There's almost always a final F13 survivor. Perhaps, in game terms, with each kill, the counsellors could experience less fear penalties? In the films, the final survivors had pretty much shown that they can operate coherently, despite what much be almost debilitating fear. So by the time there is only one left, there is very little in terms of fear. You only get that bonus after the game checks to see if you've actually done something, rather than just hid and yelled at your mom to get you chocolate milk while everyone else actually played.

Or Jason could become weaker as time progresses? To increase the tension for the Jason player, instead of having the pressure lower for the player after kills mean less counsellors in-play to hunt.

This COULD open the door for temporarily defeating Jason due to his weakened state, but Jason is never down forever, and the counsellors better keep hurrying in their plans to escape. Maybe even giving Jason a graphic indicator showing where the player is that took him down. (Like a revenge power of sorts).. It would keep the pressure up, and a recovered Jason is a fresh/healed Jason who knows exactly where you are.

I don't think actually killing Jason should be possible, but you COULD get him out of play for a bit.

There's almost always a final F13 survivor. Perhaps, in game terms, with each kill, the counsellors could experience less fear penalties? In the films, the final survivors had pretty much shown that they can operate coherently, despite what much be almost debilitating fear. So by the time there is only one left, there is very little in terms of fear. You only get that bonus after the game checks to see if you've actually done something, rather than just hid and yelled at your mom to get you chocolate milk while everyone else actually played.

Or Jason could become weaker as time progresses? To increase the tension for the Jason player, instead of having the pressure lower for the player after kills mean less counsellors in-play to hunt.

This COULD open the door for temporarily defeating Jason due to his weakened state, but Jason is never down forever, and the counsellors better keep hurrying in their plans to escape. Maybe even giving Jason a graphic indicator showing where the player is that took him down. (Like a revenge power of sorts).. It would keep the pressure up, and a recovered Jason is a fresh/healed Jason who knows exactly where you are.

I don't think actually killing Jason should be possible, but you COULD get him out of play for a bit.

love it

That'd totally make the video game for me!

I've also been thinking about love interests.  If the nerdy Final Girl's jock (but not an asshole) crush is being attacked by Jason, maybe she can yell at Jason to chase her instead so to save him.  It's happened in the movies.  Or, alternatively, if she sees Jason crush her crush's head (with his eyeball popping out) then that could result in some sort of heartbroken rage bonus.

If the nerdy Final Girl's jock (but not an asshole) crush is being attacked by Jason, maybe she can yell at Jason to chase her instead so to save him.

this could be achieved by granting the Jason player a bonus multiplier if he succeeds in killing the distracting player instead of going for the already sure kill.

• Like 1

Funny, I'd like Jason to get even stronger as the round goes on! Really build up the tension and gets the fear going.

Some kind of bonus for the sole player left could be interesting if perhaps in different way. Like...I don't know, maybe they get to see where necessary parts are on their map so they can try to quickly rush and complete fixing something to escape rather than having to continue to search?

I do most definitely want 'killing' Jason to be very, very, very difficult to do. Otherwise the game just becomes a race to doing things 1-2-3 and down goes Jason, no tension and no fuss, which will absolutely hurt this game badly.

Funny, I'd like Jason to get even stronger as the round goes on! Really build up the tension and gets the fear going.

Some kind of bonus for the sole player left could be interesting if perhaps in different way. Like...I don't know, maybe they get to see where necessary parts are on their map so they can try to quickly rush and complete fixing something to escape rather than having to continue to search?

I do most definitely want 'killing' Jason to be very, very, very difficult to do. Otherwise the game just becomes a race to doing things 1-2-3 and down goes Jason, no tension and no fuss, which will absolutely hurt this game badly.

I like this idea , but to give it a twist , maybe everyone gets a little better by the same little bit . like if we did points , lets say Jason makes his first kill Jason and the 6 left get a point now maybe that doesn't mean a lot at 6 survivors .

Lets say the counselors start at 5 and Jason 15 , well if the other 6 are dead then instead of a 3 to 1 advantage the counselor left has an 11 vs a 21 which increased them to over double what they were to start ... I mean ... these would not be numbers , but they would be balanced stats and of course the ratio could be tweaked .... but what ya all think ?

I like this idea , but to give it a twist , maybe everyone gets a little better by the same little bit . like if we did points , lets say Jason makes his first kill Jason and the 6 left get a point now maybe that doesn't mean a lot at 6 survivors .

Lets say the counselors start at 5 and Jason 15 , well if the other 6 are dead then instead of a 3 to 1 advantage the counselor left has an 11 vs a 21 which increased them to over double what they were to start ... I mean ... these would not be numbers , but they would be balanced stats and of course the ratio could be tweaked .... but what ya all think ?

Progression in a round isn't a bad idea. The problem is mainly the balance and the execution, and the biggest issue with balance I'm seeing is the massive amount of counselors to Jason, still might be able to deal with it though, they could dedicate an entire beta phase to deciding whether or not in-round progression is a good idea or not.

No fear for the last counselor does make sense in that context, but it also means that Jason can't sense them, which means they will likely just wait for the 20 minutes to be over.

Reducing fear by quite a bit should be fine though, and giving them a better repair stat no matter who they are might give them the advantage to outplay Jason while fixing their escape method.

Yeah I think this idea has legs. As others stated giving the last survivor no fear would just mean the player would hide out until the timer ends, but an "adrenaline" boost could be activated when they become the final survivor which would result in a small bump up to their stats. As the original poster quite rightly pointed out, these final girls/guys always reach from within and pull something out of the bag in those closing moments of the films and would help replicate that moment somewhat.  

I would overall like to see more contextual XP bonuses. For instance, bonus XP should be given to a particularly helpful Tommy Jarvis - such as a bonus for every survivor that escapes after he spawns as long as a conditional time spent advancing objectives or fending off Jason has been met. There should be massive XP bonuses for hitting someone out of Jason's grab, there should be additional XP bonuses based on how many people were able to escape with the car so long as you in some way participated in fixing or driving it. If you die while in combat with Jason and someone else is in proximity you should get a "Distraction" XP bonus. If you currently have the car and you stop to pick someone up, you should get bonus "Hop In!" XP.

Trying to promote immersive gameplay would go a long way toward having some less "gamey" matches and ones that have a bit more dramatic flair. Currently people often dislike to risk their own safety in favor of drama that could make situations more fun or interesting or exciting. I'm sure people could think of things Jason could do as well that could net Jason far more XP bonuses. That is to say, we shouldn't force it, but we should definitely incentivize it. People are so caught up on surviving because of XP bonuses and potential terrible rewards if they take risks that often they just want to "Win" because its incentivized like that. But if people were incentivized to "act out" a bit more the way we see in the movies and eschew the idea that literally EVERYONE must escape, I believe we'd have more extremely fun matches.

I could have used a stat boost last night. Was hanging out with a guy in a cabin when he must've found the car keys. I turned around, he was gone, then I heard a car engine turn over and his character said, "I can't believe this thing started!!!" As I ran outside, he left me in his dust and drove away. :wacko:

Jason crushed my windpipe with 90 seconds to go in the match. DOH!

I really like this idea. I also like the suggestion that as Counselors die, the surviving Counselors each get a little stronger.

I do, however, think there should be a way to kill Jason. At the end of each film, Jason is "killed". Of course it's not permanent, but he is put down for a while. This, of course, would have to be very VERY difficult.