martindaly21

sweater Girl should be able to hit jason

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

She can.

She’s supposed to, but the last few times I tried to use it she was frozen in place. The sweater is notoriously glitch free for everyone but me. 

2 hours ago, martindaly21 said:

i just feel like the sweater girl should be able to hit jason after using the sweater cause most people i played with dont bother to help

Sorry buddy, I got to disagree. Although it isn’t movie accurate having three people kill Jason, makes more sense in game terms. The whole kill scene is an amalgamation of things, not a movie recreation and killing Jason is still to easy. 

Edit - Welcome to the forum by the way.

43 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Can she? I thought they patched that out?..

So did I. 

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Can she? I thought they patched that out?..

They were several different sweater cancel methods and most of them have been indeed patched out.  However, I know 2 methods that work in the current build, they are not as flexable as the previous ones and require some setup in advance.  Because of how controversial topics of "advance tech" or what many others here likes to refer to them, "exploits", I will not talk about them here.  If you have a good understanding of how this game works and already know some of the other "advanced tricks", it's not really hard to figure out and some here may already know the 2 I'm referring to. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Although it isn’t movie accurate having three people kill Jason, makes more sense in game terms. 

I’ve seen over the last few days you can still do it with two. As matter of fact, one of them was when I was Jason (props to the Tommy and Sweater Girl players, they really knew what they were doing and did a great job). 

Sweater girl uses the sweater, Tommy hits Jason from behind, then runs around to face Jason and hits the kill prompt button. 

I’ve also seen it not work with only two players while spectating, but I’m not sure if Tommy had the mask in his inventory during the attempt. 

Sweater girl can still stun Jason. Just make sure you have thick skinned and at least one can of med sprayand a baseball bat. Get as close to Jason as possible, activate the sweater, instantly heal yourself, then instantly cancel the heal with combat stance and stun Jason. You have to be close since the girl melee attack has virtually no range.

Alternatively you can just melee attack as soon as you use the spray without entering combat stance first. I am just used to entering combat stance before swinging.

@GeneiJin People always bring up strafe shifting which can be considered an exploit on Jason's end, so I'm sure you're fine bringing up sweater cancel methods.

I do wish they hadn't patched it out (or mostly out). It was a closer movie call back when the sweater girl could also freely do the melee stun as well. If anything I'd argue she should be the only one allowed to attempt the stun.

Are we sure it's patched out? I had no idea that they did.  Do we know around when?

But around Halloween, I was the sweater girl using AJ and and we killed a part 3 Jason using the NES skin.   I had the bat, Tommy used the axe.   I started the stun, as soon as I could move I switched to combat stance and knocked him to his knees and Tommy finished him off.

Afterwards we found out that this was A very new Jason so who admitted he didn't really know what to do, and I have no idea if he attempted to resist the stun.

9 hours ago, shodan said:

Are we sure it's patched out? I had no idea that they did.  Do we know around when?

But around Halloween, I was the sweater girl using AJ and and we killed a part 3 Jason using the NES skin.   I had the bat, Tommy used the axe.   I started the stun, as soon as I could move I switched to combat stance and knocked him to his knees and Tommy finished him off.

Afterwards we found out that this was A very new Jason so who admitted he didn't really know what to do, and I have no idea if he attempted to resist the stun.

It's supposed to be patched out so the sweater girl can't stun Jason. That was with the grab update I think. Doesn't really matter because Tommy is more than capable of dropping Jason by himself...

Toggle combat stance until sweater girl enters combat stance, then you can stun him. You might have to wait for her to say "Jason, mother is-" and then you can stun him. You might have to wait for "talking" before it works, it might have changed since I last played.

I was wondering why the last 20 plus times I've tried to kill Jason I couldn't stun him as the sweater girl. Good to know now.  I thought I was just having bad luck....now it all makes sense. 

You can drop an item or weapon while using the sweater to hit em still. Not 100% sure that was removed yet, I think they tried to remove it but they removed the ability to use spray or firecrackers while using the sweater instead

Co-ordinated though it shouldn't really matter. Tommy has enough time to knock Jason down with a bat and pick up a machete to finish the job if you guys set it up right