F13Jason

This game is disgraceful to Jason.

39 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Most importantly, DO NOT GRAB COUNSELORS IN A TIGHT GROUP! You're only going to give yourself a migraine if you do. Melee them all to death or at least beat them to a pulp before you grab.

This is the game play flaw that needs to be fixed.

I mean, ya you could try and melee them all to death. But IF they work together, they will also melee you back, stun you and heal. Which, with the right perks.. Can lead to same migrane you get grabbing people in a tight group.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I mean, ya you could try and melee them all to death. But IF they work together, they will also melee you back, stun you and heal. Which, with the right perks.. Can lead to same migrane you get grabbing people in a tight group.

They'll run out of FAS long before they'll run out of weapons. Grabbing leaves you open to attacks from other counselors. Granted, so does slashing, but once you cripple 1 or 2 of them, your job becomes much easier. The injured ones will hobble off to the nearest cabin to find heals (provided they have none nor do any nearby teammates) making them easy kills. Once they start dying or taking damage, most counselors tend to panic and swing wildly. 

• Like 1

Bring back body blocking to reduce the chance of Jason getting stunned while going for grabs, make the kill prompt come up faster so that Jason doesn't have to wait a full 4 seconds to perform a kill after landing a grab, do something about the Medic/Thick Skinned combo.

In return, slightly decrease Jason's run speed. I think it took me catching up to a Victoria player who was sprinting to realize that aspect of Jason is a bit much. Jason should catch counselors, especially slower ones, but catching them THAT fast makes it no wonder why everyone uses Chad and Vanessa.

32 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

They'll run out of FAS long before they'll run out of weapons. Grabbing leaves you open to attacks from other counselors. Granted, so does slashing, but once you cripple 1 or 2 of them, your job becomes much easier. The injured ones will hobble off to the nearest cabin to find heals (provided they have none nor do any nearby teammates) making them easy kills. Once they start dying or taking damage, most counselors tend to panic and swing wildly. 

But if they beat you silly.. While pushing an objective or going for a Jason kill, they will pull it off before they run out of heals and weapons break. 

If all they do is attack Jason and nothing else.  Then they do run of heals and weapons.

But Jason doesn't have time for this lolligagging bullllshit tho...  

Hell, maybe the Rage Icon when it activates should be a new skill, that charges up and has a cool down.

RAGE.. For 3 seconds 100% immune to everything. 30 second cooldown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Which is where making sure you have quick grab kills like choke and head punch in your inventory. You don’t need much of any space before they come online so even in a group working together they aren’t always going to be able to land stuns in time. I am usually successful using them at least 1 out of 3 tries, but there are always other factors in play. Using the terrain to your advantage will help. Even if the whole lobby is working against you you can still increase your chances of success by not fighting them in a wide open space where they can completely surround you. Barriers like cars, fences, and long tables are good to keep Jason away from you as a counselor, but they also work when the shoe is on the other foot. I once took out almost an entire lobby one time because they chose to confront me in the room with the long table. It’s a good space to loop Jason when it’s mano y mano, but when there’s  5 or 6 people in that space there isn’t enough room to coordinate efficiently.  

But every situation requires being able to adapt on the fly. Grab when you can, slash when it’s necessary, morph as a last resort. Rinse and repeat. 

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Which is where making sure you have quick grab kills like choke and head punch in your inventory. You don’t need much of any space before they come online so even in a group working together they aren’t always going to be able to land stuns in time. I am usually successful using them at least 1 out of 3 tries, but there are factors in play. Using the terrain to your advantage will help. Even if the whole lobby working against you you can still increase your chances of success by not fighting them in a wide open space where they can completely surround you. Barriers like cars, fences, and long tables are good to keep Jason away from you as a counselor, but they also work when the shoe is on the other foot. I once took out almost an entire lobby one time because they chose to confront me in the room with the long table. It’s a good space to loop Jason when it’s mano y mano, but when 5 or 6 people in that space there isn’t enough room to coordinate efficiently.  

But every situation requires being able to adapt on the fly. Grab when you can, slash when it’s necessary, morph as a last resort. Rinse and repeat. 

Don't forget Shift. If you time right you can activate it just before a counselor swings, then de-activate it and grab them before they are able to run (or slash them if grabbing isn't really feasible). Remember to block as much as you can too. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Which is where making sure you have quick grab kills like choke and head punch in your inventory. You don’t need much of any space before they come online so even in a group working together they aren’t always going to be able to land stuns in time. I am usually successful using them at least 1 out of 3 tries, but there are always other factors in play. Using the terrain to your advantage will help. Even if the whole lobby is working against you you can still increase your chances of success by not fighting them in a wide open space where they can completely surround you. Barriers like cars, fences, and long tables are good to keep Jason away from you as a counselor, but they also work when the shoe is on the other foot. I once took out almost an entire lobby one time because they chose to confront me in the room with the long table. It’s a good space to loop Jason when it’s mano y mano, but when there’s  5 or 6 people in that space there isn’t enough room to coordinate efficiently.  

I know all this. . I just don't think it shouldn't be like this..

Jason should be able to steam roll through counsellors like Rosie O Donnel at all you can eat Big Mac Buffet. 

There should be a way to push through gang beating.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I know all this. . 

Again, I’m just speaking hypothetically for the benefit of the OP (even though I quoted you). I do agree that Jason should be slightly more powerful, but I definitely don’t believe that it should be a cakewalk for Jason either. They should earn their kills. 

• Like 1

"Slightly more powerful" simply won't do at this point. Jason should be able to wreck counselor shit on a regular basis, not get chain-stunned by a bunch of dancing Chads or Vanessas.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

"Slightly more powerful" simply won't do at this point. Jason should be able to wreck counselor shit on a regular basis, not get chain-stunned by a bunch of dancing Chads or Vanessas.  

If only people understood this...Jason really does need perks. He's just too easy to kill, too easy to avoid, and it's just way too easy to get away from him. All it really takes is for 2 players to kill Jason: Tommy and the sweater girl. 5 good counselors are overkill to a good Jason. 7 good counselors? Forget it. Game Over for Jason. Jason is at a disadvantage almost all the time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Exactly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I actually do think that if they made him only slightly better in every category then it would be a game changer.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Again, I’m just speaking hypothetically for the benefit of the OP (even though I quoted you). I do agree that Jason should be slightly more powerful, but I definitely don’t believe that it should be a cakewalk for Jason either. They should earn their kills. 

Well i would never want it to be a cake walk for Jason either..

But people should not be able to stand their ground against Jason.  Is what im saying.

Last night, with 5 randoms.. We where able to beat Jason silly at the phone fuse box, call the cops.. and escape. Jason only killed 3 players.  There was nothing he could do about it. We FORCED the repair and called the cops. He got the few kills near the end

That Jason player was a long time player, who used to post here regularly. (won't mention his name).

Its just ridiculous 

• Haha 1

On 11/20/2018 at 11:18 PM, F13Jason said:

Go on Reddit and tell these fools the same thing. They don't understand how badly Jason is so underpowered. He can get owned easily within maybe 5 minutes in the game. So easy to demask him.

-Radio Tommy

-Purposely die first to become Tommy

-Get sweater and first aid sprays in case Jason trapped his house

-Demask him easily as he can only take so many hits

-Come back with sweater and Tommy will kill him in the end

Disgraceful. 

Ha ha...Not so easy as Jason's develop their skills.  I haven't been killed yet. (Knock on wood) In fact, the worst I've ever done was 2/ 7 with 4 escapes and one lag/quit. However, what you describe above is called - teamwork and strategy. It's how you win things. A good Jason won't have a problem with this. In case you didn't realize, if this situation comes to be, just concentrate on female characters or focus on Tommy. Eliminating them ends any chance of Jason being killed.  Seriously, stop being such babies. Learn to play. Don't complain and try to change the game because you can't get better. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

But people should not be able to stand their ground against Jason.  Is what im saying.

have you even seen a Friday the 13th movie? You know how he dies at the end of each movie?  THEY STAND THEIR GROUND! LOL.  Hell, he's killed one time by a 12 yo. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Learn to play and it won't happen to you any more. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, dniezby said:

And how long have you been playing? Haven't been killed yet as Jason? Don't worry, it will happen shortly.

Some of the best Jason's out there catch ever loving hell when they have experienced Chad and Vanessa teams coming after them. It has nothing to do with "learning to play the game." 

The reason I ask how long you have played the game is because, if you haven't experienced what the people in this thread are complaining about, you must be in offline mode only or get lucky and play against newer players every round.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

46 minutes ago, dniezby said:

Another “ get good” statement from someone who probably just downloaded the game while it was on Ps plus last month telling a veteran player how it is....please...you have probably only played against fairly new players.

a word of advice the issue with weak Jason is a game play mechanic one not a skill level one. Poor balance with buggy combat make for 1 vs 7 fairly one sided ... Jasons handicaps are clearly front and center when battling experienced kill squads and competent players.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

And how long have you been playing? Haven't been killed yet as Jason? Don't worry, it will happen shortly.

Some of the best Jason's out there catch ever loving hell when they have experienced Chad and Vanessa teams coming after them. It has nothing to do with "learning to play the game." 

The reason I ask how long you have played the game is because, if you haven't experienced what the people in this thread are complaining about, you must be in offline mode only or get lucky and play against newer players every round.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

I've only been playing for about 2 months. I literally just played a game where they ganged up on me....LOL. They lost.  I did get knocked down, which is fine But a simple morph away and then a shift back in and I slashed them causing them to separate.  Killed them all and the last guy was so pissed, he rage quit.  6/7 + Tommy. 

I do not play offline. I only play online multiplayer. I crave the ability of people to think and change up their actions. Playing with the bots is pretty predicable. I know where they're going to attack and I know the computer knows where the computer put all the parts and fuses etc.  So, even on hard it's very predictable. Offline, if ALWAYS a different game.  People are unpredicable and that's what makes it exciting. 

Oh and thanks for the welcome.  

And just to clarify, reading a reply doesn't quite put across my tone.  I do have serious problems with many gammers today though and that part is true.  If you read much of this thread, most of the complaints are whiny. Like "I can't do it...It's too hard..." so they want the developers to Nerf or Buff something.  WTF! Stop being such quitters.  If you're getting your ass beat, fight back. Learn how to use strategies and techniques that get you better.  Don't change the game. Change your methods.  Jason, WAS NOT unstoppable in ANY movie.  Otherwise, we wouldn't have 11 movies. (Yup, I counted the reboot - which was underrated )  As for the councelors, NONE of them are 100%.  They ALL have weaknesses and it's up to you to learn how to overcome or take advantage of them. It's not the developers job to make the game weaker so you get better.  

Okay, now let's get in the game and kill some councelors!!! Or a Jason....if you can. Muuahahahaahhahah....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Another “ get good” statement from someone who probably just downloaded the game while it was on Ps plus last month telling a veteran player how it is....please...you have probably only played against fairly new players.

a word of advice the issue with weak Jason is a game play mechanic one not a skill level one. Poor balance with buggy combat make for 1 vs 7 fairly one sided ... Jasons handicaps are clearly front and center when battling experienced kill squads and competent players.

WTF?! 1 V 7 is supposed to be unbalanced...That's why it's 1 versus 7. LOL.  As Jason you do NOT want to be in that situation.  Hell, you never want to be in that situation. BUT if you do, then you've done something wrong. You have to find a way to separate them.  The easiest was is traps and melee strikes followed by knive injuries.  They (counselors) get wounded and start running for spray.  Then you strike and kill.  That's not a mechanics issue that's a strategy and skill issue.  Jason, even in the movies was a solitary killer. Only time he even killed more than one person at a time was when they were having sex. ... (developers really missed this opportunity, LOL ) When Jason was confronted by a group the outcome was not as good for him. 

46 minutes ago, dniezby said:

WTF?! 1 V 7 is supposed to be unbalanced...That's why it's 1 versus 7. LOL.  As Jason you do NOT want to be in that situation.  Hell, you never want to be in that situation. BUT if you do, then you've done something wrong. You have to find a way to separate them.  The easiest was is traps and melee strikes followed by knive injuries.  They (counselors) get wounded and start running for spray.  Then you strike and kill.  That's not a mechanics issue that's a strategy and skill issue.  Jason, even in the movies was a solitary killer. Only time he even killed more than one person at a time was when they were having sex. ... (developers really missed this opportunity, LOL ) When Jason was confronted by a group the outcome was not as good for him. 

Thanks for the lessons of how a 1vs 7 game works but you have it wrong the 1 is supposed to be the overpowered one not the 7.....

And thanks for the suggestions on how to play ....been there done that and have been doing it for over a year....

you have missed out on a lot if you have only been playing for 2 months.......several nerfs to Jasons gameplay that has allowed him to become a walking piñata all because other gamers couldn’t do what you are telling us to do now get better hone their skills etc.....apparently Jason was too Overpowered at the start of this game and now we have his guy who barely resembles one of the Jasons from the film.....unable to defend himself against multiple counselors.  

unfortunately your suggestions don’t address the issues.

Most experienced players don’t scatter from Jason they fight back...

(morphing/ shifting away when they group up to complete an objective isn’t really an option.)

...These experienced players are prepared and usually have set up weapons/ sprays ready for you when you appear ....they run perks that give them multiple sprays with one first aid spray, and allow them to take nearly double the damage an average player can take.... or should be able to so all they have to do is stun you once heal rinse and repeat up to 6 times a person ... practically negating your knife throws and melee strikes and traps....not to mention having to switch into combat stance to block which has major lag before finally reacting.

( Bad gameplay mechanics. )

as for the similarities to the films Jason was never beat down / chain stunned by a group of counselors who then started dancing and teabaging him into oblivion before finally running to the cops to escape or wearing out his incredibly low health/ hit points before being demasked and slaughtered. 

(Bad gameplay mechanics.)

...don’t worry you will run into it eventually and will be back to voice your concerns bout it too....so that is why I and most members will continue to tell you it’s a gameplay mechanic issue not skill level that is the problem.

ps welcome to the forum.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

..don’t worry you will run ito it eventually and will be back to voice your concerns bout it too....so that is why I and most members will continue to tell you it’s a gameplay mechanic issue not skill level that is the problem.

Na...I think it's just good play by counselors. They tried it again this last round I just played. They failed again. But it was only 5 gang attacking because I killed two within the first minute. LOL. 

1 minute ago, dniezby said:

Na...I think it's just good play by counselors. They tried it again this last round I just played. They failed again. But it was only 5 gang attacking because I killed two within the first minute. LOL. 

Keep playing they will get you eventually.

consider this a “the more you know.” Kind of post.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Keep playing they will get you eventually.

consider this a “the more you know.” Kind of post.

He's clearly never been demasked by one or two hits from a Buggzy in the first few minutes of a match...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

He's clearly never been demasked by one or two hits from a Buggzy in the first few minutes of a match...

We all felt pretty powerful as Jason at one time....that feeling will pass just like the hope that the developers will actually fix this game before it hits its second anniversary......

and yeah he will have a rude awaking the first time his mask gets knocked off and realizes they have set him up for the kill that he didn’t even see coming.

• Like 2