Sign in to follow this  
GeneiJin

What would happen if your counselor had to go against your Jason?

Going with the trend of fun topics, what if? 

For me.

If Tommy is call, Jason dies.  If Tommy isn't called, Jason kills most, if not, the entire lobby including myself.  I play Jason in a manner to counter my counselor,  so my counselor may be able to stall my Jason for sometime, but can't for the entire 20mins.  If there is no escape ready, surviving the night depends on what survival items I have w/ how much clock is left.

If my Deborah went against my Roy, it's only a matter of time till that marathon stamina is gone. Or the never saw it coming stalk kill. Can't forget to watch your back either. Never know when a knife will hit ya. Even through all the chaos, and making repairs, i do enjoy a good stroll around crystal lake with Jason. Gotta make the chase fun, but rookie mistakes do happen. Especially when your running blind with no map

Win some, lose some I imagine. But without other counselors on the map I’d win as Jason every single time. I’d hone in and likely kill myself before I could collect anything of value. 

If I'm trying to last the twenty minutes with Vanessa and have a bit of setup time I might manage it. Otherwise my Jason is going to win.

So I normally main AJ with marathon, swift foot, and epic loan wolf so I keep composure and remain a silent ninja.  This pretty much let's me stay off his radar.  Normally, I can avoid detect, fix,  and escape.   Usually, I'm the final girl, and while I can get in a few stuns... but with her luck the weapons are only good for a few stuns and then you just run out of options and die.

This is an interesting conundrum. I think my Jason would have it in the bag, so to speak, if I found my Mitch or Jenny early to half way in Jason would probably win fairly quick, assuming I tunneled myself. If I had ten minutes of prep, I think I might be able to stall myself for about half the remaining time. So if the cops were called at the ten minute mark and my Jason found me at the same time I’d give myself slightly better odds of escaping with either Counselor. Or if another counselor could repair a car, in that five minutes and I could get it started, I’d give myself even odds. I’m a better runner than most, and my Jason skills are what I’d define as adequate at combat, but I’m good at sneaky and I play strategically. So if my Jason ever got control of the chase and managed to herd me into an area he’s already been in, I think I’d kill my Counselor fairly quickly, less than the five minutes I gave myself if I’d prepped. 

I’d have to give it too my Jason, this is of course only if I’m playing in a random lobby with average players. Two to four people might escape my Jason too, if the lobby is focused on objectives and if he spends more than five minutes chasing me so there is that as well. Still Mitch or Jenny would probably die most of the time. It’s weird that my average Jason would kill me as a Counselor, maybe I’m selling the big guy short.

I don’t get to play a lot of Jason’s like me though so that’s probably has something to do with it, the bar for Jason’s is higher in my mind I guess. I know when I rate a Jason as scary, he tends to be efficient, if not strategic. Now I’m going to be studying how Jason’s play all week thanks GenieJin, lol.

I would troll the hell out of me and make me go mad lol

Ok jokes apart, if there is not a collaborative team the only way to survive is to pick Vanessa since Jason would chase smart characters in the first half of the game and prepare a lot of traps, open windows, collecting weapons, sprays etc along the way to survive the last 10 minutes alone. But even doing this it is very very hard. 

If the other counselors will collaborate as a team then I would still pick Vanessa just to bring items to the objectives and in a small maps we would have a chance but everybody should collaborate.

Although both my counselor and Jason like to think outside the box, I'd have to give the advantage to Jason.

As Jason, I do my best to anticipate the mindset of a counselor, and creatively find ways to catch them off guard and pick them off one by one.

As a counselor, I keep quiet and get things done, only stepping in to free an unfortunate victim from Jason's grasp. After that, it's back to the objectives.

If my Deb went up against my part 3 with the spear? Dead... I would block her when she goes for the "I'm low on stamina" hit. Then counter for a heavy hit, then block and Deb would die.

Facing my Jason I would go AJ, and work the fringes to escape. My Jason would hunt me relentlessly as a fixer, so if I went that route I would just hope to stay clear.

As Jason I go for fixers, normally after senses I'm hunting as I'm trapping. If I encounter meta counselors I'll engage them, for up to a minute. Then, i'll move on. Same goes for any counselor with a low repair, yeah plenty of awesome players out there who can perfectly repair with Vanessa. But, I'll take my chances and just check on them from time to time. I see a Lachappa, Deb or AJ they're dead. And that mother fucker Tommy Jarvis too! Lol. I normally put at least one trap on the shack, and if someone goes for it I never morph right in like a dumbass. But, I have been killed. Twice... By very good teams.

So, if I'm lucky and escape with AJ. And then get really lucky, and come back as Tommy. I'm gonna try to kill my Jason.

But, my Jason is much better now. I think in that circumstance I could stop my Tommy. The only time I resort to the "Cosby" is if that Jason was teaming or a special kind of asshole. I think I block pretty well, and the spear counter tears em up with part 3.

So, AJ could escape. Maybe.

Otherwise, my Jason would kill my counselor.

My Tiffany can last vs any Jason for a good amount of time. I just gotta be weary of my surroundings and make sure I keep track of my stamina bar. That 9 stamina will last a LONG time. I’ve kept a Jason busy for over half the round AND ran out the clock. It is all dependent if the Jason is skilled enough to know how to catch me and not be too grab happy because it is easily punishable. Although one mistake and no pocket knife and Tiffany is as good as dead. Jenny on the other hand MIGHT survive a grab but is much more easily winded. I’ve played these two since launch, needless to say I know how to survive and what I am doing. Careless mistakes still happen though.

My Jason however is not as good as my counselor gameplay so Tiffany would probably outlast the entire round. My Jason is decent but Tiffany is top notch. Really depends on the rest of the team and if they get anything done and how fast they die. Tiffany lasting 5-10 minutes isn’t all that hard.

Thinking on it some more, if I was Jason against myself, I wouldn’t bother trapping objectives because I know that those would only alert Jason to my whereabouts and my goal would be to survive the 20 minutes. Instead, I would use those traps on the known outside spawn points for health sprays and knives. 

@GeneiJin If my counselor met my Jason... well... this might fall into "I know that he knows that I know what he is up to"... for both sides of play... But I do play Jason to counter players like me when I am not 'toying' with my 'victims'... I imagine I would have a fairly balanced escape or death ratio... trying to kill myself as Jason makes no sense to me as I have always felt the suicide is not the answer.

I suck at combat on both sides, so a fight between my counselor and Jason would look like two morons swinging blindly at each other.

I main Eric, though, so if it's a one-on-one match my Jason would end it pretty quickly. Eric ain't made to fight, and as evidenced by my frequent quick deaths as the last survivor it's hard to kite any Jason with him for more than a few minutes.

4 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

I suck at combat on both sides, so a fight between my counselor and Jason would look like two morons swinging blindly at each other.

I main Eric, though, so if it's a one-on-one match my Jason would end it pretty quickly. Eric ain't made to fight, and as evidenced by my frequent quick deaths as the last survivor it's hard to kite any Jason with him for more than a few minutes.

Eric is actually pretty good at fighting, his 5 luck makes him actually one of the best fixer/fighter. Plus you have the awesomeness of his voice breaking as he squeaks "Fuck you!" Lol, swift attacker helps big time. I go with that, nerves of steel and either thick skin or Preparedness. Trick is, get Jason to chase you and if you are solo press combat stance and you will turn to face him. If you lightly tap attack you will do a sidearm swing motion that will track Jason, first time it will normally surprise lesser Jason players. Against better Jasons you will have to be more tricky, every time you hit you gain stamina and the swift attacker will help you hit. And with Eric you REALLY want to conserve your stamina, jog as much as possible.

On 12/3/2018 at 12:41 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Hmmm, interesting topic discussion.

Yes it is....how refreshing!

I always go all-out when I play as Jason (usually Part 6), whereas I don't play as a counselor with the same intensity. I'm just more motivated when I'm Jason because I'm such a big fan (and balance issues preclude you from playing as Jason at anything less than 100% or you're gonna lose), so I think my A.J. would be fucking dead pretty quick against my Jason.

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Eric is actually pretty good at fighting, his 5 luck makes him actually one of the best fixer/fighter. Plus you have the awesomeness of his voice breaking as he squeaks "Fuck you!" Lol, swift attacker helps big time. I go with that, nerves of steel and either thick skin or Preparedness. Trick is, get Jason to chase you and if you are solo press combat stance and you will turn to face him. If you lightly tap attack you will do a sidearm swing motion that will track Jason, first time it will normally surprise lesser Jason players. Against better Jasons you will have to be more tricky, every time you hit you gain stamina and the swift attacker will help you hit. And with Eric you REALLY want to conserve your stamina, jog as much as possible.

He's not bad if you're good at fighting. Problem is, I suck at fighting ... lol

I've had a few rounds where I've kited Jason for a while, usually against newer or lesser Jasons. Early in the game I can sometimes run around long enough to make him someone else's problem or get him distracted and lose him.

For the most part, though, if it's in that endgame scenario where you're the last survivor, fixing objectives is no longer a feasible strategy, Jason has found you and there's still 10 minutes on the clock, I'm not going to be able to run out the time. Best I can usually do is frustrate him for a few minutes before the jig is up.

My beloved AJ would sneak around the map and repair the phone fuse and call the cops, my Jason would be in hot pursuit. AJ would lose Jason through ducking and weaving through buildings and sneaking away further. Until through the sense function, Jason can see a glowing red building, as my Jason approaches, he can hear...something. The sound of pure 80’s echoing through his mask “LET THE SUMMER BEEEEGIN”.

In a heated RAGE, Jason power walks his way to a window to see, my AJ dancing, dancing her heart out. Which as the timer reaches zero for the cops it would be my Jason’s absolute intent to punch her dancing heart right out.

13 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

He's not bad if you're good at fighting. Problem is, I suck at fighting ... lol

I've had a few rounds where I've kited Jason for a while, usually against newer or lesser Jasons. Early in the game I can sometimes run around long enough to make him someone else's problem or get him distracted and lose him.

For the most part, though, if it's in that endgame scenario where you're the last survivor, fixing objectives is no longer a feasible strategy, Jason has found you and there's still 10 minutes on the clock, I'm not going to be able to run out the time. Best I can usually do is frustrate him for a few minutes before the jig is up.

Gotcha, well best I can say is just keep at it. I was awful at the start, but I just kept trying and figured some things out. Spacing is very important! And speed effects that, Lachappa has a different pace then Chad or Vanessa (obviously) They can get in and out on Jason quickly, with Chap you gotta commit to the hit. Chad and Nessa can twirl and jog, then hit when he tries the grab or after a whiff. Chap needs to just do a quick move to the side, then forward again for a fake. If you spin around the whole way you better swing, or just sprint behind Jason. His speed is so bad, gotta take that in consideration when fighting. Good luck!