heyday

Just played game for first time in months

Still just as glitchy as i left it, firecrackers don’t work, glitched out kills when playing as jason, framerate issues, complete game failure, terrible perks (some of the best ones are awful), etc...

But hey, at least we have dedicated servers after years of begging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Wtf, normally I’d say, welcome to the forums but really if that’s all you came to say, gtfo.

Go be negative elsewhere....

“I swear mods, if you’re reading this that was as nice as I could be.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What's your point here? To whine? Really, this game is not nearly as fucked up as before. Yeah, it's far from perfect. But, there are many of us still playing and enjoying our time. Thanks for your opinion, duly forgotten. NEXT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the trolls in the game are coming into the forums. 

What did you seriously hope to accomplish from your post @heyday?

If you’re that unhappy with the game, move on, no need to whine to people about it with a “look at me, I need attention” post. 

• Like 1

In before lock...

13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

“I swear mods, if you’re reading this that was as nice as I could be.”

The mods haven't been around as much. No one's cleaning up double posts, off topic threads, or anything.

12 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

If you’re that unhappy with the game, move on, no need to whine to people about it with a “look at me, I need attention” post. 

File the thread under the "Looking for Likes" category.

12 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I think hes happy with the dedicated servers. Glass half full... 😂

It's good to find a positive in there somewhere. The glass could have been empty.

11 hours ago, RichWalk9891 said:

Jeez, some of the responses towards the OP here are uncalled for.

That's a risk with every post made.

14 hours ago, heyday said:

Still just as glitchy as i left it, firecrackers don’t work, glitched out kills when playing as jason, framerate issues, complete game failure, terrible perks (some of the best ones are awful), etc...

The game has its problems. If it bothers you, take another break, and try back in the future.

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The mods haven't been around as much. No one's cleaning up double posts, off topic threads, or anything.

Oh I’m aware, I’ve been addressing them indirectly like that for a few days now. I do sometimes see their names at the bottom but they seem to have drifted away. 

It’s fine I’ll just play sheriff till they come back. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Oh I’m aware, I’ve been addressing them indirectly like that for a few days now. I do sometimes see their names at the bottom but they seem to have drifted away. 

It’s fine I’ll just play sheriff till they come back. 

I guess you'll be deputizing members, and form a good ol' posse to keep the peace.

• Like 1

Agreed. I have come across so many bugs the last couple of weeks (I have died a good amount of times because of the bugs). Here are just a few that I have encountered: Car flying through the air (sometimes falling through the map as well), can't swing weapon or interact with anything, floating after climbing through window. I have encountered more bugs that I did not mention, but I feel these are the most game breaking  ones. 

37 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

Agreed. I have come across so many bugs the last couple of weeks (I have died a good amount of times because of the bugs). Here are just a few that I have encountered: Car flying through the air (sometimes falling through the map as well), can't swing weapon or interact with anything, floating after climbing through window. I have encountered more bugs that I did not mention, but I feel these are the most game breaking  ones. 

I have yet to see a flying car in this game. It makes me think of Back to the Future: Part 2. It does suck when you lose due to an random bug.

12 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game has always been and will forever be a beloved shelter animal with one eye and three legs. But we love it anyway. So go away and leave my tripod alone. 

PERFECTLY SAID!!!! 

The game is what it is and I have enjoyed it even with bugs and glitches. Sure some can be frustrating and game breaking (looking at you rubber banding car glitch from last December) but the time I’ve spent playing the game with friends I’d never ever change. Like @Alien_Number_Six said it’s like a “beloved shelter animal with one eye and three legs”. Perfect statement on how the game is.

I stopped playing for about two months and just started playing again and I have encountered little to no glitches. It is in a much better place than it was last year this time, gameplay wise.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

This game has always been and will forever be a beloved shelter animal with one eye and three legs. But we love it anyway. So go away and leave my tripod alone. 

This could explain why I like this game so much... I always had a soft spot for 'shelter animals'.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I stopped playing for about two months and just started playing again and I have encountered little to no glitches. It is in a much better place than it was last year this time, gameplay wise.

I have to agree with you. The game is way better now than it has been in the past. Although I do see 'stuff' now and again, it is few and far between now.
    I did have a dancing trap glitch in a game the other night... the trap icon was dancing around on Jason's map... and the trap moved from outside the shack door... to just inside the shack... I suspect the trap was not visible by the comment made by my friend who stepped in it, but he has not gotten back to me on that to confirm. This is a new one, or at least I had never seen it before... but have still only seen it happen once.

On 11/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, heyday said:

Guys, I know I take every opportunity to shit on Ill/Gun for the numerous fuck-ups they've made with this game, but I'm going to say this anyway: There are some times when I still, even with as long as this game has been out, have to put the controller down and just sit here thinking "I'm actually playing as Jason Voorhees in a Friday the 13th game.... this shit is awesome!" 

This game may be a deformed shelter pet, but it's OUR deformed shelter pet. If you dislike it that much, the Dead By Daylight Shelter is just down the road.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

This game may be a deformed shelter pet, but it's OUR deformed shelter pet. If you dislike it that much, the Dead By Daylight Shelter is just down the road.

What if I wanted to be apart of both shelters though xD

Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

What if I wanted to be apart of both shelters though xD

Then you're a traitor... obviously.

• Haha 1

I'm all for justified criticism, so long as it's constructive criticism. I've given Gun and Illfonic crap in the past for their botched handling of things, but I've always tried (not necessarily successfully) to give my criticism with some suggestions to improve where I felt they feel down. I fail to see the point in making a forum account just to complain about some glitches. 

As a side note people weren't begging for dedicated servers for years since the game isn't years old.

13 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Guys, I know I take every opportunity to shit on Ill/Gun for the numerous fuck-ups they've made with this game, but I'm going to say this anyway: There are some times when I still, even with as long as this game has been out, have to put the controller down and just sit here thinking "I'm actually playing as Jason Voorhees in a Friday the 13th game.... this shit is awesome!" 

This is why we accept you, and why you’re part of the community. You may bitch and moan but always from the same place as the rest of us. Also you make me laugh more than I’d like to admit but that’s my personal reason for giving you the space to be you.

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'm all for justified criticism, so long as it's constructive criticism. I've given Gun and Illfonic crap in the past for their botched handling of things, but I've always tried (not necessarily successfully) to give my criticism with some suggestions to improve where I felt they feel down. I fail to see the point in making a forum account just to complain about some glitches. 

As a side note people weren't begging for dedicated servers for years since the game isn't years old.

I'm in the same camp as you. Make a genuine constructive criticism, rather than a meaningless rant.

Constructive Criticism (The meal is slightly overcooked.)

Meaningless Rant (This meal is crap.)

30 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If switching between two games I love make me traitor then so be it 🤷🏼‍♂️

You're not a traitor, but a double agent. There's a big difference.

Outside of the interaction lock happening at least once or twice every single match, I haven't encountered any other glitches in a while. I have seen people get into exploit spots, but my personal experience with bugs is limited to interaction locks. As for terrible perks... Lol just lol. Most are pretty bad, but try facing a group of 7 counselors all running thick skinned and medic.

58 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

If switching between two games I love make me traitor then so be it 🤷🏼‍♂️

You DO realize I'm just screwing with you, right?