Sign in to follow this  
Bignewtdawg

Latest patch broke game on ps4

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It's a holiday weekend. The earliest for a fix is likely Monday or Tuesday. That's the best case scenario.

You have two options. Wait or uninstall the game. We all know that things are not working as intended. You don't have to post about it over and over.

You don't have to justify their incompetence and lack of respect to the people who gave them money over and over

One thing I have noticed after the patch, you can tell when you are going to connect to the servers within 30 -45 seconds. When you select QP, pay attention to the top right hand corner of the screen. If it says “searching for servers” longer than 30 seconds, cancel and try again. If it changes from “searching for servers” to “checking session for room” you should connect within 15 seconds. 

I have had a couple times that no matter how many times I backed out and hit QP again, it would never change from “searching for servers.” I had to close the app and re-open and then it worked.

**Edit: this is my experience with US servers, can’t speak for other areas. 

5 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

You don't have to justify their incompetence and lack of respect to the people who gave them money over and over

So, because it's Thanksgiving weekend, and the staff are spending time with their loved ones, that translates into "lack of respect" and "incompetence"? How about looking at them as human beings, rather than machines that exist to fulfill your needs? @Dragonfire82877 has offered a suggestion that can potentially help until it is properly fixed.

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

One thing I have noticed after the patch, you can tell when you are going to connect to the servers within 30 -45 seconds. When you select QP, pay attention to the top right hand corner of the screen. If it says “searching for servers” longer than 30 seconds, cancel and try again. If it changes from “searching for servers” to “checking session for room” you should connect within 15 seconds. 

I have had a couple times that no matter how many times I backed out and hit QP again, it would never change from “searching for servers.” I had to close the app and re-open and then it worked.

**Edit: this is my experience with US servers, can’t speak for other areas. 

Thanks for the observation. It's nice to see someone offering useful insight into the problem.

This is what I was talking about:

I normally hit cancel once it hits the 30 second mark if it hasn’t changed from “searching for dedicated servers.” I let it run just past a minute in this video. If you have to cancel more than 3 times and it hasn’t worked, close the application and re-open. So far this has worked pretty good for me, hope it helps some other PS4 users out. 

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

So, because it's Thanksgiving weekend, and the staff are spending time with their loved ones, that translates into "lack of respect" and "incompetence"? How about looking at them as human beings, rather than machines that exist to fulfill your needs? @Dragonfire82877 has offered a suggestion that can potentially help until it is properly fixed.

I'm not criticizing the fact that they didn't work at thanksgiving, I'm criticizing the fact that their patches don't patch. PS4 have matchmaking problem since dedicated servers release. There have been tons of working days to fix it and the result is a patch that completely avoid some of us to play. Are we allowed and entitled to say that this is just ridiculous? 

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

I'm not criticizing the fact that they didn't work at thanksgiving, I'm criticizing the fact that their patches don't patch. PS4 have matchmaking problem since dedicated servers release. There have been tons of working days to fix it and the result is a patch that completely avoid some of us to play. Are we allowed and entitled to say that this is just ridiculous? 

Allowed yes, entitled not so much. Everyone wants a game that works. You and I are in that camp. Tomorrow is Monday. Let's keep our fingers crossed that a fix comes along to put an end to this sooner rather than later. Either way, it is what it is.

I can't get any games started either. Says " Network error : You have an outdated client and need to restart."  Tried reinstalling the game and resetting the console but that did nothing. 

Every time Jason stops the car and I get out my weapon doesn’t work. I have to spam the toggle buttons to get them to work again. It killed me once, which is just as well because it allowed me to leave the lobby full of douche bags much more interested in playing bumper cars than escaping. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Every time Jason stops the car and I get out my weapon doesn’t work. I have to spam the toggle buttons to get them to work again. It killed me once, which is just as well because it allowed me to leave the lobby full of douche bags much more interested in playing bumper cars than escaping. 

Don't be so demanding. That glitch is there for only 9 months, wait at least another year and the problem will be solved by creating other 3-4 bugs. Cross fingers!

Guess what

its still not working. 

Why is it it still not working. 

Its no longer a trump land holiday.  

In fact it’s almost a week later. 

Lets hear the justifications now 

On 11/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, Fair Play said:

So, because it's Thanksgiving weekend, and the staff are spending time with their loved ones, that translates into "lack of respect" and "incompetence"? 

If they cannot properly test for a bug this game breaking then yes, I would say that they are borderline incompetent. 

Also reading your other responses it’s clear you are nothing more than a dev apologist. 

The broken state that this patch left this game in on PS4 is unacceptable and the developers should be ashamed of themselves.

FULL STOP

at this point I would welcome a return to user hosts if it meant I could get a lobby in Qp. 

Utter incompetence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Bignewtdawg said:

If they cannot properly test for a bug this game breaking then yes, I would say that they are borderline incompetent. 

Also reading your other responses it’s clear you are nothing more than a dev apologist. 

The broken state that this patch left this game in on PS4 is unacceptable and the developers should be ashamed of themselves.

Bug testing is not as simple a process as you might think. The best games on the market get tested extensively, and bugs still get through. If a bug is game breaking, the company that makes the game works on a fix, and releases it after more testing.

What exactly is a "dev apologist"? I cannot seem to find any definition for such a term in any conventional or slang dictionary. The same holds true for "Trump Land". I can't seem to find it on a map. Also, I'm pretty sure name calling (including fake name calling) is against the rules, and unacceptable. On the subject of "unacceptable", posting 3 messages in a row in the same thread is unacceptable. @NthnButAGoodTime can enlighten you on that matter.

If you have read other responses I've made to other posts (including this one), you will note that I said a fix will come eventually. I never said it would come lightning fast. I said it could come fast. A little patience will get you a lot further in life.

Games get bugs sometimes. It sucks, but it happens. You can either accept that, or continue to rant. @ShiftySamurai has confirmed that they are aware of the bug, and are looking into it. No one except the developers know how long it will take to fix. If the state of the game still annoys you, take a longer break. Try a month or so. I'm sure RDR2 and Pokemon Let's Go will keep you entertained until then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

What exactly is a "dev apologist"? I cannot seem to find any definition for such a term in any conventional or slang dictionary. The same holds true for "Trump Land". I can't seem to find it on a map. Also, I'm pretty sure name calling (including fake name calling) is against the rules, and unacceptable. On the subject of "unacceptable", posting 3 messages in a row in the same thread is unacceable  

Apologizing for developer incompetence; fairly straightforward and obvious.

trump land is USA. You trotted out the thanksgiving argument after my initial post so it’s obvious you gotta own that for at least another 2 years. 

This game is broken on PS4 at the moment. It has been this way without any sort of official timeline or acknowledgment from any official source since this patch. That is a fact. 

I'm sure RDR2 and Pokemon Let's Go will keep you entertained until then.

Passively aggressively telling me to p!ss off and play something else while this game is broken is incredibly unhelpful. 

Bug testing is not as simple a process as you might think. The best games on the market get tested extensively, and bugs still get through. If a bug is game breaking, the company that makes the game works on a fix, and releases it after more testing.

What On the subject of "unacceptable", posting 3 messages in a row in the same thread is unacceptable. @NthnButAGoodTime can enlighten you on that matter.

If you have read other responses I've made to other posts (including this one), you will note that I said a fix will come eventually. I never said it would come lightning fast. I said it could come fast. A little patience will get you a lot further in life.

Get your admin masters to ban me then. Game is still broken and silencing me won’t change that. This has been going on for a week plus. Not acceptable. 

2 hours ago, Bignewtdawg said:

This has been going on for a week plus. Not acceptable. 

Yeah, you’re right. You posting unnecessary posts consisting of you whining and complaining like a little brat that thinks they should get what they want immediately has been going on for a week, and it is not acceptable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Get your admin masters to ban me then. Game is still broken and silencing me won’t change that. This has been going on for a week plus. Not acceptable. 

No admin, just a moderator, and I don't think anyone is calling for a ban. The rules do, however, state that you you refrain from double (or triple) posting. Rather than creating an additional post after your previous, if you have thoughts you'd like to add before someone else adds a post, you can simply use the edit function in your last post. Additionally, the rules do address the insults and generalizations of other members that you are tossing around. Please take a moment to read over the rules and adjust your future posts accordingly.

I have merged the triple posts that I saw.

10 hours ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Apologizing for developer incompetence; fairly straightforward and obvious.

trump land is USA. You trotted out the thanksgiving argument after my initial post so it’s obvious you gotta own that for at least another 2 years. 

This game is broken on PS4 at the moment. It has been this way without any sort of official timeline or acknowledgment from any official source since this patch. That is a fact. 

Passively aggressively telling me to p!ss off and play something else while this game is broken is incredibly unhelpful. 

I'm not "apologizing" for developer mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes at some point in their lives. How we deal with the mistakes of others is what defines each and every one of us as a human being. People do good things, and people make mistakes. By the way, what "good" have you done since you've been here on the forums?

I must have missed the memo about the United States of America being renamed "Trump Land". Until I get such a memo, I'll default to the proper name of the country, aka the United States of America.

I never told you to "piss off". I gave you rational options to keep yourself occupied while you patiently wait for a fix like the rest of us.

I do not control the actions of the admins, moderators, or the development team. They are free to do as they please, and whatever decisions they make, I have no choice but to accept them like anyone else here. If I couldn't, I wouldn't be here.

If you have nothing but negativity to respond with, don't bother.

On 29 November 2018 at 9:00 AM, Bignewtdawg said:

.This game is broken on PS4 at the moment. It has been this way without any sort of official timeline or acknowledgment from any official source since this patch. That is a fact. 

Yep.

1 hour ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Game is still not working.   Guess I am whining because it’s only been 4 days since I posted this fact. 

They have said they are looking into the issue and trying to correct it. So yes, since you are bringing up the fact that it is still not working although they said they were trying to correct it, you are whining. 

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They have said they are looking into the issue and trying to correct it. So yes, since you are bringing up the fact that it is still not working although they said they were trying to correct it, you are whining. 

Hi, can you point me to the post where they says this? Thanks.