I love when I'm playing as Fox with 7/10 strength and have a baseball bat which is 4/4 stun and then when I hit Jason it doesn't stun him and I die. I'm sorry for ranting about all these little bugs in the game but it's annoying me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

It happens. I don’t think any of the hand held weapons are supposed to have a 100% guarantee to stun. There’s always that 1% chance of failure. 

6 minutes ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

I love when I'm playing as Fox with 7/10 strength and have a baseball bat which is 4/4 stun and then when I hit Jason it doesn't stun him and I die. I'm sorry for ranting about all these little bugs in the game but it's annoying me.

Strength is not tied in any way to stun chance.  If you want a guaranteed stun chance, run the "Sucker Punch" perk with a baseball bat.  It is still not 100% stun chance, but close.

No weapon in the game is guaranteed stun except the shotgun and flare gun. The bat has a greater chance at stun than other combat weapons,  but it doesn’t guarantee a stun every time. 

49 minutes ago, Jenny thicker than Tiffany said:

Stun are not tied to counselors, it based on the weapon that used, with Bat and Frying Pan (I'm Serious) being the best.  Fox's strength is only good toward demasking, otherwise it's more or less a throw away stat, and her low luck is a detriment to her survival compared to other counselor choices.  Fox is great as a all-purpose Jason-killer if that's your aim, but if you want a "stun" build, pick counselors with high-luck (Chad, Jenny, Victoria, and Vanessa) and equip epic Suckerpunch + Swift Attacker.

Had Jenny last weekend hit with the bat for no stun, it happens. Best you can hope for is Jason isn't going for a grab at that point, or if he does you have a pocket knife. Luckily when Jason grabbed me we were upstairs in the big house at Higgins and he didn't have room for a kill, or I should say he didn't have the choke kill equipped. Otherwise, I would have been one dead Jenny!

On 10/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

Strength is not tied in any way to stun chance.  If you want a guaranteed stun chance, run the "Sucker Punch" perk with a baseball bat.  It is still not 100% stun chance, but close.

Damn I've legit been playing this game for over a year now and didn't realise strength wasn't related to stun chance. That's changed my perspective a lot now.

• Like 1

Don't certain Jasons have a higher/lower stun resistance than the rest?  I feel the more undead Jason looks, the harder he is to stun.

While true the bat wasn't a guaranteed stun, it does seem to have a higher failure rate now.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, silencedeffect said:

Don't certain Jasons have a higher/lower stun resistance than the rest?  I feel the more undead Jason looks, the harder he is to stun.

Yes that's basically it, I think Roy has one of the lowest stun resistances and this was the Part 5 Jason which is why I was even more confused.

Jason is way too easy to stun anyway. Sorry you had to endure the 1% chance of him actually not being a little bitch for once.

52 minutes ago, Hell Toupee said:

Jason is way too easy to stun anyway. Sorry you had to endure the 1% chance of him actually not being a little bitch for once.

This, seriously. No one on Earth should be whining that Jason is hard to stun at the moment. A gentle breeze puts him on his ass.

Jason needs a serious buff come next patch...if one ever comes.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 7:21 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

No weapon in the game is guaranteed stun except the shotgun and flare gun. The bat has a greater chance at stun than other combat weapons,  but it doesn’t guarantee a stun every time. 

Flare, and shot gun are guaranteed stun, but come with some shitty downsides. No stamina gain from either gun, and you get interaction lock from the shotgun. I'll take my chances with any weapon, but i favor the frying pan, and baseball bat

From spectator, I once saw a Jenny stun Jason 13 consecutive times with 4 different weapons: the pipe, a pot, and a tree branch, and a wrench. She never didn’t stun him. It was.... an embarrassment because that should never happened, Sucker Punch or not. Meanwhile I’ll crack Roy twice with a bat and he won’t stun...