I always thought that both of the game outfits were wrong. They look like two polar opposites when it's basically just a combination of the two. Although I will say I prefered the blue to the green.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

I always thought that both of the game outfits were wrong. They look like two polar opposites when it's basically just a combination of the two. Although I will say I prefered the blue to the green.

To be honest, the two roy's in game look wrong even in the shading of the color. My version is closer to the actual color of the movie, i know this because I myself have the cosplay. I love movie accuracy. So I was able to find a 3d model and edited the models textures to look as you see here. 

Personally, I did love the blue, but when i found out the real color and wore it.. I honestly fell in love with it.. it just blends well. The Raw-Sienna colored mask.. which looks whitish under white/blue lighting. The green costume just grew on me.

I know they can't add new content, but if they could re-texture roy's costume as it was already in the game.. there for it would count as a fix.

• Like 1

Great job man, that looks WAY better. It's funny that the original blue coveralls they used in the game seem more accurate than the new ones they added. Also, I think it's saying something that a dedicated fan like yourself can make him seem more movie accurate while the actual developers spend who knows how long trying to do it with all their resources, and still can't do it. Well done ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Great job man, that looks WAY better. It's funny that the original blue coveralls they used in the game seem more accurate than the new ones they added. Also, I think it's saying something that a dedicated fan like yourself can make him seem more movie accurate while the actual developers spend who knows how long trying to do it with all their resources, and still can't do it. Well done ?

Thank you very much man, took me like a couple minutes to do.. it's not really hard. To be honest, I would love to help them for free to fix this game.. but they don't care.. 

You know how to get accurate masks for the game? they take a picture and then copy the model on top of it.. which you can do. Hell, roy doesn't even have the scars on his hood, like in the movie.. I thought the blue was accurate but it's actually a spruce green suit which looks blue under certain lights.

I would be willing to send them.. the files i did, which make roy the color you see here lol. All they would have to do is copy and paste them to the their roy.. and bam.

Cool beans, I don’t think they’ll change it again, it would probably be hell to get it to not turn funny colours in the different light types in the game, but it looks good.

Edit - I think they do care, but to many cooks in the kitchen can make the stew taste (ie. look) funny.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XxHollowFactorxX said:

Thank you very much man, took me like a couple minutes to do.. it's not really hard. To be honest, I would love to help them for free to fix this game.. but they don't care.. 

You know how to get accurate masks for the game? they take a picture and then copy the model on top of it.. which you can do. Hell, roy doesn't even have the scars on his hood, like in the movie.. I thought the blue was accurate but it's actually a spruce green suit which looks blue under certain lights.

I would be willing to send them.. the files i did, which make roy the color you see here lol. All they would have to do is copy and paste them to the their roy.. and bam.

Yeah man, I hear you. They probably wouldn't allow it with the lawsuit and not being able to add content, and even if they could, they'd probably feel insulted to because you did a better job than them ha ha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Cool beans, I don’t think they’ll change it again, it would probably be hell to get it to not turn funny colours in the different light types in the game, but it looks good.

Edit - I think they do care, but to many cooks in the kitchen can make the stew taste (ie. look) funny.

Yeah, but this is the legit colors, which means white light or blue light or yellow light make the mask look lighter the suit look bluish and green. So the colors should be fine.. these files i have are the original files. Just with texture colors edited lol

5 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yeah man, I hear you. They probably wouldn't allow it with the lawsuit and not being able to add content, and even if they could, they'd probably feel insulted to because you did a better job than them ha ha

I just love the character of roy, which is why i even tried to get it movie accurate. Here is another pose of the model

roy.jpg

• Like 1

@XxHollowFactorxX That is some good work. There was a huge discussion on what color Roy's coveralls were not long after he was put into the game. 

In the documentary.... "His Name was Jason"... Dick Wieand, who played Roy says (at just over 42 minutes in)… and I quote... "The first time I put on the green jump suit..."
   Tom Morga also played Roy (in costume) for many parts... Dick Wieand was not a stunt man, Tom Morga was (he also played Michael Myers in at least one of the Halloween movies) and many scenes with Roy required a stunt man. I am not sure how many scenes he even did in costume behind the mask, but Dick Wieand was the face of Roy when not impersonating Jason... as well as at least some of the scenes impersonating Jason.

Lighting is a big factor in how colors can appear on film. Lighting combined with rain can also have a big effect on how colors appear on film. In many scenes in the movie, his coverall do look blue... but as the actor himself stated.... they were green.
   Don't be to hard on the devs for not using a shade of green closer to movie accurate... they did at least add an option for coveralls that were at least more accurate than the original blue that they went with.

21 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@XxHollowFactorxX That is some good work. There was a huge discussion on what color Roy's coveralls were not long after he was put into the game. 

In the documentary.... "His Name was Jason"... Dick Wieand, who played Roy says (at just over 42 minutes in)… and I quote... "The first time I put on the green jump suit..."
   Tom Morga also played Roy (in costume) for many parts... Dick Wieand was not a stunt man, Tom Morga was (he also played Michael Myers in at least one of the Halloween movies) and many scenes with Roy required a stunt man. I am not sure how many scenes he even did in costume behind the mask, but Dick Wieand was the face of Roy when not impersonating Jason... as well as at least some of the scenes impersonating Jason.

Lighting is a big factor in how colors can appear on film. Lighting combined with rain can also have a big effect on how colors appear on film. In many scenes in the movie, his coverall do look blue... but as the actor himself stated.... they were green.
   Don't be to hard on the devs for not using a shade of green closer to movie accurate... they did at least add an option for coveralls that were at least more accurate than the original blue that they went with.

Thanks, and yeah I know, that was the video that opened my eyes to the green suit.. and such then i thought the mask was yellow but it wasnt and such. I really like the character of roy so i decided to cosplay him.. but for the past couple months been looking into his accurate colors for the whole costume.

I bought red-kaps spruce green which is what the actual spruce green colors and shades were.. and then recently learned the mask was not white.. it was a raw sienna color.. with some umber and burnt sienna for the grime.. which then i today i managed to start and even finish in a couple of minutes a movie accurate costume for roy.

to be honest, this could be added to the main game.. it wouldn't even count as new content.. it would count more as a character fix.. 

@XxHollowFactorxX I admire your attention to detail... Its the little details that make all thing better than they were without the details. So many people do not even consider the details.
   I have a great memory... but could never keep all of the different names for shades of other colors straight. To me... "spruce green"... is "green". I will leave the expertise in colors to the experts such as yourself.
   Don't forget to post a pic or three of your costume.

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@XxHollowFactorxX I admire your attention to detail... Its the little details that make all thing better than they were without the details. So many people do not even consider the details.
   I have a great memory... but could never keep all of the different names for shades of other colors straight. To me... "spruce green"... is "green". I will leave the expertise in colors to the experts such as yourself.
   Don't forget to post a pic or three of your costume.

Trust me i am no expert, just really passionate about the roy design I guess lol I will post the costume once i am done.. trying to make sure i have the right ammount of grime on my mask.. that says clean but with some dirt.

44959237_273407733306857_8528710889757474816_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's actually the correct shade of green. It's not a plain "green green" it's supposed to be more of a teal-green. That's why it's confused for blue so often.

it's a spruce-green color.. the devs just didn't get the colors right.. this took me an 30 minutes to an hour to do. it was pretty fast.. hell even the mask they made to look wrong even in color. When Roy is not close to people his eyes look black.. the mask is actually a raw-sienna color with burnt umber and burn sienna for grime. I wish the devs would see this and actually do something about it.

56 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's actually very nearly the correct shade of green. It's not a plain "green green" it's supposed to be more of a teal-green. That's why it's confused for blue so often.

And that's pretty close to the coveralls that I personally own(link).

ZqFjD0h.jpg

Loving the costume, i actually posted another forum for my costume. I would suggest, getting a blank from either jdf, which are like 12-15 dollars and paint them. They are way better