1. Jason's morph
  2. Hit detection 
  3. Grab range
  4. Firecrackers being ineffective if Jason was previously stunned or has shifted
  5. Pocket knives being forced to use 
  6. Counselors giving away their position by screaming
  7. Counselors sharing voices

3 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

There's an echo from 365 days ago in the chambers of the forum! :D

I love a good echo chamber. ?

To the OP, I'm sure these will get fixed, eventually...

• Haha 1

Hope your lungs are in good shape because you're going to be holding your breath for a very long time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Hope your lungs are in good shape because you're going to be holding your breath for a very long time.

I haven't had to hold my breath in a long time. I hope I'm still good at it.

Stop making Jason stunned every single time a counselor hits him like a little bitch.

Revert his grab back to the old one.

Jason should be able to use counselors as a meat shield again until a kill can be activated. Currently, he's a sitting duck in a group if he grabs someone.

Reduce the number of hits it takes for some weapons to break down a door. Some weapons, like the spear, take 6 hits, which is nuts. 4 hits for weaker weapons, 3 for stronger ones. I'm tempted to say 2 hits, but that's probably not fair.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Stop making Jason stunned every single time a counselor hits him like a little bitch.

Jason should be able to use counselors as a meat shield again until a kill can be activated. Currently, he's a sitting duck in a group if he grabs someone.

Reduce the number of hits it takes for some weapons to break down a door. Some weapons, like the spear, take 6 hits, which is nuts. 4 hits for weaker weapons, 3 for stronger ones. I'm tempted to say 2 hits, but that's probably not fair.

This!

5 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Old Grab is amazing! :(

19 hours ago, stoney said:
  2. Counselors giving away their position by screaming

This and talking while under a bed should be removed, at least.

19 hours ago, Dolemite said:

The amount of hits it takes to break a cabin door down depends on the Jason you’re using, not the weapon. 

It would be nice though, if you had a weaker Jason like J5 equipped with the battle axe from J9, it would decrease the total amount of hits it takes to break the door down.  But that may be what you mean?

Totally onboard with everything you suggested by the way. 

23 hours ago, stoney said:
  1. Jason's morph

What's the issue? Only one I've run across is when the icon doesn't show on the map.

1. Grab range

Too small in the left to right sweep in your opinion too?

1. Firecrackers being ineffective if Jason was previously stunned or has shifted

Don't try to chain stun, first issue solved. Agreed that if Jason exits a shift in the stun radius he should be stunned.

1. Pocket knives being forced to use 

Leave them in the drawers. Problem solved. As it is, you don't have time in a grab to play fuck fuck games and decide if you want to use a pocket knife. 

1. Counselors giving away their position by screaming

Play higher composure counselors. If anything needs to be fixed it's counselors screaming without line of sight on Jason, not the screaming itself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, stoney said:
  1. Jason's morph
  2. Hit detection 
  3. Grab range
  4. Firecrackers being ineffective if Jason was previously stunned or has shifted
  5. Pocket knives being forced to use 
  6. Counselors giving away their position by screaming
  7. Counselors sharing voices

1: I have heard of some issues with Morph in the past... but have never had an issue with it. Not sure what needs to be fixed here.
  2: Hit detection will always be a problem when there is any amount of lag between players... but combat does need some 'adjustments'.
  3: I don't have any issues with the current grab... and I still miss with it probably just as much as most other players... but I am aware many people do not like it. If Jason was even slightly harder to stun, it would no longer be so easy to punish a missed grab. Since it was updated, there has not been even one of those old "Vader grab" threads... before that, they were pretty common... and full of the tears of counselors everywhere. And you have to admit... when Jason grabs someone now... it looks like he actually grabbed them, not sucking them in from two or three feet away from his arm in any direction. This one just 'feels' better to me than the old grab. Just my opinion... and I did like the old grab too.

4: Something needs to be done about the piñata Jason issue... being immune to firecrackers immediately after a stun (yet still stunned if he walks back into it) is a good start. Wait two seconds or so after his stun animations before throwing them... harder to get him, but they work at that point. And he can shift over a bear trap... so I don't think shifting through firecrackers is going too far either... but he should definitely be stunned if coming out of shift into the firecrackers (not sure if he is now or not... I have never come out of shift while still in the radius of the fire crackers).
  5: Automatic pocket knife use is not necessarily a bad thing. Many players would not even be able to hit the use button for it before a choke or head punch is used on them anyway.

6: Like @Risinggrave grave stated... use a higher composure counselor. They work great... this is one of the reasons a no fear build is useful for certain counselors. Also, trying to keep Jason out of your sight when in a hiding spot whenever possible 'seems' to help. In my opinion... the fear system should be a tad harsher than it already is... but not to the point of crippling players. All kinds of 'horror tropes' were put into this game, this is just one of them... let's call it "the Screamer"...  and people do scream and do crazy shit when panicking in real life... not just in movies. Screaming when they do not see Jason should definitely be dealt with though.
  7: I never really noticed this one... but I have read about it here in other threads. I think it had something to do with trying to save memory usage in the game. Sacrifices must apparently be made... for memory.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

The amount of hits it takes to break a cabin door down depends on the Jason you’re using, not the weapon. 

Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure how that changed (if at all) when weapon swapping became a thing. Thanks for clearing that up.

I hated the new grab for a long time, but I've come to prefer it over the old one. Yes, you're probably going to get clobbered if you miss with it, but 1) With a little practice you can bait counselors into taking a swing, and 2) Since it's more-or-less a lunge, the range is increased slightly.

Numerous posters, myself included, have been asking for a little more stun protection for Jason for literally months, with several very reasonable suggestions being offered (which were all ignored, by the way). Add that one to the "Shit that obviously should be adjusted but won't be" list.

• Like 3

On 11/2/2018 at 1:57 PM, Risinggrave said:

What's the issue? Only one I've run across is when the icon doesn't show on the map.

It doesn't spawn Jason precisely where he wants to land, it would be acceptable if it didn't do this just to avoid morphing into objects, but instead  it will often put Jason 15 feet from where he wanted to go.

Too small in the left to right sweep in your opinion too?

The range needs to be expanded.

Don't try to chain stun, first issue solved. Agreed that if Jason exits a shift in the stun radius he should be stunned.

A chain stun shouldn't matter. And yes, Jason shouldn't be able to shift into firecrackers to avoid their stun.

Leave them in the drawers. Problem solved. As it is, you don't have time in a grab to play fuck fuck games and decide if you want to use a pocket knife. 

That is not a resolution to this problem.

Play higher composure counselors. If anything needs to be fixed it's counselors screaming without line of sight on Jason, not the screaming itself.

Adam and AJ have high composures and they scream like little bitches. It is not a counselor issue, it is a game issue.

On 11/2/2018 at 6:16 PM, Ahab said:

1: I have heard of some issues with Morph in the past... but have never had an issue with it. Not sure what needs to be fixed here.
  2: Hit detection will always be a problem when there is any amount of lag between players... but combat does need some 'adjustments'.
  3: I don't have any issues with the current grab... and I still miss with it probably just as much as most other players... but I am aware many people do not like it. If Jason was even slightly harder to stun, it would no longer be so easy to punish a missed grab. Since it was updated, there has not been even one of those old "Vader grab" threads... before that, they were pretty common... and full of the tears of counselors everywhere. And you have to admit... when Jason grabs someone now... it looks like he actually grabbed them, not sucking them in from two or three feet away from his arm in any direction. This one just 'feels' better to me than the old grab. Just my opinion... and I did like the old grab too.

4: Something needs to be done about the piñata Jason issue... being immune to firecrackers immediately after a stun (yet still stunned if he walks back into it) is a good start. Wait two seconds or so after his stun animations before throwing them... harder to get him, but they work at that point. And he can shift over a bear trap... so I don't think shifting through firecrackers is going too far either... but he should definitely be stunned if coming out of shift into the firecrackers (not sure if he is now or not... I have never come out of shift while still in the radius of the fire crackers).
  5: Automatic pocket knife use is not necessarily a bad thing. Many players would not even be able to hit the use button for it before a choke or head punch is used on them anyway.

6: Like @Risinggrave grave stated... use a higher composure counselor. They work great... this is one of the reasons a no fear build is useful for certain counselors. Also, trying to keep Jason out of your sight when in a hiding spot whenever possible 'seems' to help. In my opinion... the fear system should be a tad harsher than it already is... but not to the point of crippling players. All kinds of 'horror tropes' were put into this game, this is just one of them... let's call it "the Screamer"...  and people do scream and do crazy shit when panicking in real life... not just in movies. Screaming when they do not see Jason should definitely be dealt with though.
  7: I never really noticed this one... but I have read about it here in other threads. I think it had something to do with trying to save memory usage in the game. Sacrifices must apparently be made... for memory.

4. I believe chain stunning with melee weapons is a bad idea. But not with firecrackers, flare guns, or shot guns as they are scarce as is.

5. It should be optional if it should be automatically triggered I feel, you can get grabbed by Jason and have Jarvis hit him to avoid the use of a knife and it usually will make you still use your knife even if another counselor hit him.

6. No, that does not work. It is a game issue, not a counselor issue.

7. It always happens....

@stoney I am not a fan of chain stunning either. Personally, I think the flare gun, shot gun and firecrackers should always cause a stun... Flares burn really, really hot... shot guns are magical obliteration devices and firecrackers are just so... loud... and so very bright and hypnotic. But, anything to help with the piñata Jason problem at this point is welcome.

When I started playing, I thought the pocket knife use required the designated button from where it is in your inventory to use it. I was actually happy to find it was automatic when facing Jason players that use nothing but choke and head punch... But, having an option to not be used automatically would not be a bad thing. But as soon as someone dies from a choke or head punch and their pocket knife was not used automatically... the river of tears would begin to flow again.

High composure counselors do work for this much better than low composure counselors. The fear system is in the game for a good reason... no player would willingly take a disadvantage like that, so it is a hidden mechanic... and for all those people that think they would not be screaming in a similar situation, you have never seen someone who is actually panicking in a similar manner. Fear is crippling to anyone... and no one is fearless in real life... but the world is full of people that claim they would never act that way... and they are usually the first people running away screaming when an actual threat presents itself. Although there are people that are too stupid to know that they should fear something... this usually does not work out well for them... and I call it, "nature's way of weeding out the stupid."
    What would a survival horror game be without fear and the stupid things people do when they panic? The best you can do is know how the fear system works and try to manage your fear level... which is impossible to do if you want to hang around with Jason... and progressively harder to manage fear the lower your composure score is.

It may always happen, but the problems of memory in game being to too high would be game breaking... while a counselor speaking or screaming in the voice of another character is pretty far from game breaking.

Also...
   The morph lands you on preset 'pins' that are placed around the map. Giving Jason too much control over the exact point where he lands may be too much of a buff in my opinion.
   Range for weapons should never be expanded beyond their reach.
   #End Chain Stunning Now.
   As I said above... real people in a situation similar to that of the experience in this game would ALL be screaming like little bitches. If anyone saw a masked man who is obviously not wearing body armor get shot with a shot gun and keep coming at them like nothing happened to him at all... there would be much screaming and running.