Sign in to follow this  
CastilloRA

Counselor/Jason check box preference?

I'm not sure if this has been suggested so I thought I'd throw this out here.

While a majority of players wouldn't mind playing Jason, there may be players who would prefer not to. That being said, how about an opt-out mechanic at set-up so the randomizer will only choose a player to play Jason who has that preference checked?

Thanks!

• Like 2

That's a good idea in my opinion. Although, I think you get to pick who you want to be, the devs said they want us to be sure to play both Jason and the counselors in the beta, that makes me think we get a choice and while there are those people who will always pick Jason and not even give the counselors a chance (the self righteous assholes) I would honestly rather a randomizer and your idea would be perfect to add along with it. I see me using the counselors a lot more and Jason only every so often.

• Like 1

See I wanna see both sides of the game. I do wanna play as Jason, but I have no intention of being a hog about it. I am looking forward to playing a counselor just as much. Though I do know some people are ALWAYS gonna try and pick Jason.

• Like 2

I asked Wes earlier if you could opt out of being Jason or if it was all random. He replied saying it was random

• Like 1

I can't wait to spill blood and also vice versa, but one thing that came to mind was how queueing with another 1 - 4 friends would work.  What if one of those 5 friends turned out to be Jason, couldn't they use 3rd party voip software to essentially 'sandbag' the other 3 random counselors for instance, or even further use that to their advantage to farm experience?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, or if there are already measures in place to prevent this.

I agree that a preference would be cool...if it happens only one person wants to play Jason would be cool if the machine can detect preference when assigning roles...kind of like aisle and windows when booking travel ^_^