Much of this game, I actually like. Glitches and all. Sometimes the glitches simply have me ROFLOL.  However, I thought it would be cool to make a thread about what YOU would do if you created the game. What things would YOU do to make the game better? 

1. For me, I would NOT allow duplicate counselors.  This would make Jason much harder to kill (gang-up kill) and for people to accomplish the objectives.  Having 4 LaChappas to put cars, boats, fuses etc together is clearly problematic.
  2. Add a "Prestige Mode" - Some players are simply losers. They spend all their time in life getting to 150 rank then start team killing with the car or teaming with Jasons.  This is a total dick move. It's not even trolling it's just you being an asshole.  A Prestige Mode would reset all of your stats and unlocks and give you a badge for going through the process again.  You would have to go through earning badges and everything all over again.  As a reward, reach 150 again and get a different award to go prestige again. Maybe even award a Savini Jason for Going Prestige X amount of times. 
  3. Only allow 1 Savini Jason in a Lobby - This should be a no-brainer. 
  4.  Truly randomize fuse house, Tommy's radio and other item placements. 

I think many of these things can be done without issues with the lawsuit too.  They'd really be "tweaks" and not additions to the game. 

What kind of changes would you make to the game if YOU were the developer?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I have written pages of ideas for this game. While I like the idea of your thread, I don’t think I really want to just spend the next two hours writing it all out in a list. I get the sub-text of what you’re saying as well but I don’t necessarily agree that part of it, it’s far to challenging almost to the point of insulting but not quite. 

So here’s a quick answer for you... mostly as a developer, I think I’d make a point of actually paying attention. Paying attention to the fans and the big picture. Both of these have been over looked in the past.

4 hours ago, dniezby said:

Much of this game, I actually like. Glitches and all. Sometimes the glitches simply have me ROFLOL.  However, I thought it would be cool to make a thread about what YOU would do if you created the game. What things would YOU do to make the game better? 

1. For me, I would NOT allow duplicate counselors.  This would make Jason much harder to kill (gang-up kill) and for people to accomplish the objectives.  Having 4 LaChappas to put cars, boats, fuses etc together is clearly problematic.
  2. Add a "Prestige Mode" - Some players are simply losers. They spend all their time in life getting to 150 rank then start team killing with the car or teaming with Jasons.  This is a total dick move. It's not even trolling it's just you being an asshole.  A Prestige Mode would reset all of your stats and unlocks and give you a badge for going through the process again.  You would have to go through earning badges and everything all over again.  As a reward, reach 150 again and get a different award to go prestige again. Maybe even award a Savini Jason for Going Prestige X amount of times. 
  3. Only allow 1 Savini Jason in a Lobby - This should be a no-brainer. 
  4.  Truly randomize fuse house, Tommy's radio and other item placements. 

I think many of these things can be done without issues with the lawsuit too.  They'd really be "tweaks" and not additions to the game. 

What kind of changes would you make to the game if YOU were the developer?

This topic feels like it should have been in the Suggestions section of the forum.

I do agree with increasing the randomization. There will always be players who learn every spot that an item can potentially spawn in. Increase the number of possibilities, and it will take longer for the players to fully adapt to the change. Think of the Borg in the Star Trek universe.

The only thing I would have done differently, would be to take in more feedback before making any changes in an update. I would also communicate more with the community equally across all social media platforms, including the forum.

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I have written pages of ideas for this game. While I like the idea of your thread, I don’t think I really want to just spend the next two hours writing it all out in a list. I get the sub-text of what you’re saying as well but I don’t necessarily agree that part of it, it’s far to challenging almost to the point of insulting but not quite. 

So here’s a quick answer for you... mostly as a developer, I think I’d make a point of actually paying attention. Paying attention to the fans and the big picture. Both of these have been over looked in the past.

I've read through quite a few of your ideas, as well as the ideas from many of the wiser members of the forum.

Myself if i were developer i would.

• Be more communicative about change and future content/update.
  • Add a better incentive progressive system.
  • Badge rewards CP when doing them.
  • I will make all perks be useful whatever the situation and revamp them for a more Team-Oriented play style.
  • I will change rules for public ( no duplicate counselors , more randomness for objective.)
  • Add more options for customization for offline play ( Allowing to change the perks/items for every AI.)

That way i add more cosmestic with the possibility to change glasses as well new game modes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dniezby said:

1. Add a "Prestige Mode" - Some players are simply losers. They spend all their time in life getting to 150 rank then start team killing with the car or teaming with Jasons.  This is a total dick move. It's not even trolling it's just you being an asshole.  A Prestige Mode would reset all of your stats and unlocks and give you a badge for going through the process again.  You would have to go through earning badges and everything all over again.  As a reward, reach 150 again and get a different award to go prestige again. Maybe even award a Savini Jason for Going Prestige X amount of times.

Are 150lvl gods driving you insane ?^^

For the most of u , if in their place i bet u would've done much worse. Most of your changes would make this game a "Hell Nooo" title.

Like reseting all the achievements after reaching the top is just disturbing , i'll have nightmares tonight .

No duplication of any counselors when there is only one mode and 5 counselors in total , and if most people like specific counselor they can play that once in a year , omg , gotta buy a Teddy Bear for tonight ;( .

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I've read through quite a few of your ideas, as well as the ideas from many of the wiser members of the forum.

Lol, I never said my ideas were good ideas. As for wisdom, you get it by making mistakes so I don’t mind not being a wiser member. 

7 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Myself if i were developer i would.

• Be more communicative about change and future content/update.
  • Add a better incentive progressive system.
  • Badge rewards CP when doing them.
  • I will make all perks be useful whatever the situation and revamp them for a more Team-Oriented play style.
  • I will change rules for public ( no duplicate counselors , more randomness for objective.)
  • Add more options for customization for offline play ( Allowing to change the perks/items for every AI.)

That way i add more cosmestic with the possibility to change glasses as well new game modes.

I like your ideas, except the no duplicates Counselor thing. Don’t think it’s necessary for the game to stop you from playing who you want.

1 hour ago, DeadDuck said:

For the most of u , if in their place i bet u would've done much worse. Most of your changes would make this game a "Hell Nooo" title.

Like reseting all the achievements after reaching the top is just disturbing , i'll have nightmares tonight .

No duplication of any counselors when there is only one mode and 5 counselors in total , and if most people like specific counselor they can play that once in a year , omg , gotta buy a Teddy Bear for tonight ;( .

I left a Teddy by Delerious’s grave if you need it. 

• Haha 1

@Slasher_Clone I both like and dislike the no dup idea for two reasons.

1). Not being able to select two times the same counselor

2). Increase the role play and for killing Jason he make a little more harder.

It's a good idea otherwise don't you think.

43 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

@Slasher_Clone I both like and dislike the no dup idea for two reasons.

1). Not being able to select two times the same counselor

2). Increase the role play and for killing Jason he make a little more harder.

It's a good idea otherwise don't you think.

I don’t think it’s a good way to go in this game, in another game, Yes it would be a good idea. If it’s RP than you can do it in a private match, I just don’t think it would work in this game because the way stats work, taking an option away means giving up some players. If another game had the option to do some stat customization on the Survivors then I’d be cool with it. 

1.  So if I play as Chad and there's a Chad already in the lobby I can't select him?  Ok, I leave and go to another lobby until I can.  Will there ever be a full lobby anywhere for a game with this idea?  Probably not.  No one picks Victoria, Shelly, Kenny on purpose. 

2, Prestige mode would do nothing to stop teamers, griefers, cheaters.  Most of the teamers I've run into are level 20s now. 

3. I can't remember the last time I saw a lobby that had 2 people with Savini.  Pointless.

4. I agree on this.  It would give Jason a little bit of an advantage. 

8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, I never said my ideas were good ideas. As for wisdom, you get it by making mistakes so I don’t mind not being a wiser member. 

I like your ideas, except the no duplicates Counselor thing. Don’t think it’s necessary for the game to stop you from playing who you want.

I left a Teddy by Delerious’s grave if you need it. 

We all get a little wiser with each mistake we make in life, as we learn from those mistakes.

Don't sell you ideas short. There are some priceless gems among them.

I've looked over interesting ideas given by at least 50 different members here. I'm trying to piece them together like a puzzle to see if they could work well together in a different incarnation of an F13 game. I'll let you know how that turns out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Please do, if you need help with anything let me know.

Will do.

14 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

Okay, first of all, you apparently don't play too many games. Prestige Mode is NOT a new idea. Most games that have limited level have it.  If resetting bothers you that much, maybe you're not good enough to play it anymore. Only a weak player would be worried about building back up.  (Yup, that was a challenge) 

Next, no, Level 150 players do not drive me insane. I just noticed that they get bored because there is nothing left for them to accomplish so they start doing things like running players over with the car. Which is funny when it's done by accident and just a dick when it's done on purpose.

Think you better learn more about the game.  At least recount your counselors. There are 10 counselors. There is no reason to repeat. Just like 99% of games that have characters to pick, you can't duplicate them.   There are NO duplicates in Offline play.  

Have you even played this game?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

1.  So if I play as Chad and there's a Chad already in the lobby I can't select him?  Ok, I leave and go to another lobby until I can.  Will there ever be a full lobby anywhere for a game with this idea?  Probably not.  No one picks Victoria, Shelly, Kenny on purpose. 

Your life must be truly boring if Chad is the only character you can play.  

What lobbies do you play in where players don't play Victoria, Shelly or Kenny? There is one (if not all three) on my games 90% of the time.

As for quitting and lobby hopping,  cry baby stuff would introduce something that's in most ESL pro games have - Abandon Penalties.  I play a lot of proleague and if you join a lobby and and quit before the game is over, you would get a 30 min abandon penalty. Heck, one game I play is 1hour ban. Can't play again for an hour. That one hurts. 

2, Prestige mode would do nothing to stop teamers, griefers, cheaters.  Most of the teamers I've run into are level 20s now. 

It's not about preventing that. It's about giving people something more to do once they've reached the top and giving them an award for their efforts. 

3. I can't remember the last time I saw a lobby that had 2 people with Savini.  Pointless.

Maybe you should play more often. Though, in the last two weeks or so, it has kind of faded. I haven't seen but one in the last week. Probably because they're bored because they've reached level 150 and have no objectives to attain or improve upon. Hmmm, what could be done to remedy that I wonder...

Complete randomization would just make everything more challenging.  Especially things like, spawing in or around Tommy's radio...I mean, that is just BS. No councelor should start THAT close to the objective. I mean, that's one of Jason's main objectives - stop Tommy from even being called. If you spawn IN the building - He's got his work cut out for him. 

I really do not like that idea of not allowing more than one of the same counselor, while I see where you're coming from and think that if the idea were manipulated to were there couldn't be duplicate strength counselors then that would be good. It seems to me the point of this would be so Jason couldn't be killed so easily then that should do it but what's wrong with duplicate low strength counselors?. 

Some players enjoy playing as those characters for their own reason. They not be as common in the lobbies you play in, but they are still used.

There's some truth with that. I see the occasional troll / teamer below level 10 sometimes.

Savini still pops up from time to time. Sometimes 2 in the same lobby. It is rare from my experience though.

The advantage is relevant, until players learn all the spawn points. It will eventually happen, no matter how many times the points change.

52 minutes ago, dniezby said:

Okay, first of all, you apparently don't play too many games. Prestige Mode is NOT a new idea. Most games that have limited level have it.  If resetting bothers you that much, maybe you're not good enough to play it anymore. Only a weak player would be worried about building back up.  (Yup, that was a challenge) 

I wouldn't say most. There are quite a few though.

Next, no, Level 150 players do not drive me insane. I just noticed that they get bored because there is nothing left for them to accomplish so they start doing things like running players over with the car. Which is funny when it's done by accident and just a dick when it's done on purpose.

Some capped players are bored. Not all of them do what you mention though.

Capped players continue to play for a number of other reasons:

1. They are trying to improve their skills as counselors / Jason.

2. They are trying to help friends get to 150.

3. They have made friends playing this game, and continue to play for that reason.

4. They enjoy playing the game as intended despite the lack of anything else to achieve.

Think you better learn more about the game.  At least recount your counselors. There are 10 counselors. There is no reason to repeat. Just like 99% of games that have characters to pick, you can't duplicate them.   There are NO duplicates in Offline play.

Last time I checked, there were 15 counselors (including Tommy). People pick the counselor they want to play at the moment. Sometimes it happens to be the same counselor as another play in the same lobby. It happens, even though not everyone agrees with it.

Offline mode was coded so that duplicates couldn't be possible.

Fighting games allow duplicates. While it's not the same concept, fighting games make up more than 1% of all known video games.

Have you even played this game?

I'm sure the person you are responding to has played the game before. Maybe they haven't played as much or as long as you.

7 minutes ago, dniezby said:

Some players favor certain counselors over others. Far be it from you or I to question the tastes of others.

What lobbies do you play in where players don't play Victoria, Shelly or Kenny? There is one (if not all three) on my games 90% of the time.

Each player has different experiences as far as counselors that are encountered. I see a pretty good balance of the counselors, but that's me.

As for quitting and lobby hopping,  cry baby stuff would introduce something that's in most ESL pro games have - Abandon Penalties.  I play a lot of proleague and if you join a lobby and and quit before the game is over, you would get a 30 min abandon penalty. Heck, one game I play is 1hour ban. Can't play again for an hour. That one hurts. 

This isn't the ESL Pro League, and most players of this game are not part of it.

It's not about preventing that. It's about giving pTeople something more to do once they've reached the top and giving them an award for their efforts.

In my experience, people play a game for various reasons. They may stop playing for two main reasons.

1. They no longer have any more interest in the game. This may or may not be due to lack of content / achievements.

2. Other games come along that may be more enjoyable. Everyone won't play this game forever.

Maybe you should play more often. Though, in the last two weeks or so, it has kind of faded. I haven't seen but one in the last week. Probably because they're bored because they've reached level 150 and have no objectives to attain or improve upon. Hmmm, what could be done to remedy that I wonder...

Complete randomization would just make everything more challenging.  Especially things like, spawing in or around Tommy's radio...I mean, that is just BS. No councelor should start THAT close to the objective. I mean, that's one of Jason's main objectives - stop Tommy from even being called. If you spawn IN the building - He's got his work cut out for him. 

The challenge would be there until it is all memorized. That's the drawback of any game. Once you know all there is to know, or you've done there is to do, it gets boring to some people.

8 hours ago, dniezby said:

Okay, first of all, you apparently don't play too many games. Prestige Mode is NOT a new idea. Most games that have limited level have it.  If resetting bothers you that much, maybe you're not good enough to play it anymore. Only a weak player would be worried about building back up.  (Yup, that was a challenge)  you sure understand a lot.

Next, no, Level 150 players do not drive me insane. I just noticed that they get bored because there is nothing left for them to accomplish so they start doing things like running players over with the car. Which is funny when it's done by accident and just a dick when it's done on purpose.ohh poor they ^^ , they surely need more achievements and useless hustle , instead of fixed glitches and bugs that are killing the game much worse than nazis killing jews in WW2.

Think you better learn more about the game.  At least recount your counselors. There are 10 counselors. its okay if you don't understand sarcasm.

There is no reason to repeat. Just like 99% of games that have characters to pick, you can't duplicate them  99% of them , unlike this one , are playable , and most likely they have more than 5 counselors . So if you would want to play as a slow nerd and one isn't available ,there are similar ones.

There are NO duplicates in Offline play.  this one made me have brain lag ;( 

Have you even played this game? Never played it , i just like to enter it and have a vulcano like erection while staring at my 150lvl account ^^

5 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

Going to have to ask you not to do the whole nazi thing, in your argument. I would rather if this topic didn’t get locked as I’m still curious as to how people are going to respond. 

Also it offends me, which will lead to me offending against you. 😝 sorry could resist the word play, it’s not a threat Mods. 

Number one makes sense but creates character stealing and takes away freedom and fun kinda killing the game possibly. I know it's more balanced though. Also some characters are shit and some people will be stuck with a unfair time. This only favours Jason balance wise.

2 yes very nice. 

3 ummm can you explain how having multiple people choose savini is bad? Why him in particular too and why not say don't allow duplicate Jason's? The whole idea is not good and favours counsellors.

4 this is good but creates a problem with casual players with no communication. Even hardcore ones sometimes forget the 3 or 4 set locations, it's not needed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dniezby said:

It's not about preventing that. It's about giving people something more to do once they've reached the top and giving them an award for their efforts. 

There is nothing boring about playing as Chad.  It's not the only character I can play, it's the only character I want to play.  So with your idea, I'll just lobby hop until I get a lobby that doesn't have a Chad in it.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who would do it since plenty of people main one certain character.  You'd end up having lobbies that would have games start with 5/8 people with your idea.  And say I get thrown into a lobby at the waiting for players screen and someone has Chad already?  You know what I would do?  Leave.  That's why your first idea is absolute garbage. 

This ain't an e-sports game.   This is a casual paradise.  You're never going to turn it into e-sports.  

Your main point for prestige based on your lead in was because of level 150 griefers.  I simply told you that having to level up again for whatever mundane rewards won't deter anyone if their whole goal is to grief.  Most griefers aren't 150s now. Or maybe your real point of prestige was so you could get a Savini Jason since that's how you closed that point.  Guess what?  Backers would be pissed if this were to happen, basically sorry, you're not getting a Savini. 

I play on PS4 and the Savini's I see are few and far between and has been that way for the last 6 months.  And here's the thing, people get bored of every game regardless of what carrot you want to dangle them.  This game is now a year and a half old, people move on to other games.  Why did you choose Savini as an arbitrary one per lobby?  Why not Part 8?  Hell, why not Part 2 or Part 3?  Every lobby I go into there is seemingly 4 of one of those two choices.  

So much nonsense...

On 11/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, dniezby said:

As many have said, they'd lobby hop. It would make getting a game going harder and it would ensure people would play other games. Giving gamers less options is a bad idea. Also it's not problematic to have multiples of a single character. To use your example, Lachoppa doesn't have nearly the survivability that Tiff, Vanessa or Chad has. On the flip side, having a bunch of brawler runners is also manageable if nobody fixes anything. Jason will win the war of attrition most times.

Add a "Prestige Mode" - Some players are simply losers. They spend all their time in life getting to 150 rank then start team killing with the car or teaming with Jasons.  This is a total dick move. It's not even trolling it's just you being an asshole.  A Prestige Mode would reset all of your stats and unlocks and give you a badge for going through the process again.  You would have to go through earning badges and everything all over again.  As a reward, reach 150 again and get a different award to go prestige again. Maybe even award a Savini Jason for Going Prestige X amount of times. 

Trolls troll regardless of level. While I have nothing against a prestige mode, I think your take on it's skewed. 

Bolded: No. Go look up exclusive in the dictionary.

1. Only allow 1 Savini Jason in a Lobby - This should be a no-brainer. 

Hm. Can't be the Jason I want to be. Guess I'll lobby hop. Guess my party will come with me. Guess that other lobby will have to deal and play short, hope some people get randomly bounced in during the intro cutscene, or hope people like sitting around waiting for a lobby to fill. Honestly, this suggestion is a "no-brainer", just not in the way you were thinking.

1.  Truly randomize fuse house, Tommy's radio and other item placements. 

Now, this is a good idea! I don't find the game stale, even though I've spent my life getting to level 150 so I can troll....waitasecond..I don't do that. Ahem, while I don't find the game stale, many of my peers have. More randomness would have gone a long way to keeping the feeling of danger high.

Moving on...

19 hours ago, dniezby said:

]There are NO duplicates in Offline play.  

You don't have to please computer code. Trying to please eight people in a lobby is a bit harder. 

18 hours ago, dniezby said:

]

Um. I can't think of any games that punish for leaving the pregame lobby. SMITE has a nice setup for those who leave midgame. I've never played "Proleague" and if i was punished for leaving a pre game lobby? Yeah, I'd quickly contact my bank and charge my money back.

as far as reasons to quit a lobby? That asshole playing loud music, the "squeaker" who is obnoxious, the game handle you recognize as a teamer and don't want to play with, the handle that you recognize who quits mid kill, the fact the lobby isn't big enough for that friend who just popped up online. Lots of reasons to leave a pregame lobby. Sure, once in that 14 second lockdown those who leave should be considered in play, but before that? Nah. Alienating players out of your game isn't a good business model.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:34 PM, SirMang said:

18 hours ago, dniezby said:

Wow, for a guy calling people assholes, you sure don't come off likable. 

As somebody who plays pretty regularly, I see all sorts of lobbies. Some are full of Savini, some have 1-2, some have zero. Also, I'd quit generalizing. Anecdotes are just that As a guy who owns Savini, but mains parts' 3 and 9 currently, I'm not bored with the game. Even without in game carrots after level 150, I enjoy playing the game on both sides of the hockey mask for it's own sake. It's a fun (barring griefers) 20 minute block of time. 

1) No. Others have already made it clear why.

2) Why not. Though since there isn't going to be new content I'm not sure what rewards you want to offer.

Just had a thought for the second point. You could make paid dlc unlock each time you prestige. One dlc per prestige.

3) No. That's just silly and arbitrary. 

4) I'm pretty sure it'd take more work then you are anticipating, but the idea in of itself is fine.