Sign in to follow this  
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow

I'm waiting for new patches.

18 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Just tried to play today. Not worth it until we get new fixes in my opinion.

Myself i'm just grinding CP for the new rolling perks system.

4 hours ago, Vendredi13 said:

Even with bugs i still playing it,make fun

I agree, it's still enjoyable even with the bugs.

• Thanks 2

They just got done with the freebies in October. You would think if they were anywhere close to releasing a new patch. They would've done it when they had the game on sale and with constant percentage perks rolling for the ENTIRE month.

The fact that they didn't roll out an update during that time should either WORRY you greatly or blindly hope for something more.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

They just got done with the freebies in October. You would think if they were anywhere close to releasing a new patch. They would've done it when they had the game on sale and with constant percentage perks rolling for the ENTIRE month.

The fact that they didn't roll out an update during that time should either WORRY you greatly or blindly hope for something more.

Or it just wasn’t done yet, you’re assuming to much, things take time. After the amount of bitching each patch generates I’d take my time too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Or it just wasn’t done yet, you’re assuming to much, things take time. After the amount of bitching each patch generates I’d take my time too. 

I wholeheartedly agree. Think about the amount of bitching if the devs would release a new patch with a new development team that turned out to be full of glitches. I´d rather wait for a fully tested patch that consurns bugs and balance, than a half-assed patch full of glitches that pisses everyone off even more. I do not think that I´m too naive in waiting for such. There is still money to be made in this game. 

Btw, I´m sincerely fedup with these "they lied to us", "they pulled the plug", "this was excuse to halt new content" -whiners, who are making up all sorts of conspiracy theories about why the devs didn't release Uber and such content earlier. Seriously? Have those people not been paying attention? Why do you think the devs focused on engine upgrade? Because the dedicated servers were their first priority. Why? Because the ds needed an engine upgrade. Why did they need the ds? Because the most critique was coming from quiting hosts. Well why was the new content held back? The for mentioned were first priority and because of earlier subpar patches. Why wouldn't they release subpar, untested patches? Because of the negative feedback from such patches. And no, I will not go to the lawsuit conversation, I´ve made my case on that issue already.

The balance and bugfix patches are coming, it will just take a little more time; making sure that it  has as little bugs as possible, proper testing, and ofcourse: smaller revenue means that you can afford a smaller body at work.

Edit. I guess I´ve been lucky. Haven´t experienced any major bugs in a long time, even though I've been playing pretty frequently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@thrawn3054

And I agree with you too. I don't think that the devs representation have been only sunshine and rainbows.. More communication is definately needed, especially now, even though there propably isn't anything to report. Just a little more nods to the fans; "you are still there and we are still here."

But I dont think they are keeping silent because of complaints. Majority of the gaming communities are comprised of preteens/teens who (sorry) don't know too much about the world of economics. Therefore, if the devs would take an offence about complaints from these communities, it would make them seem like grudging adolescents.

I just think they have their hands full. Like I said, less revenue and profit equales less working hands.

Final thought: More communication please, especially now during these times of uncertainty.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow The patches you require is nothing worth being impatient about. The game is still playable.

Future content is ceased and you're still complaining about small things.

4 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

I wholeheartedly agree. Think about the amount of bitching if the devs would release a new patch with a new development team that turned out to be full of glitches. I´d rather wait for a fully tested patch that consurns bugs and balance, than a half-assed patch full of glitches that pisses everyone off even more. I do not think that I´m too naive in waiting for such. There is still money to be made in this game. 

Btw, I´m sincerely fedup with these "they lied to us", "they pulled the plug", "this was excuse to halt new content" -whiners, who are making up all sorts of conspiracy theories about why the devs didn't release Uber and such content earlier. Seriously? Have those people not been paying attention? Why do you think the devs focused on engine upgrade? Because the dedicated servers were their first priority. Why? Because the ds needed an engine upgrade. Why did they need the ds? Because the most critique was coming from quiting hosts. Well why was the new content held back? The for mentioned were first priority and because of earlier subpar patches. Why wouldn't they release subpar, untested patches? Because of the negative feedback from such patches. 

Personally, I would have been perfectly fine waiting for the engine upgrade and dedicated servers if it meant we were getting other content first. To be honest with you, I never really wanted or cared about Uber/Grendel, but I still understand the frustration of others who wanted them considering the inevitable changes of the lawsuit deadline that would have affected the game. A Grendel/Uber DLC would've still been better than an engine upgrade that made the game completely unstable for months and only to find out Uber/Grendel is no longer happening.

It is Gun Media's decision, an unfortunate one to bear with and even though it's one of the few times I respectively disagree with them on this choice, I'm partially blaming half of the community here who were being so bitter. Which is why I agree with you that most of the negative feedback really likely played a huge role in this. 

If we were ever getting anything reserved for last piece of content, a more sensible thing to do would've scrapped anything map, clothing or emote related and just put all their focus on something like new heroes(Tina, Alice, Reggie etc) or an alternative multiplayer mode with a playable Pamela. Something like that would have been more beneficial to the game and expand it's replay value in the long term. Then MAYBE after the lawsuit and settlement between Victor/Horror Inc, I would imagine anything like the low priority content, IMO,(maps, clothing pack, emotes and an almost finish Grendel/Uber) wouldn't really be that difficult to add since it doesn't seem to cost a lot.

At that rate, not only would we have dedicated servers, but also a game with new additional fun mechanics to complete that. The sad thing is though, most of the community here never really wanted to see that big part of the picture and not bother to go that route on campaigning for some of these ideas the multiplayer could be in dire need of. It's their extreme negativity, impatience and emotions of the game that got the best them. And for that, it came with a heavy price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow The patches you require is nothing worth being impatient about. The game is still playable.

Future content is ceased and you're still complaining about small things.

Personally, I would have been perfectly fine waiting for the engine upgrade and dedicated servers if it meant we were getting other content first. To be honest with you, I never really wanted or cared about Uber/Grendel, but I still understand the frustration of others who wanted them considering the inevitable changes of the lawsuit deadline that would have affected the game. A Grendel/Uber DLC would've still been better than an engine upgrade that made the game completely unstable for months and only to find out Uber/Grendel is no longer happening.

It is Gun Media's decision, an unfortunate one to bear with and even though it's one of the few times I respectively disagree with them on this choice, I'm partially blaming half of the community here who were being so bitter. Which is why I agree with you that most of the negative feedback really likely played a huge role in this. 

If we were ever getting anything reserved for last piece of content, a more sensible thing to do would've scrapped anything map, clothing or emote related and just put all their focus on something like new heroes(Tina, Alice, Reggie etc) or an alternative multiplayer mode with a playable Pamela. Something like that would have been more beneficial to the game and expand it's replay value in the long term. Then MAYBE after the lawsuit and settlement between Victor/Horror Inc, I would imagine anything like the low priority content, IMO,(maps, clothing pack, emotes and an almost finish Grendel/Uber) wouldn't really be that difficult to add since it doesn't seem to cost a lot.

At that rate, not only would we have dedicated servers, but also a game with new additional fun mechanics to complete that. The sad thing is though, most of the community here never really wanted to see that big part of the picture and not bother to go that route on campaigning for some of these ideas the multiplayer could be in dire need of. It's their extreme negativity, impatience and emotions of the game that got the best them. And for that, it came with a heavy price.

At this point, pointing fingers solves nothing. The decisions were made, and we have to live with their choices, no matter how we feel about them.

• Like 1

Devs PLEASE do not change health spray spawns any more. I have finally learned where they all are again, after discovering the island spray on Packanack Small. We have had to relearn them after every major patch. That is all I ask of.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mince said:

Devs PLEASE do not change health spray spawns any more. I have finally learned where they all are again, after discovering the island spray on Packanack Small. We have had to relearn them after every major patch. That is all I ask of.

Welcome to the forums. If all else fails, you can equip the "Hypochondriac" perk and start with a Med Spray.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Personally, I would have been perfectly fine waiting for the engine upgrade and dedicated servers if it meant we were getting other content first. 

For the engine upgrade... ALL parts of the game had to be 'touched'. Working on something only to have to do it a second time for it to work with the engine upgrade would be a frickin' stupid thing to do and a colossal waste of time and money.
   As @lasse_hei pointed out, the most complained about thing in the game for quite some time before the engine upgrade... was problems caused by not having dedicated servers on consoles. Of course they were going to do the engine upgrade first... This is actually an instance that proves they were listening to the complaints of the community and trying to do something about it... Something many people simply chose to ignore.
   Dedicated servers were promised for a long time... and this was the only way to keep that promise. ALL console players would be freaking out far more if they had pushed content out first and they did not get their dedicated servers... which would not have been possible if the engine upgrade was not finished before the cut off date... as that would have made the engine upgrade new content and we would never have seen it... and console players would not have their dedicated servers... until they are allowed to add new content... which could very well be 'never'.

The engine upgrade came out on May 24 2018. The "End of Content" announcement was on June 11 2018... How exactly would there have been time to finish all the content everyone wanted with 18 days to spare?... And then... IF it was even possible to finish the engine upgrade before the cut off date... the new content would not work on the engine upgrade until it was 'retouched'... which would cause HUGE issues in the game... if the game could even function with this content in it that is not adjusted to function with the upgrade... Which would mean it may have to be removed entirely from the game until it was completed... And if it was not also completed before the cut off date and put back into the game, it could very well have counted as new content once again... Laws are weird that way.

So... no. You would not have your dedicated servers AND the content we all wanted if they did the content first. All things take time... and they did not have enough time before the cut off date. Logistically, they did the right thing. The engine upgrade was a huge amount of work for them... and their decisions were made in their best interests. We do not get to tell them how to run their company... nor how they should run their company. The flak they have received for this decision is nothing compared to what would have happened if dedicated servers were made impossible for consoles if the engine upgrade was not completed in time because they wanted to add another Jason to the game.

14 minutes ago, Ahab said:

We do not get to tell them how to run their company... nor how they should run their company.

I lot of people struggle with this.

People should keep in mind that steam sales have to be submited months in advanced so that $5.99 steam sale for the Halloween Steam Sale was not made to cover losses it was submited to Valve back who knows when, I just laughed at anyone who said thats what the game should of been sold at when it launched cause you think that a Horror Game this iconic would sell on store shelfs for $5.99. I still play this game and love it even with the randoms who are trolls and the like. The whole thing about Uber Jason being a selling point loss for the game is just getting old now can we move past that one fact already and just enjoy that we even have a Modern Friday The 13th game at all.

I would like to also say that Patches will always bring bugs as a addon to this statement of mine over on a youtube video.

• Thanks 1

They are taking their time.....have some patience! they are reviewing every reported bug known in the game and are likely patching them as we speak! we need to have faith for something to help get this game fixed so lets not belittle or disown them based on that! Yes we haven't had an update patch in a month (October) but come on now this takes time and news to be reviewed and approved by PS4,Steam, and Microsoft! 

On 11/13/2018 at 3:40 PM, Fair Play said:

At this point, pointing fingers solves nothing. The decisions were made, and we have to live with their choices, no matter how we feel about them.

Thanks for that insightful information captain obvious! Still doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on what took place.

On 11/14/2018 at 11:15 AM, Ahab said:

For the engine upgrade... ALL parts of the game had to be 'touched'. Working on something only to have to do it a second time for it to work with the engine upgrade would be a frickin' stupid thing to do and a colossal waste of time and money.
   As @lasse_hei pointed out, the most complained about thing in the game for quite some time before the engine upgrade... was problems caused by not having dedicated servers on consoles. Of course they were going to do the engine upgrade first... This is actually an instance that proves they were listening to the complaints of the community and trying to do something about it... Something many people simply chose to ignore.
   Dedicated servers were promised for a long time... and this was the only way to keep that promise. ALL console players would be freaking out far more if they had pushed content out first and they did not get their dedicated servers... which would not have been possible if the engine upgrade was not finished before the cut off date... as that would have made the engine upgrade new content and we would never have seen it... and console players would not have their dedicated servers... until they are allowed to add new content... which could very well be 'never'.

The engine upgrade came out on May 24 2018. The "End of Content" announcement was on June 11 2018... How exactly would there have been time to finish all the content everyone wanted with 18 days to spare?... And then... IF it was even possible to finish the engine upgrade before the cut off date... the new content would not work on the engine upgrade until it was 'retouched'... which would cause HUGE issues in the game... if the game could even function with this content in it that is not adjusted to function with the upgrade... Which would mean it may have to be removed entirely from the game until it was completed... And if it was not also completed before the cut off date and put back into the game, it could very well have counted as new content once again... Laws are weird that way.

So... no. You would not have your dedicated servers AND the content we all wanted if they did the content first. All things take time... and they did not have enough time before the cut off date. Logistically, they did the right thing. The engine upgrade was a huge amount of work for them... and their decisions were made in their best interests. We do not get to tell them how to run their company... nor how they should run their company. The flak they have received for this decision is nothing compared to what would have happened if dedicated servers were made impossible for consoles if the engine upgrade was not completed in time because they wanted to add another Jason to the game.

Can you reiterate any of this from a developer or Gun Media member confirming this related to Uber/Grendel and the engine upgrade? Unless there was something different about the Jason X DLC we don't know about and they have probably yet to explain, I don't see how including Uber and the Grendel map first before the engine upgrade would be much of an issue. This didn't seem to be the same situation with a similar concern you're explaining heading into the release of Part 4 Jason/Jarvis Map and Roy/Pinehurst beforehand.

There is also no mention of anybody from Gun Media claiming they had concerns of the engine upgrade being possibly counted as new content either. I highly doubt that would be the case as well, since it's not adding any new derivative work of the licensed property. It's only dealing with the performance of the game to make it run properly on each system. You know it obviously shouldn't count as new content either when the dedicated servers were released right in the midst of the lawsuit. And so far, I don't think Gun Media got some scary letter from a lawyer as far as we know. If they knew and were confident the release of dedicated servers would not be affected from certain changes of the lawsuit, what makes you think they what would get that same impression in regards to the engine upgrade? 

You're probably right that console players would've very well freaked out if the dedicated servers were pushed back way later than it's intended release date. Still, at the rate and work all the work they've done, would it really matter? Would the outrage be much different from the one we saw after hearing the news of content ending? My point is, no one will ever be satisfied. There's always going to be that same group of players giving that same type of feedback. I'm sure you've been around here long enough to know that.

Also, when I mentioned the examples for new content being another hero character, an alternative multiplayer mode and Pamela, May 24 2018 through June 11 2018 was not the appropriate timeline I was referring going through my mind. I am talking way before that. An appropriate time where they had the capability to do so. I'm not saying every single one of those content HAVE to be included, they're just examples I've used in terms of quality content that should've been best suited as top priority that'll benefit the game way more than the likes of things like clothing packs or dance emotes when it was getting close towards the deadline of the lawsuit. However, this was heavily lacking. How so? There were more backlash comments towards some of the game creators over bugs and less comments of players being a bit more rational to think about what could benefit the game to make it more fun going into the future.

Now granted, long ago, Wes, posted a thread about this saying it would take a lot of time and money, due to reworking the game and securing likeness of such characters to get it done, but did he say it was impossible? No. You know would've made it a good strong possibility though? Better influence from the community by having more players campaigning for such said ideas. I'm not sure why you and a few others here think this is the same thing as telling them how to or should run their company. I'm not blaming Gun Media and to retract what I mentioned yesterday, I'm not partially, but fully blaming on the terrible feedback that created bad influence for the creators of the game. Unless some one from Gun Media wants to say this is certainly not the case, then I'll be happy to be dismiss this reason. Until then, this is the belief I will continue to stand by.

13 hours ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Thanks for that insightful information captain obvious! Still doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on what took place.

No one said that you couldn't have an opinion. I stand by my words. Pointing fingers solves nothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I had no clue this thread would blow up but I'm thankful it did. 👍

Taking a chance on here pays off sometimes. I've come across some surprisingly good threads based on an array of topics.

But a lot of us don't get in a dedicated server and when the host leaves it ends like it always did.So as a console play I have not benefitted in any way from all that delay.

4 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

But a lot of us don't get in a dedicated server and when the host leaves it ends like it always did.So as a console play I have not benefitted in any way from all that delay.

If you aren't getting in a dedicated server then what is it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

If you aren't getting in a dedicated server then what is it? 

There are still instances where it's P2P hosting. I have been put in P2P a few times since the dedicated servers went live. I normally back out and try again to get on the dedicated servers, but I know players in other parts of the world don't necessarily have that luxury.