16 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Could you give us just a taste? Ok, what about just a confirmation that the upcoming balancing changes are for both counselors and Jason?

I am very sorry to say, but I can't spoil anything just yet. On the balancing side, we have a lot of feedback that's being incorporated and we're fitting that into the design and creative side of the game. A lot goes into the balancing of a title like this. We have to respect the IP, the existing design, etc. 

But! I would like to know what, in particular you want to see from the counselor side as far as balancing. I hear a lot about Jason being easy to kill. Let's keep this topic rolling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I am very sorry to say, but I can't spoil anything just yet. On the balancing side, we have a lot of feedback that's being incorporated and we're fitting that into the design and creative side of the game. A lot goes into the balancing of a title like this. We have to respect the IP, the existing design, etc. 

But! I would like to know what, in particular you want to see from the counselor side as far as balancing. I hear a lot about Jason being easy to kill. Let's keep this topic rolling.

Hey, thanks for popping up in here :D

I feel counselor are fun enough to play, a would rather not see any or much nerf.  Leave them intact.  Making Jason strong, more fun, to play, as well as more defense against being killed is all the is required.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey gang!

First off, without pointing any fingers, let's try and get the civil back in this discussion. I know there are a lot of heavy, heated opinions currently, but we want to hear them ALL. So let's make sure we keep both sides feeling free to discuss.

That said, balancing is a major part of the update the team is currently working on. We have various fixes and balancing in this next coming update and I think a lot of voices in this thread will be pleased. As stated elsewhere, however, this update does not yet have a date set for it. I'll fill you all in on that as soon as I have something concrete.

Hello howdy and thank you and also I am a twitch streamer and have all the proof you'll need to show hey these players are not messing around Jason needs alot of buffing stop by and check it out DEVILS_REJECTS666 last night was a great one 10 hours yes I love this game and just want to help with whatever I can provide awesome nice meeting you here!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

In all I just know Jason needs to be fixed and feared in the game counselors are just fine perfect killing escape machines they are and what the counselors need is the perfect killing machine Jason to go against lol

7 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Give Jason invulnerability to stuns and DAMAGE when recovering from all stun animations, is a good start. Also, some counselor perks such as thick skin, medic, sucker punch, and a few more could use some tweaks. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Bring back meat shielding aka body blocking.  If Jason goes into a group and grabs someone and has the counselors' back to the group, they can't just swing and hit the counselor and break the grab.  Meat shielding used to be a thing and was patched out for no real reason, it helps deal with groups.   

Speaking of dealing with groups and this is a little unrealistic but would also help, if you're in block as Jason...even if people are behind you hitting you, you still block it.  

These two tweaks would help immensely dealing with the kill squads. 

Counselor side is tough.  You could completely nuke a perk like medic so there is less sprays but I dunno if that is feasible...maybe put a larger punishment into it make damage taken double what the percentages are now?  You can limit how good thick skin or sucker punch is but in a group that doesn't matter much, if at all.  Maybe a simple tweak like making counselors swing weaker and slower if they're Chad face would help as people wouldn't stay in Jason's face all match long.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

But! I would like to know what, in particular you want to see from the counselor side as far as balancing.

Personally I'd like to see stealth mechanics get some love. I prefer the lone wolf approach, never know what you'll be tossed in with in QP. Night Owl should be a lot more effective on the right counselors, especially when paired with other fear resistance or sense avoidance perks - for example. 

The effectiveness of their base stats in that area, especially if high, should make a difference and then really shine when paired with the right perks. 

Nothing sucks more than keeping a good distance from the frey, having not an ounce of fear while you trot along then having Jason drop on your head.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha for Jason I think 25% more hit points would help. Especially for part 9. That poor guy could sneeze and blow his mask off. I think we need meat shielding back. You used to be able to pick a counselor up and use them for a human shield. Also either heavy attack for the counselors needs to go or Jason needs heavy attack. I can't figure out why counselors do more damage in combat stance but Jason doesn't. 

• Like 2

@mattshotcha Hey Matt! Thank you, for all of the responses and clarifications posted today! I think that the counselors are fine. Tweeks with the ‘perk’ system, could change that too. Are the stuns, that happen to Jason...being looked at? He shouldn’t be a piñata. Right now, playing as a counselor, seems to be too relaxing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Speaking of dealing with groups and this is a little unrealistic but would also help, if you're in block as Jason...even if people are behind you hitting you, you still block it.  

Jason CAN block from behind, his entire body is protected in block. Picture it like this; when Jason is blocking there is an invisible shield around Jason and it will block all melee attacks no matter where he is hit, and the only things that can break the shield is unblockable attacks. 

40 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I actually think counselors are fine really. Jason only needs a few tweaks to make him a more threatening force. The following changes would help both keep the bullying at bay, and make Jason harder to kill.

1) Let Jason see which power box is powering the Jarvis radio. This could be accomplished by making that generator red on Jason's map. That shouldn't count as new content and would be a big help.

2) Bring back quick blocking. Pre engine update patch Jason could go into block about the same time as a counselor swing and successfully block an attack. This was invaluable. Adding a blocj function outside of combat stance would also be great.

3) Invincibility frames after a stun. Both from taking damage or being stunned again. I would make shotguns, flare guns, and firecrackers an exception to this.

4) Meat shielding. As has been mentioned it was a grwat tool for landing those grab kills in a crowd and is badly needed.

5) An increase to overall Hp for Jason. Starting with a 50% increase maybe and see how it goes.

6) A suggestion I've seen would be allowing Jason to pickup knives that have missed.  A second idea on that from could be if knives that have been gathered around the map respawn so long after being picked up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I can't figure out why counselors do more damage in combat stance but Jason doesn't. 

Maybe it’s cause Jason uses the same amount of force for both attacks? But, yeah, the heavy attack for counselors should do the same amount of damage as light attacks, and it will just be used for vertical attacks. 

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

5) An increase to overall Hp for Jason. Starting with a 50% increase maybe and see how it goes.

6) A suggestion I've seen would be allowing Jason to pickup knives that have missed.  A second idea on that from could be if knives that have been gathered around the map respawn so long after being picked up.

These two are great suggestions, IMO! Edit: Oops, double post. My apologies. 

7 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Jason CAN block from behind, his entire body is protected in block. Picture it like this; when Jason is blocking there is an invisible shield around Jason and it will block all melee attacks no matter where he is hit, and the only things that can break the shield is unblockable attacks. 

Really?  I could have sworn I've been in block and been hit from behind numerous times.  

52 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The first thing you should take into strong consideration is to remove the RNG determining which cabin spawns as the Tommy house. Make it a fixed spawn like the phone cabin, it can be a different cabin per map variant but should not change outside of that. It does not need to be shown on the map either, as players can simply memorise the location for each variant.

That single change is the most requested among the competitive scene, because if Jason cannot stop the Tommy call then it will be an uphill battle for him vs a kill squad. As any counselor can spawn near the radio and immediately call, Jason must be able to shut down the power box on the first morph. The only way to reliably do that is if the cabin is a fixed spawn instead of randomised.

Not to mention the Jason player should absolutely have the option to decide which objective to protect / prioritise depending on the match. And the Tommy call is an objective just the same as the rest.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Really?  I could have sworn I've been in block and been hit from behind numerous times.  

Yeah. For host I’m 100% sure, client might be different, idk. But @Tommy86, and @GeneiJin, might be able to give you a 100% answer. 

18 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I would like to know what, in particular you want to see from the counselor side as far as balancing. I hear a lot about Jason being easy to kill. Let's keep this topic rolling.

Counselors balancing

The Counselors do need some work but as for balancing it really isn’t about that for them. Let use Wes’s perk topic as an example, the thing that players want out of Counselors is to have a greater selection of perks that are actually useful. Not to have the meta nerfed, but to have it changed by way of larger selection of perks that are also fun to experiment with.

Now if the suggestions were to be incorporated into the game Jason would be at an even larger disadvantage than he is now, so to talk about the Counselors without also addressing Jason just seems like it could lead to a lot of complaints. I get you can’t talk about that right this second but it’s an important consideration. Jason either needs to be less punishable after a swing/grab, or given a larger selection of options when dealing with a crowd. 

If the Counselors are made slower or weaker, it detracts from the game so, I hope that isn’t the direction the devs are going. 

Jason Killing

I’m not sure if you also wanted to continue to talk about this but it has been an issue for awhile and it doesn’t actually have an easy fix. If you want to keep it as an option in QP lobbies than Hunting Parties are going to abuse it, if Jason is buffed enough to deal with the hunters, than the Final Girl and Tommy are probably screwed. If alternatively modes were available as an option then we could fix it easy, but they’re not so here’s my idea...

Every jason you kill in a month (week maybe?) makes it that much harder for you to kill the next one by reducing either your damage or increasing Jason’s health slightly. This starts after you participate directly in a kill animation or after five kills in a lobby you’re in. I guess you could also award tickets but they’d have to be stored on Guns. end to avoid editing. This is an, off the top of my head, idea so it isn’t remotely balanced against actual numbers, which you could actually acquire from say streamers who are known to kill Jason’s, and the backend info on your end Mr. Shotcha.

The tickets could influence lobby selection putting Jason hunting parties together, I would like to be able to select this type of lobby. In the selection screen were you choose Jason or Counselor preference, it could be a Jason option. 

7 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Yeah. For host I’m 100% sure, client might be different, idk. But @Tommy86, and @GeneiJin, might be able to give you a 100% answer. 

Jason can never be hit in block from behind because his block is 360.

If it has happened to anyone it is simply because your block has not come out in time, either due to execution or because of latency. Block has a delay as client due to a change in combat stance entry time post-engine update, but is perfect as host.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I actually think counselors are fine really. Jason only needs a few tweaks to make him a more threatening force. The following changes would help both keep the bullying at bay, and make Jason harder to kill.

1) Let Jason see which power box is powering the Jarvis radio. This could be accomplished by making that generator red on Jason's map. That shouldn't count as new content and would be a big help.

2) Bring back quick blocking. Pre engine update patch Jason could go into block about the same time as a counselor swing and successfully block an attack. This was invaluable. Adding a blocj function outside of combat stance would also be great.

3) Invincibility frames after a stun. Both from taking damage or being stunned again. I would make shotguns, flare guns, and firecrackers an exception to this.

4) Meat shielding. As has been mentioned it was a grwat tool for landing those grab kills in a crowd and is badly needed.

☝️

This is exactly what I was thinking!!

17 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You have....I have we all have

....never been able to block behind me....

You may wanna go take a good look Jason gets hit easy from behind when hes still blocking from behind I do it all all the time hes looking at another locked on then someone is behind hitting him getting full damage done

4 minutes ago, DEVILS_REJECTS7 said:

How long ago was this lol and is this from the PC I play on ps4

A few months back and it is still exactly the same. I am also on PS4. It is extremely easy to test for yourself.

• Haha 1