On 11/23/2018 at 7:38 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

I had the random character glitch happen in a match earlier tonight. Funny thing is, everyone in the match must have been effected, because everyone with a mic was complaining that they didn't load in with the right character. 

During the same match, I tried to open an internal door in the cabin, the prompt went away after I hit the button and the camera was locked on me in almost an over the shoulder view. I couldn't change the view of the camera and I couldn't interact with anything. I basically had to wait while Jason thinned out the herd and located me on his radar. He finally zoned in on me, broke into the cabin and grabbed me. I found a knife right before I glitched and was able to break free. Unfortunately though, even after Jason grabbed me and let me go, I was still locked in the view and he eventually caught me again for the kill.

It's on the EU server I bet ... I see that every day. Savini dll and Jason with infinite shift. It becomes an epidemic.
I noticed they are all 150 levels. Strange to risk their account lvl150.

Most of the counselor side exploits come from Vanessa players that I see. Like being the most troll/meta counselor isn't enough.

I've yet to see Jason side exploiters.

At least they fixed the loading screens....I chuckled in one lobby when someone said they 'liked the new loading screens'.

15 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

've yet to see Jason side exploiters.

This is because you play on the US server. When I put my vpn on the US server everything is fine.

Okay, so after reading this entire thread I see that a few people have mentioned the same issues which I am currently having but it has yet to be addressed so I will attempt to get one.

After this last patch matchmaking is TERRIBLE. Even worse than before dedicated servers were added. If I am lucky, after 5 - 7 minutes of waiting I will get thrown into a lobby of 4 (myself included) and also receive an "Outdated client" error. I have tried deleting and re-installing the game but it makes no difference. I am playing on PS4 in the Pacific Northwest over a hardwired connection. This lack of ability to get into a game is INCREDIBLY frustrating. And annoying. Honestly at this point I feel ripped off by the devs and unfortunately there is no way for me to get a refund of any sort for this game since I bought it through the Playstation Store (a few months before it was available for free for PS+ members -- insult to injury) 

WTF. Why did you have to break this game with this latest patch?

• Thanks 2

Hey everybody I’m new I have been lurking this forums for MONTHS looking at everyone’s take on this game and patches I really did try to give gun and illfonic the benefit of the doubt but I absolutely can’t anymore this game is broken interaction lock can’t pick up health sprays open windows open bear traps etc look gun/black towers studios fix the blood and wood effects on pine hurst they said it was fixed for this update obviously it wasn’t fix the floating phone animation when u call the cops fix the no sound effects for opening/closing doors/closets and pushing the door open and fix the climbing thru windows sound sound effect does not play most times when feet touch the ground and fix the body flicker of dead councelors that happens when jason does a grab kill even tho the flicker lasts for a second its distracting and finally seriously for the love of god add offline saves so we can use all of our Jason’s weapon swapping bloody skins and the additional 9 kills we payed for which is 9 dollars here in the us yes it’s only 9 dollars but I feel ripped off what happens when a thunderstorm hits and knocks out my internet I am stuck with 2 jasons and 4 kills smdh I am level 150 do 1 more patch and keep the games servers up and running as long as possible that is it every patch breaks more and more things I swear if it wasn’t for Friday the 13th movies and Jason voorhees I would NOT play this game but it is the only game we have and might ever get that is as close to the movies as it is it is a fun game when it works but a frustrating chore and nuisance  when it doesn’t sorry for the long posts everybody this was a long time coming Trust me I had NO intentions of ever making an account and posting here just curios to see everything my fellow Friday the 13th fans were posting but I have had enough nonsense with this game and well obviously I’m here

3 hours ago, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

WTF. Why did you have to break this game with this latest patch?

I doubt it was intentional. They're likely working on a fix for the latest update. It could be a while, but hopefully it won't be a while.

2 hours ago, Incompetent said:

Hey everybody I’m new I have been lurking this forums for MONTHS looking at everyone’s take on this game and patches I really did try to give gun and illfonic the benefit of the doubt but I absolutely can’t anymore this game is broken interaction lock can’t pick up health sprays open windows open bear traps etc look gun/black towers studios fix the blood and wood effects on pine hurst they said it was fixed for this update obviously it wasn’t fix the floating phone animation when u call the cops fix the no sound effects for opening doors/closets and fix the climbing thru windows sound sound effect does not play most times when feet touch the ground and finally seriously for the love of god add offline saves so we can use all of our Jason’s weapon swapping bloody skins and the additional 9 kills we payed for which is 9 dollars here in the us yes it’s only 9 dollars but I feel ripped off what happens when a thunderstorm hits and knocks out my internet I am stuck with 2 jasons and 4 kills smdh I am level 150 do 1 more patch and keep the games servers up and running as long as possible that is it every patch breaks more and more things I swear if it wasn’t for Friday the 13th movies and Jason voorhees I would NOT play this game but it is the only game we have and might ever get that is as close to the movies as it is it is a fun game when it works but a frustrating chore and nuisance  when it doesn’t sorry for the long posts everybody this was a long time coming Trust me I had NO intentions of ever making an account and posting here just curios to see everything my fellow Friday the 13th fans were posting but I have had enough nonsense with this game and well obviously I’m here

I hope you feel better.

I don't speak Spanish, but I feel your pain Nefestio. I'm in Canada, on PS4. Quick play has been broken for me since the November patch. I had no issues connecting to a quick play since dedicated servers were release until this patch. Got into a quick play game successfully only once since it came out...there were only two of us in that game. 

I also get a screen that pops up with this error in two scenarios: as soon as I join a lobby and after I finish an offline bots game.

20181124-082528.jpg

The only solution right now that I'm aware of is to create a party or join a friend's session. This blows for me as I don't have many PS4 friends who plays F13. Add me ppl please so I can play again: shatteredjay

Anyone else having issues joining quick play on PS4? If so, what country do you live in?

5 hours ago, Amit1984 said:

the developers really have to do something about it and fix everything.

Devs`ll fix it. But by that time the game will lose a lot of players. And already has. :((

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mayday said:

It's because of this stupid Steam Guide

Yep, you`re absolutly right!

Today I have already sent 13 reports on cheaters from http://jasonkillsbugs.com.  I hope the developers will look at what I sent them and the cheater`s steam profiles will be banned. Normal play is impossible even in the daytime. %(

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

There are no generators in F13. That would be DBD. 

It's Russian Translated with Google. 😮

I had a bug in the car or I fell off the map with the passenger and then we died suicid.

5 minutes ago, Mayday said:

It's Russian Translated with Google. 😮

I had a bug in the car or I fell off the map with the passenger and then we died suicid.

Haha.. looks like it teleported you to the water.. nice

• Haha 1

I'm still waiting for any responce on the EU-server issue. Outdated client, no DS. I swear that this will drive down a big part of european players. Or is that the point? Cut your losses at some point?

Any fucking responce on this issue would be nice. Too much to ask? It's been two weeks of this f*ckery. F*ckity f*ck.

Starting to get a little pissed off here.

2 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

I'm still waiting for any responce on the EU-server issue. Outdated client, no DS. I swear that this will drive down a big part of european players. Or is that the point? Cut your losses at some point?

Any fucking responce on this issue would be nice. Too much to ask? It's been two weeks of this f*ckery. F*ckity f*ck.

Starting to get a little pissed off here.

If it makes  you feel any better, i always seem to get on the EU servers and I dont want to be over there.. haha

44 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

If it makes  you feel any better, i always seem to get on the EU servers and I dont want to be over there.. haha

PS4? If so, then I'm even more pissed. I'll run you over with that yellow two seater the first chance I get 😎

Edit. The issue itself doesn't piss me off nearly as much as the devs silence. Just aknowledge the issue and give us a responce. Apparently customer service isn't one of their strongest fields..

On 11/27/2018 at 9:13 PM, Fair Play said:

I doubt it was intentional. They're likely working on a fix for the latest update. It could be a while, but hopefully it won't be a while.

It may not have been intentional, but they obviously don't care that they did...as is evidenced by the complete lack of response to people having these issues with regard to any sort of fix in the works. 

I've waited well over 20 years for a passable Friday the 13th game and when I finally get one it is full of more bugs than the house of a hoarder who moonlights as a meth cook.

As a lifelong fan of the movie franchise and avid gamer I am incredibly displeased. Do the dev's care? Of course not, they've already got my money.  

31 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

PS4? If so, then I'm even more pissed. I'll run you over with that yellow two seater the first chance I get 😎

Edit. The issue itself doesn't piss me off nearly as much as the devs silence. Just aknowledge the issue and give us a responce. Apparently customer service isn't one of their strongest fields..

Oh sorry, im on pc mate!

25 minutes ago, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

It may not have been intentional, but they obviously don't care that they did...as is evidenced by the complete lack of response to people having these issues with regard to any sort of fix in the works. 

I've waited well over 20 years for a passable Friday the 13th game and when I finally get one it is full of more bugs than the house of a hoarder who moonlights as a meth cook.

As a lifelong fan of the movie franchise and avid gamer I am incredibly displeased. Do the dev's care? Of course not, they've already got my money.  

I can't speak for the feelings of the company. I can't say they do or don't care, as I am not in their heads. I will say that if they truly were looking to just take your money and run, they wouldn't be still be working on fixes.

The game is having issues. That much is a fact. There are many players who have waited just as long (if not longer) for a stellar gaming experience set in the environment of Camp Crystal Lake. Some players feel the same as you. Others feel that the game (while buggy at times) is one of the best experiences that they've ever had.

My family enjoys this game as I do. It's been a great bonding exercise for us. We play together at least once a week. We played together more in the past, but with college, relationships, and other commitments, that's not always an option.

The community is made of many types of people. There are those who can't stand the state of the game. To those people, I say, it may be time to move on. There are those who still enjoy this game quite a bit. To them I say, keep doing what you're doing.

13 minutes ago, KenshiroHNK said:

Why some of us cannot be moderators ?

I think they are particular about who they let become a moderator. I don't know the criteria, but I suspect it could be some of the following:

1. Have a reasonably good attitude.

2. Be tough, but fair in monitoring the forum.

3. Have a love of this game, as well as knowledge corresponding to it.

Other than that, I don't know how people get chosen for that position.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are those who can't stand the state of the game. To those people, I say, it may be time to move on...

I agree there, and that is what is so frustrating to me. Aside from the bugs, I absolutely LOVE this game. The devs did an astonishing job of recreating the environments in the movie for this game, along with some clever (and necessary) artistic licensing. 

I suppose I am being a bit too hard on them with my criticism considering the facts that I wouldn't know the first thing about creating a video game so I could do no better and as far as I know this is a small company with limited time/resources/ employees etc.

The more I think about it, the more my previous posts sounded like they were written by an entitled jackass. For that I apologize.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Drop.Dead.Cynical said:

I agree there, and that is what is so frustrating to me. Aside from the bugs, I absolutely LOVE this game. The devs did an astonishing job of recreating the environments in the movie for this game, along with some clever (and necessary) artistic licensing. 

I suppose I am being a bit too hard on them with my criticism considering the facts that I wouldn't know the first thing about creating a video game so I could do no better and as far as I know this is a small company with limited time/resources/ employees etc.

The more I think about it, the more my previous posts sounded like they were written by an entitled jackass. For that I apologize.

No worries. There's a lot of hostility towards the development team about the state of the game. We hit a bumpy road with this game sometimes. How we all deal with it determines the overall reputation of the community as a whole.

There is a lot to enjoy about this game, when the bugs don't overwhelm and frustrate you. Even with things being as they are, I've made a lot of friends playing this game. If the game was to stop out of the blue, those friendships made are worth the time spent playing.

It will get better. Those who are patient will understand that.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2018 at 2:58 PM, Ahab said:

Many people complain about this... I do not see a problem with it. They should, however... not be screaming when they cannot see him.
   I never have a problem with a counselor screaming in a hiding place... manage your fear a bit better, this will not happen so much. Try playing a counselor with higher composure if you like to use hiding spots... this helps too. Also... you can leave the hiding place with Jason in the building and still bravely run away, away... It is also better to try and find a cabin with more than two hiding spots... it greatly reduces his chances of knowing which spot you are in, even if your counselor is in panic mode and talking to themselves.
   As for them screaming and whispering... "please don't see me" at inopportune times... it is not only a classic horror trope (which fits perfectly for this game)… it is also realistic. When people panic, they actually do stupid shit like this in real life. The people that claim they would never do something like this in a similar situation... have never been in a similar situation, or have never seen (or known) others in a similar situation... and they are usually the first to bravely run away screaming.
   The fear system should actually be a bit harsher with certain things in my opinion.

@i-cold I still have not gotten a prompt for an update on steam either... I am sure it will be along... "soonish."

That's bull... no horror victim in ANY movie I've ever seen has sat in a hiding place uttering phrases to a killer who's actively looking for them, loud enough so the killer can find them and kill them.  It just doesn't happen, and breaks any immersion or belief that it's 'real to life' so the player can then be immersed as well, because no person in their right mind would 'shout' out to a murderer, so that the MURDERER can notice them better.   It just doesn't happen.  I don't see where this is a 'horror trope at all'.  It's just bad programming.

Some people defend this sentiment by saying, it's just a game, it doesn't need to feel real.   Well... that's why Gun Media & Illfonic & Black Rhino or whatever it's called is not "Rockstar" or any other development company, because they sacrifice on these ideas, and take the easy way out of developing the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1