Sign in to follow this  
CountYorgaVampir

Camp landmarks you’ve never seen before

I’ve been playing this game for a year now, so you would think that I would have seen everything there is to see on these maps by now. But I swear to God, up until Friday I have NEVER seen a parking lot on the Crystal Lake map. Am I crazy or just naturally oblivious to my surroundings? It’s kind of funny, because I was playing a friend at the time, I even chased him right past that spot and he swore that he didn’t see a parking lot, just cabins. Of course, at the time he had more pressing things on his mind like me on his ass. Oh well, at least I have proof. 

B8501A43-1A7F-4595-A430-8CC1B210A66B.jpeg

• Like 2

Lol, I ran through it a couple of times one game, then had to go back and look to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. There’s a crazy amount of weird detail in the game, above and beyond the Easter eggs from the movies.

• Like 1

Yes there is tons of little things I've been oblivious to. I recall last month the wire fence and path around the back of- I think was packanack, thinking where the hell am I here? haha 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vendredi13 said:

Lool 

Welcome to the forums.

Back on topic, I really want to go explore the houses you can see across the water on Javis House. I think they’re on the north west side of the map. I wasted a bunch of time trying to look over there back when I first got the game, thanks for reminding me. 

I also wasted a bunch of time on Higgins trying to see around a fridge into the building by the exit, I used to think that maybe it was something that would open later in a new mode or something. 

Anyone else got a spot that they obsessed over?

9 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, I ran through it a couple of times one game, then had to go back and look to make sure I wasn’t seeing things. There’s a crazy amount of weird detail in the game, above and beyond the Easter eggs from the movies.

If they’re going to make a parking lot then they should at least make use of it.  Seems awfully silly to park the car right outside of the entrance. 

• Like 1

As Jason everything is usually pretty dark, even more so if you cut the power. As a counselor, I am usually too busy running for my life or rifling through drawers to take in all the details. It's a shame there isn't a sandbox mode because the devs really put a lot of effort into replicating the film environments.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

If they’re going to make a parking lot then they should at least make use of it.  Seems awfully silly to park the car right outside of the entrance. 

It could be a little difficult to maneuver the car out, maybe it’s spawn was in the parking lot at one time. 

I like this thread, I hope more people suggest places for me to go, I get tunnel vision most games and just play to complete objectives. It could be fun to just go site seeing this week. 

As a side note, I really wish there was a free roam mode in the single player challenges, so much I’d like to see but I just don’t enjoy it when all the story stuff is in the way. Walking around as Jason doesn’t feel like exploring. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It could be a little difficult to maneuver the car out, maybe it’s spawn was in the parking lot at one time. 

I like this thread, I hope more people suggest places for me to go, I get tunnel vision most games and just play to complete objectives. It could be fun to just go site seeing this week. 

As a side note, I really wish there was a free roam mode in the single player challenges, so much I’d like to see but I just don’t enjoy it when all the story stuff is in the way. Walking around as Jason doesn’t feel like exploring. 

Just play against the bots, and you can free roam any map for 20 minutes.

They won't escape on you. 

6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Welcome to the forums.

Back on topic, I really want to go explore the houses you can see across the water on Javis House. I think they’re on the north west side of the map. I wasted a bunch of time trying to look over there back when I first got the game, thanks for reminding me. 

I also wasted a bunch of time on Higgins trying to see around a fridge into the building by the exit, I used to think that maybe it was something that would open later in a new mode or something. 

Anyone else got a spot that they obsessed over?

I don’t have a particular obsession, but I once met a girl in quick play that said she  got the game because of the teddy bear on the grave in the cemetery in Higgins. I thought it was a pretty strange reason to get the game but I didn’t say anything. 

I do like to explore the smaller cemeteries and archery ranges that appear where Jason’s shack spawns though. 

@SirMang Slasher Clone said that being Jason doesn’t feel like exploring. You can only be Jason against bots. 

4 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I don’t have a particular obsession, but I once met a girl in quick play that said she  got the game because of the teddy bear on the grave in the cemetery in Higgins. I thought it was a pretty strange reason to get the game but I didn’t say anything. 

I do like to explore the smaller cemeteries and archery ranges that appear where Jason’s shack spawns though. 

@SirMang Slasher Clone said that being Jason doesn’t feel like exploring. You can only be Jason against bots. 

That's the only way you can explore.  Pick a running Jason to cover area quicker.  None of the bots will interrupt you, they all won't escape and you'll have plenty of time to see the entire map. 

OR

The other option is finding a friend and heading to a private lobby explaining what you're doing.  He can work on morph points, how to properly trap objectives, learn hiding spots even the ones that are almost right out in the open, while you're free to walk the entire map with no interference. 

I'd of loved a VR toggle option like resident evil 7 has to be able explore the map first person. Vr cabin would've been better perhaps with all the things you can pick up. Surely couldn't be too hard to convert, you had pc modders converting alien isolation into vr. 

8 hours ago, SirMang said:

The other option is finding a friend and heading to a private lobby explaining what you're doing.  He can work on morph points, how to properly trap objectives, learn hiding spots even the ones that are almost right out in the open, while you're free to walk the entire map with no interference. 

This idea is as close as you can get to free roam, and more like what I had in mind.

The SPC maps are the ones I’m most interested in exploring as they’re different from the regular maps.

9 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Ah H2O Delirious’s grave site, it was one of the first Easter eggs I found. Poor Teddy lost his only friend.

There’s a ton of things in the woods, you can find places where it looks like people attempted to hook up, there’s a towel and a bra top.    

The area in where Jason’s Cabin spawn near Packanack Lodge the first time I ran through the broken fence I felt like I was Ginny in her the chase seen from part 2, and then sure enough there was the infamous  cabin. 

I also love that from Higgins Havin you can see Camp Crystal Lake, for me it really felt like you tied in the world.  I wish they had done something near where on the boarders to Packanack there was a fence and a “No Tresspassing” sign and in the distance you could see the tool shed or maybe a knocked over Camp Crystal Lake sign.

One of my favorite little things I found was the broken boards on the bridge leading to the western exit on Higgins Haven. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

One of my favorite little things I found was the broken boards on the bridge leading to the western exit on Higgins Haven. 

Never seen those! How cool.

One of the Easter eggs that took me forever to find was Sarah's blanket, book and bag on a dock on the Jarvis map.

4 hours ago, shodan said:

There’s a ton of things in the woods, you can find places where it looks like people attempted to hook up, there’s a towel and a bra top.    

Somewhere in the woods on Pinehurst, there's Eddie and Tina's make out spot. I've passed it a few times but forget exactly where it is. Somewhere in the southwest part of the map, I think.

1 hour ago, BFizzle said:

Never seen those! How cool.

One of the Easter eggs that took me forever to find was Sarah's blanket, book and bag on a dock on the Jarvis map.

It's just a couple of cracked boards on the bridge. A little call back to when the van broke down on it. I remember looking down while crossing it once and doing a double take.

38 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

Somewhere in the woods on Pinehurst, there's Eddie and Tina's make out spot. I've passed it a few times but forget exactly where it is. Somewhere in the southwest part of the map, I think.

It's a little bit to the east of the hillbilly house as I recall. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:21 AM, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’ve been playing this game for a year now, so you would think that I would have seen everything there is to see on these maps by now. But I swear to God, up until Friday I have NEVER seen a parking lot on the Crystal Lake map. Am I crazy or just naturally oblivious to my surroundings? It’s kind of funny, because I was playing a friend at the time, I even chased him right past that spot and he swore that he didn’t see a parking lot, just cabins. Of course, at the time he had more pressing things on his mind like me on his ass. Oh well, at least I have proof. 

B8501A43-1A7F-4595-A430-8CC1B210A66B.jpeg

We have a spot to park the 2-seater and 4-seater.

19 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

It's parked there because the car ran out of gas, and the battery died. ?

19 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

As Jason everything is usually pretty dark, even more so if you cut the power. As a counselor, I am usually too busy running for my life or rifling through drawers to take in all the details. It's a shame there isn't a sandbox mode because the devs really put a lot of effort into replicating the film environments.

Sometimes, if I'm in the mood, I'll let newcomers explore during quick play. No one does anything (Jason included) except look around and explore the map. A lot of new players really appreciate the details put into the game. During the following match, it's business as usual.

17 hours ago, SirMang said:

Just play against the bots, and you can free roam any map for 20 minutes.

They won't escape on you. 

They can escape if you let them. I tested it out once or twice. They're a bit smarter than they are given credit for.

37 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's parked there because the car ran out of gas, and the battery died. ?

Most people would push it the few feet, not leave it on a one lane road where it would be in the way. 

3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Most people would push it the few feet, not leave it on a one lane road where it would be in the way. 

The people that left if put must be part of the minority. It happens.

11 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Fucking Chad. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me...