Wellhiya

Early quitters. Am I correct?

So the last few matches I’ve played as Jason people have quit in the middle or before I killed them. Am I correct in my understanding that they are depriving me of a mere 100 XP while depriving themselves of a possible 1,000+XP? They get nothing if they quit early, am I correct in this? If I’m right, seems like they are stupidly hurting themselves more than me. Unless I’m missing something

• Like 2

Hm, I play this game for a while now but I'm not really sure. But I think you still get exp even if you quit mid game but you don't get the 500 exp for completing the match. And if there is a event, you don't get the bonus exp too. Only if you stay until the end of the match. So.. basically, they are losing exp. Even if I die first, I stay. There were times that I would leave but I don't do that anymore. Becouse if you leave too many times, you might get temporarily banned. And if you keep leaving after the ban, the time of the next ban will increase. So, don't leave the match guys, only if you really have to. 

Edit: Forgot to say, you lose 1000 exp if you kill any of the other counselors when you are a counselor. Like, while driving the car. As Jason, I don't think you can lose exp like that. But I'm not sure.

Right on the money OP. But they do get something out of doing it...SALT. As in, a one way ticket to the salt mines (where they belong) ?

Most of the time lately when I get to be Jason I will only get 5/7 even though I kill everybody. I guess I’m just too scary as Jason for some folks to handle. :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

So the last few matches I’ve played as Jason people have quit in the middle or before I killed them. Am I correct in my understanding that they are depriving me of a mere 100 XP while depriving themselves of a possible 1,000+XP? They get nothing if they quit early, am I correct in this? If I’m right, seems like they are stupidly hurting themselves more than me. Unless I’m missing something

They only deprive you of the kill XP if they manage to leave the game before the kill animation starts. Otherwise, you should still get the XP for the kill. I am not sure how much XP is kept by someone leaving a match early... but the are at the very least depriving themselves of the 500XP for staying until the end of the match. So yes... either way, they lose more than you do.
    This is the reason why we have the salt mines... it used to happen far more often.

@JustAVampire You can leave a match after you are dead and in the 'afterlife club'... where you can speak with the other dead (or escaped) players... with no penalty other than the loss of the 500XP for completing the match... I am actually not sure how much XP you do get when you leave before the end... but if you get the XP for everything you did in the match, then you only miss out on that 500XP bonus when you leave early.
    You do not get banned for leaving a match early, you gain salt points until you earn enough and are put into 'low priority matchmaking'... which is what the salt mines is. I have never seen the salt mines… I always stay in the match until the end unless I really have to leave... and then I just leave after death.

@Ahab I read in the regulations that you would get temporarily banned. But I heard about the salt mines. I never been there too. I mean, I don't know how it is.

There has been a huge boost in quitters since halloween sale on PC. Dont think any of the new players know anything about the salt mines. Hope they learn quickly cuz it is rather annoying..

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

There has been a huge boost in quitters since halloween sale on PC. Dont think any of the new players know anything about the salt mines. Hope they learn quickly cuz it is rather annoying..

If they even exist. Could be just an Urban Legend as far as I can tell. 

38 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

If they even exist. Could be just an Urban Legend as far as I can tell. 

I think they do exist becouse there are some people that were in the salt mines already. Atleast is what they say. I'm not really sure. 

18 minutes ago, JustAVampire said:

I think they do exist becouse there are some people that were in the salt mines already. Atleast is what they say. I'm not really sure. 

I don’t plan on finding out for myself. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneSneakyBoi said:

Yea, people who leave while they're alive as a Counselor or Jason really do kind of suck.

Agreed. And if it's Jason, even worse. ewww

People who early quit are bad people but loss of XPs is not an incentive to stay. A lot of people (me included) couldn't care less about XPs.

Can't tell you how many matches I've been in where there's only 1 Jason and 2 counselors left in the entire lobby by ending period.

"That damn Jason player made the entire lobby rage quit!"

1 minute ago, silencedeffect said:

Can't tell you how many matches I've been in where there's only 1 Jason and 2 counselors left in the entire lobby by ending period.

Aahaha that happened to me so many times. Normally, I'm the last one alive and sometimes I'm the only one there except Jason. xd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silencedeffect said:

This has been my experience with QP lobbies lately when I've been Jason.

Get to the end game screen and 4-5 people have quit.

• Like 1

It has (in some of my matches) played havoc with the "Tommy" spawn. Sometimes, I stumble upon the radio cabin late in the game, and even though there are still a couple of spectators left watching, neither of them return as Tommy after I radio reinforcements. Maybe it's just a glitch, but it does affect things currently.

I guess it's that "Fortnite" mentality that keeps people jumping out of matches.

6 hours ago, JustAVampire said:

@Ahab I read in the regulations that you would get temporarily banned. But I heard about the salt mines. I never been there too. I mean, I don't know how it is.

At least I am not the only one who read them... Although rule number xiii (or 13 if you prefer) does say this... I don't think it was ever really enforced. I never heard of anyone being banned for any length of time for quitting a game early... and if it was enforced as the rule states, there would never have been a need for the salt mines, which was meant to punish players that left a game early.
   Before the salt mines were introduced, this was a big problem. As great many players were quitting early in almost every match. Banning all of them would have hurt the player base immensely... so the salt mines were introduced. They seemed to have helped quite a bit with the problem.

As far as how it is in the salt mines.... I have never been there... but I did find this video that some may find amusing...

@CountYorgaVampir The salt mines could be an urban legend... but we still get a new thread every now and again demanding that the salt mines be removed... There is one way to find out.

yesterday on the ps4 my friend was Jason and had alot of people just quite right before he could grab them to kill them.  some salty players.  he said they kept swearing and calling him all sorts of things when ever he showed up to try and get them or they stepped in one of his traps.

most annoying i find are the ones the leave at the start if they don't get Jason.