Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire82877

GameStop Exclusive Retro Jason

On 1/3/2019 at 5:27 PM, Dogmatic said:

Me and Dole here go back many years, and he's called me worse haha. The reason I'm a 'whore' so to speak is that the name listed there under "Special Thanks" is me.

Tee-hee!

On 1/3/2019 at 4:56 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Are you offering to buy him one? Calling him one? 

The lack of context is staggering, lol.

Enjoy your context!  :)

On 1/3/2019 at 5:44 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Congratulations, that’s very cool.

It also makes Dole’s comment at the top make a tad more sense...

If he wanted to be outed, I figured he should out himself.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:47 PM, Dogmatic said:

20130220_092719_zps6ee93c80.thumb.jpg.45578b2819e6630771c7269040eb2446.jpg

Here's my original. Next post, I'll do a side by side.

You're looking at a piece of history here, kids. If they ever make an F13 museum, this figure belongs in it.

I still remember the day when you first posted this in the toy thread. Who knew?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Tee-hee!

Enjoy your context!  :)

If he wanted to be outed, I figured he should out himself.

You're looking at a piece of history here, kids. If they ever make an F13 museum, this figure belongs in it.

I still remember the day when you first posted this in the toy thread. Who knew?

You have a link to that toy thread? This whole thing is fascinating to me.

7 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

You have a link to that toy thread? This whole thing is fascinating to me.

Same here! If there is still a link somewhere, please share. 

8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Same here! If there is still a link somewhere, please share. 

Geez...it might take ages to comb through all those pages. This was a few years ago. Let me see what I can dig up.

@Dogmatic, would you have any objections? Provided I can find it?

*EDIT* Found it. Once I remembered that the SDCC figure was from 2013 it wasn't hard to track the exact pages down. I'll post the links if he approves.

• Like 1

Go for it.

EDIT 

I forgot I did this way back when. I made a timeline(lol) of my NECA interactions. I'm sure the links don't work because Photobucket, but they're beside the point. 

Feb. 19th, 2013: @NECA_TOYS Ever think about doing this Jason variant? I did… WIP http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/VoorheesX2/20130219_222624_zpsa5b1a908.jpg

@Willdogma have to admit I had not but I am intrigued. Show me more as I recall this classic LJN game for NES 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/VoorheesX2/20130220_092719_zps6ee93c80.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/VoorheesX2/JasonNES-2_zpsf764b2d0.jpg 

@Willdogma Hilarious man – first time I have seen someone do this. Kind of wish we did it as a chase figure now. Love nostalgia homages A++

April 28th, 2013: Might do something w a NES inspired Jason. Will let you know if it happens & you get the first one free if it does

You gave me an idea with this one for SDCC that might happen

Holy crap! I always just wanted to paint one like that, ‘cause I’m a weirdo. Never in my life did I think it would be legit.

Haha well I love nostalgia & it gave me an idea packaging too - We'll see if it happens. Let u know

Any chance what you have in mind is like that Simon Belmont you guys did a few years ago?

Nope, it's more like what you did w a few clever twists & unique packaging. If it all gets approved this is a homerun for nostalgia

I know this is your thing, but in my mind I see the front of the blister having an 8bit F13 logo with one of the counselors above it

From the game, with the background being the cabin wall and floor from the game. That’d be pretty keen.

Wait & see. Might be even cooler than that. All depends on approvals

May 10th, 2013: Pay close attention to the SDCC reveal today. Plan to acknowledge you on packaging even

Pardon my French, but holy shit. Guys, this is just beyond… I’m eternally grateful, and this is just AWESOME. I’m part of F13 history! Lol

You helped inspire our SDCC creation.

• Like 1