Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As the title implies, I'd like to get a discussion rolling about the idea of Jason having perks like counselors.  Some of this was already covered in another thread, but as @Slasher_Clone correctly pointed out it was off topic and this is something that deserves it's own topic. At least in my opinion. 

A couple of things to get out of the way first. I'm well aware this will probably fall under the heading of new content, and therefore be impossible to do even if the devs want to. We however have nothing to lose and maybe alot to gain. Also I'm aware this probably belongs in the suggestion/feed back section. However I thought this could be a nice discussion to have in tandem with the counselor version. 

Now with all that said I'll lay out my idea for Jason perks. 

It would work in the same fashion as buying kills. You spend the required amount of cp to unlock the perk and it would be unlocked for each of your Jasons that you have unlocked. 

The perks would be comprised of the existing Jason abilities. 

Each Jason would be allowed to equip one perk at a time.

You may only equip a particular perk to a Jason if it's not already a strength. For example you can't give a plus shift Jasons another buff to shift. You may only apply a perk that is a neutral or negative stat to that particular Jason. 

The perks would have a static ability and not be percentage based and would move up the ability in question by one tier. So a Jason with a base stat of minus shift who equips the plus shift perk would have a neutral shift. A Jason with a base stat of neutral shift would have plus shift if the plus shift perk was equipped to them.

At the moment all Jason abilities would be allowed to be perks with the exception of running. No turning walking Jasons into running ones. I'm also considering adding destruction to that list of abilities that wouldn't be turned into a perk, but that needs more thought.

That's the basic outline of my idea and I hope others come with there own ideas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk about perks per say...but i always thought it would cool if you gave jason some additional tools. Whether he got to choose or he just got one of each or something. Such as a tree stump  barricade he can place on map (just like in part 2) Make it little trickier for car escape. Also the snare trap , which would leave a councilor dangling, only another councilor can save them with mini game. And pickup weapons on maps...sledgehammer, baseball bat, weedwacker, etc. Maybe just a one time use for the kill? How cool would that be. 

Cool extras like that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My idea with the perks is to tie a strength to a weakness, but then you have to pair it to the proper Jason otherwise it could become detrimental. For instance, giving a plus shift Jason like Part 9 a plus plus shift could make shifting virtually uncontrollable, while simultaneously making walking even slower. However, with a Part 4 Jason it may not be so bad. I don’t have a problem making walking Jasons into runners and vice versa if that is what the player desires. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snare trap, bow and arrow, speargun, claw hammer perks.  Stalk endurance, makes stalk last longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Vendredi13 said:

Hmm make Jason more op no ty

They can make perks but still keep it balanced. For instance, it would be interesting that if knowing you were going up against Jason killers that had no intention of escaping you could sacrifice shift and/or morph to send your hit points through the roof, making mask removal extremely unlikely. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of perks.  Im thinking more along the lines of something a bit more special.

I call it "Mothers Blessing"

Where Jason gets to choose ONE special ability.. Which has to be toggled on at anytime ONCE per match.  And stays on till that ability is used.

 

For example.. Heres some ideas.  

 

Grounder  -  Once activated the NEXT generator or repaired fuse box Jason destroys stays destroyed for the rest of the match

Repo Man - Once activated, if Jason disables a car it stays disabled for the rest of the match.

Rampage - Once activated.  The Next Counselor attack on Jason makes Jason immune to stun for 13 seconds.  (Sweater stun still works)

Death Grip - Once activated.. The next counselor Jason grabs cannot break free or be saved for 13 seconds and will remain in Jasons grasp for 13 seconds.  (Sweater Stun will work) (pocket knife does not work)

Marked For Death -  The next counselor hit by a throwing knife cannot heal for the rest of the match

 

I have more ideas, but these are the ones i kind of like the most.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Instead of perks.  Im thinking more along the lines of something a bit more special.

I call it "Mothers Blessing"

Where Jason gets to choose ONE special ability.. Which has to be toggled on at anytime ONCE per match.  And stays on till that ability is used.

 

For example.. Heres some ideas.  

 

Grounder  -  Once activated the NEXT generator or repaired fuse box Jason destroys stays destroyed for the rest of the match

Repo Man - Once activated, if Jason disables a car it stays disabled for the rest of the match.

Rampage - Once activated.  The Next Counselor attack on Jason makes Jason immune to stun for 13 seconds.  (Sweater stun still works)

Death Grip - Once activated.. The next counselor Jason grabs cannot break free or be saved for 13 seconds and will remain in Jasons grasp for 13 seconds.  (Sweater Stun will work) (pocket knife does not work)

Marked For Death -  The next counselor hit by a throwing knife cannot heal for the rest of the match

kind

I have more ideas, but these are the ones i kind of like the most.

I kind of like it but what would help a better balancing is perks from 1-3 slots most likely 3, imagine it that way.

Objective Build

  • When in rage mode Jason can destroy cars for the rest of the match if stopped.
  • Spawn with extra traps by 1
  • When someone start working on objective get a notication 

Combat Build

  • Recover from stun 25% faster
  • Attack speed increase by 10%
  • Damage Reduced by 12%

Mixed build

  • Recover stalk faster
  • Increase weapon range by 5%
  • Smash doors faster

You get the ideas perks must be kind of equal with counselors counterparts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Vendredi13 said:

Hmm make Jason more op no ty

Yeah, because the main character of the game needs to stay the weakest component ? 

Balance of this game is off because people whined and complained Jason was to OP. Now we have dance parties and chain stunning. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jason Perks could maybe be done using only what is in the game already if we stop think of them as Perks. Jason needs to be unpredictable again, and we know his Strengths and Weakness are inactivated buttons in the menu’s. So this is what I propose, Jason is given the ability to turn off one weakness, and one additional weakness per strength he turned off. 

So for example part 5 could turn off - defence, + throwing knives, and - stun resistance. Turning him into a running, stalking tougher version of himself. I would be very curious how people ran their Jason’s, if they could change it up in this way, would people be willing to give up a strength to rid themselves of a weakness. 

I think this idea is kinda self balancing, yes some Jason’s might end up being OP but if they give the Counselors something Jason should get something in return, and maybe some weaknesses won’t be able to be disabled ie. running, or swim speed. Each Jason my have one strength or weakness that can’t be clicked on, it’s part of that Jason and can’t be turned off.

Jason could also be allowed to start with either Stalk as well as Morph, or be able to select one power to start the match with, basically which ever power he uses, the first Morph doesn’t count. So Jason could go to the phone house under stalk or shift right after morphing in. 

Thanks for reading, still thinking about it but that’s it for now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

I kind of like it but what would help a better balancing is perks from 1-3 slots most likely 3, imagine it that way.

Objective Build

  • When in rage mode Jason can destroy cars for the rest of the match if stopped.
  • Spawn with extra traps by 1
  • When someone start working on objective get a notication 

Combat Build

  • Recover from stun 25% faster
  • Attack speed increase by 10%
  • Damage Reduced by 12%

Mixed build

  • Recover stalk faster
  • Increase weapon range by 5%
  • Smash doors faster

You get the ideas perks must be kind of equal with counselors counterparts.

 

You have a really interesting idea. I like it quite abit.

 

 

@Slasher_Clone That's a really cool idea. I know in my case I never play as part 6 because I hate the minus morph. I also love part 3 and 8, but dislike the minus sense. Being able to switch that off would be fantastic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thrawn3054  I like your idea up top... but wouldn't turning say a -Shift into a neutral shift Jason leave only two weaknesses...
   Running and walking Jasons off the board for this like you say... But I really do not consider "Can Run" a strength, nor "Can't Run" a weakness... I consider them tied to that particular Jason to keep them movie accurate... the walking Jasons never ran... but Part 2, 3 and 4 all ran in their movies... but never fast enough to actually catch someone... There are many players that prove "Can't Run" is most definitely not a weakness... and I find the biggest plus to "Can Run" is that I can gather knives quicker than a Jason that cannot run.
  Shouldn't another weakness be put in to compensate for the lost weakness? Either a choice of weakness or a random weakness that excludes that weakness you just got rid of... and also excluding whatever weakness you still have so non of them become double weaknesses? Or would a doubling of the one other weakness be enough?... without effecting "Can Run" or "Can't Run" of course.
   It is, after all... a big change for whichever Jason you are using, even considering it is only one weakness you are getting rid of... but this could keep counselors guessing as to what your particular Jason is capable of. I imagine many people wondering if that Part 4 Jason still have a -Water Speed as a weakness... even though he also has a -Shift weakness.

   Off the top of my head... How about a perk that allows Jason a one time power use even when that power is in cooldown... but will throw a random power that is not currently in cooldown... into its full cooldown?... This might disallow the use of stalk before a morph... or you may have no shift after the morph... But just one extra morph when you get a warning immediately after using a morph could come in handy. The ability to immediately go into stalk after finishing a stalk would be interesting... but if you lost sense with the use, it might not be worth it.

@xllxENIGMAxllx Interesting ideas... The only parts I don't like are...
    Permanently destroying the car when in rage... How about it takes twice as long to start it after he smashes it in rage?... They still need a chance to escape.
    For your combat build you have... recover from stuns 25% faster... How about a 25% chance to completely resist the stun.... #End Chain Stunning Now.

    For your "smash doors faster"... do you mean smash it down in fewer hits?.... or speed up the animation by a percentage? Fewer hits might be a bit overpowered for those "destruction" Jasons. It would sure be nice to speed up the door smashing for every other Jason a bit though... Six swings per door gets monotonous. 

@Slasher_Clone I am not sure I would want to get rid of a strength to lose one weakness... I guess it would depend on which Jason I was playing at the time. To me it makes sense on Part 2 Jason to lose the +Morph to get rid of the -Shift... Or with Part 7 lose the +Water Speed to get rid of the -Shift.
   Still, a very interesting idea you have there.

@HuDawg "Mother's Blessing"... great name for any kind of extra power or perk for Jason.
   Grounder: only being able to destroy one fuse box permanently is not overpowered in my opinion... But (if they could fix this box after the power is used on it) perhaps an auto mistake when trying to fix this box... or damage to the counselor trying to fix it from an unexpected shock?
   Repo Man: xllENIGMA had this one as well... How about it takes twice as long to start the car after this power use?... They still need a chance to escape.
   Rampage.... I love it... have this power activate any time three or more counselors are within ten feet of Jason... #End Chain Stunning Now.
   Death Grip... I love it... but the kill should have to be an environmental kill... Hardly anyone ever uses those things, it would be great to see more environment kills in any match.
   Marked For Death.... As a one time power... this is great. There is WAY too much healing going on in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Yeah, because the main character of the game needs to stay the weakest component ? 

Balance of this game is off because people whined and complained Jason was to OP. Now we have dance parties and chain stunning. 

And we have strong Jason players who can wipe lobbies if they're trying well before rage activates, regardless of what people do. 

I lackadaisically play as Jason these days because there isn't much challenge to me being Jason and if I kill people quickly, they just leave the lobby.  Almost every match some idiot comes up to me trying to fight after I trap the fuse box thirty seconds in, I injure them and then morph away.  I'll go to the car and someone there will try the same thing, injure them and morph away.  After that I'll just randomly stalk people around the map, grow bored, do it to someone else.  I'll throw knives at people, leave them limping, and go to someone else.  By the midpoint of the match, I'll have half the lobby limping around.   I'll hear people putting gas in, battery in, prop in and completely ignore it.  

Could newer players as Jason use some buffs?  Absolutely, because they're gonna run into counselors who will make them their bitch.  But you'd have to give buffs also to the strong Jason players and you'd see lobbies cleared in 5 minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Off the top of my head... How about a perk that allows Jason a one time power use even when that power is in cooldown... but will throw a random power that is not currently in cooldown... into its full cooldown?

A version of this is the other Idea I had been working on, use a second power or a power that is still recharging but have it drain from all the still charging powers the difference. Yours might be cleaner though as it only drains one full power. That second shift would be a godsend when you miss the car or get juked though.

edit - interesting ideas all around guys and girls, look forward to reading more later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Slasher_Clone A one for one exchange just seemed to be "balanced", as long as it is only a one time use per match... but others might disagree when you use two shifts in a row... or two morphs in a row. A second shift will not always give you a second chance for the car though... once you miss it and end up far enough behind it, even a +Shift speed cannot catch the car without the ability to get ahead of it... In certain situations it would give that second chance though.

@SirMang Once counselor players learn how to play as a team effectively, they can get both cars moving and escape before Jason gets his first shift and end a match far quicker than the best Jason players could ever hope for... even on big maps.
   As this is about 'perks' for Jason... this would all count towards new content either way and couldn't be done... its only a hypothetical discussion... until someone comes up with something that is just an adjustment to something that already exists in the game at least.
   Here is a suggestion you might like though... a perk for Jason that will allow him to be invisible on all player's mini maps for thirty seconds, even if currently marked by a flare gun... one time per match. Even the best drivers with nerves of steel would be driving blind to Jason on their mini map for a short time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ahab said:


@SirMang Once counselor players learn how to play as a team effectively, they can get both cars moving and escape before Jason gets his first shift and end a match far quicker than the best Jason players could ever hope for... even on big maps.
   As this is about 'perks' for Jason... this would all count towards new content either way and couldn't be done... its only a hypothetical discussion... until someone comes up with something that is just an adjustment to something that already exists in the game at least.
   Here is a suggestion you might like though... a perk for Jason that will allow him to be invisible on all player's mini maps for thirty seconds, even if currently marked by a flare gun... one time per match. Even the best drivers with nerves of steel would be driving blind to Jason on their mini map for a short time.

I've never seen players get both cars done before I've had shift.  As I've stated before if there's an experienced driver, doesn't matter how good you are as Jason, you're not stopping the car regardless of when it's in motion.  So yeah I could get behind something that allows for Jason not to show on the mini-map or something that would remove the drivers mini-map for a short period of time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SirMang I have seen six players escape in two cars on each map (that has two cars), before Jason gets his first shift many times... both as Jason and as someone in a car, although I was not always driving.
   For a while I thought this was only possible on small maps... but a few of my friends and I proved that one wrong, quite a few times. I have even seen lobbies full of randoms accomplish this... though they were all high level and knew what they were doing. Shortest matches ever... unless the last counselor left manages to juke Jason for a while.
   When this happens... it sucks to be the last player left. One time I felt bad for the Jason player only having a chance for one kill, so I just stopped by an environment kill and waited for him... he used choke. No good deed goes unpunished.

   I still manage to stop cars with good drivers... and I use Part 4 more often than not. His slower shift is brutal sometimes though. Recently, there were a few drivers I have asked about it that did see me on the mini map... and a few that did not see me on it. How that one works still eludes me. I think it is a good idea to keep their fear up by smashing power boxes and hoping the drivers are not using nerves of steel.
   There are still some Jason players that manage to stop me even though I can see them on the mini map. One little mistake is all it takes... just mistiming the stop and reverse as a fast shifter passes you can be your doom... or mine. But there are a lot of good drivers out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn’t really about Perks but I think we could buff Jason’s abilities by using the percentage of the rage bar to determine if Jason is stunnable and when his powers get a bonus use. Each Jason may have different numbers of buffs.

So for example one Jason might get two bonus shifts at 30% and 60%. Another might get to rage through a door pre-rage and extra stalk or a free Morph.

The diamond that fills with rage could have 3 - 5 bonus sections, at specific percentage full. It wouldn’t drain your rage just give you a free refill when a power is used, allowing you to use it again or another effect like an early door rage.

As for Stuns, a safe zone of 15% to 25% of the bar. One Jason might start in the safe zone another might only get it at rage regardless it would offer a blanket decrease in the percentage of a stun being successful. Knowing it only protects you for a short time.

I know this idea is badly described but I’m having a hard time explaining exactly what I mean as I think it would be best if the Jason’s where made more unique through its application. They could also be random and depend on RNG but I feel that would only confuse people. Better if they’re tied to the Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This isn’t really about Perks but I think we could buff Jason’s abilities by using the percentage of the rage bar to determine if Jason is stunnable and when his powers get a bonus use. Each Jason may have different numbers of buffs.

So for example one Jason might get two bonus shifts at 30% and 60%. Another might get to rage through a door pre-rage and extra stalk or a free Morph.

The diamond that fills with rage could have 3 - 5 bonus sections, at specific percentage full. It wouldn’t drain your rage just give you a free refill when a power is used, allowing you to use it again or another effect like an early door rage.

As for Stuns, a safe zone of 15% to 25% of the bar. One Jason might start in the safe zone another might only get it at rage regardless it would offer a blanket decrease in the percentage of a stun being successful. Knowing it only protects you for a short time.

I know this idea is badly described but I’m having a hard time explaining exactly what I mean as I think it would be best if the Jason’s where made more unique through its application. They could also be random and depend on RNG but I feel that would only confuse people. Better if they’re tied to the Jason.

I think I get the basics of the idea. Overall I like it.

You have given me an idea though for stun resistance. How about after five minutes have gone by in a match Jason gains an extra 1% to their stun resistance. This continues to grow by 1% for each minute that passes. So at the 15 minute mark Jason has an extra 10% stun resistance. 

I also just had an idea for a perk I've decided to call Paranoia. I think this can work one of two ways. Either Jason's music plays randomly for a counselor who is alone for a little while. Or Jason's music plays when you are near another counselor. Thus making you paranoid that Jason is there when he's not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think I get the basics of the idea. Overall I like it.

You have given me an idea though for stun resistance. How about after five minutes have gone by in a match Jason gains an extra 1% to their stun resistance. This continues to grow by 1% for each minute that passes. So at the 15 minute mark Jason has an extra 10% stun resistance. 

I like your idea for stun resistance better than mine but I would tie it to percentage of the rage meter filled not time. That way hitting Jason increases the rate of Jason’s stun resistance, which feels more natural and less mechanical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I like your idea for stun resistance better than mine but I would tie it to percentage of the rage meter filled not time. That way hitting Jason increases the rate of Jason’s stun resistance, which feels more natural and less mechanical.

Either way would be good with me. Your version has the added benefit of making trolling parties harder to maintain sooner.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think I get the basics of the idea. Overall I like it.

You have given me an idea though for stun resistance. How about after five minutes have gone by in a match Jason gains an extra 1% to their stun resistance. This continues to grow by 1% for each minute that passes. So at the 15 minute mark Jason has an extra 10% stun resistance. 

I also just had an idea for a perk I've decided to call Paranoia. I think this can work one of two ways. Either Jason's music plays randomly for a counselor who is alone for a little while. Or Jason's music plays when you are near another counselor. Thus making you paranoid that Jason is there when he's not. 

Honestly I don’t think that it would make much difference. 10% of zero is still zero. 

I am exaggerating, but not by much. I’ve dealt with lobbies before where multiple people were obviously using perks like sucker punch when even the fire poker was stunning first hit. Stun immunity should be given to Jason much faster, like weapons should be guaranteed to work as we are used to for exactly one stun. After that, the odds of another stun with that weapon drop substantially; down to 50%, even if another player uses that same weapon. Third time and he has full immunity except maybe against sucker punch users that might have a 25% chance. I can make an exception given to the shot gun, and also hit points should be doubled, maybe even tripled, for mask removal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Honestly I don’t think that it would make much difference. 10% of zero is still zero. 

I am exaggerating, but not by much. I’ve dealt with lobbies before where multiple people were obviously using perks like sucker punch when even the fire poker was stunning first hit. Stun immunity should be given to Jason much faster, like weapons should be guaranteed to work as we are used to for exactly one stun. After that, the odds of another stun with that weapon drop substantially; down to 50%, even if another player uses that same weapon. Third time and he has full immunity except maybe against sucker punch users that might have a 25% chance. I can make an exception given to the shot gun, and also hit points should be doubled, maybe even tripled, for mask removal. 

The numbers I used were just for an example of how it would work. Obviously it would need further testing to ensure it was effective without being broken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×