Vio.

Useless counselors?

in every game the people just pick vanessa bc stamina. the others are left behind and no one pick.

nerf vanessa or fix the others stamina?

I like A.J. because her stealth is top tier, she can hide from Jason very easily and wait out most dangerous situations. Unfortunately, the loudest character in the game, Vanessa, is the most popular, so if people want to buddy up with A.J., her stealth becomes useless. Definitely a character that excels solo.

That said, I think there will be character tiers. I don't personally see the use of Jenny if her high luck is paired with 1 strength. What's the point of your weapon breaking less if you're useless with it, Jenny? Composure, also, doesn't seem that impactful. Stealth, stamina, speed, and strength seem like prime stats, with maybe intelligence being a bonus, but the other stats are very nebulous in their usefulness.

• Like 1

I like A.J. because her stealth is top tier, she can hide from Jason very easily and wait out most dangerous situations. Unfortunately, the loudest character in the game, Vanessa, is the most popular, so if people want to buddy up with A.J., her stealth becomes useless. Definitely a character that excels solo.

That said, I think there will be character tiers. I don't personally see the use of Jenny if her high luck is paired with 1 strength. What's the point of your weapon breaking less if you're useless with it, Jenny? Composure, also, doesn't seem that impactful. Stealth, stamina, speed, and strength seem like prime stats, with maybe intelligence being a bonus, but the other stats are very nebulous in their usefulness.

Yeah, I like A.J. too. My problem is every game have 6 Vanessas, and the most thing I like about the game was the counselours variety. No one pick the preppy guy too, the bookish girl are useless even if a people unblock her, bc people are crazy for staminas. 

I think some things must be fix in. Take stamina above 5 and take a point for Vanessa. Or even add some thing for others counselous.

In long term game, it's become boring if only one char is the op of the game.

Imo Stealth is useless, Jason can still sense your fear. Plus finding cover/hiding from Jason is usually useless. A.J. has bad stamina and speed so if Jason even sees her she's dead.

Imo Courage is useless, Jason can insta-kill from grab so being able to break free is useless because you'll be killed before the mechanics let you escape. Plus Pocket Knives render this stat useless. If only having this Stat maxed(like Jenny does) was basically like always having a pocket knife.

Strength is pretty useless as well imo, the combat system is trash. If Jason whiffs an attack he can attack right after. If a counselor whiffs an attack they're stuck in a long animation. It's better to just run away.

Imo Stamina is unbalanced. All the counselors aside from Vanessa drain it very quickly. I get we shouldn't be able to infinite sprint but the stamina system needs a rebalance, or jogging shouldn't cost stamina.

Luck sounds useful on paper but imo since it's main attribute is tied to weapons it's bad as well.

Only usefull stats imo are Stamina, Speed, and Intelligence. For obvious reasons.

Jenny's Luck vs Strength is weird. She's definitely a bad counselor.

Imo it might be a little early to call but all counselors are underwhelming/bad since Jason is just too strong. Vanessa is the only playable one bc courage/stealth/combat are all useless and it's usually better to just run across the map 100% of the time.

Not trying to sound like a downer or "that guy" because this game still looks fun. However if they're trying to balance this game to be "competitive" it just ain't working.

• Like 2

Imo Stealth is useless, Jason can still sense your fear. Plus finding cover/hiding from Jason is usually useless. A.J. has bad stamina and speed so if Jason even sees her she's dead.

Imo Courage is useless, Jason can insta-kill from grab so being able to break free is useless because you'll be killed before the mechanics let you escape. Plus Pocket Knives render this stat useless. If only having this Stat maxed(like Jenny does) was basically like always having a pocket knife.

Strength is pretty useless as well imo, the combat system is trash. If Jason whiffs an attack he can attack right after. If a counselor whiffs an attack they're stuck in a long animation. It's better to just run away.

Imo Stamina is unbalanced. All the counselors aside from Vanessa drain it very quickly. I get we shouldn't be able to infinite sprint but the stamina system needs a rebalance, or jogging shouldn't cost stamina.

Luck sounds useful on paper but imo since it's main attribute is tied to weapons it's bad as well.

Only usefull stats imo are Stamina, Speed, and Intelligence. For obvious reasons.

Jenny's Luck vs Strength is weird. She's definitely a bad counselor.

Imo it might be a little early to call but all counselors are underwhelming/bad since Jason is just too strong. Vanessa is the only playable one bc courage/stealth/combat are all useless and it's usually better to just run across the map 100% of the time.

Not trying to sound like a downer or "that guy" because this game still looks fun. However if they're trying to balance this game to be "competitive" it just ain't working.

You right. Jason still OP for a fight, and I don't know how the others male jock's counselors gonna fight against him, bc they must be slow as well the nerd guy.

The goal of the game is run for Jason, and if it goes in the Official release, all the others counselors aside Vanessa and Tiffany are gonna left behind. 5 Vannesas, 2 Tiffany's vs 1 Jason.

Pray for stamina. 

Imo Counselor mechanics need a buff.

Jason shouldn't be able to Insta-kill from 1 grab. I mean he should, but not immediately after grabbing a counselor. There needs to be a delay in order to allow the counselor to escape. A counselor being injured obviously would shorten this delay. Having a high courage stat should basically be like having a natural pocket knife.

Combat needs to be not useless. I get it should be one sided and risky because it's Jason. But it's downright useless in it's current state.

Stealth needs to actually work.

Counselor Jogging/Running shouldn't burn stamina. But you can't regenerate stamina while running either.

• Like 2

I do think the stamina system could use a few tweaks for sure. It does run out too fast. I think jogging shouldn't use stamina, but it shouldn't regenerate either or something. As for stealth I've found it useful for hiding and letting Jason chase someone else or simply lose track of you and go elsewhere. I've been semi successful with it, but this game is definitely harder than those early videos made it appear.

I agree.  I've played 10 matches and there's always at least min of 5 Vanessa.   Hiding seems pointless as well.  Hopefully the guys have stats and watching games play out cause it's a bloody Vanessa vs Jason game.

I think they should just make it so no one can be the same character. That will make balancing less important and makes the game more fun for Jason, because now he can prioritise who to take out first.

• Like 1

I think they should just make it so no one can be the same character. That will make balancing less important and makes the game more fun for Jason, because now he can prioritise who to take out first.

This is a terrible idea.

1. The game is already favored to Jason.

2. Limiting character selection just to avoid actually balancing one of the core gameplay mechanics is the laziest thing I ever heard.

3. People would hate to end up getting stuck with a terrible counselor, like Jenny.

Kinda would like to see the characters randomized just as who plays Jason is randomized.  So the game isn't full of clones like it is right now.  Although I do realize this would probably be too unpopular a change to implement.  Maybe clothing options will help differentiate them some.  At any rate, they all need to be balanced so that they're fun to play and have different styles that are still viable.  Way too much Vanessa in the streams right now.

• Like 1

Honestly Ive been tossing some ideas around with some high skill players I know from DBD.

The fix is pretty much in... Jason just needs to move faster (Not much mind you). Jason's base walking speed need a bit more ompf. In return they can make the Jasons that Sprint have a cooldown or stamina bar. (And make it a little better.)

This would stop folks from running circles around cars for 5 mins to stop you from getting to them.

And at the same time I would make Jogging cost no stamina BUT you cant regen stamina while jogging. This would speed up camper game play and make it smoother.

And Vanessa needs nerfs to her jogging speed and stamina pool. Shes just to damn efficient at escaping. No other archetype compares to her value... Why would you EVER use anything but a sprinter in this games current state?

This is a terrible idea.

2. Limiting character selection just to avoid actually balancing one of the core gameplay mechanics is the laziest thing I ever heard.

3. People would hate to end up getting stuck with a terrible counselor, like Jenny.

I'm not saying that they don't need to balance at all but people are saying nerf the athletic girl or buff the others stamina but this doesn't make much sense. An athletic girl shouldn't have just a little bit more stamina then a guy like eric. I think they just need to make sneaking more of a rewarding playstyle. I think this would be achieved by making crouched movement alot faster because it's just reaaaally slow right now so no one does it because it is boring.

As for people being forced to play a certain councelor is not the case anymore with full release because there will be more then 7 councelor's to choose from. If they don't lock councelor choice I'm afraid there will always be a favorite no matter how many councelors they add. Also, the game should be in Jason's favor. If escaping becomes anywhere near easy the game will become repetitive.

Hiding don't work, sneaking don't work, running is only useful if you play with Vanessa. 

they need to re-do stuff here because it's frustrating even trying to play with the others, using even deborah is useless because he can still see you even sneaking or hiding so knowing how to repair in a second dont help you out.

using composure to break free is a little tiny bit helpful, and strength is not useful either and the only thing keeping me alive even a moment longer is vanessa being able to run fast.

and Jenny who was supposed to be able to be so great is useless, Chad and tiffany too because they dont have anything keeping them up, well tiffany have stamina but shes not fast enough!

do you think they fix this before releasing??

• Like 1

*fingers crossed* Hopefully this beta shows them more then just glitches and bugs. Hopefully they can get a better view of how the general public will play their game and how douche some people can be.

The stamina drain needs a slight nerf about every other counselor is wheezing and immobile after about 5 seconds of running.

• Like 1

I agree.  I've played 10 matches and there's always at least min of 5 Vanessa.   Hiding seems pointless as well.  Hopefully the guys have stats and watching games play out cause it's a bloody Vanessa vs Jason game.

This

Honestly Ive been tossing some ideas around with some high skill players I know from DBD.

The fix is pretty much in... Jason just needs to move faster (Not much mind you). Jason's base walking speed need a bit more ompf. In return they can make the Jasons that Sprint have a cooldown or stamina bar. (And make it a little better.)

This would stop folks from running circles around cars for 5 mins to stop you from getting to them.

And at the same time I would make Jogging cost no stamina BUT you cant regen stamina while jogging. This would speed up camper game play and make it smoother.

And Vanessa needs nerfs to her jogging speed and stamina pool. Shes just to damn efficient at escaping. No other archetype compares to her value... Why would you EVER use anything but a sprinter in this games current state?

I think she needs a nerf, just a little bit.

and the others something to stamina.

ImO Vanessa could use a nerf, but not too drastically. She's supposed to be the fast runner of the cast. The only reason people are playing her is because all the strengths of the other counselors are either useless or overshadowed.

Vanessa Jones

Courage 1/10

Luck 1/10

Intelligence 2/10

Speed 10/10

Stamina 9/10

Stealth 1/10

Strength 4/10

Vanessa being the Athletic Girl means she should mean she should be the best runner. However since she has 2 high stats the rest of them are left low. she doesn't have any other strengths aside from running.

I've had several situations where I've successfully hid from Jason. It's pretty exhilarating looking through a closet and seeing him in the hallway but then walk into another room to give you a chance to escape. I think they do need to lengthen the cooldown of the sense ability though to help encourage hiding. As it is, you have to just hope that Jason burned it before getting into the building and doesn't just wait for it to recharge, or that he gets fooled into thinking you fled through an open window.

The stealth mechanics work as well assuming you're far away from Jason. If you're a long distance away and he uses his sense ability, it shows him a little circle for where the noise your making is coming from. No noise, no Jason alerts. Same with the radios and noise makers. They give him false alerts as to where people are that he ends up wasting special powers to investigate as well.

The balance isn't perfect by any means, but it does work when played as a team. It's just a challenge getting players to do that right now cause everyone is logging in for the first time and running around like mice trying to figure out the map and what to do.

This is a terrible idea.

Except that games lock classes all the time.

Jus'ayin

All use the  Vanesa only for she can run more faster and more time.  But in this game run is die. 

I love AJ she is a ninja. Y put 2 perks and i have 65 % less of Sense of Jason detect me xd

• Like 1

Vanessa is the only useful councilor atm due to the stealth system being utterly non-existant. Jason's sense ability needs a drastic reduction in either range, duration, or cd period. Once you see him there is no time or method to reduce your fear meter fast enough to get away even when running through a building. Firecrackers should have an aoe effect on the minimap and his sense vision to drown out all noise in an area that causes Jason's sense ability to not be able to pick up any other noise in that area as long as it is active to make them useful, maybe the size of one of the cabins to give  you a chance to run into a house to pop it then use it to escape. The must have perk abilities are ones that reduce your chances of being sensed are MUST HAVES at this point and make all others useless by comparison. Though it would be nice to have a sound que letting you know that he is using sense and the perk is activeat that given time , like having a councilor mutter something like "I hope he just keeps going that way" or something like that. So you can run into a hiding spot and not guess when the perk kicks in. Even an icon display would be nice.

One final thought is with human Jason's being able to run with all this having been said why would I ever want to pick anything but with the current state of attrition that Jason plays with the current meta? I'm not saying nerf the run or anything or it's removal by any means just work the stealth system so it leans more towards a cat and mouse scenario. Rather than Jason just making you see him to spike your fear so you can never hide again.

People who say stealth is useless, have you ever actually played A.J., and have you bought and equipped the two perks that reduce Jason's sense of you? I go a lot of games with Jason never finding me. I avoid all other players when I play A.J., ESPECIALLY Vanessa's because she's the loudest character in the game. A solo A.J., in my experience, is very hard for Jason to find. I'm almost always one of the last people alive when playing her.

• Like 1