tyrant666

Battle Of The Cut Content: Uber Jason vs Pamela

This battle can only be theorized.

Many believe Pamela would've never came to fruition, regardless of the lawsuit. Some felt maybe she would be worked into Paranoia, but Paranoia itself never got off the ground.

Meanwhile Uber Jason while still technically could be released down the line if a miracle happens. As of now, he's cut content.

We know what Uber's leaked stats were...

Strengths:
+Stun Resistance
+Destruction
+Grip Strength

Weaknesses:
-Can't Run
-Sense
-Stalk

We can theorize that if Pamela were worked into the game with a similar/altered set of strengths/weakness exclusive to her. We could see something like this...her melee weapon is the small hunting knife seen in Part 1.

Strengths:
+Can Sprint (5 Speed Equivalent of Kenny)
+Permanent Stalk (Unless seen, then she has to move away to reload the Perma Stalk)
+Bow And Arrows (Comes With 7 Arrows, each one is an instant kill, but only if its a body shot or head shot)

Weaknesses:
-Grab  (Her grab is a two handed grab and its weaker than a -Grip Strength Jason)
-Health (She can be killed by melee or gunshots outright)
-Shift (Same as Part 2 and Part 4)

She gets neutral Morph and Traps. She can crawl through windows unlike Jason, but she can't burst through doors without like 10 melee strikes. She can use counselor items like first aid to heal herself from being killed, fireworks to blind counselors and she can even grab a shotty on the map and unload it on a counselor. She can't grab keys, but she can grab objective items from the locations and move them.

So there you have it.

One of these characters has actual stats and the other you can theorize about what kind of killer she might've been and how she would've played different from Jason.

Based on the stats alone, I think Uber would get a lot of play because his weaknesses aren't crazy and I think curiosity would have many people wanting to play Pamela.

2 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Which one could you see being better/enjoyed more?

Pamela feels a little OP, especially with the 1 hit kill now and arrow. Sadly Uber would be my least favorite Jason to use. I valve Stalk and Sense more than the rest of Jason's skills. I would use Pamela a lot, the permanent stalk would be the shit.

• Like 1

@tyrant666 It is a given that most of us would have to try Uber... many of us would like to play him. If they did throw him in, I imagine the first day would be much like when Roy was released... In every lobby, each player had their Jason set to Roy... we all had to try him at the least... except of course, those people who refuse to play Jason.
   If he was actually in game... he would probably be one of the most widely used variants for a while at least. I know I would play as Uber... at least for a while.

Your ideas for Pamela sound great... but too many arrows for the bow if it is a one shot kill. Bows are just too easy to master in video games... and also pretty easy to master in real life. If this version of Pamela was playable in game at all... I would be playing it. It sounds like it would have been one of the best things in the game.
   Just another thought for the bow... and maybe the shotgun (in Pamela's hands at least)… As it would not make sense for Pamela to stop a car in the same manner as Jason... perhaps she would have to shoot a tire out with the bow or shotgun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@tyrant666 It is a given that most of us would have to try Uber... many of us would like to play him. If they did throw him in, I imagine the first day would be much like when Roy was released... In every lobby, each player had their Jason set to Roy... we all had to try him at the least... except of course, those people who refuse to play Jason.
   If he was actually in game... he would probably be one of the most widely used variants for a while at least. I know I would play as Uber... at least for a while.

Your ideas for Pamela sound great... but too many arrows for the bow if it is a one shot kill. Bows are just too easy to master in video games... and also pretty easy to master in real life. If this version of Pamela was playable in game at all... I would be playing it. It sounds like it would have been one of the best things in the game.
   Just another thought for the bow... and maybe the shotgun (in Pamela's hands at least)… As it would not make sense for Pamela to stop a car in the same manner as Jason... perhaps she would have to shoot a tire out with the bow or shotgun.

Sounds good.

• Like 1

We were never gonna get Pamela to begin with. 

An entirely new beginning of the match would have to be made, there would be no sweater in the shack or maybe no shack period, she'd be very easy to kill and the entire outro would have to be changed. 

• Like 1

I either had forgotten about or had never seen the stats for Uber. Having seen them I really don't see why people have their panties in a twist about him. He's basically a weaker version of part 8.

I really like the ideas for Pamela. Only thing I'd change is the arrows being insta kills. I'd say insta cripple would be fair enough though.

• Like 1

I would have made Pam and Roy out to be a completely different experience.

Instead of the undead shifty, morphy Jason gameplay Pam and Roy would have played like op counselors with a shit ton of hit points, speed and the ability to crawl through windows and hide. One hit kill grabs would still be a thing and the maps would have been designed around this new mode of play. 

Just imagine locking the cabin doors only to be ambushed by Pamela Voorhees from behind after she crawled out from under a bed. 

• Like 3

Probably Uber Jason for me, I always liked the design of him and having Stun resistance (while it would most likely still have been pretty rubbish) I like that destruction and I'm not too fussed about the lack of running.

Having a decent Pamela would have been a really tough balance since she is human, but I could get on board with this idea. Would certainly make it a totally different experience which would be fresh. 

11 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I would have made Pam and Roy out to be a completely different experience.

Instead of the undead shifty, morphy Jason gameplay Pam and Roy would have played like op counselors with a shit ton of hit points, speed and the ability to crawl through windows and hide. One hit kill grabs would still be a thing and the maps would have been designed around this new mode of play. 

Just imagine locking the cabin doors only to be ambushed by Pamela Voorhees from behind after she crawled out from under a bed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

That would have been cool.

To the OP, I think Ahab summed it up well. Uber would be the new favourite for a week or so, then players would go back to their mains and life goes on. It would have been very cool though, the first time you saw Uber smash his way into a cabin, or come out of Shift right in front of you. It would have been good.

Those ideas for Pam would have made her fun to play, a ranged attack other than throwing knives would have been interesting.

• Like 1

Uber Jason.New stats like that,especially the ones you proposed,would be a little too confusing.And It would be kinda odd for Pamela to see her own head at the end of the match.(Unless she gets a special end scene like Roy.)