Sign in to follow this  
Bignewtdawg

Latest patch broke game on ps4

I truly believe that Gun and the developers at Illfonic and now Black tower are intentionally sabotaging the game to kill it at this point....... no other online game has had the same repeated game breaking issues over and over again for a year Straight and still can’t seem to fix them with every patch released.

One step forward two steps back thanks for dedicated servers unfortunately we still have interaction locks / and waiting times that to get into a lobby that take forever! A weak ass Jason that can only kill noobs or with luck not skill....

its ridiculous !!!

where is the game testing / play testing before releasing the patch to make sure you aren’t releasing more bugs or actual fixing anything!!!  

@GunMediaHow long do you thing this game can last this way ! You can’t release content and you can’t make sure the game runs smoothly or correctly..... 

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

I'll wait for 2 minutes when I queue up and if it doesn't find a lobby I'll stop the search, wait another minute and then re-queue.  You should get a lobby within 30 seconds or so, or at least this is what works for me.  

Give it a try next time. 

However, since the dedicated servers lump people location based for games now...maybe you're just in an area where not a lot of people actually play this game.  Just adding this because it doesn't seem like you're from the US and I have no idea where you are from. 

I honesty never thought of that as a possibility.

12 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I truly believe that Gun and the developers at Illfonic and now Black tower are intentionally sabotaging the game to kill it at this point....... no other online game has had the same repeated game breaking issues over and over again for a year Straight and still can’t seem to fix them with every patch released.

its ridiculous !!!

where is the game testing / play testing before releasing the patch to make sure you aren’t releasing more bugs or actual fixing anything!!!  

@GunMediaHow long do you thing this game can last this way ! You can’t release content and you can’t make sure the game runs smoothly or correctly..... 

That's an interesting theory.

25 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That's an interesting theory.

Well, think about this.....if you can’t get into a lobby to play the game.... and stop playing because of frustration and now the developers see a lowering player base they can then justify not paying for servers anymore....effectively ending the game online which I truly believe is what they are now going for.....

( we never get known issues posts anymore and the last 2 patches don’t address any of the really problems the community has been vocal about.)

We the fans are unfortunately gluttons for punishment and are apparently harder to make us stop playing which has allowed it to still be going for this long, and hold them to their promises.

How else can the same issues be going on this long it is truly unreal that after months we have the same problems with no resolution in sight, and with every patch introduce new issues....

no one is that incompetent.

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

I'll wait for 2 minutes when I queue up and if it doesn't find a lobby I'll stop the search, wait another minute and then re-queue.  You should get a lobby within 30 seconds or so, or at least this is what works for me.  

Give it a try next time. 

However, since the dedicated servers lump people location based for games now...maybe you're just in an area where not a lot of people actually play this game.  Just adding this because it doesn't seem like you're from the US and I have no idea where you are from. 

Before the patch was as you said. We waited 2 minutes and then try again which is already a shame because we wasted a lot of time with that. Now after the patch is released it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a dedicated server. The only 2 games I've played have been with private host that left when I killed him, like the old times.

There is not justification for this. I've played to tons of videogames in my life and I've never seen so much incompetence and couldn't-care-less attitude like this one.

• Like 1

Gotta say, this update is pretty bad, and this is coming from a guy that usually defends them more often than not. It’s almost as if they just erased the last one because I experienced some bugs that I haven’t seen in months. Like how you suicide when you escape in the car. In fact it is even worse than that because in one round we didn’t even make it to the exit. The screen just went white halfway there! Also another round ended prematurely because Tommy was killed. This patch seems to be a complete backslide. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

Before the patch was as you said. We waited 2 minutes and then try again which is already a shame because we wasted a lot of time with that. Now after the patch is released it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a dedicated server. The only 2 games I've played have been with private host that left when I killed him, like the old times.

There is not justification for this. I've played to tons of videogames in my life and I've never seen so much incompetence and couldn't-care-less attitude like this one.

I'm sorry that doesn't work for you anymore, it still works on my end. 

Hopefully this gets resolved soon so you can go back to playing, but I dunno if I'd count on it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well, think about this.....if you can’t get into a lobby to play the game.... and stop playing because of frustration and now the developers see a lowering player base they can then justify not paying for servers anymore....effectively ending the game online which I truly believe is what they are now going for.....

( we never get known issues posts anymore and the last 2 patches don’t address any of the really problems the community has been vocal about.)

We the fans are unfortunately gluttons for punishment and are apparently harder to make us stop playing which has allowed it to still be going for this long, and hold them to their promises.

How else can the same issues be going on this long it is truly unreal that after months we have the same problems with no resolution in sight, and with every patch introduce new issues....

no one is that incompetent.

Until we have solid facts to say they are sabotaging their own product, it's still just a theory. The evidence does lean in that direction. If they wanted their game to end, they could just pull the plug, and not say anything when they do. Then you'd have confirmation. I think it's just bad timing, given the holiday season.

18 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Until we have solid facts to say they are sabotaging their own product, it's still just a theory. The evidence does lean in that direction. If they wanted their game to end, they could just pull the plug, and not say anything when they do. Then you'd have confirmation. I think it's just bad timing, given the holiday season.

The backlash of pulling the plug would be enormous.... killing it gradually is the only way to be able to legitimately be able to shut down servers.

Yes this is just a Theory....by a day one, every day player who has progressively found it harder to play the game and found gameplay to become buggier and seen more and more glitches introduced with each and every  patch withnot explanation as to why things don’t play as they did anymore.... or what issues are being worked on anymore either.....

communication has become terrible and now so has any enjoyment from the online portion of the game .... I have said all I want on it I am not trying to convince anyone to feel the same just want @GunMedia to know how one of if not more....of their fan/ player base feels at this point after a year and a half since the release of the game.

I truly love the core game and have been a supporter of it and the developers for a long time my patience has just worn out.

22 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The backlash of pulling the plug would be enormous.... killing it gradually is the only way to be able to legitimately be able to shut down servers.

Yes this is just a Theory....by a day one, every day player who has progressively found it harder to play the game and found gameplay to become buggier and seen more and more glitches introduced with each and every  patch withnot explanation as to why things don’t play as they did anymore.... or what issues are being worked on anymore either.....

communication has become terrible and now so has any enjoyment from the online portion of the game .... I have said all I want on it I am not trying to convince anyone to feel the same just want @GunMedia to know how one of if not more....of their fan/ player base feels at this point after a year and a half since the release of the game.

I truly love the core game and have been a supporter of it and the developers for a long time my patience has just worn out.

I enjoy the game same as you do. I just don't want to believe that they would intentionally try to phase the players out just to stop the game. We both know the game will stop eventually (all online games do). I agree that the communication could be better.

Creating a party and then matchmaking has been working better for me lately. Even if you are alone and not playing with friends, I have been getting into matches more frequently since trying that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Asking for a product to work after I’ve paid money for it is throwing a tantrum?

When you repeat the same point over and over yes. There's nothing wrong with complaining that the game isn't working. That's not the same thing as throwing up ten posts demanding they fix it in a span of 12 hours. That's how it became a tantrum. 

47 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

When you repeat the same point over and over yes. There's nothing wrong with complaining that the game isn't working. That's not the same thing as throwing up ten posts demanding they fix it in a span of 12 hours. That's how it became a tantrum. 

There's been a massive surge of that here lately on the forums.

15 hours ago, SirMang said:

Well, he was complaining about Thanksgiving and no one caring and not everyone being in the US, so I thought he likely was not. 

That's true

Two days later.

Not trump land turkey day anymore

guess what

still broken. 

45 mins plus where the game was ‘searching for dedicated servers’

what are they dedicated to? Killing the player base?

33 minutes ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Two days later.

Not trump land turkey day anymore

guess what

still broken. 

45 mins plus where the game was ‘searching for dedicated servers’

what are they dedicated to? Killing the player base?

It's a holiday weekend. The earliest for a fix is likely Monday or Tuesday. That's the best case scenario.

You have two options. Wait or uninstall the game. We all know that things are not working as intended. You don't have to post about it over and over.

1 minute ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Waiting 2 days between posts is posting about it ‘over and over’?

are you working for a PR firm or something?

No, @Fair Play  has seen many good patches and bad patches come and go, most members here have and we all know that the developers work at a pace the Defies logic....

we would all love for another patch to  come in and save the day for the fan base that is running into issues but nothing you post here is going to change or make them move any quicker..... best to wait it out and not get yourself into a big panty twist about things you can’t control.

3 minutes ago, Bignewtdawg said:

Waiting 2 days between posts is posting about it ‘over and over’?

are you working for a PR firm or something?

According to the time stamps, you posted about it yesterday, so it hasn't been 2 days. There are many other people who are voicing the same problem as you. The word is out there. It could be a few days. Be patient.

I probably could do PR work. But with so many people who don't take bad news well, I think I'll pass on that headache.

As @OCT 31 1978 has mentioned, those of us who have been here a while know that changes come when they come.

I honestly don’t understand why people are just ok with this. It’s like the dog in the house on fire saying ‘this is fine’ meme. 

This game needs every bit of good news it can get with the end of content.   We just had a great month of awesome community building and great communication from the Dev team. But anyone who might be tempted to stay on with this game won’t even look at it twice if it won’t work for 3+ days on the busiest sales weekend of the year, where they will just play whatever they pick up on sale and forget about our game. 

Keep making excuses. This is a huge problem. 

14 minutes ago, Bignewtdawg said:

I honestly don’t understand why people are just ok with this. It’s like the dog in the house on fire saying ‘this is fine’ meme. 

This game needs every bit of good news it can get with the end of content.   We just had a great month of awesome community building and great communication from the Dev team. But anyone who might be tempted to stay on with this game won’t even look at it twice if it won’t work for 3+ days on the busiest sales weekend of the year, where they will just play whatever they pick up on sale and forget about our game. 

No one is making excuses, just being realistic.... people will try new games all the time if they enjoyed playing this one they will be back even if they had a connection issues for a few days...

you can see it however you want but all you will do is sour the game for yourself posting complaints over and over hoping to get a response when we know nothing is coming before Monday and even possibly nothing then either .... wait it out hopefully something will be posted on Monday from our “community manager.”

trust me we are all frustrated at this point creating more and more post about it won’t change anything.

1 minute ago, Bignewtdawg said:

You have little faith in the community of this game. There are quite a few members of these forums, most of whom play this game regularly. Sure, the game has problems. What game doesn't at some point?

Do the problems that this game has run everyone away? No, they don't.

Are all people upset about the state of the game? Some are, some aren't. I don't presume to speak for the opinions of the entire community.

Are people losing their cool because of the state of the game? Some are, some aren't. Those that keep their cool have a good understanding of what is going on, and realize that freaking out isn't gonna help anything. Most people voice their discontent in a tasteful way.

Is the lack of new content a disappointment? For the vast majority, it's likely a yes. There's nothing we can do about that. What's done is done.

The community is what each of us makes of it. I'd rather make the most of the community, in a positive manner. What will you choose to do?

25 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

No one is making excuses, just being realistic.... people will try new games all the time if they enjoyed playing this one they will be back even if they had a connection issues for a few days...

you can see it however you want but all you will do is sour the game for yourself posting complaints over and over hoping to get a response when we know nothing is coming before Monday and even possibly nothing then either .... wait it out hopefully something will be posted on Monday from our “community manager.”

trust me we are all frustrated at this point creating more and more post about it won’t change anything.

I figured Monday is the best case scenario. It could take longer.

Let's be honest, since dedicated servers launched (I'm talking ps4) they've been botched and don't work properly and still don't work properly. 

You do have to say, that as people probably play mainly for mp part of the game, to have to tell players to cancel the search and try again after 1-2 minutes of searching because it's stuck in some loop and just leave it that way is really poor going. 

It should be a priority fix. 

Since the latest patch it's just as bad if not worse, can easily spend 20+ minutes (if u want to waste that much time) trying to get in a lobby. 

I think people have a right to be annoyed about this issue.