Big Daddy J

Larry Zerner clears up more questions about the game's future. (Slash N Cast)

This video was just posted a few hours ago. Larry Zerner clears up some things. A lot of people claim on this forum that Horror Inc should be able to release anything not related to the first movie, he clears up why that is not an option. He also clarifies that Gun CAN NOT make a deal with Victor Miller. He clears up quite a lot in this one. Worth a watch for sure. Let's hear your thoughts, guys.

• Thanks 2

Bullshit, on the no money part. There was a lot of money made, and promises to keep. 

Edit - Who’s confused...wait never mind, I don’t care. 

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

God i hope he's right about Victor and Sean cuttting a deal within the next 30 days. If they do I feel the developers will continue with new content but if this drags on for another 6 months to 2 years it's  basically over.

• Like 1

Just now, Jasonlives4ever said:

God i hope he's right about Victor and Sean cuttting a deal within the next 30 days. If they do I feel the developers will continue with new content but if this drags on for another 6 months to 2 years it's  basically over.

Yeah, that is pretty much our only hope at this point.

No new content is coming. It’s been stated over and over again. Yes...they are passionate about the game and want to add more content. Wanting to add new content or doing it, after the lawsuit...are two different things. No matter what the outcome is..updates only. No update has arrived yet. We shall see. I don’t mean to sound harsh...it is what it is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

No new content is coming. It’s been stated over and over again. Yes...they are passionate about the game and want to add more content. Wanting to add new content or doing it, after the lawsuit...are two different things. No matter what the outcome is..updates only. No update has arrived yet. We shall see. I don’t mean to sound harsh...it is what it is. 

This right here, it had to be said, thank you.

1 hour ago, Brian76 said:

Considering there is no future for them in the video game industry and the people they are screwing on this game are the same ones that will be potentially going to the theaters to watch the movies, they should tread carefully.

Pissing in the face of the players will only ensure the value of the IP sinks further than it already has. After dealing with Gun I can personally attest to having zero desire to see another f13 movie. 

Decisions come with consequences.

If I were GunMedia I would concentrate on doing a new asymmetrical multiplayer horror game and let this garbage play itself out. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

He also clarifies that Gun CAN NOT make a deal with Victor Miller.

This was already supposed to be common knowledge, and common sense.

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Who’s confused...wait never mind, I don’t care. 

At this point, a lot of people have lost interest in the specifics of this scenario.

9 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Gun is not likely gonna stop working on their current project to make new content for this one. On the bright side, at least we'll get fixes.

6 hours ago, Brian76 said:

The bitter truth is, well...bitter. I suggest people get their favorite drink to watch that taste out of their mouth.

4 hours ago, Caliph said:

Considering there is no future for them in the video game industry and the people they are screwing on this game are the same ones that will be potentially going to the theaters to watch the movies, they should tread carefully.

Pissing in the face of the players will only ensure the value of the IP sinks further than it already has. After dealing with Gun I can personally attest to having zero desire to see another f13 movie. 

Decisions come with consequences.

I wouldn't bash the potential of a future movie just because of the issues with this game. I'm pretty sure that if once this lawsuit business is settled, a good movie will come along. How long we'll be waiting for a top notch Friday the 13th movie is uncertain.

51 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If I were GunMedia I would concentrate on doing a new asymmetrical multiplayer horror game and let this garbage play itself out. 

I'd like to see what a few other companies might do, if the license is up for grabs in the distant future.

43 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Content wise the game is dead. Time to stop beating the horse. He has been dead quite awhile. 

I'm surprised someone hasn't put the Savini Horse image in this topic yet.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Horror Inc is the license holders tho...they can at any time continue the content.

No, they can't. And it has been explained again and again why they can't. Did you even watch the video?

I think it's got to the point now where all fans have lost interest. 

It's basically two dinosaurs going at it, at each other that'll both be extinct in twenty years time. I personally would rather Miller's estate win the rights - Sean has mismanaged the rights badly since the early 90's and I don't rate his Son. It can't get any worse than it's been in the last 25 years as it has been under Cunningham. 

• Like 1

You guys have no idea what Guns actual plans are until they chime in! They did say months ago that they would not do anymore content only bug fixes ... but now that the Lawsuit could possibly come to an agreement in a month, and a familiar team that worked on the Jarvis map that knows the “Code” Illfonic used maybe Gun has plans up their sleeves!!!

• Thanks 2

Gun has already said they would like to make more content. Whether they can or not is another thing. We shall see. Mean while, where are the bug fixes????

• Like 1

I highly doubt any "new" content will be made after this is settled. But.....we clearly know of new content that is finished already , and that will at least be released or sold ( new kills, clothing, emotes, and most likely uber and grendel , which im sure they decided to finish). That at the very least will be put out, they spent time and money making theese so why wouldnt they. New content and ideas though are dead.

Which brings us back to why Gun did not focus on getting all the content out before the deadline instead of doing the engine upgrade? Its a bone-headed move which i think is why everone questions Guns motives.  Everyone would have been happy. Lawsuit is filed, all new content is already in game, now we focus on engine , bugs, and dedicated servers, then move onto next game on good terms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

I highly doubt any "new" content will be made after this is settled. But.....we clearly know of new content that is finished already , and that will at least be released or sold ( new kills, clothing, emotes, and most likely uber and grendel , which im sure they decided to finish). That at the very least will be put out, they spent time and money making theese so why wouldnt they. New content and ideas though are dead.

Which brings us back to why Gun did not focus on getting all the content out before the deadline instead of doing the engine upgrade? Its a bone-headed move which i think is why everone questions Guns motives.  Everyone would have been happy. Lawsuit is filed, all new content is already in game, now we focus on engine , bugs, and dedicated servers, then move onto next game on good terms.

I get the impression they were uncertain how the lawsuit would effect them before they started the engine upgrade. We all know they knew ahead of time that the cut off would come. We just don't know how far ahead they knew.

I remember after the engine upgrade Wes was answering questions about things. One question was people asking about the potential for more Spc. Wes's answer implied they had a desire to do more of them and even seemed like they had more planned. This makes me think the no new content order was a sudden one for them. You may recall the part 2 kill pack was dropped with no announcement. 

In the end though nobody knows what will happen. Maybe they'll be able to release new content. Maybe they won't. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. In the meantime press forward and enjoy the game we have as it currently is as there may never be anything new.

The only thing to hope for now is that Sean and Victor do end up making a deal together like Larry said. After that, maybe Gun can at least push out the stuff that was done/almost done like kill packs, clothing packs, Uber Jason. Other than that, interesting video. Let's hope that Sean doesn't follow through and file an appeal.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:58 PM, Jasonlives4ever said:

i hope he's right about Victor and Sean cuttting a deal within the next 30 days.

You never really know. I'd been waiting for a new Friday movie ever since Paramount had obained the rights for five years starting in 2013, and just when it looked like we'd finally get one filming it was cancelled because of the failure of a completely unrelated horror movie, Rings.? Goes to show common sense doesn't always apply, even to businesses.

5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

You never really know. I'd been waiting for a new Friday movie ever since Paramount had obained the rights for five years starting in 2013, and just when it looked like we'd finally get one filming it was cancelled because of the failure of a completely unrelated horror movie, Rings.? Goes to show common sense doesn't always apply, even to businesses.

While you're right that we can't always count on common sense to prevail, greed is a bit more reliable. With the success of Halloween 2018 a deal would seem likely. Granted I'm just speculating, but I can't imagine either man wanting to leave that kind of money on the table.

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

While you're right that we can't always count on common sense to prevail, greed is a bit more reliable.

Greed is ultimately going to be the problem with them making a deal. Each one is always going to want more than the other. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Greed is ultimately going to be the problem with them making a deal. Each one is always going to want more than the other. 

True. It is a bit of a double edged sword here. I do think it will at least make them come to the table. Even if it makes hammering out a deal difficult. 

• Like 1