Vio.

Useless counselors?

People who say stealth is useless, have you ever actually played A.J., and have you bought and equipped the two perks that reduce Jason's sense of you? I go a lot of games with Jason never finding me. I avoid all other players when I play A.J., ESPECIALLY Vanessa's because she's the loudest character in the game. A solo A.J., in my experience, is very hard for Jason to find. I'm almost always one of the last people alive when playing her.

A.J. is my fav atm and I do have both perks equipped but without something indicating that the perk is actually doing it's job it makes it hard to know when I should or should not move or hide. And that is my point is that the way things are now it makes them must haves. And while I do agree that she is difficult to find at the start once you see Jason there is no getting away due to the way things work at this point in time. tested this in a private game with a bunch of players to  see what's up and even with/without telling the jason player where I was he had zero issues finding me unless I had those two perks stacked. When the roles were reversed as the same character without those perks both during testing periods where he told me exactly where he was for testing purposes and a real match Once I had my sights set on him due to Jason's aforementioned current build/s (undead/lving didn't matter with living being a walk in the park pardon the pun), and the way stealth works as it is now he could not get away whether he hide in a bed or closet and used firecrackers to distract me. For the most part it's not a matter of if he will kill you. But how long it's gonna take for your fear to max and and never hide again.

Which leads me to think that at this time there are two ways things go down. You either hope the sense perk keeps you hidden long enough to survive or pick a runner and play ring around the rosie with nothing in between. And living Jason's being stress relief and Undead being hard mode for jason play.

A.J. is my fav atm and I do have both perks equipped but without something indicating that the perk is actually doing it's job it makes it hard to know when I should or should not move or hide. And that is my point is that the way things are now it makes them must haves. And while I do agree that she is difficult to find at the start once you see Jason there is no getting away due to the way things work at this point in time. tested this in a private game with a bunch of players to  see what's up and even with/without telling the jason player where I was he had zero issues finding me unless I had those two perks stacked. When the roles were reversed as the same character without those perks both during testing periods where he told me exactly where he was for testing purposes and a real match Once I had my sights set on him due to Jason's aforementioned current build/s (undead/lving didn't matter with living being a walk in the park pardon the pun), and the way stealth works as it is now he could not get away whether he hide in a bed or closet and used firecrackers to distract me. For the most part it's not a matter of if he will kill you. But how long it's gonna take for your fear to max and and never hide again.

Which leads me to think that at this time there are two ways things go down. You either hope the sense perk keeps you hidden long enough to survive or pick a runner and play ring around the rosie with nothing in between.

You're gonna run into those sorts of matches sometimes. The game is a rogue-like design since all the items are random. Sometimes you'll be the first guy Jason hunts and you won't have enough time to properly build up a defense for yourself. Other times, you might spawn right next to the cabin with the police phone or a car part and on the other side of the map from Jason. Survival isn't guaranteed in any match (the devs even said the deck stacked against you surviving) which is how it should be considering only 1-2 people ever survive the night in the movies.

You're gonna run into those sorts of matches sometimes. The game is a rogue-like design since all the items are random. Sometimes you'll be the first guy Jason hunts and you won't have enough time to properly build up a defense for yourself. Other times, you might spawn right next to the cabin with the police phone or a car part and on the other side of the map from Jason. Survival isn't guaranteed in any match (the devs even said the deck stacked against you surviving) which is how it should be considering only 1-2 people ever survive the night in the movies.

While survival should not be guaranteed I do agree it shouldn't also be a guaranteed kill for Jason once he sees you (preferable escape/stealth success ratio in my eyes would be 55/45 in Jason's favor). Though I just had the thought that why would I pick a high stealth character such as AJ that should be able to avoid his sense more if not better than a low stealth character who uses those perks emphasizing the need to be stealthy as that character who can't run as fast, often nor long enough to escape and only to have that stealth mean nothing when he can just sense you anyway? When I can use Vanessa who can run circles around Jason faster, more often and for longer periods of time while having both sense perks equipped avoid his sense 65% of the time and bypass the need for stealth entirely. Beta is beta I know but just trying to bring these things up as constructive feed back and level things out just a bit more in eyes.

Though as an aside if the only way for Jason to hear councilors shriek and gasp was if he was in sense mode I would also accept that 1 change as a possible balance for it to stay as is. Or make make it so he doesn't get the sense ability till the 7 min mark or something if he is living Jason and perhaps a bit sooner for the undead variants. Living jason's sense could also not be as accurate as undead jason's nor have as far a range to balance the fact that his chase game is much stronger by a landslide than undead. But the undead version could more or less be about not chasing but popping out of nowhere to confuse and surprise people.

Hiding don't work, sneaking don't work, running is only useful if you play with Vanessa. 

they need to re-do stuff here because it's frustrating even trying to play with the others, using even deborah is useless because he can still see you even sneaking or hiding so knowing how to repair in a second dont help you out.

using composure to break free is a little tiny bit helpful, and strength is not useful either and the only thing keeping me alive even a moment longer is vanessa being able to run fast.

and Jenny who was supposed to be able to be so great is useless, Chad and tiffany too because they dont have anything keeping them up, well tiffany have stamina but shes not fast enough!

do you think they fix this before releasing??

If sneaking isn't working for you then you're doing it wrong. I use AJ and more times than not I'm one of the last to die. If you know what you're doing stealth is very useful. Take a sneaky character and add the low profile perk. You'll be sneaking around like a pro. If you get spotted try to break line of sight and sneak away. This is how I play because I think Vanessa is just about useless other than her stamina pool. The moment she gets scared Jason's sense then pick her up the rest of the match. I think people need to learn how these things work and use some perks before complaining. I say this because there are too many people saying stealth is useless while I've been using stealth just fine, so where does the issue really lie? With the game or the user? Not tryin to be a dick I swear as I don't want this community to turn into the "git gud" community from DbD, but this game definitely requires effort on the survivors part to be able to survive or escape.

• Like 1

My problem isn't so much Vanessa, is that Jason can't reach over a knee high fence and grab her by the face, or kick that little roadside fence apart.

Playing "Run around the fence" gets stupid and seems to be the go-to strategy.

• Like 1

My problem isn't so much Vanessa, is that Jason can't reach over a knee high fence and grab her by the face, or kick that little roadside fence apart.

Playing "Run around the fence" gets stupid and seems to be the go-to strategy.

That's true. It would be cool if something like a fence was easily destroyed and counselors should be able to vault over them as well. Maybe at a small stamina cost or something.

• Like 1

Agree 100%, that is really my largest gripe is the ring around the rosy games.  Should be able to bust the fence and kick the wood into their skulls...same for couches, chairs, etc.  I usually just get the other counselors and then go back to finding that person, but it does feel a bit weird having it happen lol.  I don't mind counselors being able to kite and stuff, but that feels a bit out of place.  Maybe have them trip longer out of fear if they are too close for extended periods of time...I'm not sure.  

Well, you'll always run into this with something. it could be the car, vaulting windows in the barn or a larger house, or even a picnic table. And to be fair, that's a pretty valid strategy if you're really trying to avoid Jason. With the current Shift mechanics, you can circumvent most of it. For the things you can't, just leave and go wherever they need to go. 

This is only really a problem at the police exits with the very last person. That's an edge case.

I think Vanessa will probably be adjusted, but at the same time I've seen Charmin for one some wonderful stealthing with AJ. Like, virtually undectacble for much of the match.

So the others will be viable, it's just on this Beta build Vanessa's really good when she gets out on the road.

While survival should not be guaranteed I do agree it shouldn't also be a guaranteed kill for Jason once he sees you (preferable escape/stealth success ratio in my eyes would be 55/45 in Jason's favor).

If you think about it in the context of the source material, only one out of every 10 people ever come in contact with Jason in each movie and survives. So really, if they're trying to emulate the IP accurately, the survival percentage should be very low once he's found you. In fact, that would only make surviving that much more exhilarating because you know how unlikely you are to survive each encounter. A good Jason should at least be able to kill 2 or 3 counselors in every match unless they're really, really good at cooperating.

Imo Tiffany Is the best counselor out of all hands down. Not only is she Fast and Stamina strong, she is also Stealthy. The other counselors need to take a few pointers from her. But, maybe Deborah could be her Tutor becouse Tif is duuuuuuuuuumb.

Played Chad Kensiston the THIRD last night quite a bit.

There's just something about playing someone you know is a total douche-nozzle for fun. The right lobby, and it's a blast. "I hate searching poor kid's cabins, there's never anything good." or when Jason comes at you: "Do you know who my father is? You'll never work at a summer camp... aaaargh!" When Jason shows up yell, "KILL HER, SHE'S POOR!" and just run away. You know, act like an asshole. That way when you finally get killed the whole lobby cheers.

And honestly, of COURSE Jason is overpowered. You've watched the movies right? Unstoppable killing machine versus 7 teenagers?

It isn't IF you survive, it's how long you survive, how much fun you have, and how cool you die. And if you get a chance, spitting a good one-liner as he kills you.

• Like 3

There's just something about playing someone you know is a total douche-nozzle for fun. The right lobby, and it's a blast. "I hate searching poor kid's cabins, there's never anything good." or when Jason comes at you: "Do you know who my father is? You'll never work at a summer camp... aaaargh!" When Jason shows up yell, "KILL HER, SHE'S POOR!" and just run away. You know, act like an asshole. That way when you finally get killed the whole lobby cheers.

And honestly, of COURSE Jason is overpowered. You've watched the movies right? Unstoppable killing machine versus 7 teenagers?

It isn't IF you survive, it's how long you survive, how much fun you have, and how cool you die. And if you get a chance, spitting a good one-liner as he kills you.

what?

but the discussion is not about this, is about how 5 players pick vanessa just bc she runs.

I'll be working as a camp counselor this summer. If I get gutted I'll update you guys xD but I have been watching a lot of game plays and I just noticed that Jasons cool downs are pretty short. I feel like he shouldn't be able to spawn directly by the counselor. a Jason player did that and managed to grab and strangle a counselor. I do like the little mini game that pops up when the counselors are fixing something or fueling the car. Are there any game plays with Tiffany unlocked? The other counselors run out of stamina really fast. I'm pretty excited to see how the rest of the male counselors will work when they are implemented in early 2017.

I'll be working as a camp counselor this summer. If I get gutted I'll update you guys xD but I have been watching a lot of game plays and I just noticed that Jasons cool downs are pretty short. I feel like he shouldn't be able to spawn directly by the counselor. a Jason player did that and managed to grab and strangle a counselor. I do like the little mini game that pops up when the counselors are fixing something or fueling the car. Are there any game plays with Tiffany unlocked? The other counselors run out of stamina really fast. I'm pretty excited to see how the rest of the male counselors will work when they are implemented in early 2017.

Check out Laphin Hyena, he has unlocked Tiffany. Shes the best imo

i think Aj is my favourite since unlocking her i tend to survive for a while when playing her. Im too sucky to escape jason as ive died every game as counselor unless the game has bugged and kicked me out

The only way you escape Jason in this game is if they don't have a headset.
I literally just played a game as AJ with two stealth perks.

He immediately morphed to my cabin 40 seconds into the game after his first kill. I guess my cabin was red since I walked through the street for like 6 seconds.
Anyway, I tried my hardest to hide, even in rooms, he kept finding me, I almost actually lost him in the woods, he ran past me and was almost out of sight when I squealed and he immediately turned around and ran in the direction of my squeal.  

How are you a 10/10 in stealth but you squeal when you watch the killer lose you. 

IMO stealth needs to help nullify all sounds you make and a 10/10 should prevent red cabins from sound.

Composure should prevent red cabins from fear, and fear tracking.
I think that's the way the game is meant to be but it's not balanced yet.

Also, all the low stamina characters needs to get buffs, or slow jog needs to not cost stamina. Vanessa isn't op, she's just stronger than the other characters but she's not broken or anything, her stamina runs out eventually too.  

You could solve Vanessa with one thing.

Let Jason throw the axe or machete. Of course, he'd have to go get it. But just have it red.

She starts to run... WHAP!

what?

but the discussion is not about this, is about how 5 players pick vanessa just bc she runs.

Yeah, this posted here for some reason. Not sure why.

• Like 1

Ah man, Chad Kensington III is my pet name for him as well! It's like the only thing I can think of to make that great name even more perfect.

So what's up with Jenny's stats?  lol

She is slower, weaker and less intelligent than AJ.

I unlocked AJ and was testing her out and it seems that you can jog and not create a blip on the radar for Jason's sense to pick up.  Meanwhile, if you are jogging as Jenny, you will constantly be creating blips for Jason to track you, but then she doesn't have the speed or stamina stats to make a getaway like a Vanessa could.

Just trying to figure out what exactly Jenny brings to the table.  Composure doesn't really seem to do anything significant and I am not really sure what impact Luck has as a stat.  It seems like all the important stats are either really low on her or below average.  And now that I realize she constantly shows up on the radar even when jogging normally (not sprinting, just jogging) it seems like it would be fruitless to attempt to play as her.

Thoughts and opinions on how to improve her skill set?  Kind of wish all counselors brought something more unique to the table to make things a bit more interesting, to be honest.  However, I am not sure that is the direction the devs decided to go with this game.  I wonder if the perks will be universal or character specific?  That would definitely shake things up if only certain characters could unlock certain perks.