Sign in to follow this  
HaHaTrumpWon

"You were kicked: Host has left the game" WTF?!

I thought this was resolved with the dedicated servers? Why the fuck did I just get booted (as Jason) because the host quit? 

Edited by HaHaTrumpWon
Added video.

29 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I thought this was resolved with the dedicated servers? Why the fuck did I just get booted (as Jason) because the host quit?

Good question...

27 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

I remember hearing there are a certain amount of dedicated servers.

And *I* remember hearing that the only way the round will end early is if Jason leaves. Seeing as how I was Jason that round, I call total bullshit.

55 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

I remember hearing there are a certain amount of dedicated servers.

I've heard similar chatter on the subject. This sounds like a good question for the developers.

41 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

And *I* remember hearing that the only way the round will end early is if Jason leaves. Seeing as how I was Jason that round, I call total bullshit.

Call it like you see it.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I've heard similar chatter on the subject. This sounds like a good question for the developers.

Call it like you see it.

Honestly, it's not that big of an issue when you factor in who made this game.

4 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

This happens all the time in the EU I am still uncertain there is any dedicated servers here still p2p only

I'm on eu and have never seen it happen once. 

@HaHaTrumpWon, More than likely you were in a p2p lobby. I have had it happen quite a few times to me in the past couple months. I always make sure when I go into a lobby now it says official servers, if it doesn’t I back out and try again. 

Its kinda hard to believe with the dwindling playerbase that they still don't have enough dedicated servers for what's left.

Crazy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@HaHaTrumpWon, More than likely you were in a p2p lobby. I have had it happen quite a few times to me in the past couple months. I always make sure when I go into a lobby now it says official servers, if it doesn’t I back out and try again. 

That may have been the case. It doesn't happen often but there have been times where I got dropped into what appeared to be a private match (the red mask icon was showing on one of the players) instead of the QP lobby.

tyrant666, what dwindling player base? There are tons of people still playing this game (at least on PS4). It's harder for me to find a lobby that's NOT full than it is to find a full one. 

Just now, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That may have been the case. It doesn't happen often but there have been times where I got dropped into what appeared to be a private match (the red mask icon was showing on one of the players) instead of the QP lobby.

@tyrant666 What dwindling player base? There are tons of people still playing this game (at least on PS4). It's harder for me to find a lobby that's NOT full than it is to find a full one. 

Ah my mistake. I play on PC. I know more play on consoles.

PC is pretty dead, but we have dedicated servers regardless.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Ah my mistake. I play on PC. I know more play on consoles.

PC is pretty dead, but we have dedicated servers regardless.

In fairness, even on consoles you start running into the same people you just played with a couple of days ago. That's partially why I was glad when October ended; no more endless lobbies full of 12 year olds who've been playing for only a couple of weeks but still tell other players how bad they suck at playing.

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Honestly, it's not that big of an issue when you factor in who made this game.

No comment...

4 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Lucky you

Lucky or maybe it just doesn't happen 'all the time'.