tyrant666

LJN Vs Platinum Dunes: NES Jason Vs Remake Jason

Yet another theorized battle.

This time with a Jason that was supposed to be reworked versus the Jason that would've never been added regardless due to rights holders.

For this, we theorize what their stats might've been and based on that, which one would've been played/enjoyed more?

NES Jason - Based On The Game, he could run and be everywhere at once, so this Jason becomes the best mobile Jason of the game, but he comes with some big weaknesses. He's the only Jason in the game with fists for melee, hence the destruction weakness.

Strengths:
+Can Run
+Morph
+Water Speed

Weaknesses:
-Traps
-Destruction (10 hits to break down barricaded doors/5 hits for merely locked ones/3 hits for unlocked)
-Throwing Knife Strength (His Knives Do Half The Damage Per Hit)

Remake Jason - Based On The Film, this Jason was much more of a tracker/hunter than any other film, he'll have a good long range game and so-so mobility, but his weaknesses will balance him out. His melee weapon will be a longer rusty machete.

Strengths:
+Can Run
+Traps
+Throwing Knives

Weaknesses:
-Morph
-Weapon Strength (Melee does half the damage of normal weapon strength)
-Water Speed

So which one do you think you would've enjoyed/played more?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

NES Jason - Based On The Game, he could run and be everywhere at once, so this Jason becomes the best mobile Jason of the game, but he comes with some big weaknesses. He's the only Jason in the game with fists for melee, hence the destruction weakness.

Remake Jason - Based On The Film, this Jason was much more of a tracker/hunter than any other film, he'll have a good long range game and so-so mobility, but his weaknesses will balance him out. His melee weapon will be a longer rusty machete.

Remake, holy shit I would eat kill squads for lunch. The - weapon strength is his only real drawback, he’s a more dangerous version of part 4. Sure he doesn’t have destruction but the traps and knives mean he can guard objectives and play mind games with his traps or snipe with his knives. 

For NES Jason it should only be 7 hits for a door, 10 would make him a joke until he got rage. You’d have to bait them into hitting you over and over. His weakness are brutal, I don’t think many people would enjoy the positives enough to out way them. 

The moment i saw +throwing knives, remake was already in the bag. That +traps just solidified my pick too. I feel having the extra knives helps with his -weapon strength(if your a decent knife thrower). I can deal with his -morph since he can run, and his shift is neutral. Nes has a combination of weaknesses that warrant a one time play for me. That -destruction is what really hurts the most

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:00 AM, tyrant666 said:

This time with a Jason that was supposed to be reworked versus the Jason that would've never been added regardless due to rights holders.

For this, we theorize what their stats might've been and based on that, which one would've been played/enjoyed more?

Strengths:
+Can Run
+Morph
+Water Speed

Weaknesses:
-Traps
-Destruction (10 hits to break down barricaded doors/5 hits for merely locked ones/3 hits for unlocked)

Strengths:
+Can Run
+Traps
+Throwing Knives

Weaknesses:
-Morph
-Water Speed

Why minus weapon strength? I would rather give him -Defense, or stun resistance. Also, Jason actually did some big damage with his weapon in the 2009 film. And I feel like minus stun, or defense would be much better, cause he was defeated at the end, but he regenerated and came back? And Jason did some big damage with his machete, a lot of one shots. Oh, and one more thing, since +throwing darts are very limited, I would rather give him +Weapon strength, cause his weapon damage won't run out.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 10:00 AM, tyrant666 said:

Strengths:
+Can Run
+Morph
+Water Speed

Weaknesses:
-Traps

Strengths:
+Can Run
+Traps
+Throwing Knives

Weaknesses:
-Morph
-Water Speed

Doesn't Roy have 5 traps and a bunch of throwing knives? Doesn't seem to save him from getting the axe...

These Jason's have bad strengths and game breaking weaknesses. I wouldn't use either one with those stats. They wouldn't last 5 minutes against a kill squad. And why wouldn't NES Jason have a weapon? He had weapons in the NES game. 

19 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Doesn't Roy have 5 traps and a bunch of throwing knives? Doesn't seem to save him from getting the axe...

These Jason's have bad strengths and game breaking weaknesses. I wouldn't use either one with those stats. They wouldn't last 5 minutes against a kill squad. And why wouldn't NES Jason have a weapon? He had weapons in the NES game. 

You can throw a knife to block an attack, and use bear traps to guard your flank. Personally I think his remake is good, I don’t even mind the less damage from the slash because... I like to slash. Most kill teams are only 3 or 4 people, so divide and conquer. Medic would be annoying, so I’ll give you that. I think not having Roy’s weaknesses would make a big difference. 

The NES Jason had an ax if I remember, it looked like a tooth brush.

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You can throw a knife to block an attack, and use bear traps to guard your flank. Personally I think his remake is good, I don’t even mind the less damage from the slash because... I like to slash. Most kill teams are only 3 or 4 people, so divide and conquer. Medic would be annoying, so I’ll give you that. 

Don't forget thick skin or legendary thrasher. With my power build on Buggzy these 2 Jasons wouldn't stand a chance.

Poor NES Jason would spend 18 minutes of the match just trying to break doors down. And with his throwing knife Nerf there's nothing he could do about it short of a shift grab. But I bet he wouldn't get the chance to get too many of them. 

Remake Jasons stats are a bit better but only for a counselor not running health perks. Maybe if he could run fast enough to keep up with Vanessa that might balance him out a little but if it takes him 10 whacks to hack down a Tommy or sweater girl I think that'd put him at the top of the list for easiest Jasons to kill.  

14 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Don't forget thick skin or legendary thrasher. With my power build on Buggzy these 2 Jasons wouldn't stand a chance.

Poor NES Jason would spend 18 minutes of the match just trying to break doors down. And with his throwing knife Nerf there's nothing he could do about it short of a shift grab. But I bet he wouldn't get the chance to get too many of them. 

Remake Jasons stats are a bit better but only for a counselor not running health perks. Maybe if he could run fast enough to keep up with Vanessa that might balance him out a little but if it takes him 10 whacks to hack down a Tommy or sweater girl I think that'd put him at the top of the list for easiest Jasons to kill.  

I can’t say I’d rate him that low, the slashing is only to control space and give you room, or to stop a Counselor from entering/exiting a window. His run speed should be higher than other Jason’s, in the movie he full on sprints. 

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t say I’d rate him that low, the slashing is only to control space and give you room, or to stop a Counselor from entering/exiting a window. His run speed should be higher than other Jason’s, in the movie he full on sprints. 

I'm planning on making a video on how easy it is to kill Jasons (even with good stats and experienced players) in the near future. I'll just be using two hunters and I'll be sure to share some tips and tricks I've picked up. I won't make it public because I'm not about to ruin the game for everyone but I'll be sure to send you the link. 😎

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm planning on making a video on how easy it is to kill Jasons (even with good stats and experienced players) in the near future. I'll just be using two hunters and I'll be sure to share some tips and tricks I've picked up. I won't make it public because I'm not about to ruin the game for everyone but I'll be sure to send you the link. 😎

Sweet, I don’t think he’d be indestructible just not a push over or as weak as Roy, look for ward to it.

NES Jason should have +Knives. I mean, he can just continuously whip machetes and axes at you when ypu encounter him on the road in the NES game.