Sign in to follow this  
lostshadowz

Jason and counsalors

So over the weekend between me and my friend we saw Jason working with Councillors a ton. a couple times they fixed the car and worked on either running over people or having Jason after you if you tryed to hid in a pot the car couldn't get too.

This is the very reason we need a ingame reporting system and working with Jason to ruin the game needs a harsh punishment. 

and Yes I know there is a way online but i'm not going to record every game onto my youtube channel just to report it via online site. 

and for those saying ingame reporting would be abused...every other damn online game has a report function. I call bullshit.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lostshadowz said:

So over the weekend between me and my friend we saw Jason working with Councillors a ton. a couple times they fixed the car and worked on either running over people or having Jason after you if you tryed to hid in a pot the car couldn't get too.

This is the very reason we need a ingame reporting system and working with Jason to ruin the game needs a harsh punishment. 

and Yes I know there is a way online but i'm not going to record every game onto my youtube channel just to report it via online site. 

and for those saying ingame reporting would be abused...every other damn online game has a report function. I call bullshit.

First off, Counselors is the correct spelling.

Secondly, Jasonkillsbugs.com is all we have because they cant add a report system at this point because of the lawsuit. We were told they were working on it a month or so after release. I mean it took them 15 months to get deciated servers on console, something that was "close to being done" for over a year.

Never expect anything from this game. You will most likely be let down at some point.

right the old lawsuit so we cant get anything bs... it should not in anyway effect putting in a reporting system.  If the lawsuit was so damn strict this game would no longer be up for sale or allowed to be played.

Gun is just a very lazy developer.  using unreal engine a reporting system should be easy to add in.

(spell check said to spell it the way I did.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lostshadowz said:

Without the players admitting that they are teaming... you have no proof. Hence... video requirement for certain things. No one should be banned without actual, undeniable PROOF. I see people calling hacker and teaming all the time... but see very little in the way of actual hacking or teaming that can be proven. Me and my friends are accused of teaming all the time, simply because we are in a game together... and we do not play that way... EVER. 
    I would think the biggest reason teaming is no longer bannable was the incredible difference between reports that should never have even been made (due to lack of proof or ANY evidence of wrong doing) and reports that have actual proof of an offence. In other words... abuse of the reporting system... flooding it with false accusation, or accusations that cannot be proven IS abusing it.

Being teaming with Jason is no longer against the rules... this does not justify an in game reporting system. I do agree that cheaters and hackers should be punished... harshly. But this should always require actual proof that is undeniable. If even one player can be banned just because someone said they were hacking... or teaming... with zero evidence other than the accuser's word... we would have a non existent player base. There are far more innocent players being accused of these things than there are actual cheaters and hackers... but there has never been a shortage of accusations.
    I do not like playing with teamers any more than anyone else... and if people did not flood the current reporting system with reports that had zero merit... some of these players may have actually been banned... and it would still be a bannable offence. You have to pay the people that go through these reports. It costs money... and it is a waste of money if they are finding 90% of the reports (or more) have zero merit to them.

I have played a great many multiplayer games since they were first introduced. I have never seen one with an in game reporting option. Please name one or two that have this feature... and have not gotten rid of it due to massive amounts of abuse. This should not be hard to do if every game has one.

Also... When they cannot add new content... that means anything that is not already in the game and completed at the time specified by the order. Being there has never been an in game reporting system, this would count as new content.
    You may want to do some research into what the laws say about these things and how they work (spoiler warning... it is a lot of reading and it is pretty dull). A cease and desist order on new content does not mean you cannot continue with a product as it stood when the order was given... unless the cease and desist order includes both production of existing content and sales of it. So remember... the lawsuit could have been much worse for this game than it has been.
    I do agree with you... the lawsuit is bullshit... but laws work how they are written, interpreted and enforced... They do not work how we think they should work because it included something we do not like.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Without the players admitting that they are teaming... you have no proof. Hence... video requirement for certain things. No one should be banned without actual, undeniable PROOF. I see people calling hacker and teaming all the time... but see very little in the way of actual hacking or teaming that can be proven. Me and my friends are accused of teaming all the time, simply because we are in a game together... and we do not play that way... EVER. 
    I would think the biggest reason teaming is no longer bannable was the incredible difference between reports that should never have even been made (due to lack of proof or ANY evidence of wrong doing) and reports that have actual proof of an offence. In other words... abuse of the reporting system... flooding it with false accusation, or accusations that cannot be proven IS abusing it.

Being teaming with Jason is no longer against the rules... this does not justify an in game reporting system. I do agree that cheaters and hackers should be punished... harshly. But this should always require actual proof that is undeniable. If even one player can be banned just because someone said they were hacking... or teaming... with zero evidence other than the accuser's word... we would have a non existent player base. There are far more innocent players being accused of these things than there are actual cheaters and hackers... but there has never been a shortage of accusations.
    I do not like playing with teamers any more than anyone else... and if people did not flood the current reporting system with reports that had zero merit... some of these players may have actually been banned... and it would still be a bannable offence. You have to pay the people that go through these reports. It costs money... and it is a waste of money if they are finding 90% of the reports (or more) have zero merit to them.

I have played a great many multiplayer games since they were first introduced. I have never seen one with an in game reporting option. Please name one or two that have this feature... and have not gotten rid of it due to massive amounts of abuse. This should not be hard to do if every game has one.

Also... When they cannot add new content... that means anything that is not already in the game and completed at the time specified by the order. Being there has never been an in game reporting system, this would count as new content.
    You may want to do some research into what the laws say about these things and how they work (spoiler warning... it is a lot of reading and it is pretty dull). A cease and desist order on new content does not mean you cannot continue with a product as it stood when the order was given... unless the cease and desist order includes both production of existing content and sales of it. So remember... the lawsuit could have been much worse for this game than it has been.
    I do agree with you... the lawsuit is bullshit... but laws work how they are written, interpreted and enforced... They do not work how we think they should work because it included something we do not like.

Boarderland had a option for reporting people, Final fantasy 13 and 14, WOW, LoL, the call of duty games, and many many more fucking games.  Yes I am a little mad because 90% of the games I end up in are with people teaming with fucking Jason. they either tell him/lead him to ware you are or Jason lets them fix the car and they try to run everyone down.  it's tiring. Can't report it ro Sony as they say to use the ingame reporting which doesn't exist.  I do not know of the xbox one has a reporting feature for in game behavior like the 360 did, which luckly wasn't tied to weather or not a game developer felt like adding a reporting system.

If they don't want to make that system adding a block player works just as well. that's also a feature that can be and has been done in games. you block them and the match making service makes sure your not matched with that person in another game. also easy and would not violate the license lawsuit which is over the rights of the Friday the 13th movie (the first one) this is something Horror inc is well with in their rights to ok said block feature to be enabled on the match making service that's used.

What would be nice is a official Response from Gun Media/Horror inc or the company they hired to continue support for this game.  No matter what one or all of them say I will shut up about this once I have that.

• Like 1

Ahab has pointed out that according to the current code of conduct teaming with Jason is not a offence anymore. Until Shifty or somebody with authority addresses this issue,you just have to deal with it for now unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Ahab has pointed out that according to the current code of conduct teaming with Jason is not a offence anymore. Until Shifty or somebody with authority addresses this issue,you just have to deal with it for now unfortunately.

They've already stated that it's no longer a bannable offense. 

Stated at this post - 

• Like 1

I despise teaming with Jason, but to be fair, there are three reasons I may allow people to escape during a round:

1) My PSN profile contains a small reference to allowing counselors to escape if they PM and ask politely. If you ever see me brutalize counselor A while ignoring counselor B, this is why (though it's actually extremely rare anyone bothers to actually try it).  

2) Everyone else is dead and the sole survivor is still trying their best to escape (instead of just hiding or trying to kite me between cabins). The best example I can give for this is the bunny-suited Debbie I encountered a while back that was bloody and limping yet still managed to get a car going. I stopped the car literally feet from the exit and when she began re-starting the car, I just walked off and let her go.

3) If I get picked as Jason twice in a row, I always let everyone escape the second round (if they just want to hang around that's fine, but I'll still stop them from getting the sweater).

Guys, wake up. Today I took 15 minutes to start a game and it's the same since dedicated servers have been implemented on PS4 (not that it was much better before that). I then run in most of the worse bug/glitches like the camera glitch and the action-prompt bug.
Bugs that are there since MONTHS. They couldn't care less about this, let alone an ingame reporting system...

@lostshadowz Although I used to play call of duty... it got boring many years ago. The other games you listed happen to be games I don't play. But, all of the games you listed are made by WAY bigger companies than the one dealing with this game... Bigger companies have more money and can therefore do things that smaller companies cannot.

I understand your frustration... and anger. I hate the teamers as much as the next person... but its not worth bursting a blood vessel in your brain over it.

Your idea to block players from entering a game you are in is not a bad idea... I am all for it. Probably a lot more to doing that than we would think too though. Also... if its not completed and already live in game before the end of content notice... it counts as new content. I doubt they could put this in either as it is not in the game already... unless it uses something to accomplish this that is already in the game and would count as an adjustment.

@HaHaTrumpWon I will let polite players go at times if they ask nicely as well... but I give no guarantee that I will not kill them if I see them doing something I don't like. When I get picked as Jason twice in a row I just don't have it in me to slay so many bunny wabbits in a row.
   I see nothing wrong with letting anyone go on a whim... for whatever reason you choose. It is after all, up to the Jason player if he wants to kill everyone or let anyone go. But... other players will get salty about it and call you a teamer... which has more than likely led to a great many reports of teamers with zero evidence... because there was no teaming for there to be any evidence...
   I hate teamers so much... if a counselor even attempts to tell me where another player is, I will go after the rat until I get him... I will let everyone else in the game live if that is what it takes to get the rat... and the player that he ratted out now has a get out of Camp Crystal Lake free card.

• Like 1

I almost always kill them all, I don’t like to disappoint Mother. I make an exception for really arrogant trolls, then everyone but the troll get to escape and I toy with them. The way I look at it, Mother would want me to punish the wicked over the others, so it’s ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I almost always kill them all, I don’t like to disappoint Mother. I make an exception for really arrogant trolls, then everyone but the troll get to escape and I toy with them. The way I look at it, Mother would want me to punish the wicked over the others, so it’s ok.

Know what's REALLY fun? To stop a full 4-seater, drag out just the troll, and watch everyone else drive off while said troll gets murdered, with nobody even attempting to save them.

13 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Know what's REALLY fun? To stop a full 4-seater, drag out just the troll, and watch everyone else drive off while said troll gets murdered, with nobody even attempting to save them.

I have done this too. I told them they could take the car, but calling the cops is forbidden. If the troll gets in, he can come right back out through a window, and get limped for his trouble. Once the car drove back and killed the troll while I had him in a trap, it was good for a laugh.