Roy

+ Better overall mobility

+ Can Run

- Extremely Weak Up Close

Part 6

+ Better Shift

+ More Sense

- Less Map Mobility

Its a toss up. I've seen both clean house routinely and seen both fail miserably. Depends on the player obviously.

Roy was my main until combat quick block got taken out. now he just gets beat on too much. Switched main to pt3. I never liked part6. On big maps he is at a severe disadvantage as morph regen takes forever..

• Like 1

Roy is definitely more friendly to use, despite being abysmal up close.

With Part 6, you better know what your gonna do with every Morph. Moreover, its important that you get kills in that location once you get Shift, otherwise you'll be chasing the whole game.

My main is part 6, so I believe I now have a "feel" for how he plays. I do occasionally play as part 5 Roy though, and I do think he plays well. So as far as part 6 goes in my experience, I've had games with him where I absolutely clean the lobby out with little trouble, and I've also had games with him where I've only managed to get a couple kills if I'm lucky. In my experience, it mainly comes down to the type of players you're dealing with. If they're trolls or just really good counselors, you'll have a hard time, but if they're newer players, or even veteran players who just don't take as many risks, it can be pretty easy to get those kills.

9 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

My main is part 6, so I believe I now have a "feel" for how he plays. I do occasionally play as part 5 Roy though, and I do think he plays well. So as far as part 6 goes in my experience, I've had games with him where I absolutely clean the lobby out with little trouble, and I've also had games with him where I've only managed to get a couple kills if I'm lucky. In my experience, it mainly comes down to the type of players you're dealing with. If they're trolls or just really good counselors, you'll have a hard time, but if they're newer players, or even veteran players who just don't take as many risks, it can be pretty easy to get those kills.

I agree, and that can be applied to just about any Jason. Ive had some tuff times in some matches and have cleaned house in others. Sometimes its just the luck of the draw of where things fall on the map. Last night i had a lobby of 150s and was Jason. Map was pinehurst and car spawned right next to phone house. They had no chance. 😁

Roy is better IMO, he has normal shift, sense, and morph. And his stalk is great. I think he's the fastest "Jason" that runs, unfortunately... (part 4 should be) And if you use his knives in combos during melee he can still hurt up close. His mask pops off super fast, just like 6. Part 6 has plus shift, but with his abysmal morph regeneration you'll have to shift to get around more. Not Roy, he can use that shift to get in a melee strike. Followed by a TK, then get block up before they counter. Roy is better than part 6 for those reasons, in my opinion.

• Like 2

Depends on the Map. Pinehurst, Jarvis House, or Packanack Small, I'd give Part 6 the advantage since the first two are difficult to get anything going on, and Packanack Small since Part 6 can Shift basically across the map. Crystal Lake Small is a toss up depending on where objective items spawn. The other maps I would say Roy has an advantage on, so I say Roy overall. I prefer to use Part 6 though, I can work around -Morph quite easily.

I don't usually play either. If I had to pick one I'd say part 5. His weaknesses aren't really painful and his strengths are decent. Part 6 is also good but that minus morph just kills me. My opinion is probably also based on not really valuing plus shift as much as others do.

@tyrant666 as an aside, I've really enjoyed this topics you have been posting lately. 

• Like 1

Choice between shifting more or teleporting more frequent.  To me they are about the same, but I do like the spear. If I have weapon swap then I'd go with Roy, since I prioritize looking for the Tommy radio game start.

I personally think Roy is far better. Not really a big fan of 6 because -Morph is a really bad weakness.

I use #6 almost exclusively. Roy isn't even the real Jason Voorhees, so fuck him. Granted, with #6 you do have to be careful about where and when you Morph. It really blows to hear a car being repaired at the beginning of the match, take a guess at which one it is, Morph over, and discover you're wrong. If Shift hasn't come online yet, you are NOT getting to that other car in time to stop them (unless the counselor doing the repairs is the worst player of all time and even then it's a gamble).

On 11/27/2018 at 9:20 AM, ProPlaya10 said:

No contest.Part 6 is better,and I’d even argue he had the better map mobility.

Depends on what you mean by “map mobility”. Part 6 has a great shift but that morph cooldown is SLOW as hell. He can shift around but if car parts are being put in and phone is both going off then he won’t be able to stop the objectives as well as Part 2. Part 2 arguably has better map pressure and map control due to a great morph AND 7 traps being able to stop objectives.

To answer the question though, Part 6 is hands down better than Roy.

18 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Depends on what you mean by “map mobility”. Part 6 has a great shift but that morph cooldown is SLOW as hell. He can shift around but if car parts are being put in and phone is both going off then he won’t be able to stop the objectives as well as Part 2. Part 2 arguably has better map pressure and map control due to a great morph AND 7 traps being able to stop objectives.

To answer the question though, Part 6 is hands down better than Roy.

I was about to call you out for bringing up P2,who has no relevance to the post,but you saved me.I agree with your post though.His morph is horrible,and he can’t run like RB.However,his +shift and average water speed AND a plus shift makes him solid.

26 minutes ago, ProPlaya10 said:

I was about to call you out for bringing up P2,who has no relevance to the post,but you saved me.I agree with your post though.His morph is horrible,and he can’t run like RB.However,his +shift and average water speed AND a plus shift makes him solid.

Part 6 losses the map mobility part. Minus morph, plus shift, and walking vs. Neutral stats with running gives part 5 the edge in map mobility. 

For everything else the two are a wash with neither having a real advantage over the other. Plus sense and plus stalk aren't really that impactful of strengths. They are equally easy to demask so no advantage there.

In the end it comes down to do you feel the plus shift makes up for minus morph. For me it's a definite no. But to each their own.