Jump to content

Recommended Posts

https://www.deviantart.com/factor13th/art/Part-5-Mask-Finished-770035270

https://www.deviantart.com/factor13th/art/Part-5-costume-bust-shot-770035278

This is a costume, that I have been working on for the past couple months.. to be as movie accurate as possible.. which reminds me i have to re-do the top part of the mask, because i placed the strap wrong.. forgot that in the movie it folds.

Anyways, for those who like roy, like me if you want to create a the costume here are the paints you will need.

1. Raw Sienna for the based, and burnt umber mixed with burnt sienna for the grime/dirt. (For the mask I decided to go with a cleaner version that could be seen in this link. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fridaythe13th/images/3/36/5_trivia.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20171001174213) The colors were given to us by david miller himself who made the part 5 mask. "It's just layers of acrylic paint washes applied with a sea sponge. No secrets. Each layer needs to dry before the next one is applied." As to the specific colors, he said: "A little burnt umber mixed with burnt sienna for the grime. A final REALLY thin wash of raw sienna to give it a SLIGHT subtle yellowish tone."

2. Costume, is a spruce green Red Kap which you can find on Amazon. The suit actual colors are spruce green, they look blue depending on the lighting you are in. (Here's a link to the suit. https://www.amazon.com/Red-Kap-Action-Coverall-Spruce/dp/B007EYZE6A?keywords=red+kap+coveralls&qid=1540638436&sr=8-1-spons&ref=sr_1_1_sspa&psc=1) and if you don't believe me about the colors.. here is the actor of roy telling you the colors (

)

3. The boots are a brown color.. I couldn't find those so what i am going to do is possibly paint my black boots. 

4. The hood, is from escapetheory (https://escapetheorystudios.bigcartel.com/product/v-hood)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@XxHollowFactorxX Ha! You posted the clip!
    I took a look at the pics you posted through links in the above post. Great job!... but you don't have an angle shot so we can see the bald hood that really makes Roy's disguise a Jason impersonation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@XxHollowFactorxX Ha! You posted the clip!
    I took a look at the pics you posted through links in the above post. Great job!... but you don't have an angle shot so we can see the bald hood that really makes Roy's disguise a Jason impersonation.

issue is I don't have someone to take pics of me, as i am the only person out of everyone i know that cares to cosplay or likes Jason. lol so sadly I couldn't get any better pictures of the whole costume. But the link of the hood is what the hood looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lt3.gif

Your mask is pretty good. There are exact replicas on the market but they can be expensive. My first Roy mask was one I made myself. Currently I have the Fiberglassmasks.com roy mask. Michael-Myers.net has a thread where you can get all the details on Jason costumes, if you didn't know already. Can't wait to see you in the costume.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Lt3.gif

Your mask is pretty good. There are exact replicas on the market but they can be expensive. My first Roy mask was one I made myself. Currently I have the Fiberglassmasks.com roy mask. Michael-Myers.net has a thread where you can get all the details on Jason costumes, if you didn't know already. Can't wait to see you in the costume.

Thanks, I also have do to disagree with you on a certain aspect. The mask's aren't very accurate at least paint wise.  As I have stated, I used the color method used by the actual artist who created the movie mask named. David Miller Creations, which was the little red quote i posted. People forget that lighting makes things look different, most mask may have accurate placements of damage and dirt.. but sadly fail.. in the color department. 

I believe I've stated all of my links to show that I wasn't lying. 

https://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-visual-history-of-hockey-masks.html?m=1 this is where i go for mask accuracy and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

Thanks, I also have do to disagree with you on a certain aspect. The mask's aren't very accurate at least paint wise.  As I have stated, I used the color method used by the actual artist who created the movie mask named. David Miller Creations, which was the little red quote i posted. People forget that lighting makes things look different, most mask may have accurate placements of damage and dirt.. but sadly fail.. in the color department. 

I believe I've stated all of my links to show that I wasn't lying. 

https://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-visual-history-of-hockey-masks.html?m=1 this is where i go for mask accuracy and such.

Well I've seen masks from somewhere that were 1:1 to the movie. Yours is great no doubt but in regards to 100% accuracy it's hard to do it without being a professional mask maker. My own part 5 paint job wasn't exactly accurate.

This one from escape theory studios is among the best I've seen:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Well I've seen masks from somewhere that were 1:1 to the movie. Yours is great no doubt but in regards to 100% accuracy it's hard to do it without being a professional mask maker. My own part 5 paint job wasn't exactly accurate.

This one from escape theory studios is among the best I've seen:

 

Well, again.. color wise it's not very accurate. damage wise and dirt wise it is, referring to the mask you sent me. The only accurate thing about my mask is the colors, my mask is based more on the clean, none damaged mask. Like the one on my icon. It's slightly dirty. Now the blank, has some line to the original mold but the vent holes are a bit off.. which i have no issue with.. as no one who "has an accurate mask" wants to sell blanks and im not gonna waste 150+ for a mask, that isn't accurate in color.. when i can paint it myself.

 here are good examples of its colors.
https://sta.sh/0w1om2qi0mn

https://sta.sh/01s9cru2ge9p

https://sta.sh/08n72inz94l

this is the mask created by david miller himself s-l500.jpg

Might re-do my mask cause i want it to be a bit more cleaner lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@XxHollowFactorxX The escape theory studios one is probably too pale. The one from Fiberglassmasks.com looks pretty good though. You have to note that the mask you linked was "a" mask made by the production guy but not "the" mask used in the movie, so there will be differences.

Yes, but again the proof is in the links. He created the mask, so he knows what the colors of the mask are. The other links i provided prove this to be true, also burnt umber and burnt sienna make the dirt. https://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-visual-history-of-hockey-masks.html?m=1

if you scroll down to the part 5 mask on the link, it tells you and shows you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

Yes, but again the proof is in the links. He created the mask, so he knows what the colors of the mask are. The other links i provided prove this to be true, also burnt umber and burnt sienna make the dirt. https://jasonlivessince1980.blogspot.com/2017/01/a-visual-history-of-hockey-masks.html?m=1

if you scroll down to the part 5 mask on the link, it tells you and shows you.

 

The mask on the movie looks paler than the reproduction from what I see.

Compare fiberglassmasks version to the movie still:

b89e643833cffc44754d74e7db94b190?AccessK

Friday-the-13th-Part-V-Roy-1.jpg&c=sc&w=

That's pretty close and looks less rust colored. More like it was cream colored as a base with more of a gray-brown mud splatter. Also I think the paint was scraped off in sections revealing the white plastic beneath. Or it could have been a clear plastic showing the paint on the other side like the part 4 mask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The mask on the movie looks paler than the reproduction from what I see.

Compare fiberglassmasks version to the movie still:

 

 

That's pretty close and looks less rust colored. More like it was cream colored as a base with more of a gray-brown mud splatter. Also I think the paint was scraped off in sections revealing the white plastic beneath. Or it could have been a clear plastic showing the paint on the other side like the part 4 mask.

The cream color you are talking about is.. that raw sienna color, which i just realized i didn't add.. which i had to add like a couple minutes ago to my mask. The mask is white, raw sienna gives it a yellow hue, which sorta looks like a cream color. then the burnt umber and sienna make for the dirty.. then you see in your pictures that there is a blue and white lighting.. which makes the mask look more like the fiberglass mask.. but it's really not that color.. 

This is better seen in the movie when roy is staring at people..roy_burns_primary.jpg?itok=3xhNXvXu

DbMBgqvVwAAdlaE.jpg

it just looks a little lighter cause of lighting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×