come out. Some people will leave to play them. true

Games get stale after a while. Some people will find other games to play. true but if it’s good they come back and play.

Game servers shut down. People may be forced to leave if there is no contingency. I hope at that point we get just p2p back

Some people will play a game for as long as humanly possible. yep lol

This game should be built around balance, rather than competition. Everyone doesn't play at the same skill level, so the game should be built around a player of average skill, not the veterans or the newbies. if it’s built around average skill that’s not balanced though, that means it’s broken when in a match of higher skill people and near any games lifecycle most of the tryhards are left in my experience and it’s a lot more pleasant if it’s just truly balanced. Has any game at all tried this strategy without being survivor crybabies. People should at least in this day and age try a game that actually has a good killer for once, that can compete and see how it turns out for sales.

Create a character in any slasher based game would be nice. It adds to the immersion in my opinion. lol this was done in some fighting game and it really didn’t go well with uncensored dongs on a lizard etc

Balance in this game appears to be a matter of one's perspective. There will never be perfect balance, but rather ideal balance. Perfect balance is impossible, as someone will always think outside the box. Ideal balance will keep the majority happy, and that's needed right now. when someone thinks outside the box from being competitive, the devs can find away to balance around that. Perfect balance could maybe be possible, has anyone really tried? 

Last Year is a pretty decent game. I haven't played it much, but I enjoy it so far. I love the first person element of it. 

The Art of War is one of the best pieces of literature I've had the pleasure of reading.

bal·ance

NOUN

a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.

VERB

offset or compare the value of (one thing) with another.

com·pet·i·tive

ADJECTIVE

having or displaying a strong desire to be more successful than others. I was mainly referring to competition with my points and the definition of that fits more. I should have used the other word more and this is a edit which is why it’s  still used down below and I’m too lazy at this point after a hr or so of replying.

Balance and competition do not have to be connected to one another. To achieve balance, there are a lot of factors that need to be considered. These can include skill, luck, teamwork, and strategy. One can be competitive in a balance or an unbalanced situation. I know it’s not competition that creates balance alone but it’s a key part of it, as is luck, teamwork, and strategy. Teamwork and strategy only take balance into question when their overpowered or underpowered though and that’s tested through the result of competition :/ you can’t really be competitive in a unbalanced situation because you can’t compete with the opposite side. people can still try and claim it’s competition, but if you can’t be better, or on the other sides level, that’s not competition to me personally and not in the definition of it either.

Let's look at this from a win/loss perspective. If a Jason kills the entire lobby, he wins. If all the counselors escape / survive / kill Jason, they win. Anything else is more like a draw. The draw is where the balance should be centered. since a good Jason can usually kill a few or less people it’s impossible for a complete escape and since good counselors horde together like zombies with weapons Jason can’t kill everyone. I highly agree it would be most balanced if both sides giving it their all, can come to some kind of a draw in a more high skilled game, that’s what the original devs wanted.

Things people compete for in this game can include: 

Looting cabins (Most everyone wants that pocketknife  or shotgun to protect themselves, first aid sprays to heal up, or the keys to make the getaway once the car is repaired. Items spawn in certain locations, and many players realize this, and all strive to be the first to get those items.)

Completing objectives (Those EXP and CP still matter to certain people.)

Killing Jason (Many players want to be able to brag about killing Jason x number of times.) it also gives more xp and is much faster and quite easy and quite fun when unchallenge everytime.

Competitive gaming is a thing. However, not everyone that plays this game is playing it with such a mindset. I know but it’s not the end of the world not catering towards people who don’t.

I see you couldn’t explain yourself again slasher with the first paragraph I had on topic 👍 

Edited by Dynamic skills7

1 hour ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

I see you couldn’t explain yourself again slasher with the first paragraph I had on topic 👍 

Would you mind not dragging your dispute with other members into responses to the posts of others? It's a bit rude.

To touch on a few of your points:

to me a stronger Jason is what creates competition. How wouldn’t it?

It's not about the competition. People who want to compete can do so in Private Matches. Quick Play is for everyone, not just the highly competitive player. Making people feel like they have to compete to enjoy this game is gonna run them off. We want the player base to grow, not shrink. As long as players aren't trolling, teaming, glitching or cheating, let them have their fun, within the rules.

veterans make the game last and make it playable, the community that stays makes it last. Not a noob that stays for a week and then refunds the game from having no one on it or spreading bad reviews so others don’t want to buy it. Sure the company cashes in on just new people, but the already built community helps with that, by keeping the game alive and doing the marketing for them. If we didn’t have any old players there would be a lot less new noobs and no community I think. Us longer time members are even helping with the next update now in this topic, so we are making it go around a lot. I didn’t say noobs flat out don’t help at all.

Everyone who plays this game contributes to the length of its lifespan. This includes the players that try it and don't like it.

if it’s built around average skill that’s not balanced though, that means it’s broken when in a match of higher skill people and near any games lifecycle most of the tryhards are left in my experience and it’s a lot more pleasant if it’s just truly balanced. Has any game at all tried this strategy without being survivor crybabies. People should at least in this day and age try a game that actually has a good killer for once, that can compete and see how it turns out for sales.

A good way to fix the game is to establish a focal point of balance that pleases the majority of the player base. From there, make light tweaks until the balance is ideal.

I was mainly referring to competition with my points and the definition of that fits more. I should have used the other word more and this is a edit which is why it’s  still used down below and I’m too lazy at this point after a hr or so of replying.

So which fits more, your opinion or the textbook definition? Your response is a bit vague.

You can't take the time to edit your response fully, but you can take a shot at @Slasher_Clone?

since a good Jason can usually kill a few or less people it’s impossible for a complete escape and since good counselors horde together like zombies with weapons Jason can’t kill everyone. I highly agree it would be most balanced if both sides giving it their all, can come to some kind of a draw in a more high skilled game, that’s what the original devs wanted.

A team focused on escaping can do that against a good Jason if they choose to. A lot of players focus on fighting and killing Jason instead. That's what inspired this topic in the first place.

it also gives more xp and is much faster and quite easy and quite fun when unchallenge everytime.

I don't quite see the fun in killing a Jason that poses no challenge.

Do you enjoy killing Jason easily, or do you want him made to be more challenging? You can't have it both ways.

I know but it’s not the end of the world not catering towards people who don’t.

We shouldn't cater to the competitive or the non-competitive. It should be middle of the road.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

To touch on a few of your points:

It's not about the competition. People who want to compete can do so in Private Matches. Quick Play is for everyone, not just the highly competitive player. Making people feel like they have to compete to enjoy this game is gonna run them off. We want the player base to grow, not shrink. As long as players aren't trolling, teaming, glitching or cheating, let them have their fun, within the rules. well why are they buffing Jason in the first place if competition doesn’t matter... if they do the buffing right they will just make it more of a competition like I have been saying. And it’s not fun for a a lot, a unbalanced 1 sided experience even new players would hate.

Everyone who plays this game contributes to the length of its lifespan. This includes the players that try it and don't like it. thats true but my point was newer people have a smaller part of that.

A good way to fix the game is to establish a focal point of balance that pleases the majority of the player base. From there, make light tweaks until the balance is ideal. your idea of balance seems to be more in favour of casual type people though and that doesn’t result in balance.

So which fits more, your opinion or the textbook definition? Your response is a bit vague. I go with it’s definition and don’t have my own opinion on how it should be defined.

You can't take the time to edit your response fully, but you can take a shot at @Slasher_Clonethe point at the end was already written and simple and I didn’t want to go word searching through 2 massive replies for the word competitive.

A team focused on escaping can do that against a good Jason if they choose to. A lot of players focus on fighting and killing Jason instead. That's what inspired this topic in the first place. a team focused on escaping should have a few casualties at least from splitting up a bit more to look for parts and stuff, also the phone box is the best thing for them to push and Jason can harass that mainly with 4 traps and phone camping. Not all 7 will escape, at the most 6 might possibly.

I don't quite see the fun in killing a Jason that poses no challenge. it’s fun being a tryhard sometimes and ending the game immediately with free xp and cp along with salt and more people to rightfully complain here.

Do you enjoy killing Jason easily, or do you want him made to be more challenging? You can't have it both ways. I want him to be challenging so it’s fair.

We shouldn't cater to the competitive or the non-competitive. It should be middle of the road. it’s just not possible from a balance view point. It’s up to blacktower if they want to not be serious about Jason being challenging for competition which seems like that’s the case anyway if some of these great ideas come in.

30 pages of people complaining how weak Jason is, it is the biggest problem of this game, and the main reason why trolls play it, but still nothing is adressed, the only thing that has happened since release is that Jason has been nerfed again, and again, and again, hey why don’t you guys make an ultra legendary perk system so you can make it even more out of whack..... pathetic.

most of the people who have left this game have gone onto DBD, not because it is a better game(I think f13 is the better game) but it’s because the killer in the game is feared, F13 is completely backwards. 

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

30 pages of people complaining how weak Jason is, it is the biggest problem of this game, and the main reason why trolls play it, but still nothing is adressed, the only thing that has happened since release is that Jason has been nerfed again, and again, and again, hey why don’t you guys make an ultra legendary perk system so you can make it even more out of whack..... pathetic.

most of the people who have left this game have gone onto DBD, not because it is a better game(I think f13 is the better game) but it’s because the killer in the game is feared, F13 is completely backwards. 

It takes time to collect information and find a way to implement changes based on our suggestions.

As for people switching to DbD because the killer is feared, sorry but no. The killer us not feared in DbD. They have an aweful time getting rank one killers do to in balance.

15 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Pls fixe the fucking hitbox i hit Jason 3 times but it dont hit him wtf 

Umm...3 misses out of 40 is not bad hit boxes can stay a little screwed up for the counselors haha

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

As for people switching to DbD because the killer is feared, sorry but no. The killer us not feared in DbD. They have an aweful time getting rank one killers do to in balance.

I was going to make the same comment, but I think the op meant feared as in the survivors have to run and hide more in gameplay, compared to f13 hunting simulator. Getting rank one is easy for both sides especially with legion point milking and doesn’t prove skill. I suppose this is getting off topic.

19 minutes ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

I was going to make the same comment, but I think the op meant feared as in the survivors have to run and hide more in gameplay, compared to f13 hunting simulator. Getting rank one is easy for both sides especially with legion point milking and doesn’t prove skill. I suppose this is getting off topic.

As much as you can kite the killer if you know the maps you still don't fear the killer. Add in the pallets and flashlights and being a killer is rough in DbD. I think were safe about going off topic so long as we aren't on about this two pages later. But you're right back to the topic.

6 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It takes time to collect information and find a way to implement changes based on our suggestions.

I agree with the timing. We can't expect ideal balance to come along overnight. If more people would get that, then there would be less complaining here.

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

As much as you can kite the killer if you know the maps you still don't fear the killer. Add in the pallets and flashlights and being a killer is rough in DbD. I think were safe about going off topic so long as we aren't on about this two pages later. But you're right back to the topic.

I think every asymmetrical game has balance issues at one time or another.

@Dynamic skills7

Not all 7 counselors may escape every time, but there is always a chance they can, even if it's a low chance.

It's entirely up to Black Tower at this point. I trust they are sifting through the ideas posted by everyone here, including your own. I think a lot of people here have posted some interesting suggestions. Some are better than others, but all show that people care about this game. What they come up with will determine the future of the game's balance. We'll all have to wait and see.

11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

agree with the timing. We can't expect ideal balance to come along overnight. If more people would get that, then there would be less complaining here.

How much time...hahaha come on now we all know Jason has been nerfed for how long...5 months after the release of the game...and everyone has been complaining about it...I was just the one who had balls to come here and make a post...by the way have a great and safe new years I'll drink one for you on my stream tonight for you lol 

13 minutes ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

How much time...hahaha come on now we all know Jason has been nerfed for how long...5 months after the release of the game...and everyone has been complaining about it...I was just the one who had balls to come here and make a post...by the way have a great and safe new years I'll drink one for you on my stream tonight for you lol 

Your topic wasn't the first one to point out Jason being weak. It may just be one of the more active topics on the subject. I'd rather Black Tower take their time and get the balance fine tuned. The people will be much happier if this is done.

As for drinking, you can drink for yourself. I will do the same.

• Like 1

Watching these two guys play, down below, doesn't suggest to me Jason is weak at all, mind you they are playing as host and it's a completely different ball game off host vs knowledgable counselors and teams 

But as you can see perfectly fine and competitive. Only issue is off host is where the problems arise. Delayed block, delayed knives etc etc i know all this comes down to having ping so can't really be fixed but the block can (off host that is), as it was once fine and perhaps a raise in HP too for Jason, double would be adequate.

Should sift through their YouTubes, they make playing Jason look easy. 

On 12/31/2018 at 1:20 AM, Ahab said:

I disagree, he's not as weak as your making him out to be. You may want to study those two players up above, they are actually feared or command immense respect as Jason players and there are many more where they came from. You may want to study Jason's gameplay more. Like i say off host (client) he is weak, the block is delayed. The higher the ping, the more delayed the block. If they fix that back to what it was before the engine update and you utilised block, you and @DEVILS_REJECTS7, Jason would be perfectly fine and you'd have fun playing him. One of the foundational aspects of an elite Jason player is his block and again i can't emphasize enough it needs to be fixed for off host i.e client. Just perhaps increase Hp to make killing Jason not that easy and job done. A blocking Jason becomes very very hard to troll and even kill if they know how to play. It's on the player once these changes are implemented and not Jason himself. Jason's new grab didn't help but people have become accustomed to it, myself included. Looks more sharp and real when i look comparing with the old one.

2 hours ago, Fridaythe131 said:

Watching these two guys play, down below, doesn't suggest to me Jason is weak at all, mind you they are playing as host and it's a completely different ball game off host vs knowledgable counselors and teams 

But as you can see perfectly fine and competitive. Only issue is off host is where the problems arise. Delayed block, delayed knives etc etc i know all this comes down to having ping so can't really be fixed but the block can (off host that is), as it was once fine and perhaps a raise in HP too for Jason, double would be adequate.

Are you serious let’s go through all the counselor mistakes in the first video and I’ll edit the second video later with more time. And Jason is no different in the way I play mostly. There’s is 2 differences I break doors differently looking left to stop my weapon from getting stuck and I don’t know how to have extended shift with the animation cancel.

1 a idiot jumps through the window not having it open and gets crippled. 

2 another window jump fail from pushing their luck searching a drawer wasting time.

3 one was way away from the hurd at 6 mins and should not have died and pushed their luck fighting him. 

4 what is everyone’s goal. It’s quite stupid people arnt just focusing killing him or calling the police. There’s for some reason people going for the 2 seater car activating the traps. If all 7 just stayed around him, surely he can be bullied.

5 why are people getting baited into hitting Jason? Why hit when there’s the possibility he can just turn away shift or high chance of 0 ping block. People should only hit after Jason is forced to swing. Everytime he swings he’s vulnable for a couple seconds enough for a counterattack, even if someone has to take a hit for the counter to be made. And do they even use swift attacker lmao 

6 the car at 815 could have had a sense for his spawn point there in morph and if he wasn’t driving that fast he could have stopped in time and reversed.

7 11:20 he swings the other way and wastes his pocket knife and should have had stamina to make that not happen.

8 11:45 he slowly crawls out the window costing a life. And should have jumped as the door broke or not have been there in the first place.

9 everyone has shit ping.... from either a bad Jason host or just personal slow counselor internet for everyone.

lets consider all this didn’t happen. Would the victory have still been flawless. I do admit counselors could still have the upper hand with beating Jason if Jason is host and this good, but the level of play and teamwork from counselors would have to be immense and it’s already quite hard for those people. I want competition for balance as I have stated before, but I wouldn’t mind it being left the way it is because of how difficult it is currently for even masters it appears. I want block fixed and grabbing after block with ping, if that’s not possible then all these other buffs people are giving ideas for will be needed in replace. Since grabbing is near useless I think that would need a buff somehow too.

part 2 about the other video later maybe, i dont know if there’s more of a point. I don’t think they could play perfectly either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fridaythe131 said:

Wow to play with host Jason vs noobs is so hard really

1 minute ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Wow to play with host Jason vs noobs is so hard really

I dont know why I’m quoted.