Been playing since this game released.

I'm not great at video games. But I've become pretty good at this one.

I get away most of the time.

I like to beat up Jason alot. Pretty good at avoiding his grab and his swing.

The times I don't get away? It's because I fucking stumbled.

It is the most bullshit aspect of a game that is almost entirely comprised of bullshit aspects.

I understand why it's in there. It's a cute reference to the horror genre. I liked the idea at first. And if it happened once a game, ok fine. It happens 10-15 times per game. Do these characters have vertigo? 

How in the whole fuck is this any way fair? Jason has no equivalent. His character doesn't randomly freeze 20 times a game. 

I realize all this has been said before. It's just been irritating me for a while so I thought I'd whine on the internet. Wahh! Ahh. Better.

Lastly, I would just like to extend a hearty "go fuck yourself" to any player who exploits this absolute fuckery. If I've been beating the shit out of you for 20 minutes, and then you "win" because my character froze, please understand this in no way constitutes a victory on your part.

Ok that's all. Let's see how they fuck the game up next!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You know, I've also been playing since this game released.

I kill everyone most of the time.

I like to kill counselors alot. Pretty good at killing them and avoiding their attacks

The times I don't kill em all It's because they get lucky stuns from those fucking "freebies" , shitty battle mechanics and a crappy grab animation.

It is the most bullshit aspect of a game that is almost entirely comprised of bullshit aspects.

I know why it's in there. It's because grieving counselor mains kept crying abput "forcegrabs" and OP Jason. I nevee liked the idea. And if it happened once a game, ok fine. It happens 10-15 times per game. Does Jason have have somekind of spasms that freeze him in place after being hit with a fucking stick? 

How in the whole fuck is this any way fair? Counselors have no equivalent. Jason just freezes 20 times a game after being hit by whoever with whatever

I realize all this has been said before. It's just been irritating me for a while so I thought I'd whine on the internet. Wahh! Ahh. Better.

Lastly, I would just like to extend a hearty "go fuck yourself" to any players who exploit these absolute fuckeries. If I've been killing counselors for 20 minutes, and then you "win" because my character froze after raging through a door or being stunlocked, please understand this in no way constitutes a victory on your part.

Ok that's all. Let's see who's the next loser who comes here crying about absolutely nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

53 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

I like to kill counselors alot. Pretty good at killing them and avoiding their attacks

The times I don't kill em all It's because they get lucky stuns from those fucking "freebies" , shitty battle mechanics and a crappy grab animation.

I know why it's in there. It's because grieving counselor mains kept crying abput "forcegrabs" and OP Jason. I nevee liked the idea. And if it happened once a game, ok fine. It happens 10-15 times per game. Does Jason have have somekind of spasms that freeze him in place after being hit with a fucking stick? 

How in the whole fuck is this any way fair? Counselors have no equivalent. Jason just freezes 20 times a game after being hit by whoever with whatever

Lastly, I would just like to extend a hearty "go fuck yourself" to any players who exploit these absolute fuckeries. If I've been killing counselors for 20 minutes, and then you "win" because my character froze after raging through a door or being stunlocked, please understand this in no way constitutes a victory on your part.

Ok that's all. Let's see who's the next loser who comes here crying about absolutely nothing.

Lmfao! Perfect my friend, perfect!

• Thanks 4

I may be wrong but I think that stumbling is tied to your character’s fear level. If you don’t like that then there are perks to compensate, which is an option that is unavailable to the Jason player. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I may be wrong but I think that stumbling is tied to your character’s fear level. If you don’t like that then there are perks to compensate, which is an option that is unavailable to the Jason player. 

You are absolutely correct.

2 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

Take your chorus of laughter.. that was brilliant.

@Kapow, I think it means they did beat you/win and that’s why you’re so salty. Welcome to the forums by the way, don’t be salty we’re just fuckin with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

That was pure gold! I needed that laugh today, thank you very kindly :D

• Thanks 1

I play Tiffany and therefore stumble as much as a counselor possibly can which messes up her biggest asset: kiting Jason.

I've never once complained about it. It's fine. Next!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I play Tiffany and therefore stumble as much as a counselor possibly can which messes up her biggest asset: kiting Jason.

I've never once complained about it. It's fine. Next!

Hey, have you tried the no fear build? I run Nerves of steel 10%, and Preparedness 10% fear Resistance and she stumbles far less. And can fight, or kite Jason much better. Her stamina regeneration is better, and her screen stays clear longer.

• Thanks 1

I don't hate stumbling. Except when it causes a permanent interaction lock when it happens when healing or trying to pick something up.

23 hours ago, Kapow said:

Been playing since this game released.

I like to beat up Jason alot. Pretty good at avoiding his grab and his swing.

The times I don't get away? It's because I fucking stumbled.

I understand why it's in there. It's a cute reference to the horror genre. I liked the idea at first. And if it happened once a game, ok fine. It happens 10-15 times per game. Do these characters have vertigo? 

How in the whole fuck is this any way fair? Jason has no equivalent. His character doesn't randomly freeze 20 times a game. 

Lastly, I would just like to extend a hearty "go fuck yourself" to any player who exploits this absolute fuckery. If I've been beating the shit out of you for 20 minutes, and then you "win" because my character froze, please understand this in no way constitutes a victory on your part.

Ok that's all. Let's see how they fuck the game up next!

LOL! You must be a millennial , do you wear bubble wrap when you go outside ?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Hey, have you tried the no fear build? I run Nerves of steel 10%, and Preparedness 10% fear Resistance and she stumbles far less. And can fight, or kite Jason much better. Her stamina regeneration is better, and her screen stays clear longer.

I use Nerves of Steel and that alone helps so much with her weaknesses. I'll try Preparedness too, but I've never attempted it since I know she wouldn't be immune to fear like Jenny.

2 hours ago, BFizzle said:

I use Nerves of Steel and that alone helps so much with her weaknesses. I'll try Preparedness too, but I've never attempted it since I know she wouldn't be immune to fear like Jenny.

She's definitely not immune, but it helps alot IMO. I go with NOS, Preparedness and thick skin. She's the best part runner, I think. She can roll with fixers and stay stealthy, then run on ahead to drop a part and go find a weapon.

• Like 1

There are a limited amount of things Jason can use against a running counselor and they are shift, morph, knives, and of course stumbling. If the pre alpha gameplay is anything to go by, stumbling might have been more common before the final game. Starting at 2:00:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

There are a limited amount of things Jason can use against a running counselor and they are shift, morph, knives, and of course stumbling. If the pre alpha gameplay is anything to go by, stumbling might have been more common before the final game. Starting at 2:00:

Thanks for that cool footage, yeah I think stumbles are supposed to be an advantage for Jason. Pretty much as you said there, the devs gave us fear Resistance perks to combat this. Among their other advantages like stam regeneration and sense resist.

8 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

That was awesome, I thought I’d seen everything, thank you for sharing this.

As for the footage itself, man that looked fun. I don’t think the Devs are very good at playing video games though, even their own. They don’t even know if the car is fixed or not. The map seemed very odd, wonder which one it ended up becoming?

On 11/13/2018 at 1:29 PM, NytmereZ said:

LOL! You must be a millennial , do you wear bubble wrap when you go outside ?

Not sure what being a millennial has to do with it. It's annoying when you die because of a stumble. Probably didn't need a topic on the matter, but here we are.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, Kapow said:

I would like to say the same for any counselor who exploits the bullshit feature of jogging just out of reach, stopping to recharge and repeating to avoid being killed by Jason. Shit like that is why im glad theres a stumble, otherwise it would be counslor wins all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

I would like to say the same for any counselor who exploits the bullshit feature of jogging just out of reach, stopping to recharge and repeating to avoid being killed by Jason. Shit like that is why im glad theres a stumble, otherwise it would be counslor wins all the time.

I’ve had badly timed stumbles happen while I was taking a swing at Jason that caused me to die, but I’ve never really whined about it. It isn’t an exploit. It is what it is. The Jason player takes any advantage he can, just as the OP does. 

46 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Neither is an exploit. It's simply learning how the game mechanics work. Neither is something to get angry about.

On 11/12/2018 at 1:30 PM, Kapow said:

Ok then...

So is this topic for those rare moments you die?

What,? You waited a over a year to complain about random stumbles that happen when counsellors are scared? 

Im sure the devs will make your problem a top priority...lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Exactly! With no stumbling, characters like Chad, Tiff, Vanessa and Bugs would be extremely difficult to catch. It evens out, and makes my favorite counselors more enticing. Jenny, Mitch, AJ.