Best Connor

Public Games – Jason Killing

I party up with a handful of friends, and we try to kill Jason. That is our calling. Jason killing. We succeed about once every four or five games. Nothing is more satisfying than getting that Jason kill as a bunch of Vanessas and Chads and Buggzys.

But nothing is LESS satisfying than knocking Jason's mask off, forcing the internet stranger who is Tommy Jarvis to pick up a machete, using the sweater, knocking Jason to his knees, and then having the stranger Tommy Jarvis with the machete have no idea what to do because the game doesn't give new players any instructions about this aspect of the game. All this stranger had to do was run to the right spot and hit "X." We guided him all the way there, and if I could force feed that horse water I would. Not telling new players how to kill Jason with in-game tutorials or tool-tips or guides doesn't make the game more intriguing; it makes it frustrating as hell when anyone who isn't part of your friend group becomes Tommy Jarvis and doesn't know how to play the game. Please add some kind of instructions for Tommy Jarvis for new players so they know how to kill Jason. If killing Jason is too easy, then the game mechanics should change to make it harder; the game shouldn't just arbitrarily hide game mechanics from new players.

• Haha 1

To be fair, Jason killing was supposed to be a rare occurrence. We weren't even supposed to know how to defeat him when the game came out, but somehow that got leaked.

• Like 1

Killing Jason has actually become just as easy as escaping with a good team.Shouldn't be happening IMO. To make it harder to do? Many topics on here about that where it seems nobody can agree on how to either buff him or nerf the counselors. Taking away the ability to free stun him  coming out of any animation would help some. Combat stance doesn't work like it did back in the day either.

• Thanks 1

While I share your frustration when that happens. It's easy enough to get the kill. If you want to avoid the risk of having a noob Tommy have one of your crew suicide at the start. While I don't care for or agree with that tactic, it will mitigate some of the risk to your plan. 

20 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

To be fair, Jason killing was supposed to be a rare occurrence. We weren't even supposed to know how to defeat him when the game came out, but somehow that got leaked.

That's the beauty of the internet. How to do something is much easier to find on here, than to figure it out with trial and error.

16 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Killing Jason has actually become just as easy as escaping with a good team.Shouldn't be happening IMO. To make it harder to do? Many topics on here about that where it seems nobody can agree on how to either buff him or nerf the counselors. Taking away the ability to free stun him  coming out of any animation would help some. Combat stance doesn't work like it did back in the day either.

The community will never fully agree on a practical solution to the problem. A lot of good suggestions have been made, but for every one that is suggested, there's a portion of the community those opposes said idea.

45 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

While I share your frustration when that happens. It's easy enough to get the kill. If you want to avoid the risk of having a noob Tommy have one of your crew suicide at the start. While I don't care for or agree with that tactic, it will mitigate some of the risk to your plan. 

I've run into a bunch of people lately that want to kill Jason. I'll walk them through the steps, and let them have at it. If it's a pretty decent Jason, I'll help them get the kill. If it's a newer player as Jason, I'll stay out of it, as it feels like bullying, and I'm not about that.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I've run into a bunch of people lately that want to kill Jason. I'll walk them through the steps, and let them have at it. If it's a pretty decent Jason, I'll help them get the kill. If it's a newer player as Jason, I'll stay out of it, as it feels like bullying, and I'm not about that.

That's a basically my approach. I don't care for killing low level Jasons. I haven't had people asking for my advice as to how to kill him yet though.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:14 AM, Best Connor said:

I party up with a handful of friends, and we try to kill Jason. That is our calling. Jason killing. We succeed about once every four or five games. Nothing is more satisfying than getting that Jason kill as a bunch of Vanessas and Chads and Buggzys.

But nothing is LESS satisfying than knocking Jason's mask off, forcing the internet stranger who is Tommy Jarvis to pick up a machete, using the sweater, knocking Jason to his knees, and then having the stranger Tommy Jarvis with the machete have no idea what to do because the game doesn't give new players any instructions about this aspect of the game. All this stranger had to do was run to the right spot and hit "X." We guided him all the way there, and if I could force feed that horse water I would. Not telling new players how to kill Jason with in-game tutorials or tool-tips or guides doesn't make the game more intriguing; it makes it frustrating as hell when anyone who isn't part of your friend group becomes Tommy Jarvis and doesn't know how to play the game. Please add some kind of instructions for Tommy Jarvis for new players so they know how to kill Jason. If killing Jason is too easy, then the game mechanics should change to make it harder; the game shouldn't just arbitrarily hide game mechanics from new players.

I can only imagine your frustration at failing to do something that is so easy to do.

"Forcing the internet stranger" as you put it is probably your biggest problem... perhaps you should try asking politely... Also, if you know you have a noob as Tommy, perhaps you should explain what he needs to do to pull off the kill... before you get to the sweater stun.
   There will also be times that the person playing Tommy has absolutely no desire to kill Jason... That is their choice to make, not yours... but asking politely can be enough to change the mind of players like this too.

Also... do not try to force a horse to drink water. Forcing any animal to do something they do not want to do is... cruelty to animals.

Funny enough i was in a match last week as jason and ran into a pretty good group. I fended off the phone box and killed a couple of them but lost my mask in the process. I then was stuck between going to defend the shack and the phone. Eventually failed at both but a new player spawned in as tommy. These guys were begging him to come help kill me and he had no clue. It was kinda satisfying to kill them and then let Tommy escape in the end.. Haha

On 11/25/2018 at 12:20 AM, aurllcooljay said:

Gun was so naive they thought people wouldn't be able to figure out the ridiculously easy kill conditions and exploit it.

Just like how they didn't think people would be able to hack Savini Jason game files. 

Or how to use a hex editor to remove their salt points. 

Or would abuse the team-killing mechanic. 

Or rushed to release a game still filled with bugs and exploits, and thought f13 fanboys would keep them afloat.

Or still failed to patch the aim-sliding glitch/exploit that has been in game since at least the May patch:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/thatguyinktown/video/64551654

For being a 7 year old company with 3 games released prior to this one, Gun certainly seems to act brand new...

On 11/26/2018 at 12:41 AM, thrawn3054 said:

That's a basically my approach. I don't care for killing low level Jasons. I haven't had people asking for my advice as to how to kill him yet though.

It'll happen, sooner or later. For those that don't consider going to Youtube, they'll just ask around. I find that true in the much younger crowd.

So do we know how the Jason killing info got leaked? It had to be from an inside guy, because there's no way regular players could have figured it out so fast without help. Here's my experience with it:

About a week after the game came out, we were in a match and somehow got into discussing how there was a way to defeat Jason, although none of us knew how. Then the guy playing Jason in the match claims to have seen a video of a Jason kill and knew the steps. So we friended each other and tried match after match, but it took us several hours altogether to finally get a Jason kill, and that was with the Jason player allowing us to. There were some problems, such as not being able to knock Jason to his knees, but that was only half of it. Somehow we missed the very last step, pressing the interact button as Tommy. Instead we thought Tommy had to attack Jason. So there's no way anyone could have figured out all the steps in such a short time without any inside help.

2 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

So do we know how the Jason killing info got leaked? It had to be from an inside guy, because there's no way regular players could have figured it out so fast without help. Here's my experience with it:

About a week after the game came out, we were in a match and somehow got into discussing how there was a way to defeat Jason, although none of us knew how. Then the guy playing Jason in the match claims to have seen a video of a Jason kill and knew the steps. So we friended each other and tried match after match, but it took us several hours altogether to finally get a Jason kill, and that was with the Jason player allowing us to. There were some problems, such as not being able to knock Jason to his knees, but that was only half of it. Somehow we missed the very last step, pressing the interact button as Tommy. Instead we thought Tommy had to attack Jason. So there's no way anyone could have figured out all the steps in such a short time without any inside help.

Unless the party who leaked the information reveals themselves, we'll probably never know.

I wonder if adding mothers machete would count as new content, a specific weapon could be added to the kill conditions. This would both prevent Tommy from doing the stun swing and make it so you have to find it on the map, which would add difficulty to the task. 

I don’t necessarily want the kill to go away, just be more difficult. I think removing it just lessens the experience.

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wonder if adding mothers machete would count as new content, a specific weapon could be added to the kill conditions. This would both prevent Tommy from doing the stun swing and make it so you have to find it on the map, which would add difficulty to the task. 

I don’t necessarily want the kill to go away, just be more difficult. I think removing it just lessens the experience.

I suppose they could just code the machete in the shack to be the only weapon able to trigger the kill.

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I suppose they could just code the machete in the shack to be the only weapon able to trigger the kill.

Yeah, I would rather it spawn elsewhere to add to the challenge but that would be fine. The no content thing makes me worried that it wouldn’t be allowed and if it was it wouldn’t even have a simple bloody/rusty skin to make it stand out. 

On a totally separate note, I wonder how the game would play if, when you pick up specific weapons you automatically went to combat stance for as long as you had it in hand. I’d want to up the walking speed of combat stance to make it more balanced but other than that I think it might be fun to try. Think of it as not being willing to run while carrying a machete or being extra cautious. 

I mean if they could add new stuff I’d want to be able to jog in CS with a weapon in hand but not sprint with it, damn new content rule. I think this would be a good way to shift the balance, but without modification and new content probably way to far. I don’t know if it would work but it would make for interesting dynamics. I got to go but I’ll explain it better if anyone wants later, I get it’s not very clear.

15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, I would rather it spawn elsewhere to add to the challenge but that would be fine. The no content thing makes me worried that it wouldn’t be allowed and if it was it wouldn’t even have a simple bloody/rusty skin to make it stand out. 

I think the one in the shack is bloody and rusty. They could just make the spawn location random. I think it would be outsideof the no new content restriction.

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think the one in the shack is bloody and rusty. They could just make the spawn location random. I think it would be outsideof the no new content restriction.

Ah, good point about the machete model being in the game already. I guess I wasn’t awake earlier, lol. 

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Ah, good point about the machete model being in the game already. I guess I wasn’t awake earlier, lol. 

I could be wrong. I'm pretty sure that it's already bloody and rusty though. I'll have to double check next time I play.

I agree that killing Jason is extremely to easy. I normally don’t go for the kill when I’m picked as Jarvis. I normally focus on objectives and try to help others make it to the cops if they have been called. But, the other night, I entered a QP match and a few of the people in the lobby were saying they wanted to kill Jason because they had never seen it before. One of the guys in the lobby said he would try, but he would need help. As it was, I was selected as Jarvis....

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Killing Jason isn't supposed to be a common occurrence, so why would they put it in tutorials as if it was?

Because it's part of the game, so a tutorial makes some sense. That said it was meant to be a hidden part of the game so I agree there should be no tutorial. 

One out of four or five? I get it every other time when I'm Tommy.  

First off all if you should play Fox. She has high strength to unmasking eady, a vagina to wear the sweater and if that fails, she has high repairs. 

Secondly, Jason kill shouldn't have a tutorial. It's a hidden trophy for a reason. Keep it hidden but make it harder to do. Give all Jason's 50% more health & give stuns dimishing effects.