Jason is a complete badass. Or, was. Playing as Jason isn't very fun. I love playing counselor, but having so much rage when playing Jason just isn't okay in my opinion. I suggest you buff Jason's Weapon swing and add a little bit of damage to both weapon swing and pocket knife damage. I also think that making pocket knives spawn less would be in the interest of the Jason. Another idea that would make people playing Jason stop hating on playing Jason is to stop the counselors stunning Jason during Jason's weapon swing. I feel these things would make Jason more fun to play, and hope he is tweaked with this suggestion in mind.

• Like 2

I noticed that with this latest patch that broke more things than it fixed, Jason’s speed is slower... slower running, slower animations, slower grab(which sucks anyway), every patch seems to nerf Jason more

• Like 1

There are only 3 pocket knives not including Tommy. There use to be as many as 6 or more a couple patches ago. I agree though that Jason needs a buff in certain areas. Seems no one can agree on how to do it  without the people who prefer to play counselor crying on here demanding nerfs to Jason.

I agree with the less pocket knives. Also, one major issue I have with Jason that needs to cease is the fact that if Jason is mid-animation (grabbing, swinging weapon, raging through door), he is completely open to attacks. Whereas if counsellors are mid-animation (climbing/diving through window, getting in or out of car, etc.), they are totally immune to any attack on them. Makes no sense.

Also, his grab window is far too small. Being a mere millimetre of the extremely precise mark and you've opened yourself up for a free hit. I've seen so many counsellors right straight through Jason's hand, it is baffling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technollogee said:

Jason is a complete badass. Or, was. Playing as Jason isn't very fun. I love playing counselor, but having so much rage when playing Jason just isn't okay in my opinion. I suggest you buff Jason's Weapon swing and add a little bit of damage to both weapon swing and pocket knife damage. I also think that making pocket knives spawn less would be in the interest of the Jason. Another idea that would make people playing Jason stop hating on playing Jason is to stop the counselors stunning Jason during Jason's weapon swing. I feel these things would make Jason more fun to play, and hope he is tweaked with this suggestion in mind.

I think Jason needs more of a rework, rather than a buff. Buffing Jason is a quick fix, while reworking him would be better for balance.

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

I noticed that with this latest patch that broke more things than it fixed, Jason’s speed is slower... slower running, slower animations, slower grab(which sucks anyway), every patch seems to nerf Jason more

It would be interesting to see someone post a video on Youtube that shows the gradual nerfing of Jason.

39 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

There are only 3 pocket knives not including Tommy. There use to be as many as 6 or more a couple patches ago. I agree though that Jason needs a buff in certain areas. Seems no one can agree on how to do it  without the people who prefer to play counselor crying on here demanding nerfs to Jason.

Balance means different things to different people. Not everyone agrees on how many knives. Some say 4 is too many. Some say 4 is not enough. Some say 4 is just right. How many knives is enough? The world may never know. File this in the same cabinet as the Tootsie Pop questions.

38 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

I agree with the less pocket knives. Also, one major issue I have with Jason that needs to cease is the fact that if Jason is mid-animation (grabbing, swinging weapon, raging through door), he is completely open to attacks. Whereas if counsellors are mid-animation (climbing/diving through window, getting in or out of car, etc.), they are totally immune to any attack on them. Makes no sense.

Also, his grab window is far too small. Being a mere millimetre of the extremely precise mark and you've opened yourself up for a free hit. I've seen so many counsellors right straight through Jason's hand, it is baffling.

Jason must be like the Martian Manhunter if he is able to phase through counselors..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrasher said:

Whereas if counsellors are mid-animation (climbing/diving through window, getting in or out of car, etc.), they are totally immune to any attack on them. Makes no sense.

Jason can slash counselors as they start to climb to cancel it out.  If they dive though it, you can break the window with combat stance attack (this requires practice) and then throw a knife at the moment they recover to instantly cripple.  If you are far away, you can still chuck a knife at them, or at least break the window with the knife to cause 20% damage.  Check out the Videos that @Tommy86 posted in the Playbook Topic.

2 hours ago, Technollogee said:

Jason is a complete badass. Or, was. Playing as Jason isn't very fun.

Playing Jason is only as fun if matched with players of similar skill.  If counselors are using advance "tricks", you too as Jason will need to know advance "tricks".  Playing Jason is a blast for me. 

I'm just about done with this game now and about to move on, but I may sometime soon make a Jason Combat Video to help all Jasons deal with common counselor tactics, if I ever stop being lazy :P.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Jason can slash counselors as they start to climb to cancel it out.  If they dive though it, you can break the window with combat stance attack (this requires practice) and then throw a knife at the moment they recover to instantly cripple.  If you are far away, you can still chuck a knife at them, or at least break the window with the knife to cause 20% damage.  Check out the Videos that @Tommy86 posted in the Playbook Topic.

Playing Jason is only as fun if matched with players of similar skill.  If counselors are using advance "tricks", you too as Jason will need to know advance "tricks".  Playing Jason is a blast for me. 

I'm just about done with this game now and about to move on, but I may sometime soon make a Jason Combat Video to help all Jasons deal with common counselor tactics, if I ever stop being lazy :P.

I'm looking forward to that video.

• Thanks 1

Buff Jason. His grab is terrible. And why is it even when you time it perfectly to grab someone at the window he will miss 90% of the time? His speed is terrible, even as a human. He's at a complete disadvantage. He is open to all attacks. This game is very broken for Jason players. 

They'll never do anything though because they simply don't care anymore. 

13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

11 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm looking forward to that video.

As am I.

22 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I think you should know that I would be very disappointed if you left. I’m not trying to guilt you, I just think that you’re a valuable member of the community, @Tommy86 is too. I’m not very good at this, so I’ll keep it short but we all fill our spots, you’re not replaceable and you should know that I think that.

Jason definitely need a re-work. He's not as strong as he used to be, and it's hindering the main point of the game: to escape or survive the night before Jason kills you. Jason being this easy to handle with a group of well-organized Counselors doesn't help the immersion that Jason is force to be reckoned with.

On 11/26/2018 at 2:06 AM, GeneiJin said:

It's great that there are ways to work around this, and believe me I know them, but my point is that shouldn't be the case. Plus, the window grab only works if they are just climbing through the window. You only get about one second before they are magically immune to being grabbed, despite being only halfway through the window.

Yeah, buff Jason and I and many others would salivate at how quickly we'd wipe lobbies. 

Jason doesn't need a buff, he's fine how he is but there could be some small tweaks to balance things out and no stun resistance isn't one of them.  One tweak would be not putting him on the drivers mini-map for as long as said driver wants to take a stroll around the camp.  Another tweak would be getting stalk a little earlier in the match as stalk allows for the best plays in the game. 

And less pocket knives?  There's a total of 3 available for counselors to find on each map, 4 if you include Tommy's.  Pocket knives are fine. 

• Like 1

Maybe the pocket knives thing is a little overboard, but I think asking for counselors to not be able to stun Jason mid grab or swing wouldn't be too much. I think a few second cool down for the swing a grab would be a wonderful addition, as it wouldn't scare counselors to hit him if he swings and misses.

15 hours ago, americanalien said:

I think it's as balanced as it's going to get. You guys talk about all these changes, but nearly all of them would make the game worse. 

We'll never know, as the lawsuit ties the hands of the developers.

There could be a balance change here and there, but it's gonna be more fixes of bugs than anything else.

On 26 November 2018 at 10:00 AM, Technollogee said:

Yes there's nothing more better then a 8 man gang bang surrounding you and hunting you and killing you every game. I call them the community killers. Everytime a game is near its end most the pro players are more easily found and people who know each other. This creates a big annoyance and hope Jason's is buffed to do something better when being teamed and being forced to actually run away...... It should be possible to apply some effect when multiple counsellors are near, like brutal strength, you have more durability and melee damage. Yes I stole the name from dbd. It would be cool if there was no saving someone if their gabbed too. If people are swarming you maybe you should have a resistance to interruptions while grabbing, so the game doesn't make you run away.

but no dev really cares anymore to be honest. It's so unlikely I think they ever will do anything. They have had years to do something and didn't do anything then either, so we live in a fantasy. I think counsellors are made to be more op so the games more fun, because who cares about 1 persons fun when there's 8 others. Since day 1 I was bullying him with teams and that's when Jason wasn't nerfed to the ground.

On 26 November 2018 at 10:07 AM, NytmereZ said:

I have been furniture running Jason hours on end and can guarantee at least for me the running is the same. Also no difference in swinging and everything else except grabbing. The grab feels smaller ranged because it is and might be slower possibly, that still might be due to a nerf a while ago that I didn't test. I haven't kept track of when balances were released. Didn't try Jason for a few months and only started for a couple days not long ago and now quit again.

3 hours ago, Dynamic skills7 said:

Yes there's nothing more better then a 8 man gang bang surrounding you and hunting you and killing you every game. I call them the community killers. Everytime a game is near its end most the pro players are more easily found and people who know each other. This creates a big annoyance and hope Jason's is buffed to do something better when being teamed and being forced to actually run away...... It should be possible to apply some effect when multiple counsellors are near, like brutal strength, you have more durability and melee damage. Yes I stole the name from dbd. It would be cool if there was no saving someone if their gabbed too. If people are swarming you maybe you should have a resistance to interruptions while grabbing, so the game doesn't make you run away.

but no one really cares anymore to be honest. It's so unlikely I think they ever will do anything. They have had years to do something and didn't do anything then either, so we live in a fantasy. I think counsellors are made to be more op so the games more fun, because who cares about 1 persons fun when there's 8 others. Since day 1 I was bullying him with teams and that's when Jason wasn't nerfed to the ground.

Wouldn't it be more of a seven person beat down instead of 8? Only 7 counselors are in at a time .

I won't say "no one cares". Many people here (myself included) care about the state of the game. Read through many of the posts here. People are openly discussing their views and wishes for changes to come. Sometimes they butt heads with their views, but they care somewhat. Maybe changes will come, or maybe they won't. Only time will tell.

A lot of us feel that Jason needs some improvements to make him an awesome killing machine again.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Wouldn't it be more of a seven person beat down instead of 8? Only 7 counselors are in at a time .

I won't say "no one cares". Many people here (myself included) care about the state of the game. Read through many of the posts here. People are openly discussing their views and wishes for changes to come. Sometimes they butt heads with their views, but they care somewhat. Maybe changes will come, or maybe they won't. Only time will tell.

A lot of us feel that Jason needs some improvements to make him an awesome killing machine again.

Oops I mean 7 then. I swear there was 8 though, I must be tripping.

i meant the devs don't care, I edited the other comment to reflect that. I'm sure everyone in the community almost wants Jason to be better.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:41 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you should know that I would be very disappointed if you left. I’m not trying to guilt you, I just think that you’re a valuable member of the community, @Tommy86 is too. I’m not very good at this, so I’ll keep it short but we all fill our spots, you’re not replaceable and you should know that I think that.

Thanks for your kind words.  I've gotten the point of diminishing returns w/ the game and already started playing other.  I'll be here from time to time though to say whats up ;)

• Like 1

Good points here. I´ve made a few minor suggestions over the past months, but one thing I forgot was the fact that mostly when your in the car (or boat), you almost always see the Jason - icon on your minimap. Why is this? Even if you put stalk on, the driver still sees the icon as Jason is starting to shift. Jason should definately not be visible on the map, gives too much of an advantage for the driver. Especially for the good ones. Btw. I wonder, when this even implemented? Once upon a time it wasn't like that.