F13Jason

This game is disgraceful to Jason.

How the hell are counselors so overpowered that people actually go "Jason Hunting"? I mean are you fucking kidding me? What kind of concept is this on a game where Jason Voorhees is the antagonist  who has to run from a group, not have a circle jerk where 5 Vanessa's can beat the ever living shit out of you, wear the sweater and kill you rather easily with Tommy? Fucking ridiculous. 

It's also pretty fucking ridiculous how you can stun Jason with a bat Every. Single. Time. Also combat stance is beyond useless. You can't do anything in that mode, and you are still easily vulnerable in the back where you have 4/5 counselors gaining up on you. It's so fucking stupid. Too bad F13 the creators don't give a fuck because they aren't changing shit.

I'm taking the game too seriously but really is disgraceful to Jason Voorhees. Call this game "Friday the 13th: Counselors Unite". They can beat the shit out of any Jason. Unreal. 

And let me be the first to say the only people who will disagree me are people who enjoy using counselors way more than they use Jason, so they'll say the "Git gud" bullcrap. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, F13Jason said:

How the hell are counselors so overpowered that people actually go "Jason Hunting"? I mean are you fucking kidding me? What kind of concept is this on a game where Jason Voorhees is the antagonist  who has to run from a group, not have a circle jerk where 5 Vanessa's can beat the ever living shit out of you, wear the sweater and kill you rather easily with Tommy? Fucking ridiculous. 

It's also pretty fucking ridiculous how you can stun Jason with a bat Every. Single. Time. Also combat stance is beyond useless. You can't do anything in that mode, and you are still easily vulnerable in the back where you have 4/5 counselors gaining up on you. It's so fucking stupid. Too bad F13 the creators don't give a fuck because they aren't changing shit.

I'm taking the game too seriously but really is disgraceful to Jason Voorhees. Call this game "Friday the 13th: Counselors Unite". They can beat the shit out of any Jason. Unreal. 

And let me be the first to say the only people who will disagree me are people who enjoy using counselors way more than they use Jason, so they'll say the "Git gud" bullcrap. 

First of all, let me welcome you to the forums.

Secondly, you are not alone in your observations of the game. There are a number of issues with balance, which are being looked into.

Third, here are some links that might help you out a bit.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/7683-tips-for-those-of-you-who-are-having-trouble/

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10596-the-playbook-techniques-and-strategies/

Fourth, while the game isn't perfect, it can be helpful if newer players spend a bit of time playing as Jason in the Single Player Challenges and the offline bots. This won't completely resolve the issue with Jason hunt squads, but it will allow them to hone their craft a bit with Jason's skill set.

Finally, not all counselors play in the style you describe. Some matches will be more fun than others. Give it a chance, and you'll meet some decent players. Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

First of all, let me welcome you to the forums.

Secondly, you are not alone in your observations of the game. There are a number of issues with balance, which are being looked into.

Third, here are some links that might help you out a bit.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/7683-tips-for-those-of-you-who-are-having-trouble/

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/10596-the-playbook-techniques-and-strategies/

Fourth, while the game isn't perfect, it can be helpful if newer players spend a bit of time playing as Jason in the Single Player Challenges and the offline bots. This won't completely resolve the issue with Jason hunt squads, but it will allow them to hone their craft a bit with Jason's skill set.

Finally, not all counselors play in the style you describe. Some matches will be more fun than others. Give it a chance, and you'll meet some decent players. Good luck and have fun.

Thanks for not being an asshole. I'm not an amazing Jason. I'm an okay Jason and usually get at least 5/8 kills or wipe out the lobbies. My worst was 5/8, but the game gets so boring when you have all these cheap tactics as a counselor. Jason is supposed to be feared. He isn't even feared if you even have "hunting Jason" groups. Way too easy to kill Jason as well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well thats an introduction to the forum well welcome and don't worry when you see groups just slash at them and use the shift to scatter them around for better split ups.

2 hours ago, F13Jason said:

Thanks for not being an asshole. I'm not an amazing Jason. I'm an okay Jason and usually get at least 5/8 kills or wipe out the lobbies. My worst was 5/8, but the game gets so boring when you have all these cheap tactics as a counselor. Jason is supposed to be feared. He isn't even feared if you even have "hunting Jason" groups. Way too easy to kill Jason as well. 

Welcome, glad you decided to come join the forum. It’s almost universally accepted that Jason needs a buff, and he is going to be looked at in the future, so stick around. As for going 5/8, that’s not a loss, that’s a GG for Jason. 

PS. Jason has some cheap tricks too, try dropping a bear trap if a group comes after you, use it to guard your flank. You can control where you fight them, so don’t get baited into following who they want you too. The links that @Fair Play posted have a lot of good info, and @Jason Todd Voorhees Has some good advice too, Shift can turn the tide for you. 

Learn to quick throw knives against bots, you can interrupt a Counselor attack if you time it right and go immediately for the grab as they take damage. The secret to killing hunting parties is to take out the person who’s leading it or motivating the hunt. Kill them and the rest scatter. 

4 hours ago, F13Jason said:

It is what it is man.. I kind of agree with you.

If i was in charge of this game.  Shit would be totally different.   But...  O well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

IIf i was in charge of this game.  Shit would be totally different.   

Thank god you are not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I also agree with you 100% I’ve been playing for over a year now and learned all the tricks to not letting councelors best on me as Jason but it still shouldn’t be allowed to happen mechanically...

there should be a system I mentioned before that Jason gets stunned one or twice in a row then immediately after that he won’t get stunned for give or take 15 - 40 seconds “forcing players to run or Die”

Agree with combat system being broke and demasking Jason being too easy but disagree about stun chances of weapons being further decreased. Some are already useless even with sucker punch perk. If you have to decrease the chances then you better remove all weapons from the game directly.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Welcome, glad you decided to come join the forum. It’s almost universally accepted that Jason needs a buff, and he is going to be looked at in the future, so stick around. As for going 5/8, that’s not a loss, that’s a GG for Jason. 

PS. Jason has some cheap tricks too, try dropping a bear trap if a group comes after you, use it to guard your flank. You can control where you fight them, so don’t get baited into following who they want you too. The links that @Fair Play posted have a lot of good info, and @Jason Todd Voorhees Has some good advice too, Shift can turn the tide for you. 

Learn to quick throw knives against bots, you can interrupt a Counselor attack if you time it right and go immediately for the grab as they take damage. The secret to killing hunting parties is to take out the person who’s leading it or motivating the hunt. Kill them and the rest scatter. 

In other words, "Git gud!" ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

In other words, "Git gud!" ;)

Sure you can read it that way but it wouldn’t be accurate to my intent. I enjoy playing Jason as much as playing a Counselor so I don’t think I’m one of the “git Gud!” people @F13Jason is referring too. 

I will say I like facing Kill squads as Jason so I’m not exactly in his camp if you know what I mean. I’m also need motivation to bother trying to kill Jason so I’m not a kill squad player either. The kill squad I do play with on occasion depends on me to just run around completing objectives if something does go wrong or to run Jason till they’re ready if he finds me first. I’ve been on both sides of the equation and see it as just part of the game. 

The last thing I have to say about it might sound harsh and even might make you think I am a “git gud!” player but it should be said regardless.

In any game there’s different levels of play. (So go practice, 😝)

• Like 1

I agree with a lot of the sentiments from the OP. Jason is too easily hurt by counselors. Its not even hard to kill him.

10 hours ago, F13Jason said:

We're not all bad people here. Some of us are a little more civilized than others. Enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

While I think most everyone would agree Jason is a bit under powered. I think the OP has made things sound alot more bleak then they are.

• Like 2

I think Jason is in a fine place, it could be better of course, but most lobbies you run into aren't all out into turning you into a pinata.  

Besides most pinata lobbies someone in that group screws up and then the dominoes fall. 

Things that could be better for Jason.

reverting the grab back to how it was, not talking force grab but the grab prior to this one.

taking Jason off the drivers mini-map as he's there constantly.

getting stalk a little earlier in the match.  Stalk produces the most jump scare badass type of kills. 

bring back meat shielding/body blocking.  Then Jason can grab kill people in packs.

I think those changes would help to make Jason feel more powerful and balance the games out a little.  Notice I say nothing about stun resistance.  A pinata lobby still won't care if he's harder to stun as they're in a group and if Jason grabs someone in a group, they're just gonna knock the person off. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, F13Jason said:

This name is far more descriptive to what the game currently is.

There should be a way to kill Jason... but it should be a lot harder to do than it is. No matter how difficult they do make it, there will always be hunting parties trying to kill the big guy.
    Needless to say, I agree with you. The piñata Jason issue is a problem... no one is scared of anyone they can knock on their ass with every hit.

@BillyBallo Who said anything about decreasing the chance to stun for every weapon? Many of them are just fine as they are. However... a guaranteed stun is the reason why no one fears Jason... and is the reason for the piñata parties... and a big part of the reason he is so easy to demask. The guaranteed stun needs to go or these problems will remain... and sucker punch should not make it a guaranteed stun either... or we would be right back to having a guaranteed stun... Most players that have been around for a while already have sucker punch... of epic or even legendary level.
    Removing all weapons from the game is a great idea for a hardcore mode for counselors though... or regular mode for me, just without a weapon in hand to help keep fear down. I almost never use a weapon in the first place. Removing all weapons from the game would barely effect my counselor gameplay. They are in no way required to escape in a car... or a boat... or get the cops called and escape when they arrive... nor are they required to kite Jason until the timer runs out... but it would be pretty difficult to kill Jason in this scenario. Perhaps we could use a tiny net to kill him.... after all, the tiny net is a death sentence.

@SirMang The grab is fine, but punishable. With an actual chance to not stun Jason, it becomes way less punishable and far more acceptable. Meat shielding... I have to agree, it was a mistake to remove this and it should be brought back. 
   I cannot agree with having stalk earlier though. Which power would be switched with it? Morph is required to be first or the cops will be arriving by the six minute mark in more than 90% of matches played. Sense?... stalk for the most part, is useless without sense. Shift? No... it already takes quite long enough before Jason gets his first shift. 

I was driving in two matches last night... and I was shocked to not see Jason on the mini map quite like I normally do. The first one actually missed a shift on me by coming up short with it... and did not show up on the mini map until he came out of shift in front of me. He did not disappear from the mini map again after that. But perhaps this falls under... you do not see him on the mini map until he placed on it by seeing him?
   The second time driving was nothing unusual. Jason did manage to stop me due to a screw up of my own... There may have been beer involved... but being it is only a video game, I do not feel bad about the beer being involved.
    Just having stalk remove him from everyone's mini map no matter the circumstance that put him there nullifies this feature, at least until stalk is canceled when you see him.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

While I think most everyone would agree Jason is a bit under powered. I think the OP has made things sound alot more bleak then they are.

Even the most inexperienced Jason players should not be afraid of being killed.

Jason is supposed to be an unstoppable force of nature, not some pinata for folks who fancy themselves "1337 gamurz".  Weapon spawns need to be halved.  Some of the perks need to be tweaked to bring them in line with the balance of the lesser-powered ones.  

Methods of escape need to be made less predictable.  As it stands now, the game follows a discernible logic that is easy to anticipate with enough exposure and practice.   9 times out of 10, the propeller is in one of the three cabins closest to the boat.  Gas is often less than half a map away.

The fuse for the phone is always within a close proximity to the phone.

Little things like these would make a HUGE difference.  If Jason blocks your attack, you should have a fear surge, and your weapon should break.  Right now, it takes NO SKILL AT ALL to stunlock Jason if you have more than two counselors with weapons.  That needs to change.  They'll never give him a radial AoE stun to manage large groups, so managing counselor paths to victory (or escape) is the most pragmatic solution in light of the "no new content" mandate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ahab said:

This name is far more descriptive to what the game currently is.

There should be a way to kill Jason... but it should be a lot harder to do than it is. No matter how difficult they do make it, there will always be hunting parties trying to kill the big guy.
    Needless to say, I agree with you. The piñata Jason issue is a problem... no one is scared of anyone they can knock on their ass with every hit.

@BillyBallo Who said anything about decreasing the chance to stun for every weapon? Many of them are just fine as they are. However... a guaranteed stun is the reason why no one fears Jason... and is the reason for the piñata parties... and a big part of the reason he is so easy to demask. The guaranteed stun needs to go or these problems will remain... and sucker punch should not make it a guaranteed stun either... or we would be right back to having a guaranteed stun... Most players that have been around for a while already have sucker punch... of epic or even legendary level.
    Removing all weapons from the game is a great idea for a hardcore mode for counselors though... or regular mode for me, just without a weapon in hand to help keep fear down. I almost never use a weapon in the first place. Removing all weapons from the game would barely effect my counselor gameplay. They are in no way required to escape in a car... or a boat... or get the cops called and escape when they arrive... nor are they required to kite Jason until the timer runs out... but it would be pretty difficult to kill Jason in this scenario. Perhaps we could use a tiny net to kill him.... after all, the tiny net is a death sentence.

@SirMang The grab is fine, but punishable. With an actual chance to not stun Jason, it becomes way less punishable and far more acceptable. Meat shielding... I have to agree, it was a mistake to remove this and it should be brought back. 
   I cannot agree with having stalk earlier though. Which power would be switched with it? Morph is required to be first or the cops will be arriving by the six minute mark in more than 90% of matches played. Sense?... stalk for the most part, is useless without sense. Shift? No... it already takes quite long enough before Jason gets his first shift. 

I was driving in two matches last night... and I was shocked to not see Jason on the mini map quite like I normally do. The first one actually missed a shift on me by coming up short with it... and did not show up on the mini map until he came out of shift in front of me. He did not disappear from the mini map again after that. But perhaps this falls under... you do not see him on the mini map until he placed on it by seeing him?
   The second time driving was nothing unusual. Jason did manage to stop me due to a screw up of my own... There may have been beer involved... but being it is only a video game, I do not feel bad about the beer being involved.
    Just having stalk remove him from everyone's mini map no matter the circumstance that put him there nullifies this feature, at least until stalk is canceled when you see him.

you are wrong. you should observe the game more accurately.

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Methods of escape need to be made less predictable.  As it stands now, the game follows a discernible logic that is easy to anticipate with enough exposure and practice.   9 times out of 10, the propeller is in one of the three cabins closest to the boat.  Gas is often less than half a map away.

I don't know why I forgot to mention this part.  

The fuse house is always 2-3 cabins away from where you get the fuse, always.  Crystal Lake is a little different as if the fuse is in Springwater then the fuse house is always the machine shop or the restroom.  

The gas or battery for the car at the machine shop is always in either the machine shop or that cabin next to it.  Most of the time all three parts to that car are in the machine shop, that cabin next to it and the boat house. 

A little variety on objective item spawns would go a long way in giving Jason a little more of an advantage. 

Because, as a counselor, I know when I find the fuse to just look at the cabins in my vicinity and I'll find the box.  If I'm in Springwater and find the fuse I know to go to the restrooms first because they're closest or ask over the mic if it's the fuse house and then head straight to the machine shop.  Or if I spawn at the machine shop and the car is there, I know all 3 parts will be right by me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I agree with a lot of the sentiments from the OP. Jason is too easily hurt by counselors. Its not even hard to kill him.

LOL, apparently you're playing against some pretty unskilled Jasons. I couldn't disagree with this guy more.  Every game is different. Kill squads? So what? Get better at the game and they won't be able to kill you.  Jesus, you only need to kill one of two people to prevent it or just prevent the Sweater from being taken.  It's not difficult to stay alive as Jason. Nothing irritates me more than to see these whiny kids complain about things being too difficult that they want everyone to dumb things down for them. EFF NO...You practice and develop your skills. Then learn some strategies that keep you alive.  Find ways to separate the players. Kill them one by one.  A piece of cake. PRACTICE! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Even the most inexperienced Jason players should not be afraid of being killed.

Jason is supposed to be an unstoppable force of nature, not some pinata for folks who fancy themselves "1337 gamurz".  Weapon spawns need to be halved.  Some of the perks need to be tweaked to bring them in line with the balance of the lesser-powered ones.  

Little things like these would make a HUGE difference.  If Jason blocks your attack, you should have a fear surge, and your weapon should break.  Right now, it takes NO SKILL AT ALL to stunlock Jason if you have more than two counselors with weapons.  That needs to change.  They'll never give him a radial AoE stun to manage large groups, so managing counselor paths to victory (or escape) is the most pragmatic solution in light of the "no new content" mandate.

Like I said I agree Jason is under powered. Ive made lots of suggestions to try to help that. At the same time I don't think the level one Jasons should be unstoppable monsters either.

25 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Like I said I agree Jason is under powered. Ive made lots of suggestions to try to help that. At the same time I don't think the level one Jasons should be unstoppable monsters either.

That's is probably your problem. They're not "level" one Jasons. They're based on the characters from the movie parts.  NONE of the movie parts were easy to stop.