Sign in to follow this  
Ja1862

Allow community skins

Since they will no longer be releasing anymore dlc and won't lose out on money if people release their own skins now why not allow it?

I mean having a big community creation aspect to this game would definitely help, allowing people to create new counsellor skins, Jason skins etc

It'll definitely helps many other pc games 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:07 AM, Ja1862 said:

Since they will no longer be releasing anymore dlc and won't lose out on money if people release their own skins now why not allow it?

I mean having a big community creation aspect to this game would definitely help, allowing people to create new counsellor skins, Jason skins etc

It'll definitely helps many other pc games 

Why not?... Because the rights holders would all have to agree with it, not just the makers of the game... and that is unlikely. 

I would love to see what the modding community could do with this game though... and I agree that it has helped many other games in the past... and will help many more in the future. It just probably will never happen with this game due to the nature of the property itself... and probably many other factors neither of us are considering. 

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

Why not?... Because the rights holders would all have to agree with it, not just the makers of the game... and that is unlikely. 

I would love to see what the modding community could do with this game though... and I agree that it has helped many other games in the past... and will help many more in the future. It just probably will never happen with this game due to the nature of the property itself... and probably many other factors neither of us are considering. 

While it would be cool, I doubt it would ever happen. Reasons off the top of my head, nude models would definitely be a thing, as would non licensed characters being created and just to top it off I know Sean Cunningham would be getting virtually murdered daily. Which would be a shame as he’s the one with the power to make anything happen as far as new content is concerned. 

Also us console players would end up screwed and not get anything. This one would just be my personal reason for not liking the idea, I know I should be selfish but I want to play too, 😝.

edit Oh, and don’t forgot, 4 guys payed 10k to be in the game.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

While it would be cool, I doubt it would ever happen. Reasons off the top of my head, nude models would definitely be a thing, as would non licensed characters being created and just to top it off I know Sean Cunningham would be getting virtually murdered daily. Which would be a shame as he’s the one with the power to make anything happen as far as new content is concerned. 

Also us console players would end up screwed and not get anything. This one would just be my personal reason for not liking the idea, I know I should be selfish but I want to play too, 😝.

edit Oh, and don’t forgot, 4 guys payed 10k to be in the game.

I too doubt it will ever happen... but it would be cool... But I think it would be cool for character models other than the nude models that would inevitably show up. Personally, I would want a character model to put over Jason that was the Frankenstein monster... Yes, the same version I use for my profile pic... or perhaps the Deniro version as well.
   Nude character models... What would Friday the 13th be without nudity?... But that is a double edged sword... there are enough speedo Chads running around to know the female counselors would not be the only nude models people would create... I will be happy to NOT see Lachappa's bare but while chasing him down for a kill.... I am also pretty sure the real Lachappa will be happy to retain a fully clothed character model... or he may demand a more accurate model than would be made for him... Either way, I am sure he would have an opinion, and so would the other people that paid to have a character model based on them.
    I wouldn't have an issue with it either way... but I can forsee many people telling others to... "Put on some damned pants!"

But the game is ratted M for mature for a reason... the violence.
   Why do some people find nudity more offensive than murder? Anyone with a problem adding nude character models (be they male or be they female) needs to come up with a logical answer to this question before they can complain about it.
   Either way, if people don't want their kids seeing the boobs and violence, then this is not a game they should be letting their children play... it is after all, pretty freakin' violent compared to most games... at least, so far.

I remember my days playing Left 4 Dead 2... the mods for character models in that game could not be seen by other players in a match with you back then... I know because I had some of these character models... a stormtrooper, Duke Nukem, Harley Quinn, and many others on both my accounts and played often with my nephew in the same room... he played on my other computer. We could easily see each other's screens and non of the models on either computer came up on the other while playing a game together. I do not know if this has changed, I have not played that one in quite some time... But recently, several friends have purchased it and I have actually considered re-installing it.
   If the mods were kept to one side, and not broadcast over the servers... it may not be so much of a problem... but will still most likely never happen. Duke Nukem vs. Jason would be amusing though.

IF this were to ever happen... it would be a good reason for (some) console players to pick up the game on PC.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ahab said:

but I can forsee many people telling others to... "Put on some damned pants!"

You should have found one of the times I’ve said this exact thing to @PowellCampsNAKED, or were you just poking fun at me?

I’m actually cool with nudity and gore in video games but I think other people would collectively loose their shit. As for the PC snub, I don’t have the time to dedicate to gaming to justify maintaining a PC, it is the one regret I have when I switched over to buying primarily Apple stuff, the games other than mobile suck or come out far after. If the game market keeps moving the way it has I might have to go back but for now console is the better option for me at least. 

33 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You should have found one of the times I’ve said this exact thing to @PowellCampsNAKED, or were you just poking fun at me?

I’m actually cool with nudity and gore in video games but I think other people would collectively loose their shit. As for the PC snub, I don’t have the time to dedicate to gaming to justify maintaining a PC, it is the one regret I have when I switched over to buying primarily Apple stuff, the games other than mobile suck or come out far after. If the game market keeps moving the way it has I might have to go back but for now console is the better option for me at least. 

I was not poking fun at you at all... but I have told @PowellCampsNAKED to put on some pants before as well... just as a joke... I would not presume to tell the mighty Powell how to dress.  I am sure the mighty Powell hears that one a lot.

We all have our preferences for games (and anything else really)... I prefer PC myself and see no reason to get a console for myself... consoles are so... limiting. I like the complexity of the controls to a game that would be impossible on a console... Certain flight simulators come to mind, among other things. Some PC games would just be impossible to play on console, while it cannot be said that a console game would be impossible to play on PC... unless a specific game was just never coded to work on PC that is.
    As to the people that we both know would collectively 'lose their shit'.... they would still have to answer the question of why nudity is more offensive to them than murder before they have any right to a legitimate complaint. After all, this game is full of brutal murder... "Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth... I wanna see dead burnt bodies... I mean kill, kill, kill!".... But I digress... I bet no one gets that reference.
    Also, I was in no way intending to snub PCs or consoles... they are what they are. Some people like one over the other and some like both for various reasons.

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

I was not poking fun at you at all... but I have told @PowellCampsNAKED to put on some pants before as well... just as a joke... I would not presume to tell the mighty Powell how to dress.  I am sure the mighty Powell hears that one a lot.

We all have our preferences for games (and anything else really)... I prefer PC myself and see no reason to get a console for myself... consoles are so... limiting. I like the complexity of the controls to a game that would be impossible on a console... Certain flight simulators come to mind, among other things. Some PC games would just be impossible to play on console, while it cannot be said that a console game would be impossible to play on PC... unless a specific game was just never coded to work on PC that is.
    As to the people that we both know would collectively 'lose their shit'.... they would still have to answer the question of why nudity is more offensive to them than murder before they have any right to a legitimate complaint. After all, this game is full of brutal murder... "Blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth... I wanna see dead burnt bodies... I mean kill, kill, kill!".... But I digress... I bet no one gets that reference.
    Also, I was in no way intending to snub PCs or consoles... they are what they are. Some people like one over the other and some like both for various reasons.

Imagine if I really went camping naked? Screw that jason might hang me from my wee wee ..... ouch!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:23 AM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Imagine if I really went camping naked? Screw that jason might hang me from my wee wee ..... ouch!!! 

That kill would be new content though... but it would be amusing.

If the modding community releases stuff and gun just doesn't ban them could they really be liable?

It's like people releasing copyright characters like Robocop, iron man, barman Michael Myers etc for gta, due to rock star having nothing to do with it or making money from they don't face any legal problems. They don't have to sign off on mods etc they just don't block them.

I'd also love to see camera mods for single player where you can freely move the camera around to watch each counsellor interaction and a mod that allows us to select a outfit for each character before starting that single player missions.

Here is some interesting mod information

"Making minor changes or additions of little substance to a preexisting work will not qualify the work as a new version for copyright purposes.

When the defendant's modification of the plaintiff's work is de minimis, too insubstantial to "count", there is no infringing preparation of a derivative work. So long as there is no derivative work, there is no infringement—since no conduct that the Copyright Act forbids has occurred." 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiwwc3qiPPeAhUDLMAKHdksBWMQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fpcgaming%2Fcomments%2F33z5de%2Fcan_a_game_publisherdeveloper_legally_stop%2F&psig=AOvVaw1FA57r34A-FC02epi-4ndv&ust=1543356419859212

@Ja1862 Could they be liable?... Not the right question.
   What would the holder of the rights have to say about it? EVERYTHING in this game has to be approved by the rights holders... Is anything about this stipulated in the contract that allows the use of the Friday the 13th name and all the goodies that go with it?... If the answer to this one is yes... on ANY level... then there could be consequences... regardless of other loopholes.

A drop camera mode would be... spectacular. 

Also... an Ash Williams skin... with a working chainsaw mod for his 'prosthetic hand'... would bring us the Ash vs Jason scenario...  

9 minutes ago, Ahab said:

A drop camera mode would be... spectacular. Yes it would.

Also... an Ash Williams skin... with a working chainsaw mod for his 'prosthetic hand'... would bring us the Ash vs Jason scenario...  

I also wish we’d branched out into other properties before the cut off, it could have been amazing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I also wish we’d branched out into other properties before the cut off, it could have been amazing.

You said "could have been amazing"... I think you meant "would have been amazing."

Now imagine a mod that allows more than one killer to be in game at once... and a Freddy skin to go along with that Ash skin I mentioned... Freddy vs Jason would be cool enough on its own.... but Freddy vs Jason vs Ash (with a working chainsaw mod)… would have been awesome... Freddy's weapon reach would probably be pretty pathetic in this game though...
   Or... two Jason players in one match! The real reason Jason kept appearing out of nowhere... Jason had a twin brother... and they actually had two identical masks... and liked to dress the same... He was never supernatural at all... there was just more than one of him... or maybe they were quadruplets... Oh wait... zombie Jason is still supernatural... Where is Sam and Dean Winchester when you really need them?... They are in the modders limbo, that's where... and cannot help us until mods are allowed. 
   Come to think of it... Jason should have a guest appearance on Supernatural... I might even start watching it again if this was to happen... I got bored of that show  several seasons ago.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Ja1862 Could they be liable?... Not the right question.
   What would the holder of the rights have to say about it? EVERYTHING in this game has to be approved by the rights holders... Is anything about this stipulated in the contract that allows the use of the Friday the 13th name and all the goodies that go with it?... If the answer to this one is yes... on ANY level... then there could be consequences... regardless of other loopholes.

A drop camera mode would be... spectacular. 

Hopefully someone creates a free cam and the ability to use different clothes available for single player. All the mods available at the moment are not great 

That would rule.

I dunno if the holders of the rights would be unhappy with the community creating their own clothes for characters etc

I'd assume if they hold their characters on such a regards they'd try to halt any fanmade Friday the 13th game, mod or Jason skins that now pop up in many big budget games. 

"People can make a fan-parody legally so long as you don't use any copyrighted assets (IE textures, models, sounds, etc have to be made by you, even if they look like something from someone else's work), and it's not for profit if it's an obvious fanwork."

Don't forget Warner bros threatened someone with a lotr mod and since it wasn't for profit it falls under fair use

I remember originally they didn't want mods due to it meaning they would likely lose money for dlc, now I'm hoping they wont care. 

I can't see it happening among the already mentioned reasons.

They would be spending half their time trying to filter out all the nude counselor skins for one, the nude Jason ones next.

• Haha 1

@Ja1862 We will not know their reasoning for not allowing mods unless they were to actually tell us... other than that we are just speculating... but for now, mods are not allowed. We can still hope that one day, they do not have a problem with it.

@tyrant666 This game is rated M for mature... and as I said in a post above... If people want to lose their shit over nudity in a game like this, they first have to explain why the find nudity more offensive than murder.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 6:37 PM, Ahab said:

@Ja1862 We will not know their reasoning for not allowing mods unless they were to actually tell us... other than that we are just speculating... but for now, mods are not allowed. We can still hope that one day, they do not have a problem with it.

@tyrant666 This game is rated M for mature... and as I said in a post above... If people want to lose their shit over nudity in a game like this, they first have to explain why the find nudity more offensive than murder.

True all they have said on mods is 

Will you guys be leaving the game open to mods? Be a good way to compete with Dead by Daylight. Also, console release?

Replying to
We like mods...but we're not sure at this time. We do have a console release, yes. Xbox One and PS4.

To the poster above re: nudity. If you sexualize the violence by having naked people being axed between the legs etc, you automatically jump the rating up.

It is to do with the Psychology behind it all and heightening arousal during graphic violence is a big no no. 

I'd like there to be some kind of customization but I think it will never happen. Heck we can't even put the bots in the costumes we paid for.

• Haha 1

I’m sure in the modded version SS Nazi Oberst Jason Von Voorhees and Camp Crystal Lake being renamed Auschwitz would go down a TREAT!

I’ve no problem with nudity but anyone here who would want it in F13, why?