bryanp3692

What the hell is going on with this game ?

Every game i play is filled with screaming 10 yr old , Jason teams , guys crying because you stalk and shift kill, guys committing suicide before you get them . I can go on and on , great game the players are killing it .  PS: Im new to online games , maybe this is the norm.  

• Haha 1

Part of it is your typical toxic playerbase, before and after the veterans and new players come and go.

The other part of it is lack of dedication from the powers that be to fix the game in meaningful and working ways.

Also...the holidays are here. I wouldn't expect much of it this time of year and that's not even me making excuses for them.

They just released an update recently, but they are usually few and far between.

5 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Every game i play is filled with screaming 10 yr old , Jason teams , guys crying because you stalk and shift kill, guys committing suicide before you get them . I can go on and on , great game the players are killing it .  PS: Im new to online games , maybe this is the norm.  

Not all players are as toxic as you've experienced so far.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Also...the holidays are here. I wouldn't expect much of it this time of year and that's not even me making excuses for them.

Some people seem to struggle with the fact that companies don't necessarily work during holidays.

• Like 1

Join a club on whatever platform your on. Xbox has crystal lake maniacs and any of those offences people get banned for. 

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

You can solve half those problems by muting everyone.😉

What would you suggest for the other half of the problems? 😎

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

What would you suggest for the other half of the problems? 😎

Ummm... private matches with friends? *shrugs*

Ummm, im a bit older than you guys , I dont quite have friends that play video games , i actually hide the fact that i do from them . :)

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Welcome to the forums, @bryanp3692. What do you play on PC/Console, maybe a few members here would join you?

I’m on PS4 same name and spelling, send me an invite if that what you play on.

PS4, im under my handle as well . 

6 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

You can solve half those problems by muting everyone.😉

That actually only solved one of them not half. thank you for the advice on this topic.

13 hours ago, Vendredi13 said:

Don't forget the player quit before Jason finish his kill it...

Haha I love when I grab someone and they quit and Jason’s just standing there performing the kill on the air.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

PS4, im under my handle as well . 

If you're on ps4, check out the F13 club on there. I believe it's the Crystal lake employment agency, I'm on there as well as many other ps4 forum members. We tend to play on weekends, but you can catch a few of us during the week sometimes.

35 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

ou're on ps4, check out the F13 club on there. I believe it's the Crystal lake employment agency, I'm on there as well as many other ps4 forum members. We tend to play on weekends, but you can catch a few of us during the week sometimes.

Will do , thank you . 

Yes, I'm afraid that is indeed normal for these types of games. Lots of online multiplayer games have toxic communities, and sadly this one is no different. It's something you get used to after a while, even though it is very annoying. As others have said, one way to help is by muting other players so you can't hear them, but as for the toxic behavior, there's not really anything you can do about it, that's something we all have to put up with 😄

7 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Ummm, im a bit older than you guys , I dont quite have friends that play video games , i actually hide the fact that i do from them . :)

Private matches are not so bad when you have enough friends to play the game with... also just heading into quick play with a few friends helps to cut down on the screaming children thingy. I am on PC... but I find that playing the game later at night virtually eliminates the children from the game. I prefer heading into quick play with friends as it can be rare that I have enough people on to fill a lobby to play a proper private match, and by the time I do, it is just easier to take the lobby into quick play.
   Most online communities have their share of toxic assholes. I have played very few multiplayer games without a toxic component to the community. But there are also plenty of good people too. Add the good people to your friends list so you can easily find them again... and remember to try another lobby when you recognize the names of assholes you would rather not play with... It took me some time, but I have found a lot of friends playing this game... of varying ages. But even with a lot of friends that play the game, it does not necessarily mean there is many of them willing to play when you wish to play.

Somehow, I doubt you are older than me, but I guess anything is possible... and you shouldn't have to hide the fact you play games from your friends. As I tell my friends that have any issue with it... You cannot really say much about anything you know nothing about. If you have fun with it... more power to you. People, particularly friends, should not assume to tell anyone what they can do or not... nor what they should do, or not... After all, this game, and a great many other games are not meant for children... its just that children somehow find their way into the game anyway... probably because their parents have absolutely no idea what their kids are playing... which falls under bad parenting.

Not everyone here is as young as you might think... and age has little to do with how well you will get along with people.

Also... Welcome to the forums!

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Private matches are not so bad when you have enough friends to play the game with... also just heading into quick play with a few friends helps to cut down on the screaming children thingy. I am on PC... but I find that playing the game later at night virtually eliminates the children from the game. I prefer heading into quick play with friends as it can be rare that I have enough people on to fill a lobby to play a proper private match, and by the time I do, it is just easier to take the lobby into quick play.
   Most online communities have their share of toxic assholes. I have played very few multiplayer games without a toxic component to the community. But there are also plenty of good people too. Add the good people to your friends list so you can easily find them again... and remember to try another lobby when you recognize the names of assholes you would rather not play with... It took me some time, but I have found a lot of friends playing this game... of varying ages. But even with a lot of friends that play the game, it does not necessarily mean there is many of them willing to play when you wish to play.

Somehow, I doubt you are older than me, but I guess anything is possible... and you shouldn't have to hide the fact you play games from your friends. As I tell my friends that have any issue with it... You cannot really say much about anything you know nothing about. If you have fun with it... more power to you. People, particularly friends, should not assume to tell anyone what they can do or not... nor what they should do, or not... After all, this game, and a great many other games are not meant for children... its just that children somehow find their way into the game anyway... probably because their parents have absolutely no idea what their kids are playing... which falls under bad parenting.

Not everyone here is as young as you might think... and age has little to do with how well you will get along with people.

Also... Welcome to the forums!

I was being sarcastic about the friends thing . I did start adding friends and playing with them . Two of them play fair but let each other earn badges before they kill each other(lol) I know longer invite them . The other guy cries if he is the first guy i try to kill and ask for time to collect weapons (lol) . Im ranked 150 and have been playing a long time , its just a strange gaming world.

1 hour ago, bryanp3692 said:

I was being sarcastic about the friends thing . I did start adding friends and playing with them . Two of them play fair but let each other earn badges before they kill each other(lol) I know longer invite them . The other guy cries if he is the first guy i try to kill and ask for time to collect weapons (lol) . Im ranked 150 and have been playing a long time , its just a strange gaming world.

On ps4. I know of a few guys from forums here that still play regularly, and play a straight up good game. They are @lasse_hei @Vaderspupil and I'm redrum138 (same as here.) We're on Friday nights pretty often, and normally play at least a few hours.@NthnButAGoodTimeis the moderator of the group on ps4 we're all in, so it will be easy to get in with us. We all play straight, and fight for objectives. We only go for Jason kills if we're in QP, and the Jason is teaming.

Edited by Redrum138
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

I never feel bad about killing someone first that cries about dying first... we all die first sometimes. I will also slash people that cry about slashing and tunnel people who cry about tunneling.

There are still lots of good people out there who are actually good sports about it. I have never played on play station with our forum members... but just judging from conversations I have had with them, most of them are good people.
   And I agree... it is a strange world.... And Happy Slashing!

16 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Good answer.

4 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yes, I'm afraid that is indeed normal for these types of games. Lots of online multiplayer games have toxic communities, and sadly this one is no different. It's something you get used to after a while, even though it is very annoying. As others have said, one way to help is by muting other players so you can't hear them, but as for the toxic behavior, there's not really anything you can do about it, that's something we all have to put up with 😄

Online gaming wouldn't be so bad, if more moderation and rule enforcement was a thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Good answer.

Online gaming wouldn't be so bad, if more moderation and rule enforcement was a thing.

That's true.

17 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

That actually only solved one of them not half. thank you for the advice on this topic.

On 11/27/2018 at 4:59 PM, bryanp3692 said:

1. screaming 10 yr old

2. guys crying because you stalk and shift kill

I must suck at math, because that looks like half the problems you mentioned.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

You don't hear as much about the good within a gaming community as the bad. I've got quite the list of "asshats" that I don't play with in QP. When a name comes up on that list, I change lobbies.

You are right about age, as it has little bearing on the friendships you can make in this game. I've met a lot of decent people of all ages, and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

4 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

I must suck at math, because that looks like half the problems you mentioned.

You must really be bored man.

• Haha 1