Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

@MortenMagnePal that’s what it says for me, I haven’t had any connectivity issues in some time.

Wonder why I am not getting on a dedicated server my BT internet is the best they offer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Wonder why I am not getting on a dedicated server my BT internet is the best they offer

Not to twist the knife even further...but I have the best BT package also.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the outdated client issue is somewhat region based. It seems to be affecting northern and eastern europe, somewhere around central europe; atleast in some regions in the UK. Also in some parts of South America. Don't know about Asia or North America (some regions with problems?), though atleast to my knowledge the US-servers seem to working fine. A very shitty and frustrating situation.

I will keep on addressing this issue until it gets fixed. Still pissed off...

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lasse_hei, the US servers are working fine, if you can get on them. It’s a battle a lot of times to connect, but once connected, besides the occasional PS4 blue screen of death, they work alright. 

I have heard several people on US servers complaining about the outdated client issue as well though on a couple Facebook groups I follow. So, it’s definitely happening in the states as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue affects PS4 players in Germany, Finland, France, UK and Eastern Europe and the US (east coast for sure). I have talked to people/friends from these regions - I myself am currently living in Germany. I think it is safe to assume it is a somewhat global issue. The other day a friend managed to connect to a EU server (only the gods know how) and invited me and we had a stable connection and playing experience. After 1 1/2 hours we got booted from the lobby and couldn‘t find another match for well over 20mins and decided to call it a day.

So servers are out there, just near impossible to find and connect to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Th3D3adn3kk said:

The issue affects PS4 players in Germany, Finland, France, UK and Eastern Europe and the US (east coast for sure). I have talked to people/friends from these regions - I myself am currently living in Germany. I think it is safe to assume it is a somewhat global issue. The other day a friend managed to connect to a EU server (only the gods know how) and invited me and we had a stable connection and playing experience. After 1 1/2 hours we got booted from the lobby and couldn‘t find another match for well over 20mins and decided to call it a day.

So servers are out there, just near impossible to find and connect to.

Thanks, I´ll tag @mattshotcha for this additional info on the outdated client -issue. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @Sinisterslither and @ZorroEUand everyone else who have informed us/the devs of this problem. More and more people seem to be coming out. Keep vocal, keep feeding info and keep the preasure on!!

This really is a huge issue and it is starting to eat the already diminishing playerbase. Also, it's not good pr..

Hurry up devs, get it fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been stuck on the Canadian server for months which apparently only has a couple hundred players, ever. I EXCLUSIVELY get put in lobbies with groups of teamers I’ve already blocked, literally the same groups of people over and over. It exposes how small the playerbase is.

Regardless of how large the playerbase may be as a whole, if I am perpetually playing with the same groups of people, that’s actually a small playerbase, period. I shouldn’t be recognizing names on a daily basis, “oh, there’s that troll again... yep I have them blocked.” Often the only way to counter these teamers is to use their own troll tactics against them like strategically placed traps or sandbagging  it shouldn’t come to that. And if I had to be selective about lobbies I’d never get to play with how long it takes to find a lobby

This game is now nothing but groups of people coordinating in party chat teaming with their buddies to get trophies and tunneling anyone who is not their friend which is just trolling the lobby and holding the game hostage. When caught, these idiots SWEAR they’re not trolling but are caught placing traps at windows/miraculously untouched Jason/hoarding repair items/refusing to repair/playing together yet are friends/following each other/leave at the same time. Oh ok. That’s the state of the game. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This sucks, I hope a solution is found this month, so the next patch can right things. 

This sounds like a very dodgy little bug. I still have faith they'll figure it out.

@NthnButAGoodTime how are the experiences of the Good Sportsmanship Club with the game by the way?

2 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

This game is now nothing but groups of people coordinating in party chat teaming with their buddies to get trophies and tunneling anyone who is not their friend which is just trolling the lobby and holding the game hostage.

Sounds like high school all over again for some people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

 

@NthnButAGoodTime how are the experiences of the Good Sportsmanship Club with the game by the way?

It's coming off a relatively dormant period, as new people are discovering it. At its height, it was a great spot to gather some good players to be able to play a troll-free game. With enough renewed interest, it could get that way again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

It's coming off a relatively dormant period, as new people are discovering it. At its height, it was a great spot to gather some good players to be able to play a troll-free game. With enough renewed interest, it could get that way again.

Good to know. I'll keep sending players your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha

Respond please. This issue has been plaguing a big portion of the playerbase for two months now and all we have gotten is a "we are looking in to it" on a public forum. Need and deserve more!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 8:27 PM, lasse_hei said:

@mattshotcha

Respond please. This issue has been plaguing a big portion of the playerbase for two months now and all we have gotten is a "we are looking in to it" on a public forum. Need and deserve more!

This game is DEAD on PS4 !!

DEAD !!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ZorroEU for you maybe, but I get games pretty frequently. Me and my friends would play on a Friday night regularly and clean through at least 10 games with 3-5 minutes searching for a new lobby in between. Full sessions too.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ZorroEU said:

This game is DEAD on PS4 !!

DEAD !!!!

Not in my experience but then again, you could be on another server. People shouldn’t assume their experience is the only one.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, lasse_hei said:

@mattshotcha

Any word on the outdated client -shit? A possible fix perhaps? It's been two months now for crying out loud!

 

On 1/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, lasse_hei said:

@mattshotcha

Respond please. This issue has been plaguing a big portion of the playerbase for two months now and all we have gotten is a "we are looking in to it" on a public forum. Need and deserve more!

The team is hammering away at it. I'm trying to get an update on the status, but just returned to the office from travel. I'll update as soon as I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZorroEU said:

This game is DEAD on PS4 !!

DEAD !!!!

I was playing earlier. It still seems alive and well from what I saw.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZorroEU said:

This game is DEAD on PS4 !!

DEAD !!!!

Playing right now on PS4. Full lobbies. You sure you know what the definition of dead is?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Playing right now on PS4. Full lobbies. You sure you know what the definition of dead is?

"The servers are out there"... "I want to believe"...

I don't agree with Zorro, for I play pretty frequently with friends from other regions (invite to the US-servers), though I do understand his sentiment. Without an invite, you simply can not play in certain regions. You can´t find servers because of the outdated client, and when you finally make it to a lobby, its your classic p2p lobby, that takes forever to fill up. So anyone can understand why someone might see the game as dead.

And I have to say that if your arguing point is your personal experience (Dragonfire, I am not specificly adressing you with this comment, more of a general observation), as in saying that "you might not be happy with your experience, while my experience is good ".. Consider that our "experience" (or lack of) has nothing to do with us, but everything to do with the games recent patch that doesn't let us play. It's not a random glitch, or a bug, or a troll, or anything else that we can control in anyway. Therefore comparing experiences as an arguing point is just wrong.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lasse_hei, I understand where you are coming from. I seriously hope they get this issue resolved. You would think they could have tracked the issue down by now, and it's very frustrating that they haven't been able to.

My post to Zorro however was a knee jerk reaction. Hovered over their name, saw they were fairly new and thought it was that time of month when the "game is dead" trolls started posting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...