Sign in to follow this  

When I'm Jason I kill my mic, no talking or seeing my mic icon. I'll watch the intro closely for any visual sign of the radio tower. If nothing is shown in the intro, it's business as usual. Depending on the Jason I use, and the lobby I'm against. I'll trap the shack, then morph to the power box closest to the phone. Kill power, trap phone twice then on to cars/boats. I hardly ever trap gas, unless I'm positive it's not already done. Mostly I go for the battery, as long as the hood is up. If it's down, I trap the driver's door. If the boat is there, I'll morph in the water nearby. I constantly check my map, and listen closely for sound cues. Then knock out all the power to the camp while locating the radio tower, trap that if I get there quickly. I'll only go for kills if they are too aggressive. Mostly shift grabs to eat knives, then quickly move away to keep them guessing. Once stalk is available I'll start killing, mostly stalk/morph and spam sense. I try to hang out by windows that would be appealing to me as a counselor, then listen and wait. I've got many jump scares like this! I just stay alert and listen for sound cues, and player conversations. I use choke kill for groups, and tight areas. I use the pig splitter for the throat slash and knee capper kill. And I use part 3 often, so I have the head pop kill for film accuracy. Lol, and I play with a bunch of good players. So, if I see one of them decisions must be made! Can I afford to let them go, and chase someone else? I mean, obviously if I see a fixer around an objective I'm gonna note that. But, if it's some newb who might not know what they're doing. I'm likely to move on. Otherwise, I'm gonna do what I can to eliminate that threat. My friends can fix with Jenny, no mistakes. On the regular. So, I track them more relentlessly. Newbs, I tend to save for later. They need the experience anyway, right? Lol!

Edited by Redrum138

@HuDawg I think this one goes beyond ridiculous... somewhere in the realm of redonculous, which is several steps beyond ridiculous. But still, any mention of a nerf to it is met with some harsh criticism while ignoring the part that makes it redonculous.

@thrawn3054 If it can be used to make a player of very little skill a pain in the ass... it is probably overpowered... and it can be used this way. I actually take it easy on the noobs... until I see them use a fourth med spray... then it is no mercy.
   People that refuse to use another perk with the reasoning that there is nothing better are admitting that, at minimum... it is overpowered when compared to every other perk in their own opinion, and that is why they are using it and refuse to even consider another perk in its place.
   Still, this is just my opinion... I know it differs from your opinion and that of many others. All of our ideas of balance differ somewhat.

@CountYorgaVampir What makes you think I am offended?... It takes a lot to actually offend me. I was just pointing out some things that might actually make one look like a fool.

@GeneiJin In the end... most of the discussions here turn into debates about balance... Just throwing in my $2 worth... which back in the day was only two cents... damned inflation!
   But to go back on topic... I will try to finish the story of my early Jason training at some point.

@Ahab I don't argue that it's not the best perk. By definition there always will be a best perk. I just don't think it's an over powered one.

54 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@CountYorgaVampir What makes you think I am offended?... It takes a lot to actually offend me. I was just pointing out some things that might actually make one look like a fool.

Well, you devoted yourself to write a 200-300 word essay centered around my use of a word that wasn’t directed towards you or meant to be taken literally... but go ahead and say that you weren’t offended. Right. :lol:

5 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Well, you devoted yourself to write a 200-300 word essay centered around my use of a word that wasn’t directed towards you or meant to be taken literally... but go ahead and say that you weren’t offended. Right. :lol:

Pretty far from 200-300 words... but you would be amazed at how fast I type... and neither did you need to take anything I said literally... still not offended, you need to try again... but I am somewhat amused.
   You should see what I can get done if I were to actually dedicate myself to something... but dedication reeks of effort.

@thrawn3054 There would always be a best perk... but the best perk needs not be so far above every other perk... which, by definition would make it overpowered compared to every other perk. 
    We don't need to keep up the back and forth though... I think its over powered... you do not. We both have our reasons to think this way.

10 hours ago, Ahab said:

Pretty far from 200-300 words...

Since you’ve made me count, your entire response to me was 226 words (give or take a few) with about 175 of those specifically regarding the word “fool”. Again, I wasn’t being literal when I said 200-300 words, but then I really wasn’t that far off either. Just sayin’.

3 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Since you’ve made me count, your entire response to me was 226 words (give or take a few) with about 175 of those specifically regarding the word “fool”. Again, I wasn’t being literal when I said 200-300 words, but then I really wasn’t that far off either. Just sayin’.

Ha! So it is true that a vampire is compelled to count things... and I thought that only worked if you threw coins on the floor in front of them. I respect your diligence... and the level of patience that only an immortal bloodsucker can have.
   It was actually a pretty good guess... but a silly thing to be arguing about. Its not like I am going to go back and count them to make sure... I come from a world before twitter... when humanity realized that for anyone to understand your point, you need context... and more than one or two sentences. Just sayin'.
   But I did not actually make you count... that is simply a little know weakness of vampires... Actually, the only time I can remember it even mentioned was in the original Dracula novel. I don't think it is part of the old folk tales... but I could be wrong. There is so much vampire propaganda out there, most people think sunlight either kills them, or makes them sparkle... but we know the truth... don't we.

• Like 1