I’d like to see Stalk active from earlier in the game, maybe even the start. It wouldn’t change the balance around fighting Jason but maybe it would slow down the early game just enough to give Jason an advantage over the whole match. If it gives him time to lay traps at objectives because people aren’t just running cabin to cabin so much the better. I’m sure a lot more doors would get locked early too. 

Rough circles could be added to Jason’s Morph map to help new players navigate the different maps. It would help them know roughly were is safe to run to in the event that Jason is being over powered by a group and allow them to control objectives a little easier. The circles can be fairly large they don’t have to show the Morph point itself just how big an area is likely to pull you to a specific point. I would make an exception for the shack Morph point, it should be a smaller circle so as to stand out from the rest. 

May I also suggest that the power box for Tommy’s radio start in the broken state and require it be repaired before a Counselor can call Tommy in. This seems like something Jason should be doing before the match begins, like taking out the fuse, battery’s and lets not forget siphoning the gas from the tanks but leaving it elsewhere on the map rather than dousing the back seats and setting the cars on fire. Sorry I got off topic there, maybe he did dump the gas and just forgot about the two gas cans that are lying around, damn I’m doing it again. Like I said, he should probably start breaking that power box pre-match, it would make sense.

How’s that for a subtle set of Jason buffs?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

How’s that for a subtle set of Jason buffs?

All thoses ideas are good, but doesn't really solve the real issue.

This what really needs imo. (And i've said it before)

Jason melee slashes should disarm counselors.

Block needs to actually be fixed.. And block from angles

Counselors should not be able to hold duplicate items

@mattshotcha Really good ideas here. Many good tweaks mentioned, throughout this thread...from forum members. I hope that you guys, are keeping an eye on this and will maybe implement them, within these future patches. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Jason melee slashes that make you drop your weapon would be an extra interesting addition, I think I’d like it to be a chance rather than every time but it’s a good idea either way.

Block does need to be fixed, or changed but that’s been said so moving on...

Not being able to hold duplicate items is silly, and wouldn’t do anything but make people pissed off. 

I think a lot of little adjustments will go further than something big all at once.. It gives them time to roll out things and see when the right balance has been re-established. You’re right though, it will take more than what I suggested but hopefully we can keep the ball rolling or inspire someone else to have a genius idea. 

Thanks

40 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Not being able to hold duplicate items is silly, and wouldn’t do anything but make people pissed off. 

Pissed off because they can't hold 6 max med sprays or multiple pocket knives isn't really a bad thing.  

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Pissed off because they can't hold 6 max med sprays or multiple pocket knives isn't really a bad thing.  

This might matter if everyone runs thick skin medic and hypochondriac and if there were more than 3 pocket knives on the map...

I am still preparing a major post on combat and all the alternations that can be made to improve Jason gameplay in general. Most of them simply based on changing code values with no extra content / animations required.

I am seeing a lot of ideas here in the meantime however and some of them are really going the wrong direction IMO. The same direction that Gun went in the past and was nothing but detrimental to game. So I will say this for now -

Add, don’t subtract. Trying to make Jason stronger by subtracting from the counselor experience is 100% not the way to go. It will simply make counselor play less enjoyable and more cumbersome. Counselors can not only be left as is, but even have some old things return that were patched out in the past ie. swing cancel. The goal should be deepen the gameplay, not dumb it down. You don’t need to make Jason stronger by creating a more limited counselor experience. The best way is to simply make Jason more enjoyable / powerful instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Add, don’t subtract. Trying to make Jason stronger by subtracting from the counselor experience is 100% not the way to go.

Sometimes less is more.. You can't just brush everything with add don't subtract.

Its all subjective.

48 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

The goal should be deepen the gameplay, not dumb it down. You don’t need to make Jason stronger by creating a more limited counselor experience. 

Counselor should be running or dying while trying to escape.  Not standing and banging, a forcing Jason to fight like this is a boss battle in an action fighting game.

Counselors need to be put in their place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

May I also suggest that the power box for Tommy’s radio start in the broken state and require it be repaired before a Counselor can call Tommy in. This seems like something Jason should be doing before the match begins

This would be a good way to slow down the Tommy call a bit. People will likely adapt quickly to that, but it's a start.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Jason disarming counselors is an interesting idea. I'd tie it to Jason's weapon strength. The plus strength would have a higher chance, while the minus strength would have a lesser chance.

50 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I don't personally believe in the multiple item mindset, but I wouldn't punish counselors with this. If they found the sprays and/or knives first, they've earned them.

35 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I am still preparing a major post on combat and all the alternations that can be made to improve Jason gameplay in general. Most of them simply based on changing code values with no extra content / animations required.

I am seeing a lot of ideas here in the meantime however and some of them are really going the wrong direction IMO. The same direction that Gun went in the past and was nothing but detrimental to game. So I will say this for now -

Add, don’t subtract. Trying to make Jason stronger by subtracting from the counselor experience is 100% not the way to go. It will simply make counselor play less enjoyable and more cumbersome. Counselors can not only be left as is, but even have some old things return that were patched out in the past ie. swing cancel. The goal should be deepen the gameplay, not dumb it down. You don’t need to make Jason stronger by creating a more limited counselor experience. The best way is to simply make Jason more enjoyable / powerful instead.

I'm looking forward to that post.

Jason starting the match in Stalk mode would be cool. He would still have to unlock it but the first morph in on a counselor would be a really good option. It would also make it harder to guess where Jason's shack spawns in on smaller maps. Nearby counselors can often check near the shack area and hear Jason's music before he even morphs away when he collects his throwing knives. It would also allow Jason to pinpoint stealth/repair characters at the start of the round from his shack.

5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:
5 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

-

This has been my point for so long now. The solution to me has always been adding a viable counter. Not removing an option. 

On the note of adding. Perhaps give Jason increased weapon damage and stun resistance for each counselor past one near him. Say within a 20 foot range. 

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm looking forward to that post.

Thanks, I will get to it. Just working on some last few things to put up for F13. I am already onto Last Year now but I do want to share some more stuff before the month is out.  

When Jason block he get 0% damage.

When 2 counselor are really close, Jason can grab both.

Give running jason 11 speed and walking Jason 6 speed.

Remove the Jason kill.

When Jason grab counselor he can immediatly kill the counselor.

Faster coldown for his ability.

Increase the knife damage to 50%.

Give Jason aim assist for his shift and knife.

Give all Jason 7 more traps.

Jason heavy attack will do 50%more damage.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

When Jason block he get 0% damage 

Incorrect. Jason does take damage on block. I have finished the guide on everything related to Jason dmg (this thread motivated it), so that is the next one going up.

FYI it takes 14 blocked hits from Buggzy / 10 Str using heavy hit machete to demask a base Def, and 12 for a -Def.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Yes i know Jason should get 0% damage from block 

Lol oh so you want all that to be made possible for Jason.

14 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Give running jason 11 speed and walking Jason 6 speed

I was going to ask you to share whatever you're smoking. But it makes more sense now...

22 minutes ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Yes i know Jason should get 0% damage from block

Jason should take some damage while blocking. In real life, if someone hit you and you block, you would still feel something from the hit. If you get hit enough times, you'd suffer some damage.

16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I was going to ask you to share whatever you're smoking. But it makes more sense now...

You gonna share with the rest of the class? 😎

Joking aside, I almost misread it too. Your post helped me make sense of it.

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

You gonna share with the rest of the class? 😎

Joking aside, I almost misread it too. Your post helped me make sense of it.

Puff puff pass right? Lol some points definitely get lost in translation. I'm glad he edited twice and replied to Tommys comment. Wasn't sure where he was going with that at first. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Puff puff pass right? Lol some points definitely get lost in translation. I'm glad he edited twice and replied to Tommys comment. Wasn't sure where he was going with that at first. 

Misunderstandings happen here all the time.The important thing is we're on the same page.

12 hours ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Remove the Jason kill.

On a balancing perspective most of those options will break the game and not be fair. I do wish walking Jason’s were faster though or had something more to compensate and no competitive person I know uses them, when people do use a slow Jason they only pick a upgraded shift to waste people’s stamina more and catch them, also the only decent slow one is savini having that weapon damage and shift all while having door breaking too, lucky I have him.  The rest of the listed options are way too broken.

My balance idea is just more speed for slow Jason’s or a swap around with perks or a extra perk or something, with the games current state. if Jason is made more powerful overall, the slow ones might not need to be changed I’m not sure, I think this is more of a topic for after the release of their changes to see where they sit.

13 hours ago, KFC Lachappa said:

Remove the Jason kill.

1. If Jason took zero damage in a group of counselors trying to rag doll him, you just stand there in block until they either all break their weapons or just stop hitting you.  That'll make for some awesome gameplay right there, Jason with 3-4-more counselors standing in a circle around him!

2 and 5 are both grab changes so I'll address together.  Grabbing both would mean new content so that's a no go although it would be interesting to see him knock heads together and splat. However there are some limitations to this idea even if they could do it.  Like how close the counselors would have to be initially to grab both.  Instant kills would negate grip strength or counselors being able to break free, so pointless.  The easiest fix to grab is to bring back meat shielding.

3. Do you want Jason to be able to outrun counselors?  I don't know what making him faster is going to accomplish.  Pointless.

4. What's the point in removing the Jason kill?  It won't stop people from playing pinata party.  Group up 4-5 people and just take free shots at Jason keeping him stun locked and the other people on the map can get the cops called and the group can just slowly walk to the police.  This can already be done now, obviously. 

6. I like the idea of shortening the cooldowns by a few seconds, this is a good one and frankly the only good one on your list. 

7. More knife damage?  By that much?  2 knives and someone is dead with that idea. 

8. Aim assist?  No thanks.  And actually the knives already do have some if you know where to stand in relation to a counselor to quick throw knives and hit. 

9. More traps isn't a bad idea, but 7 more would be excessive.  However if you're in a medic/think skin lobby more traps means nothing.  This is the second best idea but can be completely negated by counselor perks.  I run thick skin and have 4 sprays on me I can tank 6 traps on my own.  Add another player in the lobby who runs the same perks and yeah. 

10. Heavy attack doing 50% more damage, so great we can just combat stance melee someone and then hit them with a knife and they'll be dead.  Just no.