i'm about this, id really like to have the option to be in first person just because it's more immersive, seeing my character in front of me just wouldn't give the same effect. I feel it being in 3rd person would take away from the horror aspect greatly.

What's everyone elses opinion on it.

Most of the highest reviewed horror games were all 3rd person: Resident Evil 4, Fatal Frame, Silent Hill 2 and 3 for some examples. Horror is about atmosphere, pacing, and nuiance, not player perspective. I think either could work, but I like the idea of a over the shoulder camera a la Gears of War more than a 1st person viewpoint.

• Like 1

I prefer it to be in 3rd person. But there should be a button to switch to first person temporarily depending on the situation. 

• Like 2

We've got third person after a lot of debate here. Think people are really going to like what we've come up with and why we've gone the way we have. A lot of time is going into polishing camera angles, perspective and control for the users. Besides, who doesn't want to see Jason in all his glory when you're controlling him?

• Like 4

We've got third person after a lot of debate here. Think people are really going to like what we've come up with and why we've gone the way we have. A lot of time is going into polishing camera angles, perspective and control for the users. Besides, who doesn't want to see Jason in all his glory when you're controlling him?

EXACTLY! :)

i'm about this, id really like to have the option to be in first person just because it's more immersive, seeing my character in front of me just wouldn't give the same effect. I feel it being in 3rd person would take away from the horror aspect greatly.

What's everyone elses opinion on it.

I disagree for many reasons but the major one is that every game is 1st person I would not be opposed to it entering a cabin or something it switches to first but overall 3rd person I feel is best fit for this game.

• Like 1

The only thing I could see for a 1st person view is if they have a couple of ranged weapons like a bow and arror or slingshot that you could aim down the sight for. Other than that, I'm for 3rd person.

MAYBE BEING ABLE TO HIT A BUMPER AND SWITCHING TO FIRST PERSON SO YOU CAN STOP AND LOOK AROUND YOU, AND THEN YA LET THE BUTTON GO AND IT SWITCHES BACK TO 3RD PERSON. ID BE GOOD WITH THAT! OTHER THAN THAT, THE GAME SHOULD BE IN 3RD PERSON.

• Like 1

mm i guess. it'd be cool to have the option to be in first person for the councilors though, Jason i could completely understand being 3rd person only.

One thing I never liked about 1st person is when you perform a " special move kill " and can't even see what is going on . A perfect example is a melee kill in Skyrim or when you kill a dragon and jump on it's head .... I think that is why the Devs are pro 3rd person , because in first person you'll lose that " I am watching a movie " aspect and may even miss the whole scene .

the problem also is that you gotta do A LOT more of adjustments to the engine and the enviroment and character models in order to support BOTH compared to only supporting one.

the problem also is that you gotta do A LOT more of adjustments to the engine and the enviroment and character models in order to support BOTH compared to only supporting one.

true. if its that big a problem, id just rather it be all 3rd person. 

yeah a lot more happens in game if you switch perspective than just.. well... a switch of perspective

yeah a lot more happens in game if you switch perspective than just.. well... a switch of perspective

Hmmmm...nice perspective.

Ive always preferred 3rd person over 1st person. Even in racing games i like to see my car rather than driving in 1st person.

Let's not say that 1st person does not have its place. I just don't think its right for this game.

• Like 1

Honestly, there have been so many first person horror games these past few years that I'm a little sick of it by now. The third person is very much welcomed by me.

Honestly, there have been so many first person horror games these past few years that I'm a little sick of it by now. The third person is very much welcomed by me.

that is true. basically every lame PC Horrorgame that is popular among youtubers is some shitty looking first person thing

1st person is such a pain to navigate.  There, I said it.

I don't really mind it in like a first person shooter , but I agree in most fighting / sword / melee combat much tougher then 3rd person .

Though , first person gives that much more immersive close to the action  , less peripheral vision and most times players can use 3rd person views to see around corners , the third person view is going to be much better at watching one's demise and will make it feel more like we are in a movie  .

Examples are the special finisher moves in Shadow of Morder , Skyrim and Manhunt . Though in first person we may get some knife stabbing action or blood spray on the camera , which don't get me wrong that is great , a 3rd person captures all the action where 1st person views can miss a lot , especially if your the victim of an elaborate kill . Which 7 of the players will  more or less be the victims .

Where some 1st finish person games really do the 1st person view extremely well , like in Dying Light when you jump on a zombie and you see your arms moving as you stick your blades into a zombie , the 3rd person cinematic style is a much better bet that all the action will be caught by both players with both player on player kills and environmental kills .

When I think of first-person horror done well, I think of Slenderman (how much this is a horror game is debatable, I haven't been able to finish it lol) or Alien Isolation. If this game is third-person only, then it gives me more of an action oriented feel. Silent Hill games work so well in third person because of the atmosphere, same as Resident Evil 4 (again, debatable how much this is a horror game depending on where you sit with the Resident Evil franchise, I loved RE4). Hopefully this game has similar third-person atmosphere in trying to work together as counselors and facing Jason.

When I think of first-person horror done well, I think of Slenderman (how much this is a horror game is debatable, I haven't been able to finish it lol) or Alien Isolation. If this game is third-person only, then it gives me more of an action oriented feel. Silent Hill games work so well in third person because of the atmosphere, same as Resident Evil 4 (again, debatable how much this is a horror game depending on where you sit with the Resident Evil franchise, I loved RE4). Hopefully this game has similar third-person atmosphere in trying to work together as counselors and facing Jason.

Clock Tower worked well and it was 3rd person.  It's feels like the only true slasher video game I've ever played where it's just you against the killer, no zombies/monsters to fight off between encounters with the big boss.

Clock-Tower.jpg

Clock Tower worked well and it was 3rd person.  It's feels like the only true slasher video game I've ever played where it's just you against the killer, no zombies/monsters to fight off between encounters with the big boss.

Clock-Tower.jpg

Classic!