47 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Do you mean Jason should have a boost on heavy attack too? If so I wouldn't advise going that route, you don't want a +Wpn Str with the ability to cripple you in 1 hit.

Yes i know both Counselors and Jason can use light and heavy attack in combat stance. Although I personally don't  see it as heavy attack for Jason as it doesn't do any more damage. More like horizontal and vertical attack. But if that's what you want to call it. And yes the damage boost is what I was talking about. Either take the damage boost away from Counselors or give Jason the damage boost too. 

Your idea to keep the Tommy cabin random but adding icons for it on the map also equates to the same thing as mine (guaranteed option), except mine is less work.

But mine makes it harder for the counselors so we're not back to a game of race you to the Tommy box. Or anymore than we already are anyway.
I know most people don't play their Counselors as thoughtfully as they play their Jason but I wouldn't imagine it'd take too long for people to memorize a set spawn point for every map. Not that it really matters since someone usually spawns pretty close to it anyway and it wouldn't take a kill squad long to locate it. But why make it easier on the counselor?

It is quite a big topic, and mainly tied to combat which I intend to make a separate post about. Hopefully the new CM is reading all this.

I'm looking forward to this. 

10 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Do you mean give heavy attack a separate button/key outside of combat stance? Light attack/free swing being R2 on ps4, assign heavy to a button like that? You don't really need to, CS can be toggled in and out pretty quickly. And light attack/sidearm swing is lightly tap R2, heavy is a hard press.

No I was talking about giving Jason the damage boost so it's not just horizontal and vertical attack for Jason. When I said clicking in and slashing and clicking out I meant clicking into combat stance to get the boost.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:
22 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

No I was talking about giving Jason the damage boost so it's not just horizontal and vertical attack for Jason. When I said clicking in and slashing and clicking out I meant clicking into combat stance to get the boost. 

Ahhh, ok. I see what you're talking about, that's a good point! If Jason had the same damage increase, one heavy attack from plus weapon strength would be devastating. If anything they should reduce damage for heavy for counselors, to an extra 15% instead of 50%. For both Jason and counselors, that would really hurt the kill squads. At least, all the subpar and mediocre ones.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

And yes the damage boost is what I was talking about. Either take the damage boost away from Counselors or give Jason the damage boost too. 

I personally would pick the former, as in minimising / removing the damage boost for counselor on heavy. As long as it exists, it only takes 1 mistake on Jason’s part to be demasked. Not just on -Def, in fact even a base Def can be one-shotted by Tommy if 15% Slugger + 20% Potent Ranger are equipped. Jason’s slash dmg-wise is fine as I see it, if it were increased then anyone not running an Epic Thick would be significantly disadvantaged. Especially when you consider tactics such as knife slash which are already dangerous as it is (a near instant 60 dmg with +Wpn Str).

32 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

But mine makes it harder for the counselors so we're not back to a game of race you to the Tommy box. Or anymore than we already are anyway.

I have nothing against the icons, would be totally fine with it if they were to go that route. I am just thinking in terms of making the simplest adjustments that wouldn’t require adding anything new to the game. But either option is welcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

.Your idea to keep the Tommy cabin random but adding icons for it on the map also equates to the same thing as mine (guaranteed option). Additional icons however probably constitute "new content" as weird as it sounds and do not provide the full picture anyway, as a player is still required to know which power box is relevant to the cabin (it isn't always the box nearest to it). 

I'm having difficulty understanding your idea here. Both counselors and Jason have access to both light attack and heavy attack in combat stance. The damage boost you are referring to is not due to using combat stance, but due to using heavy attack which is only available in CS. You can still perform light attack in CS however (lightly tap R2 on console) and deal the same damage as you do outside of it. Do you mean Jason should have a boost on heavy attack too? If so I wouldn't advise going that route, you don't want a +Wpn Str with the ability to cripple you in 1 hit.

@CountYorgaVampir Stop man, just stop. You asked me to provide proof for you, I did. It is there for everyone to see in the video and there is no possible way you could've had your Rage fill to that point, at that time in the match, without already having taken enough dmg for a shotgun to finish your mask off. As everyone knows, Rage meter accelerates when taking dmg. If you really insist I can show you an image of what a no damage Rage meter looks like at the same point in time (based on your abilities). Why you are still arguing otherwise is beyond me, but do as you please, I'm not going to participate in derailing the thread with some pointless argument.

I've suggested they simply change the color of the box powering the Jarvis radio to red. That should allow for Jason to have the option to defend without it being new content. 

The idea of increased heavy attack damage from Jason isn't a bad idea. Perhaps a 5-10% buff.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't stunning hits raise the rage meter faster? I seem to recall a baseball bat raises the meter very fast and does very little damage. 

27 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I've suggested they simply change the color of the box powering the Jarvis radio to red. That should allow for Jason to have the option to defend without it being new content. 

The idea of increased heavy attack damage from Jason isn't a bad idea. Perhaps a 5-10% buff.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't stunning hits raise the rage meter faster? I seem to recall a baseball bat raises the meter very fast and does very little damage. 

Changing the colour of the relevant powerbox would be ideal, I agree. It would be the most direct way to show the objective as the box is what needs to be morphed to and protected first. But whether the RNG spawn is simply removed without icons shown, or the Tommy cabin is shown on the map, or the box is red, it would all accomplish the same thing. Any one of those options would do the trick IMO.

In regards to stunning hits building meter, yes they do. Unfortunately he denies even taking a single hit prior to the shotgun, not even a stun. And his claim involves not one but 2 supposed glitches, that being a Rage meter that is somehow half full just shortly after receiving Shift ability and also a Shotgun that is capable of delivering 100 dmg on its own. Not to mention the beginning of the match which would prove otherwise is conveniently missing. So you can see why I do not believe a single word. 

No gang bang would be needed to get the mask to that point either, simply a non-stun hit or 2 from a high Str counselor with a high dmg weapon eg. Machete, Axe.

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I like the new animation because it looks better but it definitely needs some work.

@Tommy86 Im not trying to challenge your  knowledge of this game but I'd like to pick your brain for a second here if that's ok.

I was giving Count the benefit of the doubt but I admit I didn't notice his rage meter.

As for the Tommy box I don't really think a fixed spawn point every match will be a good thing. I can take away any chance Jason has of defending that box short of camping it with one well placed counselor bear trap. I'm sure you know that. As much as it would help Jason defend the box it would also help the kill squad. Or anyone trying to get objectives done for that matter. Also It'd be a great early game distraction to go tank that trap to get Jason's attention off of something like an early phone repair. If they were to make it a random spawn but still show up on Jason's map I think that would be better but even still I think that'd be a better option for private match only. Since that's where most of the hardcore kill squads play anyway. 

Hit points:   I think if they widen the grab cone, speed up block, give Jason a little damage/stun immunity after animations, and give us our beloved meat shielding back, then lower hit points will become less of a problem. But something needs to be done about 1-2 hit demasks regardless because that's just ridiculous. I think they should take counselors doing more damage in combat stance away but an interesting thought I had was to leave heavy attack on Counselors and also give heavy attack to Jason. This way if someone wants to square up with Jason it's at the risk of dying faster. I don't see too many Counselors use heavy attack now although people tend to play Jason and Counselors very differently so it'd probably end up being abused to the point that every Jason would click in, slash, and click out just for the damage boost. 

I've seen you comment on specific things but what are your thoughts balance wise on the bigger picture? 

Yeah it looks better and the music goes well with it, in regards to  your reply to Tommy86, I sometimes put traps at the fuse box, gens etc and it's funny to watch Jason get trapped himself lol in one pub lobby the Jason wasn't that good so we had time, enough to round up about 6 traps and placed in the cabin we were at, was funny he steps out of one to go into another lmao then some noob AJ decides shes gonna run out and dies cause she steps in one 😂

On 12/8/2018 at 2:09 PM, SirMang said:

I welcome any Jason to chase after me wasting his time early in the match. 

Until Jason gets shift he has no ability to kill anyone because he's too slow to keep up with anyone. 

The time you're wasting to break windows on the cabin then getting smacked by a weapon after doing so, then finally getting to the door to break it down, just to come in the cabin and watch me go out the window to the next cabin is an easy 2 minutes where other people have free reign to get other stuff done.  I'll then take Jason to the next cabin and we'll do it all over again.  

After the second cabin of doing this, we're probably 5 minutes into the match and in a lobby with 1-2 other people who actually do objectives, one of the cars is already 

After 2 knives in the back most will be limping, unless they have a good thick skin perk, on ps4 since so many noobs are on most don't have any good perks atm most are running AJ or Deborah so they can't run much more than 20 seconds on sprint so if it is gonna take up to 5 mins to catch them then whoever's playing Jason needs to set to counselor preference only 😂

On 12/8/2018 at 2:09 PM, SirMang said:

I welcome any Jason to chase after me wasting his time early in the match. 

Until Jason gets shift he has no ability to kill anyone because he's too slow to keep up with anyone. 

The time you're wasting to break windows on the cabin then getting smacked by a weapon after doing so, then finally getting to the door to break it down, just to come in the cabin and watch me go out the window to the next cabin is an easy 2 minutes where other people have free reign to get other stuff done.  I'll then take Jason to the next cabin and we'll do it all over again.  

After the second cabin of doing this, we're probably 5 minutes into the match and in a lobby with 1-2 other people who actually do objectives, one of the cars is already started. 

Thought I replied but it just takes around 10 seconds to break a door and Jason can throw knives, unless they are running thick skin most will be limping with 2 in the back, if they are running an AJ or Deborah they can only sprint around 20 seconds or so, if it takes Jason 5 mins to get them on spawn then he doesn't need to set his preference to Jason 😂

22 minutes ago, tobirulezs said:

Yeah it looks better and the music goes well with it, in regards to  your reply to Tommy86, I sometimes put traps at the fuse box, gens etc and it's funny to watch Jason get trapped himself lol in one pub lobby the Jason wasn't that good so we had time, enough to round up about 6 traps and placed in the cabin we were at, was funny he steps out of one to go into another lmao then some noob AJ decides shes gonna run out and dies cause she steps in one 😂

You don't have to set the trap to give all but the most knowledgeable Jason's a headache. But yes trapping Jason at an objective is fun too.

26 minutes ago, tobirulezs said:

After 2 knives in the back most will be limping, unless they have a good thick skin perk, on ps4 since so many noobs are on most don't have any good perks atm most are running AJ or Deborah so they can't run much more than 20 seconds on sprint so if it is gonna take up to 5 mins to catch them then whoever's playing Jason needs to set to counselor preference only 😂

Knives are usually pretty easy to juke. Also I always run thick skin because who doesn't like more hit points? I don't think the noobs would be much of a problem even with legendary thick skin and medic. I wouldn't say Jason has no ability to kill anyone early match but I believe if he doesn't get the kill in a minute or two he should probably focus his attention elsewhere. Tunneling a skilled counselor too long is probably not the best strategy.

2 hours ago, tobirulezs said:

The problem is you're gonna run into people running at minimum thick skin, couple that with someone running medic...

You prep the cabin by breaking windows, I'll stun you at each window after your break window animation.  You finally get to the door, maybe there's a trap on the other side of it that you can't shift past because you don't have shift yet, so you tank it or you just didn't see it.  Say there isn't a trap, so I just take advantage of your door break animation and stun you again.  Now, I'm just standing next to one of the windows waiting for your next move.  You decide to throw knives, I move around and crouch and move and crouch, you eventually throw a knife or two and miss both.  You now decide to move toward me, I wait til the last possible second and go out the window.  You come around the corner to get me, just to watch me crawl back in the window.  

All of that is time consuming.  All of that, as a Jason player, is a situation you should never put yourself in at the beginning of the match.  

Watch me do that to you in another cabin or the other cabin is one of the large cabins and I have multiple doors to slam in your face and get free stuns after before heading out a window and then still question that wasting 5 minutes of your time at the beginning of the match. 

Sure you'll kill a noob early, because they'll either stand still in the cabin dumbfounded at what to do, go hide under a bed or just charge you after you walk through the door but against a seasoned player, you're in for a bad time at the beginning of the match. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Knives are usually pretty easy to juke. Also I always run thick skin because who doesn't like more hit points? I don't think the noobs would be much of a problem even with legendary thick skin and medic. I wouldn't say Jason has no ability to kill anyone early match but I believe if he doesn't get the kill in a minute or two he should probably focus his attention elsewhere. Tunneling a skilled counselor too long is probably not the best strategy.

Unless you've memorized who is what level in the lobby and know exactly who you're going after on your first morph, it's never your best strategy to enter the cabin and try to engage the player, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Changing the colour of the relevant powerbox would be ideal, I agree. It would be the most direct way to show the objective as the box is what needs to be morphed to and protected first. But whether the RNG spawn is simply removed without icons shown, or the Tommy cabin is shown on the map, or the box is red, it would all accomplish the same thing. Any one of those options would do the trick IMO.

In regards to stunning hits building meter, yes they do. Unfortunately he denies even taking a single hit prior to the shotgun, not even a stun. And his claim involves not one but 2 supposed glitches, that being a Rage meter that is somehow half full just shortly after receiving Shift ability and also a Shotgun that is capable of delivering 100 dmg on its own. Not to mention the beginning of the match which would prove otherwise is conveniently missing. So you can see why I do not believe a single word. 

No gang bang would be needed to get the mask to that point either, simply a non-stun hit or 2 from a high Str counselor with a high dmg weapon eg. Machete, Axe.

LOL. As if I give a shit what you think, but for the guy that told me to stop you just can’t let it go, can you? :lol:

That you think that I would make a claim and then conspire to cover it up by deleting the first few minutes intentionally is simply precious. A glitch is a glitch. That the rage meter is that high is irrelevant because that would be assuming that the game is working appropriately (which we all know by now often isn’t). But it is pretty funny how you think you know exactly how some random glitch would behave. Maybe you should take your super genius straight to the devs so that they can finally FIX THE GAME.  :lol:

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

The problem is you're gonna run into people running at minimum thick skin, couple that with someone running medic...

You prep the cabin by breaking windows, I'll stun you at each window after your break window animation.  You finally get to the door, maybe there's a trap on the other side of it that you can't shift past because you don't have shift yet, so you tank it or you just didn't see it.  Say there isn't a trap, so I just take advantage of your door break animation and stun you again.  Now, I'm just standing next to one of the windows waiting for your next move.  You decide to throw knives, I move around and crouch and move and crouch, you eventually throw a knife or two and miss both.  You now decide to move toward me, I wait til the last possible second and go out the window.  You come around the corner to get me, just to watch me crawl back in the window.  

All of that is time consuming.  All of that, as a Jason player, is a situation you should never put yourself in at the beginning of the match.  

Watch me do that to you in another cabin or the other cabin is one of the large cabins and I have multiple doors to slam in your face and get free stuns after before heading out a window and then still question that wasting 5 minutes of your time at the beginning of the match. 

Sure you'll kill a noob early, because they'll either stand still in the cabin dumbfounded at what to do, go hide under a bed or just charge you after you walk through the door but against a seasoned player, you're in for a bad time at the beginning of the match. 

here at 1 min is what happens against a level 150, you're blowing smoke, stop 

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You don't have to set the trap to give all but the most knowledgeable Jason's a headache. But yes trapping Jason at an objective is fun too.

right unless you're dealing with someone who has learned to quick throw, those kinda hard to dodge, all depends on who the Jason is really and what map it is, like pinehole for instance, I have been seeing some cabins not even have a melee weapon lol yesterday circled the entire map, went into every location except the top right island, just found 2 health sprays and a map lmao so there's a lot of variables in there but I do what you mentioned if I see it's taking a bit to catch a counselor just move on to the next

• Like 1

@mattshotcha

Hopefully these balance changes are more than simply tweaking a few values because that's what happened back at the beginning of the year and it hardly felt like any effort was put into it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tobirulezs said:

here at 1 min is what happens against a level 150, you're blowing smoke, stop 

So your example is someone who is obviously a noob, waiting at the door, not in combat stance trying to free swing you?  LMAO

• Haha 1

Another thing that should be considered is changing the amount of rage generated by each hit against Jason, either damage or stun.

I also think that the rate of recharge on each power could be tied to the percentage of rage filled. With a greater amount going to any plus power the Jason has, negative powers should remain the same as its hard enough to move around the map with them.  At twenty five percent it could increase regeneration to plus 5 to 10 percent, and at half it could jump to 20 to 25 percent faster. The trade off would be that when you do get rage it would cap out at whatever it is at now. 

• Like 1

Thats pretty hilarious because I was just in a match with the guy that started this thread and he used a glitch in the game to get onto the roof in Packanack lodge. Glitches can be fun and all, but dude, if you’re gonna complain about the need to make a more powerful Jason, how about playing the game without exploiting?

7C10DD6D-5826-47C2-B6DE-CBB973DCACFF.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zerdono said:

Thats pretty hilarious because I was just in a match with the guy that started this thread and he used a glitch in the game to get onto the roof in Packanack lodge. Glitches can be fun and all, but dude, if you’re gonna complain about the need to make a more powerful Jason, how about playing the game without exploiting?

7C10DD6D-5826-47C2-B6DE-CBB973DCACFF.jpeg

I have a feeling this will be gone in the next patch. Too many people are doing it now...

Hope so man. I get the need to keep it entertaining because the game can be a little androgynous at times, but too many people exploiting stuff like that all the time ruins the whole experience of the game and is just one more reason a lot of people have stopped playing.

• Like 1