Durandal

Ps4 Server Issues since Nov 21st

Not sure what to say. 

Havent got in a match in 6 days. 

I would say the game is dead but don’t even get to empty lobbies. 

Just get out of date client error if I leave it long enough. 

Me and two buddies looked separately for a hour yesterday not one of us got in a match. 

Helpful hints like quit the game and try again after three tries yeah that’s not a fix nor does it work 100 percent of the time. 

Man could you imagine oh your queued up for such and such a game yeah you have to try hundreds of times with quits in between for it to work. 

It's beyond a joke at this point. The last patch has fully ruined the game for ps4 users In the EU, it's as if they binned the dedicated servers altogether, QP normally puts you in a lobby by yourself after about 6-7 mins of "searching for dedicated servers"  then you just wait for it to fill up which takes ages and if you're unlucky and get put in a lobby where the host is a **** that quits once they're killed you lose all xp, kills etc, Ahhh the good old days...

ive also noticed issues with the gameplay that weren't there before the last patch, eg Jason's knifes sometimes won't damage counselors, looting drawers etc takes at least 1 sec longer than it used to, which is a potential death trap if Jason's on you and you're  looking for that pocket knife/spray etc. 

But the main issue is the matchmaking I could live with the glitches in game if that actually worked as intended, and the worst thing is the developers haven't addressed it at all, be nice if they could come out and let us know they're working on it, that it'll get fixed soon etc but for about a week now they've been dead silent. Hopefully it gets sorted soon but I won't be holding my breath. 

11 hours ago, Durandal said:

Helpful hints like quit the game and try again after three tries yeah that’s not a fix nor does it work 100 percent of the time.

Backing out and trying again isn't a fix, but it's the best suggestion given while we wait on a fix.

1 hour ago, IRA said:

But the main issue is the matchmaking I could live with the glitches in game if that actually worked as intended, and the worst thing is the developers haven't addressed it at all, be nice if they could come out and let us know they're working on it, that it'll get fixed soon etc but for about a week now they've been dead silent. Hopefully it gets sorted soon but I won't be holding my breath. 

The developers were likely silent as last week had an American holiday (Thanksgiving). They are likely back in the office by now, and looking into a fix for the matchmaking issue. We don't know how long it will take, but the sooner, the better.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:59 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

Yes, we are looking into a few things that might be causing this.

Thank you for responding.

Well I am trying to be better then most. 

But seriouslly if this was my job and it took me a week not even to communicate more then we have ideas. 

Nor any communication saying we are still aware and the problem is bigger then we first thought with daily updates.  

I would be fired. So what’s up? By the time you fix it any non US person it seems will of given up due to the lack of communication about this issue. As it seems people in the US don’t have the issue. 

Edited by Durandal
Spelling Mistakes

Not sure if latest update messed up the netcoding or if it's a server side issue but haven't been able to find any matches myself either since the latest patch. Either way hope there's a fix soon cause I want to play this so bad. Haha.

Since the last patch the game is still not working in Europe. On PS4, when I try to get into a lobby, it's search servers, find servers, search cooldown, and that's it. It's looping, than I got an error message: the client is outdated, update before joining.

Come on guys, this must be the first priority to fix..(It is only on PS4)

For those of you on ps4 that has this issue i figured i would share a trick i use to get into games faster. When you start  looking for dedicated servers wait a minute if it does not find a game cancel and do it again never let it go over 1 min. I do this and get into games fairly quick.

24 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

EU servers are working again. Thanks!

No. It is still the same. Outdated Client Error.

Damn. Today got into EU servers without a hitch. Just a while back, first time since the last patch. 

I'm done at this point. Cannot get any game in EU, the old cancelling after1-2 minutes doesn't help anymore. 

Imagine if dice or Activision made it so you couldn't log into battlefield or call of duty for over a month, this would be fixed within a day. 

Hope they get it fixed for the rest of you but it's an uninstall for me  

I'm from Brazil and it's almost impossible to find SA servers, only found them twice since this last update. I sometimes got into EU and CA servers, but after a lot of time searching for matches. And the game was great at finding game sessions before the update pf November 21st.

Hopefully it's an issue with the last update and they are gonna fix soon.

Otherwise, either they're shutting down most of the servers or suddenly a lot of people stopped playing.

Only viable option for brazilian players these days is to play private matches.

@mattshotcha

Apparently I rejoiced too soon. Tried playing again today, and back to the same shit. Just over 5 mins searching, "outdated"-message appeared and on to an empy/semi-empty p2p lobby. God damn it, fix this or give us some much needed info! I really thought you fixed this shit.

Edit. Apparently you addressed this in another thread. I just wish this gets fixed soon. Understandably it's starting to piss afew of us off... to put it mildly...

Edited by lasse_hei

17 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

@mattshotcha

Apparently I rejoiced too soon. Tried playing again today, and back to the same shit. Just over 5 mins searching, "outdated"-message appeared and on to an empy/semi-empty p2p lobby. God damn it, fix this or give us some much needed info! I really thought you fixed this shit.

Edit. Apparently you addressed this in another thread. I just wish this gets fixed soon. Understandably it's starting to piss afew of us off... to put it mildly...

I know it's frustrating. We're trying to get a status update as soon as possible. 

36 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I know it's frustrating. We're trying to get a status update as soon as possible. 

Thanks for info, and thank you very much for actively responding to other issues also. That means alot.

• Like 1

Have to say I was rusty as a century old nail but for the first time in weeks got hooked up to dedicated servers. 

And man heard a person die last night like I have never heard before. Me and my buddy where like did you just hear that!!!