Jump to content
FART_SMUCKER

So...fixes are coming when?

Recommended Posts

Its been a short eternity for these last few fixes to be even addressed aside from "they're being worked on." That was never good enough to hear nor is it now even acceptable being that there's a handful of large bugs still needing to be fixed as well as small ones and its been almost half a year since anything was touched. Unless there's one guy working on it and he's there 6 minutes a week I can understand, but I'm sure that's not the case.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

Its been a short eternity for these last few fixes to be even addressed aside from "they're being worked on." That was never good enough to hear nor is it now even acceptable being that there's a handful of large bugs still needing to be fixed as well as small ones and its been almost half a year since anything was touched. Unless there's one guy working on it and he's there 6 minutes a week I can understand, but I'm sure that's not the case.

   There is a lot more to it than that. Some things you cannot even give an estimate of how long it will take to fix... particularly when you do not know what is causing the problem in the first place. Patches generally game out with somewhere near a month between them before Black Tower studios took over from illfonic. Of course it is going to be somewhat longer for the new guy's first patch to come out... this is a no brainer.
   Would you prefer the new devs rushed out a patch that screws the game up worse... or take the time to make sure they get it right the first time? As far as game breaking bugs... I have not seen any of those in a long time myself. The game is far more playable at this point than it has been since I bought it over a year ago. Personally, I would prefer they take their time and make sure any new patch works as intended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
6 hours ago, Ahab said:

   There is a lot more to it than that. Some things you cannot even give an estimate of how long it will take to fix... particularly when you do not know what is causing the problem in the first place. Patches generally game out with somewhere near a month between them before Black Tower studios took over from illfonic. Of course it is going to be somewhat longer for the new guy's first patch to come out... this is a no brainer.
   Would you prefer the new devs rushed out a patch that screws the game up worse... or take the time to make sure they get it right the first time? As far as game breaking bugs... I have not seen any of those in a long time myself. The game is far more playable at this point than it has been since I bought it over a year ago. Personally, I would prefer they take their time and make sure any new patch works as intended.

 

I've been playing video games since video games were video games. Once computer games that can be patched and changed where they sat were a thing..NEVER has a game with this few of issues has either A: taken this long to even let the people know when it will be done, even a ball-park idea and B: actually fixing them. There's zero excuse at this point. Its been about half a year..HALF OF A YEAR. For a few fixes which a few of them they've tried to do but since obviously illfonic never had the core code and once again they go to change and untangle something with fixes, other things get messed up or just not fixed all together...not sure how one goes about doing that so often every time but here we are.

Game breaking bugs? Being a player you dont want to be, although i dont as so much mind as i do when half the lobby leaves once it happens. Also, interaction lock which has been an issue day one...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FART_SMUCKER I have been playing video games since the first video game. I have had more video games over the years than I care to count. There are bugs in EVERY game. Some are worse than others... and some NEVER get fixed. Just to be clear, I am not defending anyone here. This is just the way of things.
   Also... just so you are aware of when the last update was... it was September 26th... by my count, that is 46 days... pretty far from half a year since the last update. It was also Illfonic's last update. Now there is a new dev team, they have a bit of experience working on a couple of things in this game, but did not write the base code. It will take time for them to bring a patch out... and hopefully it works. I will reserve judgement until I see it.
   Being a random character you did not want to be is annoying, but NOT game breaking. The interaction bug is annoying, but only situationally gets you killed in a game that you had a damned good chance of dying in anyway... also NOT game breaking. A game breaking bug is self explanatory... it 'breaks' the game... or for those that cannot understand what that means.... it makes the game unplayable... which actually means you CANNOT play the game. Neither of these bugs brings the game to a state in which it cannot be played, yet both can be annoying.
   I still have not had an interaction lock for months... and the random selection has been VERY rare for me. Some people talk like it happens every single game... which I do not see happening at all.
   Learn some patience. Bitching about things is not going to get anything done faster... it might even slow the process down.

@thrawn3054 An update would be nice... but until they have something concrete... it is just a guess. All things take time, and a job like patching bugs that you do not know the cause of... let's just say it would be hard to guess accurately... and with the community's responses in the past to certain things, it is better to err on the side of caution I think. If they told us the update would be ready in a week, and for an unforeseen reason it took another... month, or even just an extra day or two... well, you can probably imagine the backlash they would get.

@Vendredi13 The lawsuit has put a stop to new content, not fixing the existing game. Although I will not even hazard a guess as to when we will see the first patch from Black Tower Studios... I hope it is sooner than January, but that is not really too far off at this point either... It is only seven weeks and two days until 2019. My friends are already planning their new year's parties... and don't forget... some people even get some holidays in there somewhere.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vendredi13 said:

I doubt we will get update near soon also with all lawsuit is complicated ,my guess 2019 early

Updates take time. Updates that don't break stuff take more time. I'm willing to wait for the good quality updates.

2 hours ago, FART_SMUCKER said:

I've been playing video games since video games were video games. Once computer games that can be patched and changed where they sat were a thing..NEVER has a game with this few of issues has either A: taken this long to even let the people know when it will be done, even a ball-park idea and B: actually fixing them. There's zero excuse at this point. Its been about half a year..HALF OF A YEAR. For a few fixes which a few of them they've tried to do but since obviously illfonic never had the core code and once again they go to change and untangle something with fixes, other things get messed up or just not fixed all together...not sure how one goes about doing that so often every time but here we are.

Game breaking bugs? Being a player you dont want to be, although i dont as so much mind as i do when half the lobby leaves once it happens. Also, interaction lock which has been an issue day one...

Fixes are a delicate process. There are more factors than any of us know about that could cause a delay in an update. It sucks to wait, but wait we must. The fixes will come, give it time.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I generally agree with what @Ahab said. I would add though I wish we could get an update on what is being worked on.

I'm sure that when they have something relevant to report, they will.

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

The lawsuit has put a stop to new content, not fixing the existing game. Although I will not even hazard a guess as to when we will see the first patch from Black Tower Studios... I hope it is sooner than January, but that is not really too far off at this point either... It is only seven weeks and two days until 2019. My friends are already planning their new year's parties... and don't forget... some people even get some holidays in there somewhere.

I'm currently planning my Thanksgiving, Christmas party and New Years' Eve party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ahab I agree things take time. Especially with a nrw dev team stepping in. When I say an update. I mean if they could drop a post about what's being worked on and what is being looked into. Even a something as simple as we're looking into problem X, but haven't found the solution yet would help moral. I think it's the silence that's frustrating. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone's hopeful for the first update by Black Tower studios

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm currently planning my Thanksgiving, Christmas party and New Years' Eve party.

   It is always good to plan ahead.

@thrawn3054 I agree, the silence is frustrating. But to look at it from their point of view... even if they tell us what is being worked on, the community immediately demands to know when it is coming... the fans of this franchise can be a hard group to deal with at times (there are good and bad people in any group)… We have all seen the backlash they get and it happens almost every time they say something good, or something bad.
    Communication is great... and there are many of us that appreciate what little communication we do get. But with the rude crap they have to put up with nearly every time they speak... I would not talk much either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Ahab said:

   It is always good to plan ahead.

@thrawn3054 I agree, the silence is frustrating. But to look at it from their point of view... even if they tell us what is being worked on, the community immediately demands to know when it is coming... the fans of this franchise can be a hard group to deal with at times (there are good and bad people in any group)… We have all seen the backlash they get and it happens almost every time they say something good, or something bad.
    Communication is great... and there are many of us that appreciate what little communication we do get. But with the rude crap they have to put up with nearly every time they speak... I would not talk much either.

Very true. I understand why the communication is limited. It's very rare that when a statement is made that people don't start complaining. They could make a statement that content was back on and the next patch would include Uber Jason, Grendal map, and a bunch of clothing and kill packs and all bugs fixed, and there'd be somebody complaining. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Very true. I understand why the communication is limited. It's very rare that when a statement is made that people don't start complaining. They could make a statement that content was back on and the next patch would include Uber Jason, Grendal map, and a bunch of clothing and kill packs and all bugs fixed, and there'd be somebody complaining. 

   Exactly my point. Even though there would be many in the community thanking them if your hypothetical statement was ever made, there would still be some toxic pricks that will find a reason to complain about something good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ahab said:

@FART_SMUCKER I have been playing video games since the first video game. I have had more video games over the years than I care to count. There are bugs in EVERY game. Some are worse than others... and some NEVER get fixed. Just to be clear, I am not defending anyone here. This is just the way of things.
   Also... just so you are aware of when the last update was... it was September 26th... by my count, that is 46 days... pretty far from half a year since the last update. It was also Illfonic's last update. Now there is a new dev team, they have a bit of experience working on a couple of things in this game, but did not write the base code. It will take time for them to bring a patch out... and hopefully it works. I will reserve judgement until I see it.
   Being a random character you did not want to be is annoying, but NOT game breaking. The interaction bug is annoying, but only situationally gets you killed in a game that you had a damned good chance of dying in anyway... also NOT game breaking. A game breaking bug is self explanatory... it 'breaks' the game... or for those that cannot understand what that means.... it makes the game unplayable... which actually means you CANNOT play the game. Neither of these bugs brings the game to a state in which it cannot be played, yet both can be annoying.
   I still have not had an interaction lock for months... and the random selection has been VERY rare for me. Some people talk like it happens every single game... which I do not see happening at all.
   Learn some patience. Bitching about things is not going to get anything done faster... it might even slow the process down.

@thrawn3054 An update would be nice... but until they have something concrete... it is just a guess. All things take time, and a job like patching bugs that you do not know the cause of... let's just say it would be hard to guess accurately... and with the community's responses in the past to certain things, it is better to err on the side of caution I think. If they told us the update would be ready in a week, and for an unforeseen reason it took another... month, or even just an extra day or two... well, you can probably imagine the backlash they would get.

@Vendredi13 The lawsuit has put a stop to new content, not fixing the existing game. Although I will not even hazard a guess as to when we will see the first patch from Black Tower Studios... I hope it is sooner than January, but that is not really too far off at this point either... It is only seven weeks and two days until 2019. My friends are already planning their new year's parties... and don't forget... some people even get some holidays in there somewhere.

ok i see thanks for make it clear, il like u high quality post cheer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Updates take time. Updates that don't break stuff take more time. I'm willing to wait for the good quality updates.

Fixes are a delicate process. There are more factors than any of us know about that could cause a delay in an update. It sucks to wait, but wait we must. The fixes will come, give it time.

I'm sure that when they have something relevant to report, they will.

I'm currently planning my Thanksgiving, Christmas party and New Years' Eve party.

I was just saying optimistic Ya ikr im a patient person i do give a change to new devs to baill the code isnt easy to learn cheer hope u understanding i nor English sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Ahab I agree things take time. Especially with a nrw dev team stepping in. When I say an update. I mean if they could drop a post about what's being worked on and what is being looked into. Even a something as simple as we're looking into problem X, but haven't found the solution yet would help moral. I think it's the silence that's frustrating. 

Do you know read Japanese? cuz black tower studios probably don't in talk,write English 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vendredi13 said:

Do you know read Japanese? cuz black tower studios probably don't in talk,write English 

Black Tower wouldn't need to be the ones making the statement. That would probably be done by Shifty. Unless you're suggesting Gun has no means of breaching the language barrier. In which case I'm not sure how they'd have hired Black Tower to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't worry they'll fix like 5 things, and then 10 different new problems will arise.

I have a lot of faith, can't you tell?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Black Tower wouldn't need to be the ones making the statement. That would probably be done by Shifty. Unless you're suggesting Gun has no means of breaching the language barrier. In which case I'm not sure how they'd have hired Black Tower to begin with. 

Idk either lol i dont want put blame on guns but maybe a lack transparent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Don't worry they'll fix like 5 things, and then 10 different new problems will arise.

I have a lot of faith, can't you tell?

You're just living off the experience and you're not wrong to feel that way in the slightest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ahab said:

   It is always good to plan ahead.

@thrawn3054 I agree, the silence is frustrating. But to look at it from their point of view... even if they tell us what is being worked on, the community immediately demands to know when it is coming... the fans of this franchise can be a hard group to deal with at times (there are good and bad people in any group)… We have all seen the backlash they get and it happens almost every time they say something good, or something bad.
    Communication is great... and there are many of us that appreciate what little communication we do get. But with the rude crap they have to put up with nearly every time they speak... I would not talk much either.

A lot of us are on the same page. I'll take the little communication we get, and be happy with that.

@Vendredi13 Black Tower is in Japan and Australia. Between both locations, I'm sure 1 or 2 of their staff speaks English.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...