Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfire82877

GameStop Exclusive Retro Jason

The paint job is a little different though, they added black lines to simulate the 8-bit outline of the in-game character's clothing.  I already have the original release though, so I will probably pass on it. (Although my GameStop often ends putting a lot of it's action figures on clearance, so if it's cheap I might bite.)

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Dolemite and @Pazuzu, does the original’s pack play the theme music from the game as well?

Yes, it was that creepy theme when you entered the cabins. Mine still works, but I'm not really sure if the battery can be replaced.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

The paint job is a little different though, they added black lines to simulate the 8-bit outline of the in-game character's clothing.  I already have the original release though, so I will probably pass on it. (Although my GameStop often ends putting a lot of it's action figures on clearance, so if it's cheap I might bite.)

I assume you mean the differences between the SDCC version and this one? I actually greatly prefer the re-release...I didn't care for the transparent glow-in-the-dark pieces of the SDCC figure, and I never bothered picking that one up.

There's a dude who posts here who is basically responsible for the entire 8-bit retro Jason craze, as much as he tries to be humble about it.

18 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Dolemite and @Pazuzu, does the original’s pack play the theme music from the game as well?

Yeah, the music playback on mine still works as well. It's neat.

• Like 1

@Dolemite for some reason the black outlines around the collar looked more prominent on the GameStop website photo, I just took mine off the shelf and realized it is exactly the same. My mistake, apparently it is exactly the same as the previous release. (Also, the battery finally died. ? )

3 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

@Dolemite for some reason the black outlines around the collar looked more prominent on the GameStop website photo, I just took mine off the shelf and realized it is exactly the same. My mistake, apparently it is exactly the same as the previous release. (Also, the battery finally died. ? )

That's a good thing about NECA...they often will re-release in-demand stuff so people can avoid being buttfucked by scalpers on ebay.

• Like 2

The only differences I can see in the one going to be available at GameStop and the SDCC Jason are:

SDCC Jason has translucent glow in the dark hands and mask, GameStop Jason does not. 

GameStop Jason comes with Mother’s head and the SDCC one doesn’t. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The only differences I can see in the one going to be available at GameStop and the SDCC Jason are:

SDCC Jason has translucent glow in the dark hands and mask, GameStop Jason does not. 

GameStop Jason comes with Mother’s head and the SDCC one doesn’t. 

NECA already released this same exact figure a ways back. This is just a re-release.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolemite said:

NECA already released this same exact figure a ways back. This is just a re-release.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I missed it the first go around, thought this was the first release since the SDCC exclusive.

I'll probably end up buying this figure again, just because my other one's music battery ran out. Oh and I accidentally snapped the leg off, haha.

So this hits stores in March. When you crazy kids pick yours up, make sure to eyeball this detail on the packaging. It's my favorite part of it all.

1497886521477001.png

4 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

So this hits stores in March. When you crazy kids pick yours up, make sure to eyeball this detail on the packaging. It's my favorite part of it all.

1497886521477001.png

Whore.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Whore.

Are you offering to buy him one? Calling him one? 

The lack of context is staggering, lol.

Edit - someone’s sad no one offered to buy them a whore, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Are you offering to buy him one? Calling him one? 

The lack of context is staggering, lol.

Me and Dole here go back many years, and he's called me worse haha. The reason I'm a 'whore' so to speak is that the name listed there under "Special Thanks" is me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

Me and Dole here go back many years, and he's called me worse haha. The reason I'm a 'whore' so to speak is that the name listed there under "Special Thanks" is me.

Congratulations, that’s very cool.

It also makes Dole’s comment at the top make a tad more sense...

On 11/12/2018 at 10:59 AM, Dolemite said:

There's a dude who posts here who is basically responsible for the entire 8-bit retro Jason craze, as much as he tries to be humble about it.

And thanks, not sure how you’re responsible for the 8-bit Retro craze but it’s appreciated very much by us eighties kids. 

Five years ago I repainted a NECA Part 4 Jason into a Retro Jason. I showed it to NECA, and they liked it so much they made the original SDCC version. It was one of the hottest selling exclusives that year, and the whole Retro Jason craze exploded. 

• Thanks 1

20130220_092719_zps6ee93c80.thumb.jpg.45578b2819e6630771c7269040eb2446.jpg

Here's my original. Next post, I'll do a side by side.

• Like 2

20130619-205711.jpg

Here's mine next to the SDCC one. In my opinion, they went a little off on the execution. The second version was better, but the color still wasn't quite right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dogmatic said:

Here's mine next to the SDCC one. In my opinion, they went a little off on the execution. The second version was better, but the color still wasn't quite right.

I love your original, glad you showed them and it was a hit. I agree their version is a pale comparison to yours but an adequate reproduction of the games Jason. 

I have no more likes to give, but I’ll come back tomorrow, 😊.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dogmatic said:

Here's my original. Next post, I'll do a side by side.

Excellent job! Thanks for sharing, both now and with NECA, making the Retro Jason figure happen.

• Like 2